Who's more pathetic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fx6cGRbmyq4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ur mom lole

OP

Bill, whatever it is, its always Bill

Unless an episode I missed confirmed their breakup, Teddy still has that potentially psycho widow. Bill is just alone and his friends are all probably with him so he won't kill himself.

Depends on whether you find being aware of your failures more or less pathetic than blissful ignorance.

Bill, though Teddy gets kind of close. Teddy's a bit better because he has something of a social life outside of Bob and he has activities and interests outside his job.

Nah, she was a one-off. Teddy went full Bill in the ep where he bought a boat to impress his ex.

Teddy's a much better friend to Bob than Bill is to Hank at least.

Bill's probably had more genuine moments of happiness. He's had a rough go plenty of times, but he usually has some level of optimism at times.

Meanwhile Teddy is kind of oblivious and just lives on a plateau of mediocrity

Bill has had higher highs and lower lows. So much lower.

Bill, easily.

Teddy is a simple man with simple aspirations, in a simple town. He's content.

Bill was a high school football champ in a suburban Texas town in the 70s. He probably went through life being cushioned from every possible consequence of his actions, remember how Arlen treated that one idiot jock that Peggy tried to tutor? I imagine it was much the same with Bill. He was constantly told not to worry about anything, that he was a natural talent who would one day play in the NFL because goddamnit, the town NEEDS to believe that one of the Longhorns will make good. I don't remember if they ever got into why Bill's football career died before it began, but he ultimately decided to join the army and marry his first girlfriend out of high school, a terrible double-whammy that sealed his mediocrity and caused the town (except for his true friends) to turn its back on him.

Bill is sadder because we see glimpses of the man he once was and could be again, if he didn't have the lack of wherewithal that, again, comes from being insulated from failure his whole young life.

There's LOTS of similarities between Bill and Teddy but I think Bill is sadder because King of the Hill is more down to earth than Bob's Burgers, so his situation feels more real than Teddy's does.

But yeah, the one thing really holding Teddy down is his lack of a love life, but he's been shown to be somewhat more successful with women than Bill ever was.

youtu.be/fx6cGRbmyq4

You're partially right with Bill but you really pay attention you'll catch glimpses of Bill describing an abusive childhood where his father constantly beat him and locked him in a shed.

I think the real sad one we're overlooking is Jimmy Pesto. He's divorced runs a sub par restaurant, his kids are retarded and his only friend is a toadie

Yeah but Jimmy is an asshole.

yeah but that's the whole thing. Is he an asshole because his life sucks or does his life suck because he's an asshole? He acts like he has something to prove

wonder if his life would improve if he stops being a dick to Bob.

Well Bob seems to form actual lasting friendship with people generally easily so if nothing else he'd gain a real friend.

We are given every indication Jimmy's restaurant is more financially stable than bobs. Failure's in his personal life aside, Jimmy's probably got a ton of money, because he's got customers.

sometimes it feels like jimmy would take a loss financially if it means he can screw bob, like in the float episode.

also does Bill have awesome surrogate dad moment with Bobby like Teddy throwing a moped off a cliff because the owner screwed with Tina?

Hank is Bill's surrogate father, brother, teacher and God

A challenger approaches...

Yeah but I bet he gets raped in alimony

NEVER

EVER

GO

FULL

BILL

>We are given every indication Jimmy's restaurant is more financially stable than bobs.
We're also given every indication it's a terrible restaurant that only gets by because he's the only pizzeria. He uses HORSE MEAT, for god's sake.

He tried to teach Bobby his families BBQ secrets until his gay cousin ruined that for him.

Bill chose to be in the shit, never could stand an episode focused on him after he broke up with the governor just because Lenor came back. The Macho Man episode made him a complete asshole too.

No one will ever be sadder than Bill.

>Bill - the kind of pathetic you feel bad for
>Teddy - the kind of pathetic you laugh at

Plus he has beer.

user, he is second place on that, not because he is less miserable, but because he is just not allowed to win on anything.

At least Teddy has a fulfilling job unlike Bill. A military barber is the dead end job of the Army

THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON!

and i bet the ex doesn't take the kids at all