Does Brevoort know anything about Marvel?

Hasn't the Universe been called 616 several times since this post?
Is this a solitary fuckup, or does he have a record of speaking out of his ass and contradicting the actual comics?

The new Marvel univers isn't the 616. If it has been called it the writers and editors fucked up. However most of the characters ARE from 616.

They should officially number it so this argument can be dropped. Name it how it was origionally intended to be numbered 666

He believes making fans angry brings him money so he's merely pretending.

>They should officially number it so this argument can be dropped
They had a chance but were stupid and "didn't want to spoil Secret Wars". (Because god forbid they spoil a series that kept being delayed). If they had just labeled the new world "Prime Earth" or whatever in ANAD instead of trying to protect Hickman's boring reveal, things would be different.

666 is DC. the joke is that it was the companies address in New York

alternately FF 1 came out in June of 61

>your fan cried
Does he mean cred? And this man is supposed to be a top editor?

it would appear so, yes.

Editor in Chef

>mfw he becomes EIC after Alonso

it was never intended to be called 666. alan moore named it. he's into mysticism and religion and all that shit. 616 is what most biblical scholars call the mark of the beast. 666 is a mistranslation of the original texts. alan moore specifically chose 616 because he knew it was the mark of the beast and that he could get away with it.

Ugh, can you please not, you fucking shitlords.

You are right. I forgot the warlock Moore tricked Marvel into naming their universe after the number of the beast.

I really love you Moore

>Hasn't the Universe been called 616 several times since this post?
I think so, maybe during the Spider-Gwen series when she goes from her home Earth to 616.

Just looked it up and apparently Spider-Gwen Vol 2 16 still calls it 616.

Wasn't it also because of his stuff in Supreme with all the universes stacked on top of each other in a tower? The idea being that DC and their universes can occupy the lower levels compared to Marvel's 616?

According to the Wikipedia page on Earth-616, Brevoort and Quesada have always hated the term "Earth-616" and just call it "the main Marvel Universe".

Yeah, well, Brevoort and Quesada are fucking tools. The only good thing Brevoort ever did was The Untold Legend of Captain Marvel, and the only good thing Quesada ever did was pic related.

>FF 1 came out in June of 61
alan moore you absolute madman

> 666 is DC
was this ever referenced in a comic book, I always thought Moore was intentionally setting the Marvel numbering inside DC's

>666 is DC
Not anymore. Remender used 666 as a literal monster world during his Secret Avengers run.

>>mfw he becomes EIC after Alonso
he'd have to take a pay cut and be more subject to scrutiny, believe it or not

I heard somewhere that Marvel and DC have an agreement that DC gets Earths 1 to 52 while Marvel gets 53 and beyond. Is this true or is it just coincidence?

Chef actually translates to Chief.

There were a bunch of worlds

But post-crisis world was Earth 1 until Infinite Crisis/Final Crisis when it became Earth Prime/New Earth. Like Earth 1 was the only earth not destroyed by the Anitmonitor it's just it now had some heroes from Earth 2 (JSA etc) , but was still Earth 1.

>the only good thing Quesada ever did
Was Marvel Knights and MAX

It's prime Earth as the comics say.

>They should officially number it so this argument can be dropped.
If there's one thing Marvel knows how to do it's renumbering.

in the spider universe story they went to earths below 51 too.

I think the general idea is that they are on different multiverses floating in one common omniverse.

Where did it say that?

B-but this doesn't make any sense since Marvel have totally never rebooted right guys?