If you can solve this, Clinton gets v& today

If you can solve this, Clinton gets v& today

But you can't solve it. Oh well, she'll get v& today anyway.

>tfw no one can solve this

5x16

Area of Trapezoid is .5h(b1+b2)

You're right, 5x16 is 80. But that's irrelevant. Answer the question goy

Which is the object A you cc fuck?

It's 70

If it's a trapezium its

0.5x5(12+16) = 70

70... fucking brainlets

Come on now, haven't you seen this before? The dimensions are overspecified. It's not a realizable trapezoid.

A is area dumbass

embarrassing...

A = 1/2 x (b + B) x h

A = 1/2 x (12 + 16) x 5

A = 1/2 x 28 x 5

A = 14 x 5

A = 70

EZPZ

Treat it like a rectangle and the area is 80 square units.

8>2+5

that triangle can't exist

Why would you treat it like a rectangle?

Is this supposed to be an example of common core being shit? I don't get it

That's how they jew you.

5*12 + 5*2 = 70
(reduce to squares; 12*5 is middle segment, 2 is the leftover on one side, but both sides together make a new square so effectively it's plus 5*2)

(12*5)+2((2*5)/2))=70
Also, the scale makes zero sense

You can calculate the area, the fact that the shape physically can't exist doesn't matter. Math isn't concerned with silly things such as euclidean geometry, unless specified.

Your point?
It doesn't say object A. A is an abbreviation of area you fucking retard.
Prove it.
>implying
>being this retarded
>being this retarded
>being this retarded
>thinking it's a rectangle
>being even more retarded than everyone else

2 * 5 = 10

12 * 5 = 60

60 + 10 = 70

therefore it is 70

>v&
vand?
vampersand?

70. I could do it in my head.

Give me something hard.

>trapezium
trapezoid

treat it like a rectangle and it's 70 you mong

5*12 + 5*2 = 70

if my kid came home with this test i would burn down his school because my kid is going to grow up a basic laborer, with education like this, might as well teach him to clean up his burnt down school. DEFINE THE FUCKING OBJECT! if its that goddamn dotted triangle it's 10 if it is the rest of the fuck trapazoid its 70 if its the whole trapazoid it's 80 i hate you so fucking much. you will bait 100 fucking assholes because you're a fucking asshole.

your little projection is solved, kiddo.

lurk moar faggot

Not only is the object not labeled properly; Lacking the required internal markers to show if the lines are parallel, equal, at a right angle. The triangles formed are physically impossible if we imply the markings.

ITT: People who can't A^2 + B^2 = C^2

70?

Shape is on a globe. Pythagoras is no use.

Yep
You're a triangle
Then calculate the area you fucking retard
Problems are supposed to be in euclidian space unless otherwise specified and if it's non-euclidian then you don't know the nature of the space it's in so you have no way of calculating it you retard
kill yourself
kill yourself
what the fuck is a trapezoid?

>Hillary for Prison.

v& as in b& (banned) and van, as in FBI PARTY VAN

But it's not a rectangle, and the greater the angle of the sides deviate from 90 degrees, the more inaccurate your assumption becomes

Go back to Canada you fucking leaf.

fuck off nerd

70 units^2

>people just saying 70
>wewlad

Is this why an imaginary number multiplied by an imaginary number is negative one?

Sorry, I'm new here from Reddit, so still learning the lingo :^)

>if my kid came home with this test i would burn down his school because my kid is going to grow up a basic laborer, with education like this, might as well teach him to clean up his burnt down school. DEFINE THE FUCKING OBJECT! if its that goddamn dotted triangle it's 10 if it is the rest of the fuck trapazoid its 70 if its the whole trapazoid it's 80 i hate you so fucking much. you will bait 100 fucking assholes because you're a fucking asshole.

Dude you are retarded. It is obviously a total of 70.

Square in the middle: 5x12= 60

Both triangles: 5×2 = 10

60 +10 = 70

You need to get a proper math education so you don't turn into a niggerbrained fag like yourself. If you can't do this in your head it means you are stupid.

8 x 12 x 8 x 16 x 5 = 61,440

God you people are fucking retarded.

You're dumb, not a big surprise

Problems are in no space at all, unless specififed. The question says to solve a trapezoid, so treat it as a trapezoid. Area is 70. End of discussion.

The fact that the triangles are impossible is 100% irrelevant. Math is abstract. You treat it as solving some kind of phsyiscally existing trapezoid, which this isn't.

Note that this doesn't mean the question is well formatted, it's not, but you can still get a correct answer unless you're a pedantic retard who doesn't know how math works.

OP the picture doesn't make sense.

Base of triangle according to rectangles - 16-12 /2 = 2

Base of triangle according to pythagoras = sq.root 39 = 6....

(at least) one of the lengths is wrong

You dont need to know the sides because more than enough info is present. a=12 b=16 and h=5 this already sets it up to find the area. Fucking trapezoid man.

Dude you are not only stupid, but incredibly self important.

Pythagorean theorem is completely pointles. You can just look at it and see it is 70 through basic multiplication.

The area of the square, 12*5=60

The area of one triangle, .5(2*5)=5

Total area is 60+5+5=70 area units squared

I identify as a 1D shape thank you very much

IT DOESN'T SAY TO SOLVE A FUCKING TRAPEZIUM YOU FUCKING RETARD

i swear there are like 4 or 5 ctr shills on here trying to boost this bullshit idiot thread.
what do you put on bread when you don't know what you are doing?
sage

It's assumed the height on the other side is 5 units, if it's not assumed, that's the fault of common core

I know they want you to say 12x5 + 4x5 = 80
but I'm not going to do it.

It does. The shape is a trapezoid, thus it asks you to solve a trapezoid.

If it looked like this on the question, then the answer would be unsolvable:

2^2 + 5^2 = 8^2 ??????????

Your kind aren't welcome in Euclidean Geometry, fuck off.

The shape is fucked. The triangles have to have a base of sqrt(39) (approximately 6.245) because

(sqrt(39))^2 + 5^2 = 8^2

by the Pythagorean theorem. Then the length of the base at the bottom, minus the 2 triangle bases is

16 - sqrt(39) - sqrt(39) = 16 - 2*sqrt(39)

which is approximately 3.51, not 12, as shown above in the figure. Then the "area" of this figure, which is deceptive, must include the areas of the sides

(1/2)*sqrt(39)*5 + (1/2)*sqrt(39)*5 = 31.225 (appx)

and the middle rectangle, which "should" have a top and base of 12 and height of 5 to give an area of 60, but we know that the bottom portion can not have a length of 12 since

12 + sqrt(39) + sqrt(39) = 24.49 (appx)

and we were told that the base had length 16.

Try as you may, nothing will stop the Hilldabeast from getting v& in the morning.

>But you can't solve it
That's because it's unsolvable. A triangle with sides of length 8, 5 and 2 units is not a right triangle which a trapezoid would require. The object in question is impossible. The actual answer would be DNE.

>16

Moving one of the triangle sides over to complete the rectangle turns the base into 14. (16-12 = 4, 4/2=2, 16-2=14, 14X5 = 70)

If the whole thing is object A
70 square units of area
If it's the left part 5
If it's the right part 65
if its not pictured, then we need people who teach common core need to be lynched

also sage because CTR is sliding with fucking math threads now.
There's literally 3 threads about fucking math and common core on page 1

What is the issue? The trapezoid is simply not drawn to scale

Just because the person who wrote the test is retarded and fucked up the length doesn't give you the excuse to give the wrong answer. The length of that side is irrelevant.

They might even do this on purpose so kids who try to use pythagorean to do simple mental math can be taught the proper way.

It's 80.

Drawing pic, brb

kek wills the problem solved , any objections suffer bad luck for 5 years

i got 64

You should be able to solve this.

THE REASON ALL YOU FUCKS ARE DISAGREEING IS BECAUSE ITS A PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE SHAPE AND ONE OF THE LENGTHS IS WRONG, AS HE SAID

kek wills the problem solved , any objections suffer bad luck for 5 years take2

>mfw this trapezoid has impossible dimensions

Try drawing it to scale.
It is not possible.

What you fucks are forgetting is that a trapezoid, which is what this is, does not require the length of the sides to solve, which neatly takes care of that problem. It's 70 and you have no idea about math if you disagree.

m8 wot

kill yourself
It doesn't say the other side length is 2

This only works if c and d are different lengths. They are not.

>not entering d

Width of Triangle is 2 on either side.
The area of both triangles combined would equal that of a 2width rectangle.

Therefore the sides can be ignored if you remove the width of 1 of the triangles.

Therefore:
5 x 14 = 70

I've always been good at being lazy with maths.
There are muppets in the thread who will have calculated the area of the triangle, rather than just combining them. I mean, you'd still be right but... more work for you.

>Out of arguments and proven wrong
>K-Kill y-yourself p-please

>being this easily baited
I mean, that's not even low quality bait

there is no such thing as a 2,5,8 right triangle in euclidean space.

130am here. I need to go to bed. I should know this

t. finance major

>Area of square
5 x 12 = 60

>Area of triangle
(2x5)/2 = 5

>Total
60 + 5 + 5 = 70

70 retard

Whoever put this in "Math Olympiad" competition is an absolute fucking moron. It's a logic challenge, not a math problem.

no it doesn't, they're both 8

((average of bases)/2) x height

lol i bet you fucking dipshits can't even add 2 + 3!

It would have to be. The hypotenuses and adjacent sides of the triangles within the trapezoid are the same length which means the triangles are congruent which makes the opposite side exactly half of the difference between the bottom base and the top base. The top base is 12 and the bottom base is 16.

>16-2=4
>4/2 = 2

ITT: Sup Forums confirmed retarded

A = ((((16-12)/2)5)/2)2+5*12
= 70

pic related is a reasonable challenge for anyone with IQ at least 95

normies. reeeeeee

>does not require the length of the sides to solve
You could also say that the height is not required to calculate the area the result will be different.

The proper answer is that the solution is the empty set.

:^)

For the equation Google uses, it only works if c and d are different lengths. In the problem, they are not.

try again

How did you work out the height? The line marked 5 has no indicator of the angle it makes. It might look perpendicular, but isn't actually marked as such.