Is there a worse writer in comics right now Sup Forums?

Is there a worse writer in comics right now Sup Forums?

Bendis does write several books a month while she only shits up one...

Eh, Bendis has a worse track record, but she's still new.

The dude writing Alt-Hero will be slightly worse as at least being "woke" that the pretension of virtue, whereas arguing for Nazism doesn't.

Underrated post.

Who is she?

>Who is she?
>she?

Are you sure of that?

Chuck Dixon is gonna write Alt-Hero I think, so even though it will be pretty retarded it will probably be better than Rivera

Bendis fucks shit up all the time, but as bad as he is, his writing is still better than her hot garbage.

Wait they're seriously making an alt-right nazi superhero?

Jesus christ what a time to be alive

Ennis
>lol all heroes r shit except this puniahwe because he was a soldier lmao

Vox Day; is Chuck Austern still alive?

Did you just misgender xir?

Who is xie?

Two if you count Mike Baron's Based Stickman
>not liking pEnnis
neck yourself asshole

I don't think there's one in her weight class at the big 2.

Most of the shit at black mask or blue moon is worse than hers, and that's not even counting the webcomic tier.

>The dude writing Alt-Hero will be slightly worse as at least being "woke" that the pretension of virtue, whereas arguing for Nazism doesn't.
What the fuck does this have to do with the quality of the work?

you mean you missed the pair of alt right nazi animated vaporwave music videos? And no, I'm not meming you.

JUST

I always wonder how she got the job? Why didn't marvel get the best selling novelist to write their heroes?

>What the fuck does this have to do with the quality of the work?

Have you looked at the previews?

His war stories are genuinely good but when he pulls cape heroes into his stories he tends to wank off Punisher quite a bit, not to mention have at least one character be the one who yells at the superheroes and lecture them on how badly they suck. Well save for Superman anyhow.

>Why didn't marvel get the best selling novelist to write their heroes?
This often goes poorly, as we saw with Brad Meltzer and we see with people like Coates. Here's a quote from Stephen fucking King on making the transition to writing for comics
>>“You have to be very humble, and you have to take advice because it’s a new way of seeing, to actually write it is a new way of writing,” King says. “I found out that Scott and Mark Doyle, who is the editor of the book, were kind of shuffling around some of my layouts because they were seeing it more clearly than I was, and I was just trying to be a good student and learn how to do it.”
They need co-writers who actually get the medium, it's more trouble than the cost is worth. China Mievelle killed it though.

>Have you looked at the previews?
No. But I'm claiming that political orientation isn't a predictor of quality of work. Liberality wasn't terrible because it was a political dumpster fire. I would be amazed if the politics in the book are any more rancid than say Cebererus, and that's an industry wide aclaimed classic.

>I always wonder how she got the job?
published something, qualified as queer and latina and marvel editors have no self-awareness nor taste as seen by the last 3 years of Marvel comics

>clearly a dude
>people using "she" and "her" in this thread
I am very confused

Ryan North is still around isn't he?

Well Cerebus took 220 issues to really jam any politics down your throat. To be fair to Alt-Hero they haven't done any jamming yet from the preview, despite the art being abhorrent.

>3 years

You may add a decade or two, don't be shy.

>published something, qualified as queer and latina and marvel editors

If that was the case, I guess I will be a marvel writer.

She is easily the worst in the big 2. I'm sure some indie has shittier but Gabby is in capable of writing people even on the most basic level and she's butchering a language she should know. And she's also bad at Spanish.

>And she's also bad at Spanish
Well yeah, she doesn't even speak it. Your average white dude who paid an ounce of attention in high school spanish can speak it better

Well how bad could she be? Is she at least funny bad like "Our love is real" or "Girls"? Because those are like B-movie bad that you can laugh at and have a good time at how inept everyone was in making it.

>And she's also bad at Spanish.
She reminds me of what a lecturer I had the other week was talking about, a lot of American latinos only know what he called (he was an Argie for reference) "Kitchen spanish, as much as they need to speak to their abuela" and how it's not worth advertising to young hispanics in Spanish. He also then BTFO some faggot who tried to insist that advertising companies had an obligation to advertise in other languages, by breaking down the comprehensive research they've done on the subject.

Her character litterally comes from a lesbian utopia dimension, where lesbians can procreate daughters. It’s like what lesbians wish paradise island was.

Im just going to post this in every Gabby thread

Which makes it even odder for user to go off about the politics.

I want you to take a stand. You think the alt right imprint will be better or worse than the antifa imprint?

I would actually rank Kate Leth below Gabby. Gabby is a terible superfund toxic waste site of a writer, but at least she's got INTERESTING SHIT going on. I mean forced into a gladiator arena against her childhood crush, combined with a teamup with hawk guyette, and her own interdimesional lesbian luchador aunt?

It's why I'd rather see a high energy train wreck than the depressed kid fail to get out of bed. Say Kate Leth, or Cassandra, or Tamaki.

She's got great energy, but absolutely nothing in the book makes any sense or has any narrative flow from issue one.

Also, she manages to throw in multiple obvious self inserts, batshit bizzare politics, and hilarious unintentional massive racisim.

But the biggest thing that keeps me coming to the storytime of pain is that she doesn't improve. She manages to find new an previously unexplored ways to fail.

I mean imagine a political lesbian xavier renegade angel, written by an semi literate lesbian chonga.

Yes she is fucking terrible.

she should go away and die

Dirty Lesbian SJWs

Not funny bad. It's just soulless shit, Rivera got the job through cronyism. No actual artistic intent. There's no heart to it. Just politics, and an attempt to get the """"""Latinx"""" population. Good example of how not to fucking write a comic book.
>I mean forced into a gladiator arena against her childhood crush, combined with a teamup with hawk guyette, and her own interdimesional lesbian luchador aunt?
Waypool was random, too.

That's actually not too bad of a comparison. Waypool was random as fuck for the sake of being random.

I think gabby is throwing random stream of conciousness crap trying to juxtapose her way into a deep political point without actually understanding it. I don't think she's actually trying to create memes like waypool was.

But in the end it becomes a similar kind of garbage.

>I want you to take a stand. You think the alt right imprint will be better or worse than the antifa imprint?
What am I taking a stand on, it's like asking me to tell you if cow shit smells worse than dog shit. I don't know anything about the antifa imprint but knowing that sect of people I'd be willing to bet it will have better art with worse writing.

Antifa imprint is Black Mask. Their big meme comic was Calexit. They actually got a fucking eisner for a extra gay dirty pair rip off. Or was it trans.

Some racist man that thinks he is a woman that hates white people.

Seriously, this is a man right?

Only in her head

THIS IS A PERSON WITH TWO X CHROMESOMES ARE YOU SHITTING ME

S/he is both female and male, so s/he is also the second worse writer too.

>her ancestors were born in the same country as mine.
The only valid reason to be ashamed of being a Latino.

Mike Costa. I have no idea how that dickhead still has a job, everything he shits out is unreadable fucking trash.

Another pic of xur

That wristwatch is cheap, ugly, and does not match the rest of the outfit at all.

Cause she's cheap and they wanted to see if tapping into the latin american market could work.

That ugly as fuck person doesn't match with the outfit.

>I always wonder how she got the job?

Diversity hire.

Better art for sure then. Never actually read any of that it looked cringey, as does Alt-Hero

Gabby is biologicaly female

I'm Latin American, we don't like her, it's actually an insult to have so ignorant about southamerica culture as a representative.
You think the writing is bad?
Try to read it while you understand the Spanish stuff on it is used wrong or just don't me sense.

She has confirmed for not speaking Spanish. She claims her mother never taught it to her because she was afraid Gabby would get bullied or something

I'm not defending it, just explaining why it came to pass

Where the fuck is this gabby is transexual shit coming from all of a sudden.

>I mean imagine a political lesbian xavier renegade angel, written by an semi literate lesbian chonga
there is nothing about this sentence i dont love

She has shitty writing.
Pulls the minority card
She still has shit writing
Pulls the gender card
her writing, it's not only shitty, but also lacks creativity now.
Pulls the bulldyke card
Etc...

At some point she will go transspecies if her writing keeps being that shit, just to save her ass with social gimmicks.

>Tapping into the latin american market
Most of the Latin American's that she's trying to pander don't like especially her "preferences" because most of the Latin American's I know are devout Catholic/Christians. That and the writing is straight up chris-chan level of autistic, walls of texts, and all

see second reply of

What's the matter user? Is the "Papaya Flu" affecting your taste of judgment?

>papaya
>a fruit rich in vitamin C
>a cause of the flu
Nice

But don't a lot of sjw types hate FtMs

Bendis, Tomasi, Jurgens, Johns

Stay cucked, my friend

It actually always goes good. Coates hasn't written anything in his life. Meltzer was just middle of the road, but not bad.

>She never learned Spanish because her mother was afraid she would get bullied.

First off, that's complete bullshit. Second, what's stopping her from learning it now?

>deGrasse Tyson dorms
>Dude, Madrimar is epic.
No, there isn't. She's a mainstream CWC.

>when you realize that's only a minor exaggeration from her real personality

She published a short story book about a Latin lesbian in New York. It got best seller. Marvel hired her looking to tap the ultra-liberal young people market.

I think her being in New York, writing about new york, and putting that on Twitter was a bigger factor than what is recognized.

>deGrasse Tyson dorms
>not Sagan dorms
Yeah sure for real lovers of science. Not for lovers of shitty trivia and pointless gotchas of popular media

Literally anyone at DC

>deGrasse Tyson dorms

Her hot garbage is at least Entertaining. Bendis and his OC’s are boring, which is an even worse crime than being bad.

Whoa Whoa Whoa, IS THAT A HETEROSEXUAL COUPLE IN THE BACKGROUND?! HOW DID THAT SLIP PAST THE EDITOR

Obvious nazi dogwhistling from art team, they should all be fired.

>today is my born day.

Good lord, that really does sound like something CWC would say.
The rest of that post though really shows the overwhelming hypocrisy of the industry. Imagine any other "professional" writing that they want to
>joyfully fuck w the black trans community
And you'd see someone getting publicly shamed and very much out of a job.

I dunno man, laziness? Fact is she's a just a generic new yorker

Are you assuming their genders?

Didn't Gabby get into hot shit for saying faggots in Spanish or something when Rico got fucked by the hurricane?

>shaved armpits
>shaved legs

i'm disgusted marvel is allowing chauvinistic beauty standards to be pushed on to such a powerful feminist icon like america chavez

I can't tell if there's writing above the year 1949, so I'm not exactly sure what part of that year she's celebrating. I'll assume the founding of the People's Republic of China.

Prodigy didn't deserve this

This. Also why is America biologically female? What about MtF women huh? Are you saying only biological female can slay Marvel? TRANSPHOBIC

Nah, she's wearing an Adidas shirt. Company started in 1949.

>another hundred years

she'll be lucky to make it another hundred fucking days without having a stroke.

i cant believe a major american icon like marvel would fall so low!!
it as if coke a cola stat selling a new coke that was different tasting and no one liked it..

t. Never read Ennis before

Casuals out