So did they succeed in making Gwen un-attractive in the reboot?

So did they succeed in making Gwen un-attractive in the reboot?

Other urls found in this thread:

ben10club.org/topic/346/i-met-the-creators-of-ben-10-today-at-new-york-comic-con-2017/51
twitter.com/AnonBabble

maybe to try and stop all the rule 34 but it still didn't stop them.

No, she’s just boring. Not particularly good or bad, just not noteworthy, like the rest of that show.

She's just cute now.
Which in the eyes of the internet, means no.

They made her a child again, user. They failed spectacularly.

Nope. She still looks better here than she does as a Teenager.

Speaking of which did anyone else here see Man of Action's recent interview about the Ben 10 series?

I could post it here if anyone wants to see

Just give us the short version of what they said.

>TFW seeing MegaSweet's art of reboot Gwen and Frightwig

I don't see it on rule34.

>So did they succeed in making Gwen un-attractive in the reboot?
No, omniverse was the closest(when she was a teen not a girl). This version is actually the cutest version of gwen

Next Ben 10 series will use the Big Mouth character designer.

Don’t even joke about that you monster.

nah, itll go even further down the calarts spectrum

ben10club.org/topic/346/i-met-the-creators-of-ben-10-today-at-new-york-comic-con-2017/51

It's just basically some stuff like:

>MOA saying that they never cared for Ben growing up into a Teenager. They've preferred that he stay perpetually 10 years old (hence the Title Ben 10) to appeal and relate more to Children

>The OS, UAF, OV, and The Reboot are all Canon but they are all from different Alternate Realities/Timelines

>Ben and Gwen were originally intended to be Brother and Sister but change them into cousins. The reason why Ben and Gwen are much more nicer to each other in the Reboot is because too many fans of OS kept taking their Bickering as Sexual Tension.
(This also completely debunks the whole rumor that Gwen was supposed to be Ben's Classmate/Love Interest)

>Speaking of Gwen, MOA express a lot of Disappointment at the way the Sequels handled her. They thought she was "Too Girly, Too much of a Damsel in Distress, and placed Too much emphasis on her being a Love Interest for Kevin".

>They said not to expect any Romance or Shipping in the Reboot. To MOA, Ben 10 isn't supposed to have Romance as a big part of it since it's mainly an Action/Adventure show. (So we may not have to worry too much about Ben hooking up with Kai or Gwen hooking up with Kevin in this show)

>They also said that preferred a Lighter Tone to the Series (like OS, OV, and the Reboot) rather than a Darker Tone (like UAF)

>They was supposed to be a Theatrical Movie but it got put on Hold

>Though they disagreed with a lot of what the Sequels did, they're still respectful of the Sequel Writers and the job that they did (hence why characters like Billy Billions, Michael Morningstar, and Rath are all in the Reboot)

>They liked all the Aliens but felt like the Sequels had way too many of them

>They could not answer beyond "Just keep watching" when asked if Charmcaster or Kevin will show up in the Reboot

>Appeal and relate more to children.

They have that fucking demographic on lock-down. Children can be appealed with more serious toned shows.

>Kept taking their bickering as sexual tension

They knew what they were doing, and I appreciated it.

>Sequels had way too many

I agree, seemed like the producers wanted to make it out as a pokemon mirror show.

>The reason why Ben and Gwen are much more nicer to each other in the Reboot is because too many fans of OS kept taking their Bickering as Sexual Tension.
That is a foolish decision. Regardless of how you interpret their bickering, Ben and Gwen’s interactions were one of the most fun parts of the OS. Removing an element that worked well like that because you dislike that people used it for something as trivial as shipping, is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Let alone the sheer arrogance this implies the creator’s have, Thinking they have the ability to control a fandom.

Also
>They also said that preferred a Lighter Tone to the Series (like OS, OV, and the Reboot) rather than a Darker Tone (like UAF)
I disagree with them, but I suppose this is just a matter of personal taste.

Honestly, I think they gave up. It couldn't get any worse than Alien Force.

Although I'm still pissed off about the "Magic? No, Alien DNA" bullshit the pulled.

To be fair, they half-retconned/ignored that when they brought Charmcaster back in AF.

Also some other stuff I forgot to mention.

>MOA said that they Disliked Gwen being an Alien and preferred the Series to have a little more Variety. So they would've preferred keeping Gwen's Magic as Magic

>They've expressed a little bit of Interest in maybe making a Netflix Ben 10000 Spin-off aimed at an Adult Audience one day. But for now, they're focusing on Ben 10 being for a Children's Audience.

Great now I want an Adult Ben 10k Spin-off

Personally, I’d prefer a non-retcon happy Alien Force do-over that follows Ben on his journey to becoming Ben 10000. I’m far more interested in the events that would happen and journeys of growth he would get him and the world to that state than the Capeshit he would get up to once he’s already at the top.

Honestly, the reboot isn't THAT bad. It's not great, but it's probably the least-shit reboot that's come out on CN in recent years.

I fap to her so no

The sequals were better, ben was always cooler as a teenager

Maybe conceptually, but execution wise no. Al the sequels had their own host of fuck ups.

>They prefer him as a 10 year old to appeal and relate more to Children

This is stupid. We've had Teenage Ben for almost a Decade. I don't think they had too many problems making him work for children.

>Ben and Gwen were originally supposed to be Brother and Sister

Okay this makes sense, especially when you remember that they share the same Birthday. Them being twins wouldn't have been a far stretch.

>The reason why Ben and Gwen are much more nicer to each other in the Reboot is because too many fans of the OS kept taking their Bickering as Sexual Tension

Now this is just plain Stupid. Fans will see a lot of stupid shit that isn't there. Because Shippers are inherently stupid. But Ben and Gwen Bickering were what made the OS so damn memorable. It's fucking retarded to erase it because of shipping.

>Speaking of Gwen, MOA expressed a lot of Disappointment at the way the Sequels handled her

Well at least we can agree on that

>They said don't expect any Romance or Shipping in the Reboot

Thank God. The Romance was by FAR the worst aspect of this series. And I hope we never get to endure Ben hooking up with Worst Girl ever again.

>They also said that they prefer a lighter tone to the Series (like OS, OV, and The Reboot) rather than a Darker Tone (like UAF)

I disagree but each to their own

>They liked all the Aliens but felt like the Sequels had too many of them

Agree so Hard.

>They Disliked Anodite Gwen

Well no shit. Who didn't?

> They have expressed interest in making an Adult Ben 10K series

Why is everyone so obsessed with the Ben 10k AU? I find it kinda Bland desu... Ben grows into a generic capacity Superheroes with a Son who's basically a Clone of him. How original...

She never was.

Shut up Boco

Yes sir...

No that's not an acceptable answer Boco, you fight back right now and stop being a cuck.

Bend over, Boco

>The reason why Ben and Gwen are much more nicer to each other in the Reboot is because too many fans of OS kept taking their Bickering as Sexual Tension.

I thought of their bickering as sexual tension in the original, but I consider their niceness in the reboot to be straight up flirting.

I grew up on alien force so to me it was perfect

so instead of sexual tension, they're now just casual fuck buddies. problem solved?

So did I. Doesn’t mean I can’t see now how lazy they were when it came to working with the continuity and how many cool ideas they threw away just because they couldn’t be bothered to try and think up a way to not contradict the established canon. Still loved the atmosphere though. Glad they managed to nail that.

You think MOA know about the piles of Gwen Rule34 out there?

I feel as though you would find a sexual implication even if they never interacted

I Think he’s just biased because he shipped them before and wants to continue finding reasons to ship them again.

I never shipped them, but I do admit the view that was imposed on me previously is painting my current view of them in the reboot, just saying that their fix didn't work.

Oh yeah, obviously it wouldn’t. Fandoms are cults of ideas, not personality, and “Word of God” is just a meme. A fandom will just as easily tear a creator apart/ignore them for doing something fucking stupid as they will slobber their knobs for doing something right.

Ironically the best version of Gwen was also from Omniverse.

Fuck, I cosign with almost everything this man says. I'd love a Ben 10k spin off

She was never attractive

Will they explain the awful animation this has?

Shes just a cute tomboy helpful kid, which only make the Internets Penis harder.

Think of Clem from Walking dead.

I've never watch Ben 10, but is Gwen anything but the useless girl?

She was more useful in the original show. But not the reboot.

nope, still fap to her

So wheres the proof they've been constantly redesigning her to deter pedo fanartists? I'm curious if they actually found the commissions. Have they issued a statement?

cute as fucking shit, I never liked ben ten before this

it boggles me, Gwen is hot conceptually so making her this young is suspect to me. hollywood is pedo

What kind of other stuff do you think fans've asked Tara Strong or a Man of Action to sign at cons?

I remember a guy asked for Tara to sign his man-boobs once at a Bronycon

I don't get it.

Years ago, most of you hated the franchise to the point of shitposting every thread. Present time you don't hate it anymore, but now hate the changes they made in the sequels/reboots.

What in the world happened? I guess being near base 4 tells a lot from me and probably new underage lurkers are now posting.

>Years ago, most of you hated the franchise
Nice bullshit

can't people change their minds?

I don't deny not many people liked it from the start, but in paper the idea of a boy using a watch that can make you an alien to fight evil sounds good. The show is actually fun and enjoyable.

Good lord no, they improved her by about 200%. Way more cute, and curbed some of that sassy smug shit.

Smug loli, best loli

>Sup Forums’s population is permanently locked in stasis, with no new members funneling in or out and it’s members Having hearts and minds set in stone
user, as much as it seems to be the opposite and as much as we try to act otherwise, we are all still people.

Smug lolis are proof of God, heretic.

Bunch of goddamn heathens, you lot. I bet you prefer your "loli" 13 and up.