Why did she have blue hair anyway?

Why did she have blue hair anyway?

Is that adressed in the book?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R-Hsq-L_wz4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In the movie an old photo of her family shows she had brown hair. She very likely just dyed it.

>coraline never went barefoot in the movie
i cry every time

She looks hot.

She's slightly eccentric. She dyed it.

That her parents let her implies the shallowness of her dissatisfaction with them in the early parts of the film.

Coraline Jones vs Chloe Price

Because you GOTTA have blue hair.

Movie Coraline is totally different from the book. Aside from the hair, she has a much more bratty attitude, takes more initiative (though she doesn't actually accomplish much), and is American. She might as well be a different character entirely.

Chloe

youtube.com/watch?v=R-Hsq-L_wz4

why did they cut out scenes that were fully animated? I saw some on the blu ray, and I'm just thinking it's silly with how time consuming stop motion is and the movie's only 90 minutes at best.
It just seems stupid to me.

She's a quirky girl who dyes her hair blue, wears Japanese hats, and has two hot moms.

Pacing issues usually. They thought the movie was better off without them.

Plus they still got to show them off on the dvd. Not a total loss.

She's a cute.

Dyed it.

Also, it's not uncommon for cartoons/animations/whatever to substitute black with blue as a stylistic thing, especially with hair.

>pacing

I can't think of a more retarded reason for deleting someone's hard work from the screen. I would be fucking livid if someone told me that.
How can less than 4 minutes wreck the pacing?

i'm pretty sure you know better than this if you think about it for two seconds

Her beef was that they weren't giving her attention. She probably dyed it as a form of rebellion that backfired when they didn't care enough to stop her (hell, her dad was probably ok with it).

>choosing literal shit over Coraline

I am disappoint in your user

Reading the book before watching the movie was a mistake, the movie's aesthetics are gorgeous but the story is so much worse

Stop.

The lack of attention was clearly temporary due to them working on that gardening catalog or whatever it was. Given the way they act it was clearly very important to the financial well-being of the family. When it goes through they mellow out immensely and immediately pay more attention to her.

>I can't think of a more retarded reason for deleting someone's hard work from the screen. I would be fucking livid if someone told me that.
Dude entire movies have been scrapped near completion, this is nothing.

>gawky dork who can barely dress himself scored with a 7/10 and made a cute kid

God she's ugly. If she's not cute and she doesn't have a decent personality, what does she have?

>implying she's not perfect

She's not, she's just a whiny bitch

Just like real life

the book was just a 100 pages where Coraline has to find a bunch of doo-dads to defeat a big bad. the movie has depth and life such that Gaiman was unable to imbue into the scant few pages he even bothered to write. Coraline the movie is a haunting masterpiece of animation. Coraline the book doesn't even have Wybie. It's dull to read and you rush through it because you know she finds the doo-dads and whatever. Meh. The movie is an experience. The book is forgettable in its wake.

i will never understand feet fetishists
i can understand being attracted to feet, but this is literally a tiny plastic doll with tiny plastic feet
are feet SO AROUSING to you that just the mere shape, the mere IDEA of feet gets you going? to the point where you've actually unironically saved this picture and jerked off to it?
it boggles my mind. it feels like you people have absolutely no standards of quality despite there being plenty of quality foot pictures and art available
i'm not angry, i'm not disgusted, i'm just profoundly confused

Kiss my ass shakah brah

Oh god that's right, she's a dyke too. Why can't you go stink up some other thread, she's not even Sup Forums

What's your issue with dykes?

They ruin everything they're in

John Hodgman is not a hot mom!

They make everything better

Maybe if you have shit taste, and from your like of Chloe we can all tell you have the shittiest of tastes

Maybe they're just not homophobic

There's also the standard "kid unhappy about being moved and losing all her friends"

Also, going by the deleted scenes posted upthread Normal Father accidentally baleeted like two days worth of work in a power interruption, and Normal Mother is in a neck brace the entire movie implying she'd been in some kind of an accident recently.

Well maybe when they start writing better lesbians I'll be able to appreciate them more

And the small conversation between Coraline and real Mom makes it sound like it might have been Coraline's fault, or at least that she was involved somehow

>still no news on Laika's next film

Kubo was last year, give them time to breathe

I heard it was going to be an adaptation of the novel Wildwood.

Mother looks an awful lot like Coraline. It should be obvious, she's her mother after all, but this photo really brings it out.

why are you taking screenshots of tyhe game on ultra low with tesselation off

I just want a teaser poster or a title already. And their gaps between films is supposed to be getting smaller as the years go by.

The t-shirt dedicated to the next film had a "woods" type theme, but doesn't Wildwood have kid characters, which they said weren't going to be included in the next film?

I like this movie's aesthetic so much I pretty much just stole it for my OC's

He's 8 fucking feet tall, he doesn't need to dress well. If anything he settled for her.

>No kid characters

I dunno man, I heard it on a tumblr I follow. For all I know I'm talking out of my ass. It'd be weird if they did it like that though, since Laika's entire formula thus far has been making children's fantasy movies.

t.manlet

Nobody's talking about Other Mom yet?

Was Kubo any good? I still can't believe I missed the film when it was in theaters.

>tfw I missed Kubo in theatres because my roommate dragged me to see fucking Sausage Party

You must kill him.

Will they ever top Coraline or will it remain forever the moment they peaked?

Hella.

Who needs an other mother when you have a really nice hat?

it's on netflix right now. see it if you can. I liked it

The real question is why she has an Imperial Japanese Army cap to begin with.

They don't really want to stick with a formula. Laika likes trying new things with each film. As for the no-kid characters comment, it was mentioned in an interview with Travis Knight last year.

>John Canemaker: You’ve said Kubo is a final culmination of the four features you’ve done that focus on childhood. Where are you and Laika going next?

>Travis Knight: Adulthood. This film is a good bye in a number of different ways. The themes that it deals with – loss and grief. But it also deals with healing, compassion, forgiveness and empathy. And so, it is, effectively, the end of this first cycle of films that we’ve done at the studio. The things we’ve got coming are completely different. Our next film does not feature a child protagonist. I don’t even know that there are any children in it at all. I wouldn’t say it’s adult-oriented. But it’s a different kind of a film for us. It’s still intended for families, but it’s a different kind of a story.

>John Canemaker: Is it a genre film, like film noir or science fiction, or a western?

>Travis Knight: It’s a blend of things we haven’t really tackled before. We’ll probably announce before the end of the year. It’s really interesting aesthetically, tonally. Completely different from what we’ve done before. The thing that excites me is that I know that the handful of films we’ve got coming down the road and they’re so totally different from what we’ve done. The film following the next one, it’s just so unusual, so interesting.

Travis isn't exactly filling me confidence there, but Laika hasn't disappointed me before. I'll probably go see whatever they make next regardless.

Yeah, I can see why they removed most of that.

Some of it was alternate takes but other sequences would have went against the general idea that she wasn't really getting the love and attention she needed from her parents.

About the only thing in there that I would have kept would personally have been the bit about her jumping on the carpet since I don't think that would have have thrown the sequence where she was exploring the house off. It's just a cute bit though like her hanging on the door though and not essential.

Simple. Coraline is a comfort woman.

Found it in some thrift shop and thought it was cool.

In 2009?

>"You're grandma's black, right?"
>"...Uh, yes?"

You know that book was meant for 9 year olds, right? What are you doing reading books for 9 year olds.

>Your grandma's black, right?
Jesus Christ Coraline

>no replies
Fine. I curse you to never have blue hair.

Enjoy.

The question was answered; she dyed it blue. She's really a brunette, the highest form of hair colours.

she's into JoJo

There's already two sets of scenes were she messes with the carpet, I can see why it was cut because it's too much.

Everything in that was worth being cut.

It is a nice hat.

>it feels like you people have absolutely no standards of quality despite there being plenty of quality foot pictures and art available

The easier it is to find, the more boring it is.

What's not to understand?

Are you implying they didn't delete the "your grandmother's black" bit because they chickened out on it?
That had nothing to do with pacing.

Stop turning you on?
Stop motion movies? I don't think so.

>Everything in that was worth being cut.

You disgust me.

Did she in the book?

Nice detail added that they are formerly from Michigan as that's the fountain from the Detroit zoo. (Two bears working over A fountain)

I think the mom snidely says something about the accident being responsible for thwm being behind on the catalog. Likely in response to her mother's apparent attitude, Coraline states it wasn't like it was HER fault the mom "hit that truck" (I believe that was the line), to which the exasperated mom replies that nobody said it was Coraline's fault.

>tfw originally other mother was supposed to be skinner to show she was fitter than her real mom

I don't think that translated into the movie, did it? Unless it was done real subtly. But everyone always talks about how the Other Mother is THICC, so I find this concept art pretty ironic.

This.
Op is a fag who needs to learn his deepest lore.

She's a teenage girl she dyed it

I read somewhere it's just a postman cap.

meant to reply to

Maximum spooky. I love this movie. I'll watch it next month.
I didn't understand a lot from the first watch.

Neil Gaiman thinks that black is cool and managed to nab a fucking rock star.

Foot fetishists have the section of the brain that responds to genitals rewired to the feet.

You didn't know that the Treaty of San Francisco included a provision that nubile young American white women must be regularly sent for a period of service in the barracks of the JSDF?

she has such a cute face when she says that

Go watch Peter Jackson's King Kong, you pleb.

Is that the girl emoji?

yes, and the comic

bitch nigga makin me go through thousands of saved images baka desu desu

i can't find the nice sole shot one of her going through the door unfortunately

Posting cute art 'cause I can.

I can post cute too