Is the Batfamily getting too big?

Is the Batfamily getting too big?

Yes. Kill some of them off.

They tried that once, even had a special event where readers could call in if they wanted Robin to die. The problem is the little prick just won't stay dead.

Who the fuck is that furthest to the right?

Every single female member of the batfamily is an insufferable cunt.

How the fuck did this person have Duke as Signal but Helena Wayne as Huntress

Blue Bird.

Her name's Tumblrbat.

She's trying to stay as far away from the patriarchal shitlords as possible.

isnt there suppose to be an asain ninja in there?

No, DC won't stop until every book they're publishing is Batfamily

Not really?

I mean, it's too big for a single gook, but great for a line. Writers and editors have options now, and can safely mess with the cast without affect their ability to write the book they want.

For example, want to write a "Older woman mentors younger girl" arc but Batwoman is dead? No problem, just use Huntress instead.

Yes. Get rid of Duke and Tim, retcon Jason back to being dead and give the franchise back some mythos and a sense of consequence, kill Batwoman and Harper, make Babs oracle again and we should be good. Damian can stick around so long as they don't keep rehashing his original character arc under Morrison.

too big

for you

Half of fucking Gotham know who Batman is and is wearing a Bat symbol. That shit is dumb. It should only be the Robins.

Unless you were a Robin, fuck off.

Kill batgirl (not cass) nightwing and the girl Next to batgirl.

Arguably, yes. Some should be next generation Bat-Family ala Terry, and some could work better under other heroes like Nightwing or Tim as their spinoff families. Take Bluebird and Duke for instance, could have been the start of Dick's team in Bludhaven.

Harper Row/Bluebird. DC seems to have realized that nobody liked her, so she's been benched and is just working at a free clinic now.

What's her story

God Babs' costume is so bad even fan favorite Harper Row looks better than her

You forgot Azrael, Clayface, Batwing, and of course El Gaucho

Who's the one on the far right?

Duke is out
Damian stays
Tim drake out.
Jason todd stays
Dick grayson stay
Bruce wayner out
Batwoman out
Batgirl out
Huntress out
Cass stays.
Spoiler out.
Blue bird retired as a hero.

Read the thread

we need bats, more bats.

wonder bat
superbat
green bat
martian bathunter
etc

No, we need more, hopefully other countries making blatant knock-offs

Bruce and Damian obviously stay on as Batman and Robin. No problems there.

Nightwing should stay in Bludhaven. Make him an extended batfamily member, but let him have his own book.

Jason's doing his own thing in RHatO, so he's fine. Tim however really needs something to do. Something to set him apart as his own character. This "kind of robin but kind of not" shtick is weird.

Batwoman was basically never part of the batfamily anyways her books are so disconnected. It's only recently in Detective Comics that she's been crossing over regularly.

Babs needs to be Oracle again, and you could have Huntress, Spoiler, and Cass/Orphan as the new Birds of Prey.

Not really sure what to do with Duke, and I don't think DC does either.

the joker made sexist comments towards her

>pretending like Duke counts
Why are you enabling their bullshit like that op?

Maybe its me, but I think Duke is perhaps worse than Harper.
>Blatant token black character
>Shitty, nonsensical yellow costume
>Called "The Signal"

Blackbat/Cassandra Cain, yes. She's great and for some reason DC wants to ignore her.

I think Duke is a lot better. Harper aggravated people because she was annoying and acted like she knew better than the rest of the Batfamily. Also she pretty much got no training before being allowed on patrol. Pretty much every other sidekick at least got a panel that acknowledged that Batman made them train for months before allowing them to suit up.

Duke has at least been putting in the time to train. He feels more like he's earning it.

Oops, there wasn't any replies when I typed it but I forgot to actually post it and now I look like a complete retard.

At any rate, I thought she was completely forgotten after Rebirth.

Harper is more like Spoiler or Barbara, a girl who just put on a costume one day just because she wanted to and no one could stop her

She more or less has been. There was like, one panel where she's working at a free clinic being like "yeah I don't wanna be a vigilante any more". Thank god.

Eh, fair enough. I'd rather Duke just fuck off or get a persona/costume that wasn't bat related. But as soon as he does so, no one is going to give two shits about him, much like Harper. Really both are just another desperate attempt from Snyder to leave his mark on Batman

>Not "The Signaling"
You suck, Snyder!

He already left a mark. A skidmark, if you will.

No arguments there. I don't MIND him, but he really doesn't add anything to the batfamily, and if he weren't part of them he definitely wouldn't be able to stand on his own as a character.

>reading up on recent Detective Comics
>Steph going renegade and being all REVENGE
>mfw
I know that no two writers EVER depict Steph the same way but still... seriously?
This would be like Wolverine randomly deciding to pursue a ballet career.

Is there a single person who actually liked Duke and/or Harper? Aren't they both Snyder's OCs?

>not even all members are in this picture
Batfamily is going to replace the GCPD in the future.

It was too big when they added a 2nd Robin and a girl.

I wonder if they together can defeat the entire league of assassins in a direct war

Specifically Harper Rowe.

Lmao is that yellow power ranger?

Nah. It's fine. It is still way smaller than the X-Men.

You mean like... Merciless and Dawnbreaker?

That's like saying dysentery is less painful than ebola.
Technically true but I wouldn't say either is really good.

keep nightwing, kill damian (batman shouldn't have a kid jesus christ), make babs oracle, give batgirl back to cassandra cain, kill jason and make him stay dead, kill batwoman, put tim back as robin and stephanie as his gf, make huntress and question a thing like in the tv show and make her fuck off out of the batfamily/gotham. kill whoevers left cause i don't even know who the right and leftmost people are.

Doesn't he have a Black bat son taking care of shit in some African nation?

I thought batman was a loner

>Batman shouldn't have a kid

Why? He's like forty, already surrounded by children, and didn't even raise him.

Not really. They've retired some over time like Michael Lane, Talon and Luke Fox, so technically it hasn't really grown in a long time.

And they all have their own place in the DCU instead of all cluttering the narrative at any one time. Duke has a minor role in the main Batman book, Dick, Damian and Jason are on teams with other DCU characters instead of just Bat ones, Kate, Cass, Tim and Steph are together on one team, and Babs, Helena and Harper are together on one team.

The simple fact of the matter is that Batman is the most popular character in the DCU by a wide margin and all of the Batfamily members are popular enough to warrant at least appearing on a team at any one time.

Batwing isn't his son, he's just a member of Batman Inc. Anyway Lucius Fox's son took over the title and works out of Gotham.

who the fuck is captain batfalcon on the far left never seent this nigga before

>Azrael isn't there but Duke and Harper are

The token forgettable black guy. I don't know his name and I don't care.

That would be Duke Thomas, another Snyder creation like Harper Rowe aka Bluebird. He was supposedly going to be "Lark" but now he's "The Signal". Long story short, he's just as fucking irrelevant as Batwing. Last thing the Batfamily needs is new members

>everyone tried to kill off Jason so we wouldn't have to deal with his angst anymore.
>comes back from the dead even angstier and never fucking shuts up
I never thought I'd feel sorry for the rogues gallery but here I am. They have to deal with this shit every day.

Duke Thomas aka The Signal
Probably just a member of the Batfamily because his family name is the first name of Batmans father

People keep saying this like they're all crammed into one book. Batman is basically a section of DC Comics unto himself; all of his allies are off doing their own thing unless there's some big event that brings them all together.

Also who the fuck is 3rd from the right supposed to be?

What happened to French Batman? Did he die with the 90s?

I couldn't stand Anakin Todd pre rebirth but he is pretty cool in rebirths RHatO.

Looks like Cassandra Cain as Black Bat. Kinda weird they used that version when everyone else is in their modern incarnations.

>and the bat family is gonna be more bigger, with the sons of tim

It kind of looks like Cass' Black Bat costume, but last I checked Cass wasn't a tall white woman with brown hair.

or better yet let Stephaine Brown be Batgirl and put Barbra back in the damn chair

Not dead as far as I know.

Did Duke call himself that because he really liked Serenity?

Mask and cape are wrong, too.

Actually they just need to have Tim, Cass/Orphan and Spoiler just need to do their own Archie, Betty and Veronica thing

>all these posts saying Nightwing should die

Dan? Dan, is that you?

The issue isn;t that the batfamily is too big, it's that the Wonder familyis too small. We've got Diana, 2 Wonder Girls and Artemis and that's pretty much it.

I guess Hippolyta is a villain because of reasons or whatever but there are more Flashes than that

Yeah, cause that would be greeeeeaaaat to read about... Junior high love drama is so much fun, we definitely need more of it...

Things were simpler once upon a time.

What exactly is Spoiler's motif supposed to be?
The others are like 'batman/woman/girl/intermediate = bat', 'nightwing = acrobat/prostitute', 'robin = robin' - but Spoiler looks like Steph just randomly pulled on a ski-mask and started beating people.

>Spoiler looks like Steph just randomly pulled on a ski-mask and started beating people.
I mean for a long time that was an accurate description of what she did.

I always thought she was supposed to look kind of like a criminal.

she spoils your crimes

it should have stopped growing at Damian and even then it was still pretty bloated. I mean teams like Birds of Prey was a little needless
if decent world characters like Blue Bird and Duke would have been introduced during an established Dickbats era

Her dad is a crime boss so she "spoils" his plans

Totally unrelated to plot spoilers

>Batwing
>The Signal
what's the next black Batman character going to be? Bat Shark Repellent?

Honestly, Bruce should've been the one to stay dead. Dick and Damian have a much better dynamic. And I agree with those who Barbara should've stayed a cripple. Also give Tim a new identity for chrissakes.

>batintermediate
>tfw you realize you will probably see this thing in your lifetime

Just Repellent for obvious reasons

Condom cowl Red Robin was best Tim

>make huntress and question a thing like in the tv show
That kind of happened in the comics, and it even pre-dates the show. I'm pretty sure that the JLU cartoon was inspired by this, only they actually ran with it and made them a couple.

>Spoiler looks like Steph just randomly pulled on a ski-mask and started beating people.
That's not exactly inaccurate.

Best girl.

Batfamily becomes a sausage fest.

As it was always meant to be!

Batfamily exists solely to pander to Tumblr and Dixon. They can't kill them off because they have too many fangirls.

that's Pre-Flashpoint Helena B. Huntress, the image was also drawn a while ago we since everyone doesn't have their Rebirth costumes.

I thought it was starting to get bloated, seriously bloated, around NML. By the time Damian came around it was beyond that and now it's pointlessly huge.

>Also give Tim a new identity for chrissakes.
Tim will be forever redundant until he moves past being Robin, but it's like no one is willing or able to do anything with him that isn't redundant, re-hashed or both.

It's been too big for decades and it's a perfect example of why characters should be retired after a time.

WHEN the fuck did Cass start looking like that?

Concept: Tim gets his pre-Nu52 Red Robin outfit, but instead rebrands himself as "Redtail" because he's finally graduated from being a robin into a hawk.

will never happen

which is too bad because I love when hero passes on the title whens it's done right

I don't even go to this board and I know you have this thread all the time, I just clicked the OP in case there was a hot girl in there (there's not really)

>Duke
Get rid of him completely.
>Damian
Keep as the only current Robin
>Tim
Actually give him his own post-Robin identity
>Jason
Already has his own post-Robin identity and is far enough removed from the main Bat stuff to not add to the crowding.
>Dick
Already has his own post-Robin identity and is far enough removed from the main Bat stuff to not add to the crowding.
>Bruce
Keep as Batman
>Kate
I know a lot of Sup Forums hates her automatically but I don't mind her. Though I'd limit her to either her own book or as the co-lead of Tec.
>Babs
Re-paralyzed and becomes Oracle.
>Helena
Has literally nothing to do with the main Bat stuff in the New-52 so just keep her as is.
>Cass
Becomes the current Batgirl
>Steph
Put her wherever post-Robin Tim is or maybe on the BoP.
>Harper
Kill her with fire.

Most can easily still exist without needing to be killed off. They just need some shuffling.

Just keep it simple.
Since Jason is back Tim should get killed by the Joker and stay dead.