Is he currently the best youtube animator? Also post some of your favorite animators

Is he currently the best youtube animator? Also post some of your favorite animators.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FhvYkkkx2Yc
youtu.be/CQL-ixTcqWU
youtu.be/oEmM_zKuTD0
youtu.be/NSnAdcyxCZ4
youtu.be/v0b2s_ot9_0
youtube.com/channel/UC2IN9jPcC7CyTmGCzf1Mo1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBvbNs7WSII
youtube.com/watch?v=1CWfOcXSaMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CsKTzqWNe-g
youtube.com/watch?v=ODrKQ8YpXrM
youtube.com/watch?v=IglGHt1h9-o
youtube.com/watch?v=hoRrZ3WCZD8
youtube.com/watch?v=T7h-3tkYgSA
youtube.com/watch?v=WHH2DFDcpH8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is he currently the best youtube animator?
no

Reminder that party.mov was shit.

>a complete asshole with no likeable traits or personality outside of being a cunt so he makes up for it by filling his face with holes

Nah famalam

Nope, Aaron Long is.

and Felix Colgrave

Has he animated anything that doesn't appeal to edgelord teenagers?

I haven't seen the most recent ones, but I've enjoyed Betsy Lee's No Evil series in the past. I wouldn't call it one of the best, but I do find it charming (and sometimes eerie).

Yes by virtue of being the only "youtube animator" animator

it's like he purposely kills his 'franchises' on purpose.

it happened with Jerry, wgj4k, and the pony.mov shit.

Mat Willson

His animation itself is decent.

The writing though, is shit-tier. Every short is a single joke stretched out for 7-8 minutes. Watch the first ten seconds of any of his cartoons and you've seen all there is to see. The rest is just the same gag recycled until you want to die.

>he hated Zootopia but thought Sausage Party was one of the greatest animated films ever made

Confirmed for Reddit-tier edgelord status.

Vivziepop
RebelTaxi

He shut down his review about the Powerpuf Girls...Any user know, why?

>RebelTaxi
Name 1 good thing he has ever animated

His opinion is really, really shitty. Like, one of his big arguments against the reboot PPG is "They removed the boobs"

Like...he has fucking terrible tastes, even when he's right.

But that is the biggest flaw. The shitty writing is just poor quality. Censorship is active ruining.

Animation wise? I don't know. Are any animators that are better at drawing and animating than him?

Far from it

Harry Partridge

Yeah I like him but haven't seen any great animation from him. Haven't read the webcomic either.

>party.mov
Garbage and derivative. Ren and Stimpy rip-off?
No thanks.

he doesn't animate he just has mouth flaps

his comic is....not that good to be honest

youtube.com/watch?v=FhvYkkkx2Yc

I like Brandon Turner. He's consistent and reliable

Let's be real dudes...
Is 2d animation dying?

criticizing the comic is pretty pointless considering how pan already hates himself

I don't mind Felix Colgrave

cheap 2d will always look better than cheap 3d

it has become far less economical, but 2d animation as an artform will always be around, just not nearly as common as before.

Does Zeural still count?

>post some of your favorite animators.
Sure it's better than arguing over silly bullshit
youtu.be/CQL-ixTcqWU
youtu.be/oEmM_zKuTD0
youtu.be/NSnAdcyxCZ4
youtu.be/v0b2s_ot9_0

I always see the same dudes mentioned every time in these threads. Are there ANY good female animators on youtube?

it's easier to be successful when you have boobs

Apparently it's due to a copyright strike

IT WUZ A GOOD SHOW!

Nah that title belongs to me.

Nah just kidding, I havent animated a single thing since college

would be better without the influence of one particular individual

even in the drastically shrunken field of youtube animators, no, far from it
stop shilling yourself and figure out how jokes work and maybe you'll have cats again someday

The stupid edgy cutie marks ruined it.

HEH

True.

>oney

>are there ANY good female animators?

You could ask the same thing without just being youtube and you'd still be left with almost no good answers.

Youtube is a joke.

Vime is where it's at

David Firth

?

Harry Partridge and Zeurel are the only best YT animators, sorry kid.

Slideshows don't count as animation

youtube.com/channel/UC2IN9jPcC7CyTmGCzf1Mo1Q

So what is lazier? Pupper 2d animation with redraw parts or 3d rigs?

His gf?

I'd say 3D rigs with stolen models. But puppet animation just fukkin fills me with hate because of how easy it is...
Pic related my crap

>Vivzipop

I admit she's got some talent but it's squandered on cringey shit like her furry fetishes and letsplayers

Sure, she's allowed to animate what she wants, and possibly the animation she does for letsplayers helps put food on the table.

But still.
Cringe-master right there

nah

>Name 1 good thing he has ever animated
My sides from his stupidity

Are the 3D rigs made from scratch or just stolen assets?

This may or may not determine my answer.

no, he is a scammer like trillions

What I've noticed is that any of the good "youtube" animators had been ones who started on Newgrounds.

Either that or European Art Students

TwistedGrimTv is pretty good

To be fair Viziepop is professionally trained with like a Master's degree in animation.
And her fan animations still lack a lot of professional polish.

I wish it was 2010 again

I know you are memeing and I think her 'animations' are terrible at best, but i still find her videos comfy to watch.

Can you guys even name 10 active 2d animators on youtube these days?

yes i can

I mean, define "active"

There is:

1. Groups of animators who churn out animations on a semi-regular basis (like 2 a month or something)

2. There are those who churn out frequently but poor quality stuff, (like slideshow tier), but have capabilities to make great stuff if they had they time

3. Animators who drop in half a year to bust out amazing animation and disappear for the other half of the year if not more than that

Go for it
Just any 10 animation related youtube pages.

A good animator can keep her storyboarders good.

>The shitty writing is just poor quality.
yes, hence meaning it was shit before the censorship, user

The elsa spiderman animators

They exist, but they're all Japanese and unknown to western audiences

and I will post none of them, that way nobody can say that I'm wrong.

by no means is that edgy hack the best- there's some seriously great talent on youtube. Too bad most of the never upload anymore because they're either too busy with real animation jobs or they just gave up on their youtube channels

youtube.com/watch?v=ZBvbNs7WSII

youtube.com/watch?v=1CWfOcXSaMQ

youtube.com/watch?v=CsKTzqWNe-g

youtube.com/watch?v=ODrKQ8YpXrM

youtube.com/watch?v=IglGHt1h9-o

pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=hoRrZ3WCZD8

youtube.com/watch?v=T7h-3tkYgSA

youtube.com/watch?v=WHH2DFDcpH8

Although I don't really like watching game grumps, if there's one thing I can admit, it's that the whole 'game grumps animated' thing has really given artists some much needed exposure. Props to arin hanson and his team for that

Max, you're terrible and not funny.

Crazy Boris is pretty good; Dungeon Dynamite is pretty entertaining.

You dumb nigger, he only pointed out the removal of the boobs to showcase how to studio was animating the female characters in an unwittingly sexist way (because in 2017 ladies aren't allowed to have big tatas). Do you not have listening comprehension?

The lead animator on Skullgirls is a japanese girl. A large proportion of Kyoani animators are women, which you can probably just do a quick search for on sakugabooru if you wanted.
>inb4 that entire body of animation was shit because that would actually be examples that disproves the generalized claim

I guess I'd give the award for my favorite animator to ToxiCurE, but that's mostly because of how small her channel is and I like picking the lesser known people at times like this.
In all honestly her animation while improving is only 4/10 at best.

He's not an animator, not sure why they listed him, but he makes decent stuff. I'd say he's a solid candidate for /ourguy/

you're telling me

Ha, no.

Aside from his art style being shit the guy is an extreme edgelord.

I started his review of the Emoji Movie and it was almost as cringe-inducing as a lolcow.

I love "mouths moving in loop" animations too user.

If we're talking solely based on his ability then yeah sure

He's very talented regardless of how much this place likes to complain about what he makes

>Vivziepop
Literally "I don't understand correct spacing/rhythm in character animation": The Animator
She also has a shit artstyle so that doesn't help

He's definitely one of the most talented, just take a look at some of the recent gifs he's been posting on Twitter
His actual content on the other hand is really mixed though. He just needs to find himself. It's clear that he doesn't like being "le edgy animator man" and wants to be more genuine, but he has to hide behind a facade of irony and sarcasm because he's scared.
I hope things get better for him, he's not a bad guy

this... holy shit.

>Sup Forums user accusing artist's gf of ruining something
I have seen this before, not a surprise coming from a Sup Forums user

They're green with it

He found an okay looking style that I assume doesn't take too much effort for his Brain Dump videos, I'll give him that.

Daniel is good on her own too so blaming her for anything is stupid.

It's like he can help making everything "super srs and edgy"
Notice how all his best vids are the lighthearted goofy ones, and all the worst are the ones with dark, introspective gritty elements. He clearly wants to be more than a funny man but I don't think he knows how to pull it off.

Fuck off dude, his big argument was they removed all the more mature elements of the show. The violence, the adult jokes, the references to other source material, and yes, they removed the boobs. They took out Ms Bellum cause she was attractive and literally took off the teachers breasts. It's not like he spent half the video on it, he brought it up as part of a bigger argument.

It's a valid complaint cause its indicative of how watered down and toothless the new show is.

I dont even like the guy that much, but I hate faggots who strawman more.

I think RebelTaxis reviews are okay, if a little scatter brained.

His art isnt great. It's trying too hard to be stylized which is making it hard to make out whats on the page, and the dude REALLY needs to study colour theory.

Also he needs to fucking drop that "My sisssssster" joke.

Anyone else on Sup Forums animate?

Listen, Vivziepop puts a lot of frames in her animations and shes clearly very talented, but she's atrocious at pacing, cool down time, rhythm, squash and stretch and so on.

All her work has her characters moving way too fast, not at all in time with the music, and really rigidly. Yeah its smooth but that doesn't make it well done

I know you should separate the work from the creator, but the dudes a total dickhead.