Remember how Barry Allen's book was selling like shit and no one liked him so we killed him off in Infite Earths and it...

>remember how Barry Allen's book was selling like shit and no one liked him so we killed him off in Infite Earths and it was well received
>remember how Wally took the mantle and everyone loved him and the book was selling great
>remember all the cool new stuff we came up with for him?
>well what if we bring Barry back randomly kill off Wally and give all of Wally's powers yo Barry?

What were they thinking?

Fuck this petty Barryfag vs Wallyfag shit, post Jay

Bart is best flash

Adding to that, Rebirth has been really bad about making the book an unending stream of "Barry just can't stop fucking up all the time" while Wally, despite finally being back, has done shit all.

>remember how Barry Allen's book was selling like shit and no one liked him so we killed him off in Infite Earths and it was well received
That was like in 1985? No dude, I do not remember that.

For me Bart was better in this order:
Impulse>Kid Flash>Flash

No, he was easily worst Flash. Holy shit what an abomination that series was.

More like Impulse >>>>>shit>>>>>>>Kid Flash>Flash

Wasn't Wally's book selling like trash around the time they brought Barry back?

yeap

How are people enjoying Flash Rebirth?

Because Johns left and DC didn't bring over anyone good to write it. Their last attempt was bringing Waid back AGAIN, but it's pretty obvious he was out of ideas at this point.

I'm not. I miss reading Flash.

Waid even said DC sabotaged his run and didn't deliver when he agreed to take on the book. The artist (Acuna) left in the middle of the first story and apparently the editor begged him to stay or she'd lose her job.

Well, I found this on reddit:

This is a much more complicated question then I'm guessing you expected. The given reasons were "Barry's the iconic Flash" and some other malarkey, but that was never a problem when Wally was one of their better sellers for decades.
The actual reason is it was a cash grab because GL Rebirth sold well and Wally's comic was selling poorly (mid 30k) after they relaunched the title twice -- which they themselves knowingly sabotaged (another story for another time). So they went through with Flash Rebirth, which Johns had been pitching since GL Rebirth. The thing is, atleast by all accounts from Geoff Johns, Wally wasn't supposed to be put on the backburner with Flash Rebirth -- he was to get the Kyle Rayner treatment where he was still around and marginally important but the returning hero was the center of all the stories.
But that only works if DC was willing to shell out to have multiple Flash titles after Rebirth the same way they did Green Lantern. When Flash Rebirth's sales were very disappointing(I believe they overestimated how much the general comic buying audience cared about Barry Allen at the time, whereas collectors/speculators had just been burned a year ago by the Bart relaunch) they decided to cut any plans for secondary Flash books -- most notably a Speed Force book that would've featured Wally as the core character. The illogical one was they were playing favorites and Wally wasn't as favored as Barry.

cont.

cont.

There was never an explicit reason given for why they decided to cancel a book they had already paid the writer and artist for the first couple of issues. All they said was "If you want to read The Flash then you get to read about Barry. There are no plans for Wally West in the future." This was after a couple of years of promising us the exact opposite. The only logical explanation I can imagine for why they would do that was financial reasons (they didn't think Speed Force would sell enough so they cut their losses).
So after Rebirth we get this situation where DC is only publishing Barry, are pushing Barry super hard (giving him all sorts of crossovers and spotlight moments)and have very explicitly removed Wally and his entire supporting cast from all comics media (aside from Bart who acted as Barry's sidekick for a bit). The idea, I imagine, was to build Barry's fanbase over time and then maybe, someday bring back Wally once people had accepted that he was the #2 to Barry's #1 instead of the other way around (which is all they heard at every convention, fans asking where Wally was).
Then the New 52 happened and they decided to just cut everything out except for Barry in an attempt at a new start. They decided Barry was the only part of the entire Flash legacy worthy to keep intact

>The idea, I imagine, was to build Barry's fanbase over time and then maybe, someday bring back Wally once people had accepted that he was the #2 to Barry's #1 instead of the other way around (which is all they heard at every convention, fans asking where Wally was).
>Then the New 52 happened and they decided to just cut everything out except for Barry in an attempt at a new start.

This part is wrong. They had already decided on Nu52 when the Johns/Manapul book came out.

Was there any real reason for pushing Barry other than to please comic fans and creators that are over 40?

They may have had a vague idea that a reboot was about to be pushed because Levitz had just retired and Nelson was pushing for it as she came in, but Nu52 was last minute and rushed as fuck. Flashpoint was originally planned to be just a Flash storyarc, not a crossover and not the lynchpin of the continuity reset.

I grew up with Wally and love the guy, but thought Barry coming back considering his historical importance and being part of the original JLA generation of the DCU would be awesome to see. Like, they’ll make him his own guy in personality, right? I could even accept him being THE Flash, THE fastest man alive, due to kickstarting the modern Flash as a concept via the Silver Age, as long as they gave Wally his due and acknowledged all he did.

So to learn they were gonna have a Speed Force book to do exactly that then screwed Wally out.... ugh, dude.

who is faster, barry or wally?

Honestly, it depends on the writer and decade. Wally became faster over time, faster than Barry, but then Barry came back and it's the opposite now.

Barry.

Because he always has to be one step ahead of all the other Flash characters now since he's the "main" one.

Didn't Van Sciver push for Flash Rebirth and the (real) return of Barry Allen? I never got the impression Johns preferred Barry from his Wally run.

>remember how Wally took the mantle and everyone loved him and the book was selling great
>remember all the cool new stuff we came up with for him?
Eh.

Barry hasn't had yet any crazy speed feat on the level of what Wally has achieved in his run.

But user, the writer SAID he was faster!!

Had mild enjoyment with The Rogues and Thawne, but I'm getting annoyed with the book and Barry having Parker Luck tier shit happen to him. This is a rare instance where status quo return would be a good thing and moving on from that. Also Iris is a cunt that needs to go away.

Yes him and Didio. Johns only signed onboard to write Wally again which DC nuked.

>Wallyfags are still asshurt

Cry more, faglords. How does it feel kmowing that Black Wally is currently a more interesting and developed character than White Wally?

I will never give a shit about Barry Allen. He just isn't the Flash to me, he was dead for decades. Jay is more relevant than him.

>being an unironic company bitch

Explain how I'm being a company bitch. I'm simply enjoying that tears of some of cape comics' whiniest characterfags

Because you eat up whatever garbage character DC throws at you.

>he thinks because I'm not a crybaby Wally cocksucker that I must love Barry Allen

Oh, so you're just a pedantic asshole who thinks himself superior to everyone else while still reading fucking capeshit.

You're just proving my point about Wallyfag being triggered babies. I called out Wallyfags and you've already made two completely incorrect assumptions about me because you're so butthurt.

Characterfags are a mistake.

this, I'm yet to see Barry beat instant teleportation for example

shhh! you'll upset the spergs

I like it well enough.

No I don't remember that on on account of no being born yet. I just kind of take you guys word for it.

I would read Barry stories if they were well written. So far, nothing from New 52 up till now has been remotely as good as Waid's and Geoff's runs. Manapul was fun and had nice art and that's it. The Flash hasn't been really good since 2005.

I miss crazy speed feats, The Flash has been so boring since Geoff Johns left the title in 2005.