What are your thoughts on japanese media influencing western media and vice-versa?

What are your thoughts on japanese media influencing western media and vice-versa?

>All Might as radioactive spider
Dropped.

What is there to think about it? They've been influencing each other for decades.

Like anything else, it's a mixed bag. It can be good. Stuff like Murata's Spidey art is amazing. But it can also be bad, like the 5000 fucking threads of how would DC/Marvel handle overpowered Dragonball character.

All Might as the radioactive spider would have been hilarious but realistically it should have been Uncle Ben. I know Uncle Ben dies before Peter really becomes Spider-Man but Izuku technically isn't a pro hero yet so whatever.

FMA and BNHA are proof anime is better whit a bit of westboo mixed in.

Doesn't anime only exist because of Donald Duck?

it makes me want to kill myself because they always do it wrong
example in pic related
oh boy another western magical girl but it's western so it can't be good

>thin Dekumom
Blasphemy.

>heroes must register with the government
>in the western comics, civil war among heroes
>meanwhile in eastern manga, its accepted as perfectly makes sense
The difference between the two culture's views on it is neat.

I dislike how in most Japanese superhero works, the heroes seem to be in constant competition with one another to be the "top hero" instead of just working together.

>FMA
Shit
>BNHA
Good

Sometimes they can make the best shit ever.

I like it because some anal-ravaged anons on Sup Forums can use this as an excuse to hurl baseless insults at Sup Forums.

>FMA
>Bad
What you smoking son? Can I get some?

I'll take the friendly competition between heroes from Hero Academia rather than Marvel having them fight between themselves every year.

Its cool, for the west when you get past the Deviant Art barrier you can find some really cool shit, for the east its always nice to see westaboos who like comics or classic Disney making references

>looking for anime inspired shit on tumblr
There is your problem

You're right. MOOOOORE WHEATCAAAAAKES!

At least with anime and manga I can watch stuff and talk about it without the threads being used as a staging ground for a culture war between two different flavors of shitheads.
So yeah, let Japan do capes. Then I can leave this festering bog of dye haired harpies and crybaby neonazi frogs behind.

This week Reddit Academy had the biggest ass pull chapter i've seen
>O MY REWIND QUIRK
Fucking wew

One of the things I don't like about this series is that he keeps taking off his fucking mask.
2nd deku isn't spiderman. He doesn't follow the rules of a school in super hero form.

>he thinks the West can't into magical girls
You are like a little baby.
Watch this!

I>1. mages and discussion should pertain to media of Western origin.

Did Binary influence Super-Saiyans?

American comics could stand to take some inspiration from Japanese comics when it comes to pacing. Everything doesn't have to be GO GO GO all the time.

Monkey God golden stare. Sun Wukong had a lot of powers, much like a superhero. Also did you know that Cú Chulainn rage would warp reality around his body, and could hurt other people near him? He was the Hulk before there was a Hulk.

Without the fetishes and waifus that show is nothing.

GO GO GO is what sells in America. Humorous stories about the F4 trying to figure out how to get back into their home after they were late paying the rent due to saving the world from alien invasion? Booooooooooooooring, America hates comedy, show them Iron Man getting punched in the face with a sun and now we're talkin'.

So is Sailor Moon.

Undoubtedly a product of globalism. Possibly the only thing that came out of it that's good. Because the different ideologies and philosophies clash we get unique stuff on both ends that are definitely interesting. Some cancer is ought to be produced as well, true, but anything that takes a different approach is a good thing in my book. On the whole Japan seems to open up in a lot of fronts. Thus the rise of westaboo artists on tumblr and such happen, who always make good content.

tl;dr bretty good if you ask me

Actually Deku is Deadpool

LMFAO dude, that show has Avatar-level writing.
The waifus just make it even better than Avatar.

Also I'm not aware of any specific fetishes in it...

Funny how the best X-Men story in recent memory didn't come from Marvel.

wouldn't deku be captain marvel & all might be the wizard shazam?

Would all might teach him about the white man's burden?

Bloody hell Sun Wukong was a total marysue, had infinite random bullshit powers he pulled out of his ass and never let any of the other team members have any significance.

they probably used the idol industry as an influence for how superheroes in japan would be like.

what i don't like is how most of the are either pricks save for maybe like 3 or 4 of the main characters or would fit better as villains like deku's edgy rival with the explosion powers

is all might even white and/or american?

Darkseid is.

Bakugo is a asshole but he loves almight with a passion

>is all might even white and/or american?

Nope. He's Japanese. Why his SMASHes are named after American cities is a mystery.

>BNHA
>Good
Well I guess if you like overused shonen cliches, cringy comedy, a Shinji amount of crying, and the same recycled plot formula from the first arc for every arc than you’ll probably enjoy it

A fucking mistake

Not all the time though

>literally poisoned the brand with autistic weebs & manchirldren who can't let go
>not a mistake

why do you watch/read japanese cartoons/comics then? because they all have that shit now.

why do you keep posting your shitty oc image in every unrelated thread and why does it look like my schizophrenic cousin's collages that he spams everybody's facebook with

>literally poisoned the brand with autistic weebs & manchirldren who can't let go

Your show sucks, Titan Go team. It's not the original show's fault. It's not the fan's fault. It's not Young Justice or the franchise or the brand or DC Comics. The problem is your particular show, in particular.

Get the fuck over yourselves.

>he thinks i'm ONLY talking about TTgo

that's cute

neo yokio is way better than teen titans

>why do you watch/read japanese cartoons/comics then? because they all have that shit now
I don’t do those anymore because of that reason. I still watch or read stuff that doesn’t have that cliche, like OPM for moderate shits and giggles but that’s pretty much it, since now the universally accepted claim that anime is trash is true now, albeit with some diamonds in the rough (BNHA not being one of them)

Fuck off Sup Forums

You’re either on several layers of irony or trying to justify you wasting 8 bucks on a service that removes all its good 3rd party shows and replaces them with shit originals no one wanted

>I still watch or read stuff that doesn’t have that cliche
>like OPM

He’s already the strongest so there’s no cliche of crying your way to strength like Naruto, BNHA, TTGL, etc

>reddit Academy

Couldn't find an actual HD pic?

That's like saying Samurai Jack or Teen Titans are proof that cartoons are better with a bit of weeaboo mixed in.

“What do I look like”

true but alot of OPM is essentially a parody/satire of most of those cliche/tropes you complain about.

Man, Deku crying is a fun gag after the first few episodes. You need to relax.

Also
>TTGL
You're just trying to start shit, but I'm still annoyed.

True that, but it’s funny because it’s a parody of them, instead of actually implementing it into the story

Shut up faggot. Go suck off a mod's dick some more than post.

>ATLA
>GLTAS
Actually, its true.

being fair both sides of the argument are not wrong. we probably wouldn't have shows like samurai jack, avatar and megas XLR without those eastern influences (TT without eastern influences would've just been in the timm artstyle that the DCAU had)

and on the flipside things like big O, cowboy bebop and berserk wouldn't have happened without western influences

>what i don't like is how most of the are either pricks save for maybe like 3 or 4 of the main characters or would fit better as villains like deku's edgy rival with the explosion powers

You are missing completely the point. Someone can be a prick and dedicate his life to help people, you saying that he should be a vilain because you dont like his attittude, while ignoring his actual heroic actions is faggototry.

How to make a magical girl on tumbrl
>Make her in her late teens to early 20s
>Make her physically unfitting for the role of a super hero, ie out of shape
>Make her jaded and grumpy because thats so unique to have character who is based on bright and cheerful themes to be grumpy and irritated by her role
>Ugly or annoying mascot character, because that is also a unique take on the concept, right?
>Bonus points if she drinks or smokes, just to show up jaded and tough she is while being a magical girl
>Also generic magical girl staff or wand instead of a unique take on their magical girl tools

Not enough. I want more full helms instead of cowls and masks

I unironically lied future's end superman.

>fucking MCU Spidey

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>liked

also forgot the pic.

I want more drill-swords

first of all, twitter
second of all, the artist is a french professional animator and artist that has worked on Lastman, you fucking idiot

that was made when the concept wasn't exploited by gross western hands, and for that matter it's a sincere attempt at the genre and not "what if sailor moon was fat and ugly?"

the worst part of teen titans always was the "anime humor"

All Might could potentially be either, as the source of his inspiration AND the source of his powers.

sorry but Sup Forums shitposters aren't actually a representative or relevant demographic

isn't he talking about the normie comic book reader in the states, though?

All Might is a westaboo who loves American culture. That's why.

normies have been fleeing print media in droves for a while now and there's literally nothing that can stop it other than maybe an apocalypse that shuts down the power grid for a generation or two

Saved

Wasn't it "if you have powers at all you have to register"? That's quite a bit different than just heroes registering.

Yes, but his point remains the same. Japan's acceptance of this system vs. civil war in western comics.

Not really, more like it contributed. Tezuka ripped off Barks comics and got a career and then made Mushi Productions which helped inspired the next generation of creators and also fostered talent which would run off to other studios because Mushi Pro was ran like garbage

I think another good thing to come out of this cross-pollination are all the french-japanese coproductions, Ulysses 31 and "Once upon a time..." being older examples and Oban Star Racers being a more recent one.

You ass you got me all excited that they fixed Mirio. Instead it's just giving Deku 100% One for All

No one can match Shinji for crying. That little shit just shuts down when he cries. At least Steven Universe I mean Deku does something about why he's crying instead of letting everyone around him die.

For some reason when the west does an animation in the style of anime it always looks off, the only exception being Frog shows like Wakfu, but when Nips do it, it looks great

Thats because usually, when the west does animation in Eastern style, it's either a parody, so they don't even try to make it look good, or it's only kind of using Eastern style to make their animation a little prettier.

Inevitable. Very few western creators manage to actually pull off anime parodies though; the exceptions being actual fans of anime themselves like Trey Parker and Ian Jones Quartey.

This.
What does being #1 Hero in bnha even mean? It seems so unnecessary, but shoenen protagonist always need a goal to strive for.

we need MORE decompression
fuck off you casual

>filthy longsword instead of a honorable katana
Fucking westaboos, I swear.

>"what is your opinion on this Sup Forums related thing, Sup Forums?"
>actual discussion about the differences and relations between the two mediums
>people giving their own opinions and insights
>a few guys shitting on either of the sides as usual

>"what is your opinion on this Sup Forums related thing, Sup Forums?"
>99% triggered Sup Forumsnons telling you to fuck off and shitposting
>almost reads like the written version of having a tantrum
>mods getting a rain of reports

As a guy who has been browsing both boards for years I still don't understand this huge difference. I mean, it makes sense they would reject a thread about a specific series, but to get triggered by any kind of conversation about the western & japanese mediums themselves? The hell.

All might should be Ezekiel

>FMA
>Bad
What? that's probably one of the best shonens we got in like decades.

If he only saw the first anime, I can see how he'd think that. FMA is also a fandom that suffers from rose-tinted fanatics proclaiming it the masterpiece of the medium. It's a good 7 or 8 out of 10, which is certainly respectable.

If you think FMA fandom is bad wait to see HxH fandom. Those fuckers think shit it's japanese Watchmen.