What would he think of the current state of Disney animation? Would he like CGI?

What would he think of the current state of Disney animation? Would he like CGI?

He'd be pissed that male and female animators are allowed in the same building and all of the resulting bullshit from it.

What would he think of Bendy & the Ink Machine and Cuphead? Would he be good at vidya at all?

He will die from anger after seeing how Disney mostly focus on girly sitcoms like Liv & Maddie.

And he will explode the company if he ever sees “Descendants”

Either don't care or hate.

>Would he like CGI?
He'd probably be thrilled by it. But he'd probably think it's not being used to its full potential and insist on pushing the technology and visuals to its limits beyond just realistic hair and water.

>"Is it making money?"
>"Yes, sir."
>"Good. Keep doing it."

>Disney would've hated CGI
This is a meme by smug little ducklings who project their own tastes onto Walt.

I think Disney's biggest issue would be with how "Disney Princesses" turned into its own brand catered to merchandising for little girls instead of just a singular aspect within his company's wider fantasy films. I think he would've liked all the money, but at the same time I also don't think he'd appreciate so many of his films getting pigeonholed like that.

this, the dude had a raging boner for anything technological, making cartoons with computers would be directly up his alley

I don't think he'd be mad about anything, except for Disneyland being really expensive.

I wonder if he'd have approved of the studio abandoning traditional animation all together?

I'd like to think not and that he'd have pushed to mix traditional animation with CGI, but that could be wishful thinking.

But after all that work developing it, he'd have to have some attachment right?

Didn't he wish to make more mature and serious animate films just before his death?

I wonder what he'd make of the current output?

Who cares? The company has always sucked.

I think he would still like it. Even though its 3D it still follows the principles of animation.

It was great at the beginning, but after Walt's death they learned to leech talents and ruin the industry in his name.

This. They suck talent dry, take the credit, and leave them to die, which is saying something considering this is Hollywood.

He literally would not care. His goal from day one was to make money. Guess what? Disney makes money, a LOT of it. ESPN is online now which means they skip all the cable TV wheeling and dealing, keeping all that extra money for themselves. And now that Net Neutrality is dead, Disney could probably just build their own god damn internet service provider. They have enough money and brand recognition.

It's a phenomenal success, to put it bluntly. Nothing less.

Walt wasn't Jewish.

He would burn the whole of Disney down. He would HATE what they have done to his company. It haseebcome everything he despised.

Quite the opposite. He was the biggest anti-Semite in the industry.

>His goal from day one was to make money.
Maybe Roy, but not Walt. They were barely breaking even, if that, during the golden and wartime eras of Disney animation. Animation was a horrible way to try to make money back then. Walt just wanted to tell stories.

I think he would dislike the movies, how they tell their stories, and hate the way the pipeline is done for the current Disney studios. I'm sure he'd know something is lost in the acting when several animators work on one character instead of a lead animator handling every scene with their assigned character as closely as they did back then. He'd have a huge boner for CGI but he'd want to complete redo how the process is done. I'd like to think he'd keep making 2D movies occasionally but I really have no idea.

Bendy is a piece of crap compared to Cuphead. The only effort put into that game was the art style. It plays like babby's first puzzle horror.

are you fucking stupid? Female animators worked for Disney since Bambi

Making coffee for the real animators doesn't make you an animator, sweetheart.

He'd like that kids and their parents like the CGI because that's what he was about.

He would hate it but not for any idiotic reason like "muh traditional art, me hate cg" He would loathe how unionized the industry has become he probably would have busted a blood vain at Mulan.
A fucking commie as the star of his movie? He would have killed people.

I think ol' Walt would have pushed to keep it in some form like as small shorts before a movie but he would've seen the writing on the wall and begrudgingly agreed with the end of full length tradition 2d animation features.

You are some delusional motherfuckers. Dont worry im sure "Uncle" Walt would totally care about art, despite not even being able to draw simple Mickey heads. Yep, that business man would have totally sacrificed profit for pretentious ideology.

This is fucking wrong, jesus christ stop using fucking family guy as a reference.

he'd also probably loathe all their deals with China, especially when they don't respect US copyright laws at all

Dude did. He almost went bankrupt making Snow White and the rest of the Disney films made during wartime. He was extremely ambitious and protective about his films quality, even preventing the voice actor of Snow White from doing anything else after that film because he didn't want the magic lost of that characters voice being anywhere else, or so he perceived.

Not only that but the other projects he worked on. Disneyland and stuff. He was a ruthlessly determined man for his vision and pushed his budget and resources to the limit.

>libshit propaganda

Posed pictures don't count, sweetie. Find some real proof.

The guy hired the literal mafia when the animators tried to form a union. He also ratted on people to mccarthy.

He was a mother fucker through and through.

just look up the person that animated the dogs chasing bambi and shut the fuck up

He would want Mickey to become public domain after so long following his death.

Walt was a fucking futurist for godsake, he would've been embracing cgi and 2d animation on the same plane

>you have to know how to draw to have artistic vision
hmm

that user is just baiting. Likely just OP wanting (You)s to keep the thread going. Report and ignore.

"They ruined everything"

"Cgi should be for 2d style cartoons not educational ugly Canadian math art"

"Cal arts is ugly like everything post mid 90s"

>Walt never made his city
Sometimes I wonder what that could have been like. His futurism philosophy is so damn comfy compared to the endless pessimism of modern society regarding the future. Granted I think it would have developed into a psudeofuedalistic society but at this point I think believing a collective of humans needs to be managed and directed to achieve happiness isn't an invalid philosophy.

Disney did end up making their own subdivision in suburban Orlando. It's not much different than any other "premium" subdivision.The only really interesting thing Disney could have done was help fund a private monorail replacement for LA's streetcars (which was proposed in the mid 60s), which never happened.

Walt's futurist plans would have been extremely dated as early as 1980. EPCOT (the concepted city) would have been almost entirely made up of Disney employees and their families, it'd essentially be subsidized housing which wouldn't have worked due to the people wanting their own homes (especially in suburban Florida where land is cheap). Occupancy rates would have been low, and the industrial park would have been the source of constant problems (chief of them clean waste disposal) assuming they could even find tenants wanting to deal with Disney's high corporate standards in the first place. It would have been mostly empty, including the peoplemover he planned for it.

A better idea would have been sectioning it off as three separate complexes: a mall, a Disney industrial facility (say if Disney had moved into other industries eg robotics supply), and a housing subdivision (much like Celebration is in real life) all connected through the monorail. People would have still owned their own homes, the industrial lot would have a tenant and the mall would be open to the public. It would have been similar to how cities were built with streetcars in the early twentieth century.

Things can't go into public domain if the creator never dies

The real question is, what would he think of Nina Needs To Go?

But can one really be considered 'alive' if they're cryogenically frozen?

He actually did and would have. Source: anyone in this thread who's read fucking anything about Walt Disney.

EPCOT was mostly just a bs idea Disney put out to try to avoid having to pay taxes and have other companies help finance part of the construction and upkeep of a vacation resort through sponsorship and product testing (which they successfully have achieved part of in Orlando and also Anaheim). they technically created it with Celebration, FL and some of the housing they used to and currently have on property in WDW.

I unironically think Princess and the Frog is one of the better Disney 2d movies.

Fight me.

CGI makes money and that's literally all he cared about so yes he would like it. Why would you make this thread speculating about the opinions of a long dead asshole who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire?

I can't wait for the Supreme Court case of the first frozen/thawed man

I saw the thumbnail out of the corner of my eye and I thought this was a picture of reviewbrah.

they never would have got the funding for EPCOT. The Epcot park almost bankrupted Disney anyway

There sure are a lot of fuckers who don't know a thing about Walt Disney in this thread.

Probably be pissed at all the Jews running his company.

You do know that Walt made alot of his films during WW2 right?

You do know that women participated immensely in the workforce because men were off at war right?

He liked innovation. He would have liked CGI so long as it was well animated. He would have loved Tangled.

>Animation department
Tone down the quips and up the wholesomeness a tiny bit but otherwise well done
>Disney Parks
Enjoys a lot of the new changes but he'd probably be pissed about World being Walt Disney World instead of just Disney World and what they did to Epcot
>Video Games
Neat I guess
>TV Shows
Pull the plug, right godamn now

>starwars
"we paid THAT much for WHAT?!"

>TV Shows -- Pull the plug, right godamn now

Good point. Any show with a sassy teen who says whatEVER dismissively to an adult (basically anything on the Disney Channel) would be shitcanned immediately and all existing copies secure-deleted from history.

Also Walt wouldn't just buy other properties and keep doing the same ole same ole with them (although he was obviously not above remaking existing stories). Honestly, I think he was kind of bored with animation, live action, and theme parks, and was moving on into serious civil and social engineering before the cancer sticks got him. I will never forgive him for being so selfish as to deprive us of seeing What's Next.

People think Walt was some sort of religious douchebag producing bland milquetoast content, but he was always pushing boundaries (even if some of them seem quaint or even misguided now).

But he was more Elon Musk than John Lasseter.

He'd want to be put back in his cryogenic chamber after he sees the Disney channel.

He'd like it, but I think he'd be losing his shit in anger over what happened to EPCOT

A whole new issue for the left and right to fight over!

>its run by Jews.
>focused more in shows for teenage girls, with not a single cartoon character on it.
>the current state of marvel comics after its acquisition.
I think he would love the 3D movies, and the new shorts of Mickey, and tangled series probably give him some hope, but, the atrocities that Disney had made recently are just too much for a golden hearted person like him.

that old man raped me, help /co, help meeeee!!!!!!!

Why do Sup Forums and SJWs both think Disney was some woman & jew hating Nazi? I actually read 2 biographies of the guy and his attitudes were typical of the era for American men. He'd be considered insensitive in some respects today but didn't have any real dislike for minorities. He was opposed to segregation and was a Republican (which at the times was often seen as anti-southern/segregation). In the 40s he was a major backer of Republican Presidential Candidate Thomas Dewey who was notoriously anti-segregationist to the point where Dixicrats called him a threat to their existence?

As for Jews. the proof of his "anti-semitism", despite being a virulent anti-nazi who had tons of Jewish employees/colleagues and donated to Zionist groups after WW2 is that he spoke to a jewish friend of his in a yiddish accent when they were joking around

He likely wouldn't care. He'd be pissed they ddin't open more parks exposing more people to technologies and helping people get interested in education and helping further man kinds accessibility and quality of life through self improvement.

The real question is how many women would claim he raped them?