Is it better to read the Marv Wolfman or Geoff Johns version of Teen Titans, or is there a better writer of the series?

Is it better to read the Marv Wolfman or Geoff Johns version of Teen Titans, or is there a better writer of the series?

No.

Only the 90s sucked.

Marv Wolfman. Jones is garbage tier in comparison.

Wolfman became dogshit later. He killed the franchise in the 90s.

Yeah, but you have a solid run of good comics in the 80's by him. Plus most 90's big two books were trash anyway, and all the really memorable stories of any significance were written by him.

There is no good Teen Titans run. Read Young Justice.

This

Better to read LoSH.

What painfully stupid responses.

Wolfman's NTT run is stellar. Yes it fizzles out in the 90's but the initial 50 issues or so are great comics. Even better than the Claremont style that he was aping at times.

Wolfman definitely.

read Superboy and the Ravers

New Teen Titans is miles better than Claremont. Claremont recycles the same lines and phrases in his early X-Men it's ridiculous. Usually it's something like:

>So help me, if you hurt [insert name here] I'll kill you!

Stick with Wolfman and PEREZ. When Perez leaves? Follow him out the door. Don't be put off by the Terry stuff, it's there but its not as big a deal as Sup Forums makes it out to be.

Johns did a lot of call backs to Wolfman but was decent.

Any good stories of Dick during his later years as Robin?

>D.C.
>Good
Lmao

>Johns did a lot of call backs
Is Johns capable of doing anything else?

He can't even really do that considering he shit all over Young Justice in the process of doing callbacks to Wolfman

Wolfman/Perez is good but is right, when Perez is gone, you might as well stop there. It gradually gets more and more mediocre until hitting downright bad by the very late 80s and 90s.

Johns' run is fine if you've never read 90s Robin, Impulse, 90s Superboy, or Young Justice. Because it basically changes all of those characters.

They are the two best runs on teen titans. Wolfman is a lot better but Johns has it's moment especially if you followed the characters in his book since young justice.

Read NTT as long as Perez is on board. Then Young Justice, then Johns' TT.

>Johns has it's moment especially if you followed the characters in his book since young justice.
Moments of shit maybe, he ruined literally every YJ character he touched.

Teen Titans hasn't been good since George Perez left after the Terror of Trigon and even then I don't think it's particularly great. Doesn't hold a candle to the Legion and the X-Men stories of the time were light years ahead.

I mean think about it, for a series that's considered one of the greats it has one, maybe two truly classic stories (Judas Contract and Terror of Trigon). Wolfman's probably one of the most overrated "great" writers I can think of.

You're insane. New Teen Titans is nowhere near close to Claremont's stuff. The series starts a long slide into utter shit once Perez leaves too and considering he was co-plotting for pretty much the entirety of his run I have to wonder how much of NTT's success you can attribute to him over Wolfman.

>Johns has it's moment especially if you followed the characters in his book since young justice
Some of the biggest haters of the Johns run at the time were Young Justice fans because he basically did a lot to make the characters more dour and angry and took away any sense of fun from them. Johns' run is, on its best days, mediocre. The Teen Titans is one of those concepts/teams, like the Justice League, that hasn't had a truly good run in so long that I seriously think the concept needs to be put to bed for a while until someone comes along with a great pitch for it that gives it a reason to exist beyond "we need a teen team".

And Judas Contract is highly overrated.

Yeah
Johns' TT is painfully mediocre compared to JSA, Aquaman, and GL. It's on par with new 52 JL.

Judas Contract is alright on its own but I think it loses a lot in the context of its time (and, like the Phoenix Saga, without the long build up to it); it's one of those stories where the twist is the entire thing and while I can see "Kitty Pryde pastiche is a manipulative and evil turbo-slut" being a shocking thing at the time knowing that twist loses the entire punch. The Phoenix stuff still holds up however even while knowing the twists.

>The series starts a long slide into utter shit once Perez leaves too

When people say it's better than Claremont they're solely talking about up through Judas Contract

>Aquaman
Never understood the hype around this. It's ok at best, and absolutely forgettable all the way through.

This.