Yo, do any of you guys feel that some of the faces in Avatar slowly became warped in season three? It's something that has always bugged me, but I don't see it mentioned too much.
Demonstrating with Katara, as she got it the worse.

I think it's related to the hair

The pics you're showing are actually corrected. You just got used to the fucked-up faces drawn by that other shitty studio in Books 1 and 2.

To elaborate, all your pics so far except for seem to be from JM, the consistent animation studio. And the only one that didn't get replaced for Book 3.

These faces are fucked up?

but thats cute

No, those are the same ones from JM. There is no real difference, except slightly more detail.

user, describe the difference you're seeing, because I'm not seeing any.
Unless this is a stealth Katara pics thread, which you really didn't need to stealth here on Sup Forums.

I guess that OP has a large ears fetish and is pissed that Katara started covering them in S3

These two pics demonstrate it the most. There is always deviation in this kind of animation, but I feel that earlier Katara had a thinner face with a more pronounced jawline. Later, it's more blocky.

Actually I've been looking at the pics over and over again and I think I know what he means - it's the nose, it's flatter in most of the Book 3 ones.
Still don't see any difference in overall shape.

I kind of get what you mean OP, season 3 is where stuff like Creepy Katara came from. Her face just looks off at times in those episodes

Aang looks weird as fuck in tho, pretty sure I recall similar shots of Katara too.
So it's not just Book 3.

This is clearly a DVD screencap, yet it doesn't suffer from the severe haloing that the "1080p" "HD" "remaster" does.

How far tech has "progressed".

I fucking hate the remaster, but I can't blame them for trying. The haloing is just awful.

This is just a thinly veiled Katara appreciation thread, right?

what the fuck kind of pepe is that

a Pepe that's about to give the world a show

but it looks like he's holding on to some handles for something

no.
Feel free tho

Exactly

what kind of show is it then

a FIRESHOW

what does that mean tho

He's gonna plow a plane into something,
likely a set of towers or a crowded public area or something
c'mon man/spoiler]

DELETE THIS!!!

I feel like Aang started looking different in Book 3, as in he looked taller, more muscular and his face was no longer that goofy and monkey looking.

I either read or heard somewhere that they had a lot of trouble keeping his physique consistent in the finale.
Speaking of Aang growing tho, one of my favorite details from the series is from "Nightmares and Daydreams". During the scene where Aang daydreams about kissing katara, he imagines himself as being exactly eye-level with her.

Katara and Sokka look less "Inuit" now.

Well, his dream did come true

They've never looked Inuit in terms of facial features, though.

They are never going to look Inuit with giant blue eyes.

I see the differences but they look good in both cases so i don't care.

Toph is cute!

>Can't have a real avatar sequel because Korra exists
It hurts so much I had to bring it up,
I'm so sorry.

How trite

I remember when this happened we had just gotten the then-new tivo set top box and I couldn't stop repeating this scene over and over while being incredibly upset. I miss those moments