What does Sup Forums think of Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas?

What does Sup Forums think of Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas?
I don't think I've ever seen it talked about on here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2XfvxpRJ6CI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fine, not as good as Prince of Egypt, Eris sure is hot.

Brad Pitt is a turrible VA

I actually saw it in theatres, and liked it for the time, but in hindsight there are some generic things about it. The characters are pretty lame. I actually enjoy the humor quite a bit, and the trials storyline is pretty fun. The most interesting about it is that it's such a big budget 2D film made just over a decade ago.

I saw it last night
It terribly bland, like a by the numbers clone of a renaissance disney movie
Also Sinbad himself is a painfully unlikable character.
3/10 if 5 is average

The movie just doesn't work. Bitch should've stayed with her fiance no matter how toned Sinbad's ass looked.

Eh, only time it's brought up on Sup Forums it's for one of two (or both) reasons.

Eris is hot as shit.

Eris's scenes are fucking wonderful in animation.

When I watched it as a kiddorino I thought "this could've been cooler. Where's all my mystical islands n' shit?"

Sinbad is top tier guy
>dude gets spat out by sea monster, runs to attack it again
"promote him"
>bitch stows away on his ship
"fine, you can come, you'll be sleeping in the dog kennel though"

did they ever show those two romantically? feels like "oh we're engaged" but never really felt like they're in love.

considering how little time it took for her to fall for sinbad, that might be the case.

Contemptable love interest, even more of a problem with how much screen time she has. In order to make her appear competent Siband basically turns into a goofy retard the moment she becomse a permanent crew member (effectivily making all of Sinbad's good scenes only exist in the first 20 minutes)

None Sinbad's crew mates are interesting or memorable in any way what so ever.

An unegaging, distant villain, with a stupid and badly conceived plan (she steals the mcguffin in the first 20 minutes and than goes out of her way to give the hero a reason to want to get it back when before he didn't even care it existed)

Horrible characters everywhere.

Who the fuck cares if they're in love or not? She went on that fucking trip to save someone who was gonna be her husband, not fuck around with his brother.

This is one of my favorite animated movies.
As an adventure film goes, it's fantastic. I love the settings and the different dangers they stumble across. I like the justification that drives Sinbad to act in this movie; it sets him as a bit of an amoral protagonist that stays like that for most of the movie until the last few scenes; that's kind of rare.
The characters in general were pretty great; gimmicky, sure, but enjoyable nonetheless.
Marina was a pretty cool female lead; an Ambassador who wants to explore the world freely and in the chase for adventures; that's a good motivation in my book.
Sure, the arguments between Sinbad and her get pretty old, but once they get over them they become a pretty cute couple.
And of course, how could I leave this out? Eris is fucking phenomenal. She's a marvelous villain who, despite having a modus operandi that consists on having a scene, sending a threat, another scene and sending another scene, really held a strong presence during the movie. She really played her sensuality and menacing demeanor to its full extent.
Also, the animation accompanying her every movement is a wonder to behold; it really makes up for the shitty CGI.

All in all, this movie is great. Not ground breaking or anything, but it's a magnificent adventure.

My teacher raffled off some tickets for the showing at the local theater and I won one, two classmates tried to steal it from me but I headbutted them, didn't even get to go because we had church at the showtime.

A couple of scenes are so 90s it hurts, and they bring the overall thing down. HAVING SAID THAT, I enjoyed the ride.

Eris' theme song is the best part about the whole movie.
I could listen to it for hours.
youtube.com/watch?v=2XfvxpRJ6CI

I watched it in theaters and enjoyed it like I enjoy most Disney movies, I really loved the chase sequence with the giant ice bird thing. The mermaids were also really good. Overall smooth animation, great choreography and nice audio. But when I rewatched I found the events too repetitive both story and content wise.
Most of the action happens on the sea/the ship and most of the action is about Sinbad & co defeating numerous bosses.

I found the Page Master to have a much more diverse cast of challenges, monsters and an more interesting journey.

Sinbad's journey just happens on the sea and that's it. The only memorable things about the background was the monster disguised as an island and the end of the world/waterfall part where they make their ship fly towards the portal to Tartarus.
I feel like Eris's last challenge should have been much more fun to watch, but they ran out of time and money. So they used Eris just for dialogue fodder and a plot twist for the end. No fighting the celestials, no going through Tartarus figuring their way around.

Treasure Planet was more interesting with the journey.
Sinbad has like 3 main events/bosses that get repetitive when you rewatch them.

I barely remember it other than the fact I liked it as a kid

I found Eris pretty shit, especially her voice and the way she handled things.

I feel like orignally the story was about Sinbad stealing the book and getting caught, and Eris offering him some life and death contract which Sinbad somehow tricks his friend into doing it and then has to escape it himself and his friend's.

Kind of like what Jack Sparrow did to Will Turner. But I guess that would have been too unlikable for a Brad Pitt err the "cool, smug, narcissistic thief" type of character.

One of my favorites, but unironically. Wish they made a second one.
>Eris' theme song is the best part about the whole movie.
Agreed.

I totally loved it as a kid. I dont plan on rewatching it though, I dont need these memories tainted.

Should be a movie about bros having brotastic adventures. The bitch ruin the movie. Fucking murricans and their fear to homoerotic overtones

In the commentary of the film it was mentioned that Eris had some form of omnipotence where she was able to know how things would go. She knew sinbad wouldn't steal the book, she knew that sinbad was going to try and get it back and fail doing so, everything was supposed to go as planed but Sinbad decided to comeback and get exicuted which threw every thing out of wack. Also they were supposed to go up agaist other monsters like Medusa

Yo papaer lanterns is a good one too, I also like the music that playes when she steals the book too

One of the movies that helped me discover my giantess fetish