Was this movie made only to pissed off people?

Was this movie made only to pissed off people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4soeXHbSfGs
youtube.com/watch?v=oskieJ4IclU
youtu.be/qAokMqaXNaw
kametsu.com/topic/49559-req-turtles-forever-2009/#comment-440104
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_Forever#Edited_scenes
forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=29207
youtube.com/watch?v=w15Y6-QA0RM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, if it was, it failed, because I enjoyed it tremendously.

I found it enjoyable

I liked it.

I don't even really enjoy this franchise outside of the classic live action one, but this looks fuckin rad.

But user! They made fun of the 80s turtles! The greatest show ever made! It is literally flawless and perfect!!! Just like Transformers G1 and GI Joe!!!!! How dare they make fun of Kino!!!!!!!!!!

>tfw Marvel Transformers was pretty mediocre (US and UK) but it was still better than the cartoon.

This is a complicated feeling.

>Transformers was better show than comics
>GIJoe was better comic than show

makes you think

I disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Nah bro. 84 characterizations are on point honestly. The 84 show was VERY childish compared to 2K3. TF is still awesome as fuck though.

There was exactly ONE joke about the 87 turtles that went too far--the part where they cry and huddle around 2K3 Raph.

Everything else was just how the show went.

youtube.com/watch?v=4soeXHbSfGs

This review was better: youtube.com/watch?v=oskieJ4IclU

The Japanese cartoon continuity in its batshit insanity is the best part of the Transformers franchise.

And even then it was somewhat justified considering that they had just had an honest to god near death experience.

>But user! They made fun of the 80s turtles!
so did tmnt 2015 but it was still great

I like the concept of a tmnt multiverse.

Is that the Mirage tmnt or Image tmnt in the bottom right corner?

Clockwise from top left: Metal Mutant Turtles (anime OVA), Imagi TMNT CG movie, Mark Martin TMNT guest issue from Mirage TMNT Vol. 1, Dreamwave TMNT comic.

Mirage. Cover of Volume 1 issue 016.

The only thing I disliked was the lack of the 80s' show's soundtrack

I want to see a multiverse tmnt sequel to tmnt forever.

youtu.be/qAokMqaXNaw

Well, the nostalgia critic liked it, and I really would've loved to see him and Phelous argue about it

fuck his voice

Its great. Easily the best Turtles movie and I say this as probably the only person itt that actually watched the original show when it was brand new.

Being in your mid 30s sucks.

I know you are being sarcastic but are there actually people that feel that way about Joe? Not the franchaise but that one show specifically

At this point I remember more about the paraodies and voice overs than the actual cartoon despite watching it. Never see anyone show that mucb nostalgia over it these days

>probably the only person itt that actually watched the original show when it was brand new
On my thirties too and watched it as a kid, got the toys, played the video games...

It treated Hun like shit, so it's okay with me. God, I hate that boring villain.

Seeing the Mirage Turtles shit on the 2003 Turtles was worth it

Nigga, this movie was great

What do you guys think of all the complaints the the 80s turtles get the shaft compared to the 03 turtles?

The 80s Turtles won in the long run. They got 3 cameos in the 2012 cartoon, a pair of new movies based on their show, and a shit ton of nostalgia merchandise.

The 2003 TMNT are the black sheep of the franchise and Viacom has been sweeping them under the rug. So they can shit all over the 80s TMNT all they want in that 2009 TV movie. We'll never be seeing them again.

But fagco,

A) Shut up

B) That made sense for how the 80's turtles would react to the situation presented to them.

I like to imagine the 80s Turtles who met 2k3 and the ones who met 2012 are different

2012 has the real voices, for one, but their crossovers pale next to Turtles Forever

>The 2003 TMNT are the black sheep of the franchise and Viacom has been sweeping them under the rug

That’s sad to hear

I mean, if you really wanna get turbonerdy about it, there HAVE to be multiple branching timelines of the old 80s cartoon, if only because they legit contradicted/repeated the same stories around and during the Vacation side-season. Not to mention all the constant retcons, like Krang going from a bodiless brain to his whole race being disembodied brains.

I really liked the implication that Tiger Claw lost his eye fighting the 80s Turtles off-screen.

greatest moment in TMNT other than the first movie.
it really does
basically it's an issue of union vs nonunion. 4kids was a fucking plague, but the show ended up good anyway despite its influence, and we could have done a lot worse (have you seen the WB series prototype going around?)
what's really sad is I miss laird's ninjaturtles.com. it was amazing, it had all kinds of old sketches of toy prototypes and all kinds of stuff
My headcanon is that Turtles Forever isn't the 88 TMNT universe, but rather the old action figure commercial universe. That's why it was even sillier, had none of the right voices, and everything existed in a perpetual loop "oh we save April all the time. here come the foot soldiers again" and everything seemed to be from the first 5-part episode. Remember those old commercials? They were great.

Only 87fags got pissed off at it.

>Only 87fags got pissed off at it.
I think that's mostly Phelous. If I remember correctly both Doug Walker and James Rolfe liked it.

Transdimensional Turtles at least got the 80's Turtles' personalities right. In Turtles Forever, they were basically Mikey clones.

I think the best part is the meta-elements
the fact that the mirage universe is the prime one, and if destroyed, the rest disappear.. the concept of ch'rell being freed as part of a bumbling, moronic act from 87 shredder and krang (exactly something they would do, and I believe did several times) and the legitimately dangerous villain being given acess to the overly-powerful cartoony parts of their setting, such as instantaneous hybridizing mutagen and mass-produced alien robots. It makes you look back on the old show like... how were we not terrified of a giant tank-tread death star? It was all tone. That tone was kept fuckin LIGHT.

I wish I could stomach the new show. It has so much in it that, on paper, I want. But it's so fucking stupid and SO fucking ugly. I gave up when every mutant of the week started looking like a Rabbids character. Whatever else 4kids did, their designs were good.
It reminds me of x-men evolution. No matter how dumb it got from time to time, it was nice to look at and it covered stuff from the comics nobody else tried.

And gave both modern and old Turtles equal measures of respect. TF was pretty much them saying 2003 Turtles were superior to all others.

What's better? Transdimensional turtles or Turtles forever?

Recommend me one?

Did you watch the moment when Mirage turtles beat the fuck out of everyone else?
If anything, TF said that Mirage Turtles were superior.

that's because they were
2003 was like "yes, finally I get to do the show I should have done back then, but weren't allowed to"
it's literally the better version of turtles.
also this. ultimately the original product is the best, and the closest to the creators' vision. thus a show being led by laird is going to be like that
whereas eastman is the one involved in the new show and he fully admits he kinda sucks

Modern turtles doesn't even deserve as much respect as '87 let alone more. It's garbage. "Raphael scared of cockroaches" garbage. "Michelangelo not knowing what pizza is despite speaking fluent English" garbage. "a cat mutated with ice cream" garbage

Pissed me off because they NEVER fucking released the uncut version in north america
and now it's disappeared off the web

Essentially, I can't even get the full turtles experience because of where I live. That's bullshit.

>mirage shredder getting rekt in 5 seconds

easily the best part of the movie

The Transformers comics were leagues better than the show. There's no argument to be made to the contrary.

>and now it's disappeared off the web
Kametsu has you covered if you still want that version.

The first crossover, yeah, but did you see the 2nd one from the last season? They went with "lol old turtles don't know how to fight seriously without cartoony physics and try to do stupid stuff that doesn't work over and over!" (which is really weird coming from the current series...)

Besides, in Turtle Forever every 87 turtle got a moment to shine by themselves, doing something the 2003 ones couldn't... aside from 87 Leonardo, who does end up shafted.

kametsu.com/topic/49559-req-turtles-forever-2009/#comment-440104

This? If that works I thank you

it's not just filler, the uncut version genuinely makes more sense, especially with karai and shredder

This isn't even the first bit of bullshit like this with turtles.

Apparently the german release for TMNT (1990) got a director's commentary and two deleted scenes.

The american release? Fucking nothing. Not even on the bluray.

What the actual fuck.

Yes, that version is uncut in terms of actual footage. It is however missing the closing credits.

There is another version on the same site that has the credits (it's under the general TMNT 2003 MEGA link), but in that one all on-screen text is in... Russian. Yeah, I don't know either. (It does have much higher visual quality though.)

Actually I took another look, and the credits aren't just the regular scrolling ones, they're a bit creative and with cool music. So I would suggest getting both versions.

What's exactly different about the cut?

As for the movie pissing people off, can't recall anyone getting too mad beyond not liking how the 87 Turtles acted far more goofier than they ever were in their actual cartoon.

>What's exactly different about the cut?

A few extra scenes. The only really important one is Karai explaining how she found Ch'rell.

It's not just "a few", man. It's like an entirely different movie! The original is so much better.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_Forever#Edited_scenes

Oh my. That sucks.

That's actually not even the full list, the source linked to from there is this forum thread which lists even more cuts (see the later posts):
forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=29207

Bizarrely, so many of these are outright action scenes - would've thought the American cut would have had more action focus, not less.

I don't get why they released the tv cut on DVD.

It was probably trying to make it fit better for tv airings, and probably chose those scenes in the most arbitrary attempt at removing "pointless" scenes despite at least 70% of those being pretty critical to the plot.

But 2K12 and all current TMNT media are constantly dick-sucking the 80s show.

Just like how all Transformers-related media is nonstop G1 dick-sucking despite Beast Wars being the superior show and toyline in every single way possible.

>despite Beast Wars being the superior show and toyline in every single way possible.
Nice opinion. While BW was fun, it wasn't perfect. Even then, the anime shows didn't seem to be doing much in the way of suckling G1. Meanwhile, Prime and RiD2k15 were more in line with the Bayformers (but less retarded)

I enjoyed it. I was a little kid and watched the 80s show when it aired. and i enjoyed the new cartoon and I like the Mirage funny books. If you hate this movie you are probably a queer

Beast Wars was only superior in the Japanese dub that turned it into a comedy.

can't tell if bait or shit taste.

Crisis on Infinite Shells was a good send off to the 2003 series I thought

This guy sound like Emo Philips.

Also,
>NO, THEY MADE FUN OF MUH PRECIOUS BABY CARTOON

>My headcanon is that Turtles Forever isn't the 88 TMNT universe, but rather the old action figure commercial universe.

that makes more sense

Can't unhear it

youtube.com/watch?v=w15Y6-QA0RM

Nah, I'm pretty sure non-pissed off people were part of the target audience.

Just finished rewatching. Still great. SUCK IT 87 FAGS

I still don't get how someone could hate 2k3..? I mean, I grew up with 87 turtles, but it's unwatchable garbage. Turtles Forever was great.

I like both the 87 show (even if I accept how stupid and childish it is, in fact that's the part of the charm) and this movie. This thread is actually the first time I heard that someone is offended by it.

>I still don't get how someone could hate 2k3..?

Later seasons were utter shit
they jumped too high over the shark

early seasons were great as adaptation of Mirage comics but then it went shit

>tfw based Utrom Shredder cucks 80s shredder into oblivion the entire film