Not Ducktales

>Being this mad

Other urls found in this thread:

career-end.donrosa.de
vimeo.com/207826598
vimeo.com/105545336
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe he just gets a lot of people coming up and asking for his Ducktales comics.

Which he doesn't have.

Because it's not "Ducktales".

Is "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" still in print?

I have a feeling that image will be reposted here many times and become a minor meme.

He's not popular in the USA, aka the only country in the world that actually matters.

Are Disney comics really the best selling comics in Europe to this day? So if I went to a store there I'd see as many Disney comics as, say, X-Men comics in the states? Any Europeans here to confirm this?

What an absolutely gorgeous body of work.

Don't bully! He looks like a nice guy who enjoys growing exotic, homegrown chiles. I'd hang out with him, that's for sure.

>It's quite literally all Ducktales

Why is he fighting this?

Because it's not Ducktales you dumb burger.

I don't know about right now, but a few years ago in Poland there were several periodicals focusing solely on Duck/Mouse stories.
Add to that Italians shitting out a fuckton of stories to this day (including Noir detective Mickey and Duck Avenger)

>Exotic, Homegrown Chiles

But it practically is.

>Story about ducks
>Not duck tales

It's not, Ducktales is (very) loosely based on Barks' duck comics, they have nothing of Rosa's work on them.

I want those chilis

Wish he would come to McAllen.

I like that his hobby is growing chiles.

Too bad he hates anime and manga. Would have asked him a commission of Scrooge hanging with Goku and Rei.

>Homegrown chiles
>HOMEGROWN
>CHILES
HOLD THE PHONE, WHO CARES ABOUT WHATEVER GAY SHIT YOU'RE CRYING ABOUT TODAY, THESE ARE HOMEGROWN CHILES WE COULD BE TALKING BOUT HERE.

i smell /cock/

he changed that sign like a week later. But thanks for playing.

Chilis? You mean like the restaurant chain?

I don't know bud, that was almost exactly a month ago.

I clearly recall one old episode where the credit said story by Don Rosa. I doubt it was a hallucination. Anyone confirm?????

do... do you think photographs age?

He did update the sign a little once he actually saw some Ducktales though.

it looks like he paid to have the sign printed somewhere

>Are Disney comics really the best selling comics in Europe to this day?
I don't think they have ever been. In most of Europe it's stuff like Asterix.
>So if I went to a store there I'd see as many Disney comics as, say, X-Men comics in the states?
No one really monopolize comics here.

so what's the deal, did they steal the rights from him or some shit?

the two look indistinguishable

Its clearly sharpie on an index card.

>dat Legion homage cover

Luscious tits

So no episode this week since they both ran concurrently in Canada/US last week right?

That's an extremely interesting chili collection he has there.

He is no chili begginer.

I mean the original sign from OP

That's shopped right? That is beyond bitter if it isn't. I mean couldn't he have posted a sign that was
>It's not Ducktales, It's better! Come see a world that was 75 years in the making first created Carl Barks in 1942-1967 and was the grand inspiration of the original "Ducktales" children's cartoon series and reboot, explore the magic and adventure that is "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck"!

I think he worked-for-hire for disney, not a dime in royalties.

it's kind of sad he also sell chiles

Just like many comic heroes from the big two you will always get credit and some small royalties, but in the end the industry owns them.

bitternes that comes from old age working in disney characters all your life.

why not? he can eat all the chiles he harvest, better sell them.

why does he have a basket of mini dragon dildos

So was it not a labor of love? Is he just some broken soul that just went with it for the money/fame? I mean for fucksakes, Ducktales should be a killer spring board for him and his projects.

Don Rosa is essentially blind now, the back of his retina fell off

It was a hallucination, I saw the same thing during an especially bad trip.

>homegrown chiles.

best kind of Chiles to be honest.

Is his tongue hanging out because he been eating them hot exotic chiles?

Everyone seems to be confused about what happened to him. Here's his farewell message after he had to stop.

career-end.donrosa.de

He only needs a sign like this for america, and he clearly doesn't give a shit about american conventions given the shit turnout he gets because duck comics get no real translation or publication efforts there.

Anywhere outside of the US he gets crazy turnout and respect. So I don't really blame him for making a shitty sign to tell burgers to fuck off and stop asking for ducktales drawings.

>how many times do you think he's been asked for launchpad drawings?

>I have told you of the myriad joys of being proclaimed as the most popular current cartoonist on the world’s most popular comics. But I have not mentioned the other side of the coin — the many difficulties and bitter frustrations of this experience. Some of these are physical and some are philosophical. Some I brought with me into this career and the main one was already built into the system. There cannot be any simple, single reason that I would willingly quit the job that was my childhood dream. And I must be honest and admit that, as with Donald Duck, some of my problems I can only blame directly on myself. But of the many reasons I finally quit, perhaps there are six main ones, and I’ll try to explain them in reverse order…

>Reason #6: I’ve worked too long

>This is a weak reason, but it’s nonetheless a fact of my life. I had the “misfortune” of being born into a wealthy family that owned an important construction company. I was the only male child in this family so it was decided for me since birth that I would take over the company when I grew up. To these ends I went to work at the family company at an early age, probably around 14 or 15. This meant that I never had a summer vacation. The moment school ended in the Spring until it began again in the Fall, I was a full-time construction laborer. But I enjoyed this opportunity – the union level pay was quite good, and it gave me some cash with which to enjoy my many hobbies and collections. This is a main reason I was able to build one of America’s largest comic book collections during the era when the old issues were “relatively” inexpensive. But it also robbed me of a major portion, perhaps the most important portion, of my childhood and any sort of social life.

>After high school I went directly into engineering college which is probably the most difficult four year college course, meaning many classes, long daily lab sessions, and loads of highly technical homework. One year it also entailed a month-long surveying camp during the Summer. But there were naturally still no vacations between semesters. As during high school, not only did I work at the Keno Rosa Co. all Summer, but also during the Christmas and Spring breaks. Upon graduating college, I went to work the very next day full-time at the family company. Meanwhile, during any moment I was not either studying or working, I was busy writing articles and drawing comics in every issue of several different comic collector fan-magazines. And I never took vacations.

>By the year 2008 I had worked full-time for well over 40 years. Most Americans retire after 30 – 35 years. With everything else that was killing my spirit (see below), I was thinking that I had earned my right to finally slow down and take time to enjoy life and spend more time with my wife and my nature preserve. But having worked too long, there was also more to it — I refer to reason #5.

I won't post the rest because it would take 40 posts. Read it

I want some of his exotic homegrown chiles

its nice to work with the characters you loved since childhood, but then you see your years of labor are not recognized by the same industry (and country of origin) that made them. I can see its frustrating for him. Like anything outside of usa is not canon, just now there is some recognition for Barks with this show I guess?

mfw I have many chiles growing around my house and I don't know what to do with them, my parrot loves them tho

The new show has nothing to do with Barks' work either, they just gave Donald his black clothes to appease the Barksfags before the show came out.

ah ok, I never got past the first episode, such a stiff artstyle. It looked good in the first promo art but in the actual series its like the strokelines are too thin and bland for that sharp style.

>the first promo art
You mean this?
vimeo.com/207826598
It was by another studio.

Is ok user, parrots loves to eat Pepper and make a hot sauce obviously.

You definitely don't have to watch it, but that is quite a pointless nitpick.

>uploader's name
>GoldenWolf

It's the studio.

can you please take a video of your parrot eating a hot pepper and post it in /an/ I beg of you

I know. Just some synchronicity/coincidence bullshit that I found amusing.

I like how he very autisticly writes that the cartoons are "very loosely" based on the comics as if a number of episodes weren't directly taken from the comics. About the only difference is that Ducktales added a few new characters, much like any adaptation does.

Just to fuck with him, Disney should rebrand the book as Ducktales

>Is "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" still in print?
It's in volumes 4 and 5 of Fantagraphics' "Don Rosa Library".

>Volumes 4 and 5
Shit, I'm too autistic to just buy volumes in the middle of a series. Looks like I'm selling my plasma.

You can pretty much pick up any Duck story (except the Life and Time series) and go to town; even Rosa's sequels to Barks stories provide the needed exposition.

Just about all of Rosa's stories are worth reading though, so you won't go wrong buying them all.

I'll try to do it but my parrot is old as fuck and is losing many feathers, she looks like shit

>Exotic Homegrown Peppers

It lacks Donald and Scrooge's personality is very different. Plus the triplets live with him.

senior birds are still cute

It's a pretty cool studio.
This gif is from Maxime Delalande, an animator from Gobelins. This is the graduation film he worked on.
vimeo.com/105545336

she's around 50 or 60 years old and hates everybody and everything

>que ducktales themesong...

>when the spanish arrived on south-america they considered parrots noisy and annoying so they tried to poison them
>parrots can eat so-spicy-you-can-choke-and-die-peppers like nothing
>very hard to poison
>in the wild, some parrots ate clay which neutralized strong poisons they couldn't naturally tolerate
>the spanish couldn't do shit

hahaha fuck them
shit, it makes me happy to think about this every time.

do you see a price tag anywhere around the chiles? no.

Its his old man version of having a basket of werthers originals.

in parrot years?
or do they actually live that long?

The tasty looking chillies are the most interesting part. Him always being so mad about the original Ducktales is just silly, but I get it, I guess. So many people only knowing an adaptation, I mean. Though his stories are adaptations, and even Barks adapted existing characters, so fuck it.

they actually live that long, aparently their maximun age is 80

so things such as family parrots that go from the parents to the children exist huh?
i'm south-american and i didn't even know, and having parrots was somewhat common where i live.

What the fuck is it if it ain Ducktailes?

Donald's in some episodes though. And Scrooge's personality is only different if you're going off of certain very old Barks books where Scrooge was like a bad guy.

>exotic
but chilies are originally from the Americas
how are they exotic?

there's a difference between north-america and south-america

you can find chiles growing in the wild but those things that look like dragon dildos are man made via all kinds of chile incest and stuff so they are exotic because they are hard to find usually

and also central-america*

Anglos don't know about chiles.

>how are they exotic?

Because these are motherfuckin' Donrosa Chiles.

Are the chilies for sale or some sort of tipping system?

Not in the UK at least. Here its Beano and 2000AD then American stuff. I never saw these comics as a kid. You were more likely to see Fleetway Sonic or Simpsons at the Supermarket

if you want to buy something you gotta first eat a chile

>Be the most popular Duck artist in Europe
>Be not the most popular Duck artist in the US
>Make a single paragraph explaining this
>Butthurt Amerisharts make thread after thread about this

Disney could publish these through Marvel and build a following. To bad Marvel flat out refuses to as to not "harm their reputation"

That's the harshest pleb filter I've ever seen.

>Most Americans retire after 30 to 35 years

Yeah you can tell he comes from money

Donald Duck comics are everywhere, grocery stores, kiosks, supermarkets. At least here in Scandinavia

>Hi! OMG I love your work, could you draw a scene with Scrooge and Donald with their backs to eachother while fighting all their enemies for me???
>I don't know, son, that's quite a lot of work... You're going to have to eat five of these chillies.
No better way to discourage outrageous sketch requests.

I think if you bought one and stuck it in your lady parts, you'd regret it.