bump

i don't know

ask someone else

I'm gay

me too!

fuck off

fuck [ON]

How are the stories?
How is the deluxe edition compared to other editions?
How are books?

That's what I'm here to find out. I'm considering collecting them.

bump

typical comic books
only get hardcovers for things you REALLY like

I don't think getting a Hardcover for this particular run is worth it at all
Just get the regular softcovers that are already out
Now if you're asking for the Story itself, then I'd say it's above average at best

Deluxe edition is just oversized (see pic for size comparison) and contains the material from the first two tpbs.

The story itself is pretty dull and drawn out. I wouldn't really recommend it. If you're really interested in reading it, just buy the softcovers.

they collect the first two TPBs into one hardcover. They are cheaper to buy than the first two TPBs (on Amazon prices you'll save like a dollar) atm. the TPBs come out faster though.

Amazon can be a bit shit with mailing softcover books though. I've gotten bent and even torn covers occasionally.

I collect floppies because I always have since the early nineties and so it's what I prefer, but if I occasionally get a collection I much prefer the hardcover to the tpb, especially the modern tpbs. The softcovers have become very poor quality.
I want to get Priests Deathstroke but it looks like there isn't going to be a hardcover so I'm going to track down all the floppies. The trades just felt so shitty.

I have both the Action Comics one and the Superman one. The quality is I'd say better than a trade paperback. The binding holds up really well after multiple reads, the paper stock is better than what is used in trade paper backs. It's also larger which means that the art is bigger. If you order from Amazon the deluxe edition also comes in less beat up. If you like a run from rebirth I would heavily advise buying a deluxe edition.

The Flash run is good but not great.
I say that as someone who's not a big fan of the character.

If you haven't done this before, I'd recommend instocktrades.com over Amazon. They use better packaging and have cheaper prices. $50 orders ship free.

Since Flash seems to be very important to The Button and Doomsday Clock how last would I be on Flash mythos if this run was my first and I hadn't read anything revolving around Flash before Rebirth?

just know that Thawne is an asshole and Barry's archnemesis.

might wanna read Flashpoint too since the Button follows up on some of it.

You would be fine with starting with Rebirth (2016). The New 52 run didn't involve anything that would be relevant to The Button or Doomsday Clock. You could also read The Flash Rebirth from 2009 but it is not necessary. Before that Barry was dead since the 80s.

>Tfw Kamala will get a movie before Kenan does

This wounds me a lot

Oh right good point you should definitely read Flashpoint for The Button

Like others have said, you can read Flash Rebirth and Flashpoint by Geoff Johns to get a better idea of the Flash and Reverse Flash relationship. If you haven't already, you should also read the DCU Rebirth one-shot, of course, which also summarizes the other two stories..

The current Flash run does have some direct references to scenes/dialogue from older Flash stories from the 80s-90s, but they're really nothing major.

I wanna get the Superman one that just came out but I'm sure they'll eventually release a complete omnibus for the run like they've just done for Tomasi and Gleasons Batman and Robin run.