Do you like sexy makeovers? Or find them horrible...

Do you like sexy makeovers? Or find them horrible? I personally hope Carol Danvers will be back in the black suit someday but I know it will never happen because Marvel isn't going to admit they fucked up.

The 70s Legion makeover is easier for me to take because it's stylish and of its time in addition to being more revealing

I feel like the fact that the men were also made sexy really helps. Having good looking people in a book will help get readers, regardless of sex.

Depends on the character desu, sexy for the sake of sexy is kinda off for me, like tight Latex could be hotter than showing a lot of skin.

Some idiot on Sup Forums made this but I'm pretty sure it was an intentional shitpost.

Not a fan. Comics push stories about characters who probably wouldn't wear such revealing, sexy things. It's awkward to see that such a large number of a rare group of heroic people would have the same skimpy fashion sense.

>Losing the afro puffs
Fuck that bullshit

I very much like sexy makeovers. If it were up to me, the majority of female outfits would be very lewd.

This is retarded. You can't make a path from personality traits to fashion sense.

I know right. Those things are fucking adorable.

Carol's anti-sexy makeover is still the worst. It's like they went out of their way to turn her ugly.

Shit taste.

Post official art if you're so confident she looks better.

She's almost never drawn to look the way you posted. Most of the time they draw her like a man.

There's nothing wrong if it's a good design, but sexy costume revamps usually are always entirely trashy and look inferior to the older design. Remember Sue's boob hole in the 90s?

ew

You're really bad at this.

You can in a lot of cases; douchebags wearing camo pants, snowflakes with neon hair, thots in JUICY leggings. There are certain rare people who'd fight crime and rarer still that would do it in something crafted to be sexy.

>I feel like the fact that the men were also made sexy really helps
Great point.
Another thing for me is that showing skin didn't become sacred for the Legion. They went back to their older costumes, and adopted new full-body designs after them, and I don't hear constant complaints about how this was motivated entirely by prudishness and editors with agendas.

Generalisations are always inaccurate. Just because there is a great number of people you have encountered who have trait x and like fashion y, it doesn't mean shit. People can want to wear whatever the fuck they want, there isn't any more right or more appropriate-to-a-personality fashion style.

No, you can tell a lot about a person's culture about how they dress and craft some statically validated assumptions. Does mean they'll be right, but depending on the assumption, you'll have better luck.

You need to work on subtley

>Doesn't mean they'll be right
And we're done. Have a nice day.

I'm not saying that that's how it is all the time.

Fully covering can be just as hot.

"Street fashion" costumes are shite though.

If it's not like this all the time then you can't say
>you shouldn't put that heroine in that outfit, because someone with her personality wouldn't wear something like that

Maybe the heroine is one of the exceptions you admit exist.

That's fine, but what I'm saying is that it's odd that so many wear sexy outfits. I'm not just talking skin tight.

Muscledyke Carol is patrician. Now they just need to give her a cute femme gf.

Pink Imra is top Imra.

Well, all the exceptions ended up in comic books! Hooray!
It's improbable that so many of them ended up together, but that doesn't mean it needs fixing.

yuck

Doesn't mean they NEED to be anything, I'm just telling you why I think it's awkward and you're strangely defensive.

I think it should suit the character. They often don't. More often than not you get a guy who's made most of his money in art drawing titty monsters for guys on commission before they got a real comic job so they can't draw a chick that isn't a whore even if they're supposed to be 15. Pic related.

I think Carol's new look suits her character but that's a wrong opinion around these parts. They hair gets stupid at times though. Short hair is fine. Mohawk is weird. Short hair doens't make you a lesbian.

And the pic didn't post.

She looks good in it.

Carol constantly thirsting after Jess is what makes her lesbian.

Depending. Some are good and some (especially in the '90) were really terrible.

Mass delusions are real and on Sup Forums.

Could you maybe not push Carol everywhere for once Marvel Shill? No one likes her but the Carol Corps attention whores.

>editors with agendas
Mike Grell did once mention that a certain editor worked his way up high enough to change Cosmic Boy's slutty outfit back, and then quit

It depends. Though more often than not sexy makeovers and unsexy makeovers tend to come from a bad place. Sexy redesigns tend to just be artists thinking with their dicks. A lot of unsexy makeovers seem to just be in pursuit of undoing sexy designs or are in general just ashamed of the flamboyant nature of comic costumes and seek to tone that down.
But in the end both usually neglect making legitimately good designs in pursuit of other agendas.
Or maybe I'm being presumptuous and most comic artists are just shitty designers and legitimately tried and failed and the sexiness or lack there of is coincidental.

Just because it's unusual, it doesn't mean it's awkward.

She's only wore pink because she stole all of the pink from Rokk's costume.

New suit looks better, it's her characterization they fucked.

It is when juxtaposed against certain themes and with other examples of heroes.

That Powergirl redesign honestly wasn't that bad, because they didn't actually change her body shape at all. She still had incredibly large breasts.
It also helped that the creative team on World's Finest kept finding ways to rip the suit up.

Really liked this look the 5 minutes she had it.

If Imra had *premiered* wearing her bathing suit I'd been fine with it.

I don't mind the suit at all. I don't think it fit her character by the time the bathing suit popped up. She is the matron of the Legion, it was as inappropriate as Sue's 4-boob-window.

MILFs are hot in their own way. They dont need to have every square inch of skin exposed.

That's a man baby!

>She is the matron of the Legion, it was as inappropriate as Sue's 4-boob-window.

She wasn't even MARRIED when she started wearing the pink bikini

But it's trash.
It doesn't really matter she has big tits still and they occasionally naked her up, the issue is they took a simple and iconic design and replaced it with that mess because presumably "people can't respect a boob window"