What are you guys loving atm?
What's your favourite ongoing?
What's your least favourite ongoing?
You collecting any of the trades?
etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

viewcomic.com/justice-league-of-america-007-2-2013/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're fine. I like the Metal event and the dark multiverse.

Flash is nice.

Rebirth is my first time following DC. New Super-Man and RHATO are my favorites.

Super Sons is great. New Superman is good. Following Teen Titans and Superman which are decent.

It's definitely an improvement over New 52, though it needs to focus more on going forward, rather than pandering to 90s kids (speaking as one). Also, the Watchmen shit is an abomination.

Loving New Super-Man, Deathstroke, Red Hood (surprisingly) and looking forward to Priest on JL.

Haven't read anything truly terrible, but Rucka's WW was disappointing and I'm not loving the Super/GL books as much as everyone else, though I like the buddy-cop direction that GLS is going in, Humphries' dialogue bugs me.

(Actually, I don't get the hype for Orlando's JLA. Seems like a "fake book" -- team makes no sense in its concept and Batman working with Lobo is bullshit.)

Currently reading

Superman
Super Sons
Detective Comics
Aquaman
Cave Carson
Shade the Changing Girl
Doom Patrol
Bug!
Ragman
And Metal and the various tie-ins.

I loved The Flintstones when it was running as well.

Looking forward to Snagglepuss, The Jetsons, and the Dark Matter books.

Yeah JLA feels like a Convergence title that escaped in to Rebirth and is disguised as an ongoing.

>I loved The Flintstones when it was running as well.
When the fuck are these getting hardbacks?

superman vol 3. multiplicity, worth buying? ill be getting vol. 2 soon but im not sure if it drops off or stays good.

Not him but It's the first slice of Multiversity 2, so yes.

>Detective Comics
I can just NEVER get into that. I really want to, but god damn. It takes me right out of it by issue 2. The cast is pretty garbage excluding Clayface. Cass feels like a shade of what she used to be. No thank you.

Superman, Super Sons and Action Comics. Perfection.

Hal & Pals is all really.
I'm reading King's Batman but not loving it.

Mister Miracle....obvs, I'm definitely getting that in trade.

Do you like Hal + Pals?

When DC decides the TPBs sold well enough

Deathstroke
New Super Man
Mister Miracle

>I don't get the hype for Orlando's JLA
Where on earth have you seen hype because everywhere I look I see disappointment or characterfags (mainly Vixen and Ryan) just happy their character is there and isn't getting shat on too badly.

So there is any difference beetwen Rebirth Superman and post crisis superman? I know he's pre crisis mind in new 52 body but he got any trait from the new 52 superman?

Killer Frost suddenly and inexplicably going good is nonsense, as well as Bats allowing two known mass murderers into the League.

I'm reading:

>Titans
>Red Hood and the Outlaws
>Superman
>Action Comics
>Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye
>Nightwing
>Mister Miracle
>Ragman

On my to-read list, meaning my roommate bought them and I haven't read them yet:

>Mother Panic
>Bug
>Doom Patrol
>Flash

Books I've dropped:

>Batman
>Green Arrow
>Aquaman

Batman I didn't have any particular problem with, it just didn't grip me, but Aquaman and Green Arrow were garbage. Only read the first trades, so someone let me know if they got any better... Is anyone else reading Titans?

my favorite is actually Aquaman just good meat and potatoes stuff even if a lot of the basic plot is has been done to death the execution is very good

It's been cool so far. Nothing stupid.

>Killer Frost suddenly and inexplicably going good is nonsense,
False. This one has the same tragic origin as the new 52 version & isn't a sadist or a serial killer like the classic version.
Read her villain month issue it's actually good.
viewcomic.com/justice-league-of-america-007-2-2013/

>It's definitely an improvement over New 52
Only for the Teen Titans & Superman & maybe Red Hood & Outlaws.
Very little else.

Currently reading Deathstroke, Action Comics, Superman, Teen Titans, Titans, New Super-Man, Metal, Justice League of America.

Besides The Button, How does Flash Rebirth compare to the New 52 book?
The art is better them Booth but not a 3rd as good as Manapul.

Only know what I'm liking at the moment because I don't buy or read shit I don't like, at least once I realise I don't like it.
Fav ongoing is prob SuperSons b/c its like a popcorn movie I would have liked as a 12 year old, its just fun as hell. Superman very close behind that.
'Serious' comics are my dinner.... The irreverant lighthearted books are my dessert.

BUG! is a pleasure.
Tom King
Very excited for Ragman
I just picked up Superman today for the first time because of the Apokolips storyline that's just starting.
New Superman is not getting enough attention -- that's a great book too.
Snagglepuss will be interesting, but I wish it was actually just about a gay playwright's misadventures and not a political soapbox book.

My favorite books right now are Mister Miracle, White Knight (#1 was amazing), and Nightwing: New Order. Generally it's just a great time for DC. So many options. So happy they've let Tom King do his thing.

>What are you guys loving atm?
Deathstroke, Aquaman, Green Lanterns, Flash, Metal is more fun then I thought it would be.
>What's your favourite ongoing?
Deathstroke
>What's your least favourite ongoing?
Justice League
>You collecting any of the trades?
Deathstroke, Flash

In terms of writing its better than Venditi, on par with Buccellato maybe a bit better its been awhile since I read Manabooch Flash.

Only deathstroke. I find the rest to be meh.

Looking forward to reading the Sherlock Frankenstein I just picked up. I don't know if that's technically rebirth. Anyone read it yet?

That's not even DC.

>all these super sons mentions
Why? This book literally has no plot and even the dynamic between the two mains started to get dull.

Deathstroke is my favorite ongoing, Wild Storm and New Super-man are also great, Metal is kind of stupid but simultaneously fun

Been reading Hal n Pals and it's okay but I desperately wish it could get a new writer

Looking forward to Doomsday Clock and Snagglepuss

>So happy they've let Tom King do his thing.

I like everything he's done/is doing... except Batman, his deconstruction just doesnt fucking work.

My litmus test for Batman is usually "could i give this issue/arc to a middle school kid and would it be appropriate-ish.. and would they even like it"

Kings Batman run so far gets some stuff right but the decompression and various other stuff is not particularly exciting to read. I'm dropping it from my pull next time i get down to the comic shop, especially since i heard some murmur about king doing a 17 issue story arc?... may have been bullshit idk

they're pedophiles

That's a pretty fucking dumb litmus test.

It's the same Superman. New 52 Superman dies, so he takes his place.

No Wonder Woman love?

Shit. I just bought all four WW Rebirth trades. I thought people were loving it. What happened? Is it just assblasted azzarello fags or is it actually bad?

Tell me I didn't waste my money.

It's alright with good art
Does read better in trades but his first run was better overall

But yes anybody who calls it terrible is likely an Azzfag

>trades

No room but I've been buying extra digital external drives lately. I've already almost filled a 3TB one (but a bunch of Justice League Action and other toons is that).

New Super-Man is probably the real stand-out as a trade and one I can see re-reading.

Super Sons is really good and the Superman self-titled is as well. I'm glad the first set of books and writers/artists are off Aquaman, since I found those disappointing, especially the art.

The Vertigo books have been nice.

It's not bad, it's just not anything to write home about.

>Bug

This is something I would buy as a trade because Allred's art looks so much better on nice paper. But what I've seen so far is highly impressive, idea-wise and art-wise.

I am looking forward to reading them. I think people here are dismissive. The ass-blasted people are the same people who want video game action in general, in their live action adaptations and in their books.

What I've seen so far I've enjoyed. And it's gotten good press.

I was reading a lot when it started but quit because double shipping became a hassle. I just started catching up on Batman today and plan on catching up with and adding Batman, Tec, Superman, Super Sons, Deathstroke, Nightwing, and Titans to my pull list.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to it still. I've actually never read Cucka's first run, so I might go back and do that afterward. I've stayed away from it because of Infinite Crisis tie-in bullshit.

>Cucka

Jesus Christ just kill yourself

>Dropped Aquaman
>Still reading Titans

The fuck?

I'm reading Titans by trade, so I'm not totally caught up, but it's fine so far. Not as good as I wish it was. Aquaman was offensively bad from the word go.

Ah that explains it.

Titans goes from okay to shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Aquaman goes from mediocre-okay to REALLY FUCKING GOOD.

Well, again, I only read what constitutes the first trade, but I wouldn't rank anything I read as mediocre-okay. It was terrible.

Imagine being this offended by a joking nickname for a mediocre writer.

>It's definitely an improvement over New 52
Objectively wrong.

I'm not offended, I'm annoyed that every retard on Sup Forums feels the need to say "cuck" five times every God damn post it's like I'm on fucking /gif/ nowadays.

>I'm not offended, I'm annoyed
user...

It's really bland as fuck. One half is the origin story all over again and the other half is really slow. I'd say spending money on any rebirth comics except Deathstroke or new Super-man is waste of money. I'm glad Morrison got WWEO over Cucka.

New Superman
RHATO
FUCKING KAMANDI
Ragman
HJ&GLC
Batman
Bug
Mister Miracle
Action Comics
Lovong the events and hopeful for twists in Doomsday Clock

Going to add Terrifics
Sideways
Goddam SHAZAM as soon as they bring him back.

New Superman and Superman are my two top tier favs.
Hopefully, Superman gets back on track with Imperious Lex after the fuck shit filler issues.

what good Batman story doesn't fit into that criteria?

>I'm glad Morrison got WWEO over Cucka.
Well I just ordered Rucka's entire run on Wonder Woman and there's nothing you can do about it. Keep seething pinhead.

>Also, the Watchmen shit is an abomination.

this but no one will ever accuse The Cereal Lord of being highly creative or imaginative

>The Flintstones

Not sure this is a Rebirth title (or that the Vertigo books are) but I'm glad DC is providing the alternatives to the main universe. I mean, I've no interest in Ennis or Wildstorm but I see the value for the people who are really interested in that and want a 'rebirth' of that, so to speak.

>superman vol 3. multiplicity, worth buying

I wish the story was actually longer. Because it was only a four issue cross-over, the Swamp Thing annual, which came out many issues earlier, is included, but it's a really great story, with some beautiful art and it makes sense before the Multiplicity four parter. OTOH, the trade ends in a Jon and Kathy in Hamilton County story that would probably have make more sense as the intro to the Manchester Black trade.

>Why?
Sometimes you just want to read stuff for pleasure. I'm not reading it because it's teaching me something new, or has some really imaginative and creative story-telling.

It's just fun and pleasurable to read. It's not dumb or pandering and it's pleasure doesn't depend on some facet where it's focus-tested, or trying to expand into a demographic, etc.

I'm reading Bug and enjoying it for totally different reasons. Super Sons is like that summer pop song that is catchy and nothing much deeper than that.

Good taste user

It's really good, you'll like it user. It comes to a screeching halt when it slams into Infinite Crisis but lots good before that. Also Rucka's WW/Blackest Night mini is a good epilogue to the run.

I was talking about the Rebirth series.

New Super-Man is the ongoing I'm enjoying the most. Aquaman just because Sejic draws it (even though is not his best work).

I misunderstood, I beg your pardon.

In that case, um...

good luck?

What's Metal?

Dark Nights:Metal
It's an event currently going on.

Deathstroke very good
WW, JL very bad
Bats, Trinity, JLA in the middle.

Any prerequisites to read that>