Are there any Transformers as consistently well designed, throughout their many incarnations...

Are there any Transformers as consistently well designed, throughout their many incarnations, as Soundwave and Shockwave?

Also Transformers thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/37036-preview-first-strike-6.html
youtube.com/watch?v=k5aj7akdNkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shockwave is probably number 1 in regards to consistency, with Soundwave being number 2....
Starscream perhaps number 3

For the most part they're all recognizable to some extent, though things got a bit freaky in Prime and Bayverse (in which case, Soundwave is close to being any other bot but you could argue some attention was paid to pay tribute to his head shape/crest thing, and in 3 he had Laserbeak, same as in Prime, Bay Screamer is hard to defend but Prime at least had a hint in terms of using the red and blues, albeit to different effect) meanwhile Shockwave is pretty much always easy to spot for his one eye featureless face and giant arm cannon

Also rereading your post I realize this may not even be what you mean but fuck it I already typed all this out so I'm sending it anyway

Starscream is probably tied with Optimus for me. Optimus' only lackluster design was his Animated incarnation, outside of that he's always been solid. Even Bayverde Optimus looks very Optimus and arguably the only good design in that universe.

to be fair the reason they stayed that way was because they had such garbage/simple alt modes.

>Cassette player and a lethal barcode scanner
>garbage
You take that back.

Can Getaway be redeemed? Or is death the only option for him now?

I feel he can't be redeemed at this point because Roberts decided to retcon the bit where Getaway had no idea the DJD would show up and start trying to kill everyone including Rodimus and company. Roberts is incapable of writing villains who aren't psychopaths with a fetish for body horror. It's a shame because Getaway had a lot to offer and while being a cold bastard like Prowl, you could STILL somewhat sympathize with his objective to kill Megs.

I swear the only character who's ever allowed to have redemption in this book is Megs. It's hard to condemn him when every other villain in the book juxtaposed to Megs makes him look like a decent fellow despite having wiped out trillions of planets off the face of the universe.

*did* they retcon that, though? It could just as easily be that Riptide is stating an assumption rather than fact. That being said, Getaway is a sociopath and doesn't seem to care either way.

THE FIRST STRIKE #6 FULL PREVIEW:

newsarama.com/37036-preview-first-strike-6.html

I want him to be.

Before Megs joined the crew, I really liked Getaway.

>Starscream shouts surrender or die
>Elita nearly vaporizes them anyways
This mad woman is going to be so much fun to finally see brought down.

Seeing how this entire thing is probably in First Aids mind I can't tell what's truth and what isn't, Riptide may very well be an idiot but wait, how the hell did the LL even know the DJD attacked Rodimus and company? Weren't they already gone. The Galactic council didn't even mention the DJD was randomly on the Necroplanet.

I love her. One of my favorite Elitas.

I would say OP but TFP OP looks like he needs breast reduction surgery so... nah.

Bee generally looks okay. Grimlocks too.

Probably the best Elita right after Animated Elita.
Oh that's very true. I can't think of a single bad Grimlock. Even Bayverse Grimlock looks good.

Either Roberts is good at writing a mind game or he nonchalantly disregarded half the shit he wrote in issue 55.

I kinda wonder if Getaway cares that he indirectly caused Skids' death.

I would hope so but judging by what we're witnessing, maybe not.
He might be an actual sociopath.

Maybe Getaway tipped off the DJD to ensure Megs died, not trusting the council to get it done right?

Soundwave had a crap design in Prime. Best Shockwave was animated.

That would actually be really interesting and explain why another chunk of the mutiny rebelled.

Wait... what about that Grimlock from the Energon Trilogy that isn't a dinosaur? Does that one count?

Starscream also looks good in most incarnations. I wish I could say the same for Megatron, but... TF1-3 Megatron is blehg.
Galvatrons always look nice. I love Galvatron.

>Soundwave had a crap design in Prime
>not liking dronewave

He was still a dinosaur in the Unicron trilogy apparently.

Whoops, Robots In Disguise 01 Grimlock, I meant.
He shares an altmode with... Scoop.

>Starscream perhaps number 3

What are you talking about? Starscream's design hasn't been consistent at all. Maybe the alt mode has been consistent but he varies pretty wildly otherwise

What the fuck where they thinking...
I-I don't think this counts as a true Grimlock.

Should Shockwave always be British?

The question is whether the characters designs are consistently good across different continuities and SS has had very strong designs in most.

I like Bumblebee.

No. My favorite voice for Shockwave was actually FoC's.

I kinda want to see Shockwave be voiced similar to Ultron (voiced by Tom Kane) in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes: youtube.com/watch?v=k5aj7akdNkM

The depth is perfect although Shockwave comes off as a smug piece of shit so I would want them to sound a bit more arrogant.

I think it's just... green scoop. Better to digest that way.

So I guess Bulkhead's showing up in tonight/tomorrow morning for you east coast people's RID. It's okay, I guess.
I kind of want to get back to Steeljaw and see if he finally heel-face-turns because being a Decepticon is just not working out for him.

Guess it's fitting of the cold nature or Shockwave, I still prefer British because it makes him feel regal and intelligent

Who is best girl and why is it Starscream is the better question.

Animated Elita did nothing except hold some codes and cocktease Ratchet though.

That's Arcee not Elita.
Elita was actually Blackarachnia in TFA.

Can't argue with that. Starscream really is best girl (male).

I got confused since they're both pink ass sluts in g1 and I haven't slept properly in days, I'm not into fucking spiders so I'm not into Blackarachnia either to be fair.

You don't need to be a girl to be best girl, Starscream is proof of this.

TRYPTICON IS RETURNING AS ARE THE DINOBOTS.

G1 is the king of out of context shots

With all this metrotitan lore, and Trypticon's toy release, I'm surprised he didn't show up sooner.

Blackrock suddenly got... big? Is that Blackrock?

Indeed

I REALLY haven't liked G.I Joe since it's third issue but it's about time Skywarp is written in-character.

Why is a YMCA backup singer punching a robot snake as the american flag comes out of his fist?

Which character has the most autistic fanbase?
I'm tempted to think it's some MTMTE character just on principal but then I remember how bad /toy/ collectors can get.

Probably Bumblebee

Really? I feel BB has a really dead and unproductive fanbase.

>Children like bee
>Especially autistic children

There you go, the most autistic fanbase.

Starscream apologists.

>Starscream apologists.
Other than that one cartoon when has Starscream not been a jerk?

Armada. But that's it, and most of the Starscream apologists I see are ones that fixate on g1 or TFP Starscream.

You know, I like Starscream, but every time I see him I think of that portion of the fandom.

>What the fuck where they thinking...
They wanted to keep the name in use. The character was not meant to be Grimlock in Car Robots,

People like to woobie prime and g1 Starscream even though he brought everything that happened to him onto himself and pretty obviously has some form of pain kink.

Soundwave, Shockwave, and Star Scream are consistently the best done in every incarnation in which they appear. Soundwave in particular is pretty damn scary in some series.

Is Revolutionaries worth reading? I didn't know they made Hearts of Steel technically canon until I read OP and The First Strike OP issue.

I like Action Man and Kup and Blackrock's interactions, and the series itself has storylines that are easier to follow than Revolution itself.

So yes, I do recommend.

It's pretty damn fun. Action Man is definitely the best human in the franchise.

I feel either Starscream or IDW Rodimus. A lot of Starscream fans are really, really awful because like this user said, they like to woobify him and antagonize all of his opposition even in his most competent incarnation (which would be IDW Starscream).

That being said, most of Megatrons main three are woobified as hell. IDW Soundwave gets it really bad too.

I still feel like the election in the annual is gonna end with Elita winning. Possible Windblade/Starscream team up but have Elita win regardless for a status quo change. Plus it would be interesting to see how screamer handles loss after so long of doing good.

Watching Starscream finally overthrown would be amazing. I want to see his spirit crushed but not for long because at least he has friends this time in Bumblebee who will probably be out of the singularity and Windblade. Uh there is the issue of Blast Off though who will see this as the perfect opportunity to murder the shit out of SS now that he's not in power. Errr Prowl might also start pulling strings again...

Well I've seen a theory that Bee may not come back until Onyx does. Onyx has some control over singularities and Bee is stuck in one so it fits. Windblade has been getting somewhat chummy with him lately so I think she's tolerate him if he actually agrees to be part of a real team unlike the kind of relationship he had with Megatron and the rest of the Decepticons. Blast Off...I think Starscream could just point out that if he lets Starscream die then no one is going to try and keep the Combaticons alive whenever Onslaught goes back to killing people just because he wants to.

>Bee and Shockwave come back just in time for Primes exile and Onyx's presence in Cybertron as a demi-god
At least that's one happy thing to look forward to in the life of Optimus. God, is he the most miserable character in this series?

>Fortress Maximus
>Neither a Fortress or Maximus
What did IDW mean by this?

No clue but he's still a best boy.
He's so under utilized as a character in this continuity and I hate it. Garrus-9 in general was so fucking cool. It sucks that we got so few issues issues outside of LSotW taking place around and within it. Only major issue I can think of was spotlight Arcee.

Blame whichever wanker writers can't get it through their heads that Fortmax is supposed to be retardedly huge beyond belief. It mystifies me that the character thats the biggest TF toy ever, and just plain one of the biggest non-planet TF's, is always reduced to a tiny ass motherfucker in the comics.

>always reduced to a tiny ass motherfucker in the comics.
This sentence made me laugh so hard because it's so fucking true.

It sounds cool and that's the only thing that matters

Why can't they just make him the exception to the rule on mass shifting?

...Whats the rule on mass shifting?

he's a growing boy

In IDW the bigger you go the more pain you suffer simply existing at that state. In others it seems to be more "not as big as Metroplex"

Soundwave can turn into a human sized tape deck so mass shifting was fucked from the beginning

>tfw Megatron and Soundwave could probably size down to human size if they wanted to

There isn't one really.

Could just make his outlier power the ability to mass shift to truly ridiculous sizes with no downside.

"blah blah bullshit turns out my insane load bearer ability wasn't really that, I can just actually get FUKKEN HUEG and the loadbearing shit was just the preliminary signs of that".

>Megatron and Soundwave could rape without consequence if they wanted to

Just in time for Unicron too.
>oh no! What will we do?
>hold my engex and watch this

Actually as they're machines would it be considered rape? It wouldn't be sexual for them.

Ehh...Unicron's still punching way above even Fortmax's size though. He's goddamn ridiculously massive, but he's not the size of a planet. I'm not asking for Fortmax to be Unicron sized, just to actually exist in the comics as he does in the cartoons/toy/etc, as "The biggest motherfucker around that is not explicitely the like, 2 planetformers who also happen to literally be God and The Devil".

I'm certain the situation would be flipped around actually. Humans are pretty nasty, horny creatures.

There's nothing that says Unicron will ever appear in IDW as we've known him previously. Afterall just look at IDW Fort Max.

>Transformers g1 episode 1
>robots that were able to think and feel
>feel

It would be sexual and rape

>humans being able to hold down a hunk of metal with giant guns

lol no just because they're human sized doesn't mean they're not metal ass robots

I really doubt they're gonna go with anything other than "planet that eats planets and turns into a robot that can basketball palm a fucking planet". They've waited so long to do anything with the guy, they're gonna go all balls out if he shows up.

We'll also probably end up with his floating head in orbit too by the end of it.

I'm still not convinced a machine could rape a human. They can feel yes, but what can they feel?

I wouldn't mind a Prime style version. Not that he would be the earth. Just that he's more than his physical body.

Reminder

Their robot cocks around puss, it's been shown multiple times that they feel pain so why not pleasure?

Oh, they can feel it alright.

>Shockwave
>well designed

Rude. Hasn't Shockwave already suffered enough?

But they don't have dicks.

Given IDW hasn't shyed away from multiversal stuff, I'm sure they're gonna go with whats now the standard "Unicron is some multiversal thing existing in all realities". Shit, they might go to other ones to learn more about him.

>IDW visits G1 reality and learns all they need to do is open the Matrix up inside of him
>realizes they're just plain fucked because their Matrix is broke as shit

says you