E-Hero show/anime?

could an e hero show work or would it be too much like justice league?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/txq46mx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

more like a weird sentai.

>The E stands for 'Erotic'

As long As Burstinatrix can use that line

It hardly even works as a deck.

I would love a New Warriors/Youngbloods type of show where they are literally followed by cameras and have their own show besides being heroes. Not done in the same way as that shitty Hulk cartoon, though. I just feel that something like that would be pretty funny.

Their gimmick of combining with each other in different configurations would serve to distinguish them.

>not x statix

Only if it’s a Sentai show where they pilot the VWXYZ line.

I just keep imagining that these would be the designs for a reboot of Captain Planet (mostly with Elemental Hero Neos and the Neo-Spacians)

Y'know, I can see a show focusing on the Duel Monsters of Yu-Gi-Oh working out. Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl travelling the world, Bubble man equipping the Steam Healer Armor from a Polymerization Lab, Speed Warrior shifting between Junk Warrior and Nitro Warrior forms, Gagaga Magician and Gagaga Girl piloting Utopia like a Jeager, a School of Sorcerers with a main Duo of Stargazer and Timegazer, the Possibilities are endless!

Endlessly meaningless and unentertaining for kids. No funding for you.

I'd kill for an OVA or some sort of special based on Duel Terminal lore or one of the other card storylines.

How the fuck would their fusion shit work? Like all of them fuse into shit and any kid would be pissed when their favorite fusion doesn't show up on TV cause "muh merchandise" demands they show a new one every week.
Obligatory Looney Tunes > Capeshit

Burstenetrix could strike Avian to become the Flame Wingman, Bubbleman could pump water into Clayman to become Mudballman, there's the fusion Monsters that can be considered new Armors for each Hero (Steam Healer for Bubbleman, Thunder Giant for Thunderman, et cetera)

Me too... I'd love to see what guys like the Gem Knights would make of Lunalights and HEROes

Elemental Heroes are my shit

Damn straight, it is! Who wants to outline an episode of the E-Hero series?

Or at least the Character Dynamics?

I'm sad about this too. BUT I did make it just cause.

They would all be heroes and then the cards would be legit weapons in an arsenal or something

That actually sounds like it would work

but it would sell

This actually makes me happy more people know about GX and the heroes

>where they pilot the VWXYZ line

>This actually makes me happy more people know about GX and the heroes
I'm not sure why you're surprised. GX was that time between YuGiOh's popularity high point and the point where it got "complicated" to follow. That, and they just came out on Duel Links.

Not too many people talk about GX and act like it's just another "stupid yugioh spin off" when they know nothing about it. They talk about Domino City, Yugi and Kaiba dueling and so on. Jaden even Meets Yugi in the movie (I dunno if they count it as cannon tho or if it's just a movie thing)

GX to be frank was pretty butchered up in the english dub. The japanese one was far more watchable. It came around at an age where plenty of DM fans were growing out of it so that may be why it has that polarized reputation.

Last spin off I watched was 5D's. The first season was legit interesting because it told a very different kind of story with its underdog theme. Then halfway through the Dark Signers saga and it filled up with way too much "good guys vs bad guys" shonen cliches for my liking.

Also, fuck Crow.

So how would this work?

Trying to get people to get Restrict now that it's been unbanned, I see.

You jumped ship at a good time; 5Ds after the Dark Signers becomes trash. Not without good reason, but still.

The sixth hero who gets added mid-series uses them, of course.

He's never built a competitive E-hero deck build

I'd rather see something about the God cards desu
or a Marik and Ishizu spin off

it was banned?
is that fucking batman kneeling?

>Dark Magician and Dark Magician Gir
Well, the Black Magicians were real people, one of Atem's priests, and his student. The implication was that after Mahad died she became his replacement and a powerful priest/magician in her own right, although the card lore has yet to reflect that

It was banned since Goat control meta in 2004.

>It was banned since Goat control meta in 2004.
holyyyyy shit thats a long time
i didn't even realize I'd been out the game that long

Well gee, if only there were a show where the cast can fuse together in all sorts of weird shit. Maybe about some kind of horrible half-alien half-tear duct abomination that never asks any questions.

If only we had some way of knowing how a show would handle fusions.

>implying I haven't built and played E. HERO
>implying E. HERO is competitive right now

also Sup Forums another thread and I building a hero discord

discord.gg/txq46mx if you want to help, yes there's a place for Eheroes

even if heroes aren't, I like playing them cause they are fun

>Jaden even Meets Yugi in the movie
Judai meets Yugi in his own show tho... twice.
He meets Adult Yugi in ep 1 and Battle City Yugi in the last arc.

>implying E. HERO is competitive right now
thats not spyrals, master peace, or ABC

Yeah, but how would a good show handle fusions?

I completely forgot about the first ep.

Battle city yugi? I don't remember this

its the finale to the whole show. Neos vs Slifer? Jaden goes back to the past to meet yugi right at the height of battle city, duels him in some kind of time warp, loses, and is sent back to his regular time. Its literally the best duel in the whole franchise.

Maybe he only saw the dub.

Which, ya know, ended with the second to last episode of season 3, implying the hero is dead and his friends will never see him again.

>E Hero
Fuck no. What would work, and work very well, is the DT storyline. The first and third arcs, in particular are fucking amazing, and it's disappointing that the only lore comes from a handful of vanilla monster cards and a guidebook that was never released in English.

leave boco

No, I did see it in Japanese cause I found out they cut that off pretty early for some dumb reason but I don't remember it. I may need to go back and watch it again

I guess Dark Law turbo is kinda competitive.

Yu-Gi-Oh GX last season was never brought to america, because people lose interest in the series and it got really dark, Judai deal with genocide he make in monster world and feels guilty about it among other things, like the astral sex with thehermaphrodite demon.

There also the final arc that make the protagonist face their fear and mistakes in a neverending nightmare, at first start with the normal one like Manjoume fear of staying alone his whole life and then you get Sho fear which is wasting his life taking care of his comatose brother and showing him in the fantasy relief in a scenario were he dies on wheelchair just saying "i'm free"

>the destiny hero arch begins and they introduce neos

Hasn't been for years. Hero is fucking dead. It's also cancerous as Fuck, being the largest, most bloated archetype in the game.

Hero decks and cards need to stay dead.

im gonna have to watch this over again

>I guess Dark Law turbo is kinda competitive.

Toad heroes is usable. Even dank claw can be fun. But "competitive" is different than "functional". Right now, even if you include things below tier one, the list of competitive decks are just:

Dinos
masterpiss
Spyrals
Invoked(any variant)
ABC
Trickstars (MAAAYBE, this is a stretch)
soon to add Dante to the list

and thats about it. Maybe OTK decks.

however if all you want is being "functional", then there are too many to list. Including shit like Heroes, cyber dragons, so on and so forth.

That list is outdated. This is how the meta looks now

>Dante is STILL a part of the Yugioh meta
It's been over 3 fucking years, and you just can't keep that bastard down. He'll probably still be relevant for another decade.

Im obviously talking about TCG tho... why you like this?

Who knows if the new link monster will DO anything. lets sit back and watch.

No, I was to busy talking to girls

It's a fairly powerful boost. It lets you bypass the Malebranches' self-destruct effects, sets off any card effect you want from your deck, can get up to 2200 ATK, protects itself if need be. Really, the only thing that's a weakness is its low base ATK, and the fact that you don't get free searches/plusses from it dying.
Dante may not take over the entire competitive scene, but he's definitely making a comeback, especially when the rest of the best the game can offer up is just Spyrals.

Not talking to girl about your competitive decks.
Her Ghostrick deck was actually better than mine

So Dark Law Turbo? Because no other E Hero deck was ever good, even when they were new.

Any way, is anyone else really digging the new TCG exclusive decks: Goesfast and Resident Spawn?

>He thinks that girls don't play yugioh
When they do, they are some of the most annoying bitches I've ever met. "I'm a girl and I play card games! LOOK AT ME! I can't believe you'd try to talk to me cause I'm a GIRL!"

I'd love OVAs or something about the monsters themselves, but not the HEROs. Most of them look like dumb assholes. Especially Bubbleman. Fuck Bubbleman. Bubbleman fucked my wife.

make it an Office style show

Digimon Tamers my dude

She was pretty cool, we're still friends today, i actually abandoned the game after the introduction of pendulum monster, but she's steel plays and play pokemon tgc from time to time

Pendulums already died basically

What's the new thing?

Links, I don't know much about them. I'm trying to find a crowd to play with. But people on and off in different communities say that Links could be meta and level out the game a bit

It's still around. It's just not the dominate mechanic.

The new gimmick is Links. They put a cap on how many monsters you can special summon from the extra deck. Link monsters let you bypass this limit. So there's still the old traditional yugioh we all know and l ove where you spam from the extra deck. But now everyone else needs Link monsters.

I heard tribute is actually viable again. That should be great for the 12 or so tribute monsters in the entire game worth running...monarchs...uh L&D dragon...think that covers it all.

So I figure here is as good a place as any to talk about it.
>OTS Championship a couple months ago
>Not huge, maybe 30 people
>But top 4 get invites to the WCQ
>Slap together a quick Trickstars deck
>It's about 30 minutes till signups are due
>Oh fuck I haven't written down my decklist!
>Get to the Side Deck section
>I haven't picked any sideboard cards
>Oh fuck
>Panic
>Hastily write "Side Decks are for Casuals"
>Side
>Decks
>are
>for
>Casuals
>Last second, slap some Kaijus in there because Kaijus are always good
>Get lucky, beat most people
>Beat the guy who's been to Nationals before, and who wins nearly every week
>Get second, losing to a guy I beat in Round Robin anyway
>Store owner points out that he has to mail the original decklists of the 4 highest ranked players to Konami
>Someone there has to read and inspect all the lists.
>Some schmuck at Konami is going to read my decklist, as originally handwritten on my signup forms
>Side Decks are for Casuals

But Pendulum Magicians were meta for a while

yeah for the show, you know how the show is, they make it work for 35 seconds and BAM it's over when new ridiculous cards come out. It's like trying to run an electric deck and having 4 pikachu's in it cause Ash has a Pikachu

Pendulum Magician was meta during Link format. They probably still are.

I'd rather watch a show about Gigbyte and his adventure about growing stronger.

AFAIK I hear people hating on Pendulums all the time. (I need to catch up on arc v)

Don't watch Arc-V. Literally one of the worst anime of all time.

No that's Zexal.
Arc v is keeping my attention honestly.

Zexal II was well received in Japan. Arc-V was hated. Really hated. Like, the worst show on NicoNico

I don't have a lot of people to talk about the show. I like interdimensional shows

I liked Arc-V. I used to stay up till 2 am to watch new episodes live as they aired in Japan.
I got a little apathetic near the end of the Synchro arc and still haven't finished the show.

Those first two seasons though were total fucking hype. Probably the most engaging the show has ever been, even if it fell apart later. Arc-V is also the best "era" the game has had, vastly outshining everything before it.

>Ritual summons

Did they finnally make ritual summons relevant?

that was actually 2 years ago with a deck that was almost tier 0, Nekroz

You mean aside from Gishki and Nekroz? Possibly. The TCG exclusive cards are released in English first, and get brought to Japan later on, so there aren't any easy roadmaps for deckbuilding on release. The first wave of Vendread cards didn't show up at major tournaments, but the second wave is only legal for tournament play starting this weekend, and the new stuff is really strong, so it could be big.

They're definitely not as good as Burning Abyss or Kozmo, as those were both tier-1 (or close to it) with only 1 set of support, but at least they can't be as bad as Subterrors or Pre-Helix Spyrals.

What even is the right board to talk about yugioh?

Yeah, but when was the last time we saw Opal?
How often do the gems actually fuse to solve their problems in a manner consistent with being heroes?
If you wanted a better example of a show about fusion, you'd choose that mixels thing that was somewhat around a while back.

Sup Forums for the show, /vg/dng for the game because /tg/ were cunts about it and it became a general on Sup Forums way back before /vg/ happened.

yeah I was starting to get a bit skeptic about the topic. Which is why I was hoping at some point we could get back to the original topic of the Heroes

Speaking of card games where the monsters and their world are more interesting that the people who play their game.
I want a Duel Masters cartoon that focuses solely on the world the creatures inhabit.

I'm in love with Vendread and I've already got all of the new pieces for their deck, but I think they need something stronger than Slayer to end on, so I hope the next set gives them that.

So kaijudo without the shitty humans?
I can dig it.

Dante is something big to end on. The strongest decks tend to be the ones that just don't run out of resources, and Slayer recycling cards makes him pretty strong, insofar as you can let him die without it being a significant blow to your strategy. I'm expecting big things from them, although I haven't been able to get any Chimeras yet.

Have all the cards been made by the same artists since the beginning?

No. Yugioh just doesn't credit their artists like other card games do. Akina Fujiwara has done the art for a few archetypes and cards.

Oh god, no.
Some of the anime cards are done by the staff at NAS, but Konami has a stable of artists and also contract jobs from other people, like pic related.

Genzoman (if you've ever heard of him) has done a handful, including most of the character cards for Kozmo and 2 or 3 of the Noble Knight monsters. Pic not actually related, but there are a lot of different artists involved.

They spit out 90 new cards every 3 months. It takes a lot of people to get it done.

On your knees plebian scum

But I got no knees

Liking traps is gay.

you shut the fuck up

Casuals hate Denko Sekka because she speaks the truth.

I just love Gladiator Beasts