Avengers No Surrender Pages

Black Order and Lethal Legion (?). And Voyager

What's the Ray doing in Marvel?

And when did Supergiant and Black Dwarf come back from the dead?

>V for vagina
Oh I get it

Hello, new reaction.

What is that squid thing? He is cute.

I know death dosen't mean shit in cape comics, Especially at Marvel. But wasn't most of the Black Order slaughtered with Maw being a ghost? Or do I call time-Travel shenanigans?

So was one of the blood brothers, but marvel editors and the acting writers just don't care anymore and their excuses are laughable.

They're probably chuck every questionable decision to the reset caused by the end of God Emperor Doom event.

My god, the guys of the Black Order are such fucking non entities. They look and act like villains from a an anime filler.

the black order is showing up in the new movie so I guess they're back now

Is that dude a Kree officer?

This. Can people stop using Hickman's shitty OC's?

They're like the miniboss teams the Power Rangers would fight. They're lame as fuck.

They've ALL come back from the dead, Corvus, Proxima and Black Swan died in the ANAD era, and Ebony Maw was revealed to be a ghost all along.
I guess that since Thanos' is Death's on-again off-again boyfriend, she gave him a favor.

Why is Black Swan even with the Black Order? She only joined up with Thanos to blow up planets and stop the Incursions, now that that's done with she has no reason to hang out with these guys, this isn't even her home universe.

>Can people stop using Hickman's shitty OC's?
Considering they're going to be in Infinity War? Nope.

The Death of Jane Foster, eh, Aaron? You fuck.

Are any of the guys in the Lethal Legion pre-existing characters? I don't recognize any of them.

Looks cool.
Do I buy the first issue?

The head looks like a Rigellian Conqueror. Considering it's the Lethal Legion I'm going to say it's a revived Tana Nile.

I dunno desu. Whoever they are their costumes are new.

Black Swan is still alive? And still rolling around with Thanos' crew?

Why? She has literally no reason to side with him.

$4.99 then $3.99 weekly after that for at least 16 weeks

>Lethal Legion (?).

Not Grim Reaper and his crew, just some aliens.

Why, Marvel?

Female champion?

Supergiant and Black Swan will probably get re-killed off since they're not in the movie.

>Pepe Larraz being wasted on the Black order
I'm mad

Blood brothers? Same body shape and ridges in their heads but pink skin?

I'm assuming the two on the right are redesigned Blood Brothers. Between the fin and the star, I think the guy in front is probably Kree.

Dont know, the brothers look reminds me of the acolyte in x-men with the conjured hip and legs.
The Looks more like a captain Marvel mixed with a nova corp member.
The amazon reminds me of a buffed up Caiera the Oldstrong from planet Hulk.

Presumable Thanos is sending both the BO and the LL, so yeah, Blood Brothers is a pretty safe bet. I imagine the rest are OCs.

She was with Proxima Midnight working for Thanos in the Unworthy Thor and said to be part of the Black Order. No explanation was given for why she was there.

Voyager aka val vs black swan aka Val.

Black Swan joined up with the Black Order after Secret Wars. That aside, all 6 of them were killed so they're all being brought back.

Corvus killed himself in the Thanos ongoing. Supergiant and Black Dwarf were killed in Infinity. Proxima and Black Swan were killed by Hela in Unworthy Thor. And Ebony Maw is a G-G-G-GHOST!

Presumably because she has nothing better to do. I imagine Reed didn't bother to remake her Earth, and even if he did, she wouldn't really have a place there since she likely would have just been replaced by a not-death cultist version of herself in that universe.

She probably just took a liking to murder, and Thanos is all about that shit.

>They're like the miniboss teams the Power Rangers would fight
That's exactly what they're supposed to be. They're Thanos' mini-bosses. People for the heroes to beat up to get to Thanos.

But they have human skin color.

They still have the ridges.

Hi I'm back

Ok good point.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with the concept of the Black Order, it's why they're used so much in games, TV shows and now the movies, they serve a narrative purpose that for years had been missing in Thanos stories (unless you count the Blood Brothers). All we need is for comics writers to use them better than Hickman did.

This here.
Dont know if its just we are too old for this kind of stories, aka read too much stories. Or it is because we dont live in pre 2000`s. With Youtube, netflix, wikipedia and digital library, we all know and read so much, that the stories have to be better written than.

>Pepe Larraz drawing anniversary issue of main Avengers title
>wasted
what?

Please don't get my hopes up.

>Considering it's the Lethal Legion I'm going to say it's a revived Tana Nile.
What does it being the Lethal Legion have to do with that possibly being a revived character? Are you getting them mixed up with the Legion of the Unliving again?

>Lethal Legion
>No Grim Reaper even though Wonder Man is on the Avengers
Weird, looks like he'll stay dead a little while longer

I am. But there is a precedent with the version that had Himmler and Stalin.

>And I'm calling myself Spectrum now.

He doesn't want to die again, does he?

It was bugging me.

But they have such great designs. I'm glad they're back, I thought they were thrown away too easily.

Checked

What the fuck was Nicieza's problem with that New Thunderbolts run? What an utterly bad end for Genis.

>Thanos needed a squad of minibosses

Fuck no. He's Thanos, not Lord Zedd.

Because the best part of any classic Thanos story is when attention is taken from Thanos and his plots to focus on the heroes rough housing with a cast of flavorless uninteresting characters.

Agreed. Although I wasnt necessarily bothered by Hickman's use of his OC's any more than his generally mediocre wielding of character throughout. Those plots though.

Looks like this Lethal Legion has nothing to do with previous ones, considering they're all aliens. Plus them having the Blood Brothers on the team and attacking Earth alongside the Black order, they're probably serving Thanos.

I'd wager that the Black Order and Lethal Legion are probably having a contest to see who can conquer Earth for Thanos.

He was told by the higher-ups to kill Genis., probably as part of their plans to make Gravity the new Captain Marvel.

I'm unironically happy to see the Black Order back. After playing Marvel Future Fight practically every day for two years now and generally liking Hickvengers, I've grown attached to these losers.

Solicits make it sound like both groups just want to fight each other and aren't really trying to conquer the Earth, though.

You don't have to hide your opinion mate, I agree with the sentiment.

It's still surprising that he didn't rise from his shallow grave, undead and angry, at the worst possible moment in King's Vision series.

But Darkseid has his own set of minions; why can't Thanos?

Sounds about right. I'm cool with that. Provides a decent excuse to break the Avengers into squads, fighting a couple baddies from the squared off villain groups at a time.

Are this guys connected with the Thanos recreated by Reed or with the Thanos that escaped from oblivion? What happened with Maker?

Because

1. All his New God underlings go to display some sort of characteristic of Darksied himself. They're effectively extensions of him. Desaad is his cruelty. Granny is his total control of the individual. Glorious Godfrey is his cult of personality.

The Black Order doesn't have any connection to Thanos besides "lol we like killing".

2. Darksied has always been a ruler of Apokalips. He's made to have underlings. The best Thanos stories are about him and his personnel pursuits like Infinity Gauntlet.

3. Granny alone is ten times better than the entire Black Order combined.

>In a contest to see who can conquer Earth for Thanos

This is so retarded.

>All his New God underlings go to display some sort of characteristic of Darksied himself. They're effectively extensions of him. Desaad is his cruelty. Granny is his total control of the individual. Glorious Godfrey is his cult of personality.
What's Kanto?

Shouldn't Black Swan be a Doom villain? Trying to get revenge on him for using her? What is she doing as a Thanos lackey?

I definitely thought that which made me think Kree looking fin guy was a redesigned Oort the Living Comet. Which would be terrible because I liked Oort's design.

Fact #616
Avengers are shittier than shithumans

Maker has been off doing his own thing over in Ewing's New Avengers and Ultimates.

The tiny sliver of honor he had during Kirby's run.

So it's pretty much a givel that they'll blow their load art-wise in the first 2 issues and the next ones will be JRJR Avengers vs Xmen #1 tier?

Proxima Midnight used to be taller?

I was hoping Larraz or someone would update Miguel's design. Maybe Coipel just didn't get the memo.

The Black Order is back?

The one that escaped from Oblivion. The Thanos from Universe-7.

The one that Reed recreated retired happily to Death's realm and will likely never be seen again unless Starlin decides to do another Thanos story.

Yeah, they're being brought back for No Surrender.

I'm gay, what's a "lethal legion"

A squad of Joseph Stalin, Lizzie Borden, Lucrezia Borgia, and Heinrich Himmler with superpowers.

>unless Starlin decides to do another Thanos story.
We already know he will.

What the fuck is this?

Infinity 2: Infinite Harder

In most incarnations, they're just a Masters of Evil-type "team of supervillains." Usually with one or two villains that end up becoming a hero or vice-versa. In one incarnation, they were the souls of evil historical figures that were re-incarnated by Satannish into supervillains.

In this incarnation, they seem to just be a team of evil aliens, probably serving Thanos, and completely unaffiliated with the previous Lethal Legions.

That was only one incarnation. Lethal Legion is classically Grim Reaper and whatever Morts he could come up with. Guys like Man Ape and Whirlwind.

Unlettered pages from Avengers: No Surrender.

Avengers is going weekly starting in January. Storyline is called No Surrender.

Neat. I kind of stopped reading Avengers because it felt inconsequential even if it was fun enough. I guess it's time to get back into it.

What is Hank's face trying to convey in that third panel?

...what if...Black Swan is Voyager?

>Her still has the scouter
Well, at least he'll be able to tell what everyone's power levels are.

Well, Herc is at God level that's for sure.

Has anyone actually read Waidvengers? Is Herc entertaining or just window dressing?

Kobik

Originally, the Masters of Evil were villains taken from the individual Avengers' solo books, while the Lethal Legion were villains who made their debut within Avengers, but by the 1970s, Whirlwind had been on both teams.

I personally find him entertaining, I just think it's a waste that he and Jane Thor barely interact and the fact that Herc tried to bang her years ago and fought Thor over her is never brought up.