Is English the highest evolution of language?

Is English the highest evolution of language?

>It has allowed the growth and connectivity of our modern world
>It's easy to learn, allowing it to serve as a universal language pro tempore
>It's structured to allow the most efficient exchange of ideas
>It allows the most diverse expression of feeling
>It allows an abundance of word play that inspires humor, art, culture, and introspection.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2cF9j815xrI
youtube.com/watch?v=U2dS3XKJOqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That’s right – for the first time ever, the Oxford Dictionaries Word of the Year is a pictograph: ????, officially called the ‘Face with Tears of Joy’ emoji, though you may know it by other names. There were other strong contenders from a range of fields, outlined below, but ???? was chosen as the ‘word’ that best reflected the ethos, mood, and preoccupations of 2015.

How well do you know your emojis? Take our quiz.
Why was this chosen?

Emojis (the plural can be either emoji or emojis) have been around since the late 1990s, but 2015 saw their use, and use of the word emoji, increase hugely.

This year Oxford University Press have partnered with leading mobile technology business SwiftKey to explore frequency and usage statistics for some of the most popular emoji across the world, and ???? was chosen because it was the most used emoji globally in 2015. SwiftKey identified that ???? made up 20% of all the emojis used in the UK in 2015, and 17% of those in the US: a sharp rise from 4% and 9% respectively in 2014. The word emoji has seen a similar surge: although it has been found in English since 1997, usage more than tripled in 2015 over the previous year according to data from the Oxford Dictionaries Corpus.

ENGLISH LANGUAGE SUPREMACY

Wow, do you think that has anything to do with it's ubiquitousness?

>easiest to learn

I dont know man, our idioms are pretty fucking retarded
if you took everything that a typical english speaker said at literal face value, it would be nuts

English isn't dominant because of some sort of inherent superiority. Major empires that have owned large portions of the earth spoke it, so it became the dominant language.

>implying english is the only language with idioms
>implying people learn any language at literal face value

>It has allowed the growth and connectivity of our modern world
No, that's technology, it so happened that the super power developing that technology used english.

>It's easy to learn, allowing it to serve as a universal language pro tempore

That depends on where in the world you are from. A locations native language is probably the easiest to learn. We teach english for 12 years in the US and look at how bad the average person is at grammar.

>It's structured to allow the most efficient exchange of ideas

What? Structured implies it is designed. Languages are organic not designed. They change over time in order to convey a message.

>It allows the most diverse expression of feeling

I don't know about that. Are we really going to say that a language is superior because of how many shades of emotion "angery" or "happy" can be conveyed. Maybe Chinese or Japanese would be superior?

>It allows an abundance of word play that inspires humor, art, culture, and introspection.

Every other culture on the planet has poems, songs, mythology, etc. This is not a uniquely English trait.

>highest evolution of language
first of all, if you mean "language" as in the human language faculty, then english is identical to all other human languages. if you mean the english language, then no because languages don't evolve, they change randomly over time via regular sound change.

>grammar
This fucking guy, it's speeled grammer you homo

Captcha:
>GENERAL Akademie
Something you've never fucking been to retard

>angery
argument invalidated

explain

I've been reading wuxia novels lately

It often comes up where there isn't an english version for an expression of some emotions or other things in chinese.

Chinese is supposedly super context heavy though so screw that

Right now. Yes. If you get into this stuff you'll find the best languages balance word count versus efficiency. Letter count versus complexity.

Like for instance

Spanish is a retarded language. Not off the cuff retarded but as in literally retarded. It only has around 50,000-70,000 words that short generally. So what happens is they have to talk fast in order to jam as many words as possibly in between a breaths because they lack the variety of words to describe anything. Another way to think about it is English has varying degrees of adjectives such as the fast car, fastest car. In Spanish try to say the fastest car.

I can explain why Spanish is retarded because of its history but let's just say it is. The average Spanish only speaker has a much smaller vocabulary than the English only one.

Versus things like some insane Hindi dialect which is ultra complex and no one can learn it lol

It has to be complex enough to be efficient and accurately define or describe but it can't be so complex no one not born into can't learn it and it doesn't take the average person 20 years to learn to speak a tenth of it

Actually there's been studies done about why English is better than most other languages for music. I can't remember the details, but apparently only English and a few other rare languages have the qualities that make singing nice.

Ever hear Mediterranean music? It sounds so horrible with the way their intonations are expressed

>implying finnish isn't the world's most superior language

English everywhere is a convenient globalism tool to brainwash more people.

You don't need English to program a computer, its a convention.

Are you serious?

EVER HEARD CHINESE???
听说过中文吗???

>angry and confused gook

>english
>best for music
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!

Is Hebrew a difficult language? The alphabet seems pretty easy

>what is the language of 99% of global top hits

Yea. Bet the Chinese freaked out when the internet and the keyboard was introduced. How the hell are we going to fit 4000 signs into that?

It's more of a side-effect honestly, and close to regressing into hieroglyph like writing, effectively, due to its disconnection of pronounciation and writing.

It's easy to learn for certain western groups, though most english speakers make even this questionable: If it were truly easy the ease would be two-way.

It's vague at best, especially in comparison to a language like german and efficient in the sense that there are a lot of short words.
But the drawback of these words is that you have to lean them, you can't properly synthesize them on the spot; basically English is hardcoding everything while allowing composite words is comparable to using classes and such. I suspect you can guess which is more efficient in truth.

That's rather easy to claim if you know none other, heh.
But no there are quite some things that don't translate to english at all, in spite of its supposed spread and common acceptance.
Even from very related languages like dutch there are words that don't translate 1 on 1, with the situation being a lot worse as languages start to diverge more and more.

Goes for literally every language, you're just most familiar with this one as most english people only know english, and such humor does not translate at all.
Ergo almost every other work in every other language is lost to you.

So in summary: Be mindful of the limitations of your language and the limited knowledge of languages in general that your peers and potentially you are so notorious for.
Effectively this is like... a child wanting to drive a car because it is convinced his toy car and simple videogames have sufficiently prepared him to make the right calls about real situations that may arise.

What words expressed has nothing to do with the quality of the music.
youtube.com/watch?v=2cF9j815xrI

>organic not designed
Found the fedora

>HURR DURR WHAT FUCKING EVERYONE IN THE WORLD LIKES IS ACTUALLY SHITTY COMPARED TO MY ESOTERIC MUSIC THAT'S CIRCLEJERKED TO BY MUSIC "AFICIONADOS"

They don't write the vowels and 90% of the constinants sound like you're clearing your throat.

Imagine Russian with a headcold having sex with Arabic

Spanish as in Latinos or Spanish as in Spain?

Latinos speak retard spanish.

Being bilingual myself, growing up in Spain and then moving to the UK, I have not observed this vocabulary difference at all, in fact I've noticed a worrying amount of brits that can´t put a good sentence together, even in university.

That's not how you spell esperanto

Swedish Master Race Language coming through:
سنسهص سنسخحشش ءكخشش اها اها ججضخصحش

Funny how in a truly globalist utopia, there would be only one language.
Probably English. Why don't the globalists push for extinction of nasjonal languages? Oh wait.. Here I am, an norwegian typing English with other nationalities... I'm globalized!

>The English speaking demons are pushing GLOBALISM!

It must be against the bible to speak another language. God, as we know, put different language into different groups in order to confuse them. There must have been a reason.

We are committing sins as we speak

Can't tell if insane or retarded

I trust English is the best language because to me it is the official language of the white man and I do not trust mongrels to make a good language.

Consider the close relationship of Modern-Day English and German.

God did that to stop the goyim from building a tower to reach him though so every language after this is ordained by yahweh himself.

Proof that globalism is satanic. Defying God's will.

Actually maymays are.

They are the living language foretold.

>>It has allowed the growth and connectivity of our modern world
>>It's easy to learn, allowing it to serve as a universal language pro tempore
>>It's structured to allow the most efficient exchange of ideas
>>It allows the most diverse expression of feeling
>>It allows an abundance of word play that inspires humor, art, culture, and introspection.

no, no, no, no and no
only because of internet english is so popular right now

So just don't forget how to speak Norwegian and you'll be golden.

Latin was better desu senpai, but it's dead now.

kek

Careful Iceland. We might not bail you out next time

It's because the Englishman is superior to all other tribes of Europe. He's survived the wars, the famines, the catastrophes and he's emerged, victorious, conqueror of the entire globe.

Maybe it will be Serbia's turn in 1000 years but I doubt it.

>global top hits
stop

It's the borg of languages, it assimilates everything in it's path.
Resistance is futile.

We will only know peace when English is the only language

Serbia already had its turn 30k years ago, so suck it, but you can't deny it, we all know english only because of internet, and we wouldn't care if it was called english or american, because enlishman did very little, most were american fault english language is so dominant (well ok, not only internet, but hollywood also)

go back to you worthless snob

Can't happen. Nationalism would implode. Too risky.
>sorry bro

>Serbia already had its turn 30k years ago
>30,000 years ago

kek that's even worse than American heritagefagging

Serbia getting eternally rekt since then
youtube.com/watch?v=U2dS3XKJOqU

or make it stronger cause everyone is the same tribe.

OH Race is a social construct, there are no gender, everyone is the same tribe
>Interesting indeed. Tell me more

and your point is? internet and hollywood, even your retarded country isn't even 80% english, and if we talk about proper grammar it would go probably bellow 50%

I'm saying learn your place on the food chain. Anglo man is at the top like the good lord intended.

>muh tribe
keep tellin your self that