People always say it, but would the movie have actually been better if he was a real super dog?

People always say it, but would the movie have actually been better if he was a real super dog?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, that is a movie that I would have watched. As it is, I have never seen that film.

it would've been better if they had fucked

Wow, the background looks like Gothic 3.

It would be a different movie, i wouldn't call it better or worse, but a different experience from what we got.

I say yes. That first trailer I saw looked awesome for the first like 15 - 20 seconds where it looked like it was a movie about a super dog. Then we found out it was a stupid tropey movie. "Oh he thinks it's real but it's all in his head like buzz lightyear, ho hum."

Did the cat fuck the dog?

I was expecting them to fuck at the end and somehow make catdog hybrids.

It would've been much worse, being a clone of those million other movies with a virtually identical setup.

What was this movie based on? Usually Disney bases their movies on books or anime.

I'm pretty sure they were both fixed. Mittens was, for sure, since she was also declawed.

I never thought about it, but now that you mention it that would probably make the movie much better. I don't even remember anything about that film other than the premise and that retarded hamster.

Belive me, if you have both a cat and a dog and they don't fight, they are fucking

I think it'd be better if it was a super dog who THOUGHT he was normal and was oblivious to the utter chaos he causes every day thru the most mundane of actions.

That would be so cute.

I'll never know why people prefer cat over dogs. Dogs are the best.

It's actually one of my favorite Disney animated films of all time and it's really underrated.

Granted, it's not Treasure Planet-tier underrated or The Hunchback of Notre Dame-tier great but it's still really great.

Literally this.

This would probably be also good and cute.
But for some reason, that sounds too similar to Lilo and Stitch.

You know this from experience?

Considering that one of the main themes was that just because Life is mundane doesn’t mean it isn’t still worth while, it either would have been a retarded asspulls that contradicted the entire movie, or they would have had to rearrange the entire movie to work around it like said.

Married your imaginary girlfriend yet?

Well only in that Stitch was treated like a dog and super fucking destructive initially but not really otherwise.

No, super pets is just too many themes and calls back to the more ridiculous parts of superhero universes.

No. I prefer that he was a normal dog. I think it was cute he saves the day by barking at a vent. He didn't go extreme and throw the girl over his back and carry him out. It was a pretty realistic, "Our cat called 911!" heroic scenario.

I am assuming that there is a story behind this.

people already eat up garbage like pop music and pop artists in heaps, are into shit blogging websites, sitcoms and terrible humor, what did you expect?

the internet is/used to be insanely obsessed with them, and with a generation full of tweens raised by the internet it's only logical they'd inherit some of its shit.

javascript:quote('96192221');

It wash an original idea by Chris Sanders, about an actual superhero dog, it was bit too crazy. Mittens was one eyed deformed cat from post nuclear setting or something. Lasseter fired him and replaced with Byron Howard who made it about pets. And that guy made Edgetopia recently. Funny how it goes.

Not quite. In his movie, American Dog, the main character was an actor and knew he was an actor. It's just that, when he got lost in the midwest, he thought that he was still being filmed and that it was part of the movie. He could also talk to humans, which would have been pretty fucking stupid.

At the very least I am damn sure they engaged in some consensual cuddling.

This is one of my favorite Disney movies if not my favorite. Really resonated with me for some reason.

>he could talk to humans.
>stupid.

Cats Don't Dance.

I find both premises meh. Sanders is only good with strange creatures with pointy teeth.

I loved their relationship. It was cute. Fuck the girl.

And the character that the actor dog played was more of a funny animal James Bond.

Lasseter canned it because he hated Lilo and Stitch and would rather have a bland mashup of Buzz Lightyear's character arc with Thunderbolt from 101 Dalmatians then something weird and original.

The best part of Bolt is about how it tricked a Scientologist into playing a character who believes he has wacky sci-fi superpowers, only to find out that his life is a total lie.

I don't think that was the reason, he loves depressing stories ( m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms) It must be the test audience who said no to the idea.
There must be invented a new way to make good AND profitable movies.

>Calls it something weird and original
>after immediately comparing it to LILO and Stitch
user this would have been Gay as fuck and you know it.

What is it with Pixar/Disney and James Bond?

Spy movies were all the rage couple of years ago. They wanted to piggybank on it.
It's not uncommon for Disney, for example Black Cauldron was made because fantasy was very popular in 80s thanks to Tolkien.

What's the current fad?

I liked this movie, I feel they could have been more ambitious with it in scale.

its surprising how much interaction between the characters carried it, considering that this part is usually pretty shit in most movies.

They tried an interspecies relationship before of Judy and Nick, but it seems like no one remember them now, I found it a little sad because they are a great duo and that's weird in an animatic movie.

that user isa cat with belly full o puppers

I still ship it.

Maybe, but in the end I really like it, the animal group was fun and cute