Oil reserves will run out

m.csmonitor.com/Environment/Energy-Voices/2014/0714/How-long-will-world-s-oil-reserves-last-53-years-says-BP

>BP's annual report on proved global oil reserves says that as of the end of 2013, Earth has nearly 1.688 trillion barrels of crude, which will last 53.3 years at current rates of extraction."

This means that our grandchilden will not have working cars and any means of tranaportation unless we find a better solution(i.e electric cars).

We should invest money to find new technologies and support jewish minds(as we are very few in the world after the holocaust).

WE MUST FIND A SOLUTION BEFORE WE RUN OUT OF TIME.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Y3FWeHiKt0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Electricity production is too dependent on oil.

How about we go N U C L E A R ?

>which will last 53.3 years at current rates of extraction

That doesn't take into account that new oil reserves are discovered each year and thanks to technological advancements more oil is recoverable. Wtf I thought jews were smart

I think that at some point in future majority of humanity will return to 1800 technology.

Also finite.

>le running out meme
Thanks to fracking, we have more than ever you silly jew.

The company selling oil says oil will become a rare commodity. In other news, oil prices skyrocketing.

That doest mean that the rates of extraction are lower than the rates of oil recovery. We are in the 21th centurt ffs, we are stiil in the middle of the industrial revolution

Thank god, we can exterminate the Arabs and Jews then.

Solar power is also finite because the sun will die in a few billion years

Kill yourself retard

Maybe if you fucks shared your techniques for harnessing energy from foreskin we won't be in this mess.

>says increasingly Jewish petroleum CEO for the tenth time this decade.

>We should invest money

fuck you

We go back to a gold/silver standard and the globalist have it all by the time we find out.

"We are in the twenty first century"

it's like a rewording of

"It's 2016!"

>That doest mean that the rates of extraction are lower than the rates of oil recovery

That depends entirely on investement on exploration and technological advancements in extraction. Learn how markets work if the price of oil is free to fluctuate oil for all intents and purposes will never run out

That's still enough time for alternative energy sources to take over.

Also this.

Nothing will happen. As always.

This means we have about 1 generation of oil jobs left and have that much time to steer away.
No hurry.

this is the best solution

too bad that so many hippies and cucks are scared of it

Solar power is a meme you fucking retard.
>Gayreek education

No it's not. Oil is a very small part of electricity production.

It is however a very crucial part of energy production (i.e. cars, ships etc - not connected permanently to the electric grid).

We might actually get to fusion before that, plus there's a shitload of coal to be used for electricity if we need to. I'm not too worried.

>no more oil
>no reason to care about the middle east anymore

great, let's get out of that place and let muslim rats kill each other

sounds great

Wouldn't have to worry if we just used nuclear power for 99% of the powergrid.

Implying that arabs won't come to Europe. Every single one will come for gibsmedat and you know it.

If we could figure out fusion energy we'd be grand but fission will have to do

You can reuse waste in nuclear reactors and you can also get fuel by filtering minute amounts of it out of water.

If we gave all the money we put into so called green energy and/or the money we send to Africa every fucking year, we'd be having fusion energy for years already.

Nuclear Power is expensive unreliable and dangerous. Fossil fuels are 10 times better

So when can we expect nuclear powered tractors?

>Greek intellectuals
Read a fucking book, you debt ridden shitskin.
Thorium is the way to go.

>implying society is going to survive another 50 years

water-fuelled cars

kys slavnigger thorium is alex jones conspiracy crap stop debasing the quality of the discussion with your /x/ tier nonsense

Proven reserves. They find more all the time. They frack. They drill. Its not running out.

But in time it should be replaced.

never, but you can expect solar powered tractors since the lefty parasites believe solar is the solution for everything

>Not understanding that hardly any new oil is being discovered.

It might be for Greek Intellectuals. But for first world engineers nuclear is just as safe as oil or coal.

It's called zero point energy.
Pay attention to incoming Wikileaks.

Haven't they said this shit since the 70s, so far what I know we have more oil than we ever really had.

The combination of planned refugee invasion + ww3 and (already bi-coastal) engineered zika virus should take care of this

>I could live to witness the end of civilization or it's ascension to a new era.
Feels good either way.

Shut the fuck up OP. You liberal faggot.

We could use non-fossil fuels explicitly at this point if we wanted to.

You're a huge faggot, and I hope you die in a fire for giving a shit about things that don't fucking matter.

You fucking faggot. Fuck.

>We should invest money to find new technologies
we already have, but instead of being used patents are bought and then sat on. once oil stops being profitable you'll see a huge flood of new technological breakthroughs in a tiny window, as if by miracle

Fucking hippies I swear that someone should put poison into their weed.

peak oil zomg. Go frack yourself I just bought a new SUV.

Nice outdated graph moron. Also that's not how it works. Fracking horizontal drilling better mapping techniques etc mean that more oil is recoverable (google that) and more oil reserves are economically viable to be extracted. The average retard Joe shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion about energy it's too complicated.

Actually it depends mostly on coal.

>Lower Oil prices to screw with places like Russia

>Notice your not making as much money

>Trick people into investing billions of public tax money into new tech or energy

>Anything built or researched still remains private and you can sell the rights back to the public for more money

Nuclear power plants are impossible to build in the West without massive state subsidies and guarantees. There is so much natural gas and coal around there is literally zero reason to shift to nuclear

>Amerinigger intellectuals

>This means that our grandchilden will not have working cars and any means of tranaportation unless we find a better solution(i.e electric cars).
>We should invest money to find new technologies and support jewish minds(as we are very few in the world after the holocaust).
>WE MUST FIND A SOLUTION BEFORE WE RUN OUT OF TIME.
Everyone knows that Nuclear easily provides enough energy for thousands of years at projected energy consumption rates. It's another issue to get your knickers knotted.

Petrochemical industry is more important than your gas guzzling car. We're wasting good oil by burning it.

>since the 70s

Yeah the 1870s right after the first commercial oil operations started in Pennsylvania there was the first scarcity scare.

fucking kikes peddling their fear

nuclear waste is forever

Well no, even at current usage, uranium will only last about 200 years and consumption will lucky go up.

Also, all of the people in this thread who are talking about power generation have no idea, oil is hardly used for that. It is things like trucks, tractors, fertilisers, plastics and modern medicine that is so highly dependent on oil being used in the process.

1: They have been saying this shit for the last 50 years, they are always going to run out soon.

2: we keep discovering new and new and new super reserves, newest ones being in subsaharan africa, southern portugal, and under gatwick airport.

3: We are less and less dependent on oil, by 2030 several countries will remove the sale of petrol cars and switch the only sell electric, there goes a huge part of the consumption.

4: no one gives a shit, the sooner this happens the better, less money and power to the desert tribes. Maybe if they dont have cheat codes they actually need to develop socially and economically without being in the middle ages.

That's why we should send it to Australia

>economically viable
>more oil is recoverable

Only when the price of oil is high. Retards like you need to understand the world runs on cheap oil.

Greece you're a failure in the 21st century.

I just realized someone in this thread talked about supporting Jewish minds.

Rot in hell you troll piece of shit. I mean it. Die in a fire.

Thats how the UK works as well, make costs public, profit private.

Gotta love this fucking country.

Kill yourself amerinigger trash disgusting subhuman genetic failure you are lower than a rat. Your opinion is worthless you fat ugly brown mutt.

>by 2030 several countries will remove the sale of petrol cars
You don't know what are you talking about please leave this thread to not mentally handicapped people.

Fusion then?

Stop being such a retard and do some research, he is actually right.

Wow a photoshoped picture! I am a belieber now!

few billion years
roughly between 70-230 years
yeah that's totally the same
kys

>I will be 80 years old by the time the 'pocaylpse happens if im lucky not to be dead by then

feels bad man

> Electricity with coal

I don't know. I think we better start breeding horses again.

haha good one britcuck

It's actually on the agenda. A lot of Norwegians are staunchly against the idea, though.

There's a scifi drama in France with Norway stopping oil production because green faggotry and the EU is basicaly forced to declare war on them so they keep supplying Europe.

I have been to norway and i can confirm that lots and lots of people drive tesla and other Electric cars over There. Electricity is so cheap in norway, the people Let all their lights on in the house at night. It's awesome to drive through the night through the norwegian Woods and mountains with all the lights from the houses in the distance.
Its very possible for norway to ban Petrol cars, they are Just so rich.

>they are Just so rich.
They won't be when the oil runs out.

>This means that our grandchilden will not have working cars and any means of tranaportation unless we find a better solution(i.e electric cars)
Tesla could probably solve this problem
Too bad Trump gonna cut the gibs to Musk and other magicians, reinvigorating coal and oil industry instead, so when shtf we won't be prepared.

I heard otherwise. Waste from Thorium reactors is supposedly safe enough to release into the environment after 100 years of resting. The volume of waste is also very low compared to coal, solar panel production or any other technology. The total nuclear waste ever produced by the US in it's entire history is supposedly still stored in a single caravan-sized room somewhere in the south.

> What is EPR

Is that not why they're looking at other technologies

>nuclear waste is forever
A lot of nuclear waste is actually valuable in some way including further processing and electrical generation from residual decay heat.
>uranium will only last about 200 years
Thorium...
Also collecting Helium-3 from solar output renders nuclear power for as long as solar is viable.
> fertilisers, plastics
Oil is essentially carbon-hydron molecules. Not hard to use energy to spawn similar molecules to create plastics, etc...

I bet you live in Belljew Hill right?

>Kill yourself amerinigger trash disgusting subhuman genetic failure you are lower than a rat. Your opinion is worthless you fat ugly brown mutt.

I'm a white American. My grandfather came from Greece, and my Grandmother came from Italy.

You understand nothing about American culture. You're an ignorant fag.

Now stfu and ship me some more octopus before I come over there and make you suck Ahkmeds dick.

What the fuck am I reading?
As we're changing to sustainable energy oil is not "running out".
We already have more than enough of it, we have gargantuan fucking storages of oil sitting around doing fuck all. Within the next 25-30 years the prices on oil will fall to having little to no value because no one is going to fucking use it.

Everything that is mechanical is starting to be replaced with eletronic parts, no one will be driving mechanical cars within 50 years, unless they're from some poor as shit country. Technology is developing at an exponential rate.
Whomever wrote this article is several fucking years behind.

>what an amazingly awesome country
>tweeted one of the biggest manufacturers of completely electrical carts

Did anyone say Thorium LFR aka LFTR ?

Why burn our coal for we can sell it to shitty non-nuclear nations instead?

We're in possession of one of the largest nuclear deposits in the world, and instead of getting the most efficient energy production out of it and saving shitloads in long-term costs, we're selling it for next to nothing to Pakistan and Iran to create bombs with.

The only reason just giving it to Islamists is seen as the better option is Chernobyl hysteria and abbos complaining about land rights in the fucking desert.

Just use the shit.

nuclear power is not the most efficient energy, you have seen the oil and coal prices at the moment right?

the whole nuclear industry is not about energy production its about the billions of dollars they (ie not australia) stand to make from isotopes.

Image how much of a shithole the Middle East is now with all their oil money.

Now imagine it again when no one needs that oil. Gov would never allow for a true alternative to oil

If you put up a nuclear powerplant somewhere in america, and you have a fence covering the area where people can't approach, you've got alot of total usage of land. If you cover that area with solar panels instead, it will generate more power than the nuclear power plant could generate. It's safer too, obviously. Chernobyl nad Japan had some big disasters. youtube.com/watch?v=9Y3FWeHiKt0
11:00
It's litterally true.

>WE MUST FIND A SOLUTION BEFORE WE RUN OUT OF TIME.
>implying there isn't one already.

whatever they can do to raise oil prices...

Although electronics aren't that sustainable either, considering they require rare metals. One of the reasons why space mining seems to be a good idea to some people is probably that exact exponential growth on electronics, which only makes it a matter of time until mining on asteroids becomes more economical than mining those on earth

>We should invest money to find new technologies and support jewish minds(as we are very few in the world after the holocaust).
Is this ironic posting

>tfw Fallout becomes real

everyone forgets about antarctica. i wonder if that is what will spark world war once the oil reserves dry up. on the antarctic western shelf alone the surveys suggested there could be 45 billion barrels of oil. you can bet every nation worth a shit wants a piece of antarctica

We either find replacement mentals or start producing them in labs.
We've done the same with other "rare" metals before which we call synthetic elements i.e. man-produced. We'll probably start doing that long before space mining becomes viable.

Yeah, despite the fact that many countries have oil wells proven to last at 300+ years at current rate of consumption. Try harder dude.

My dad was telling me this 4 years ago.
I thought he was wrong. But as usual he is right. He also thinks this is why we went into Iraq

Can't produce metals in labs. In a nuclear reactor, maybe.
Might find organic alternatives, but the manufacturing costs might be also be very high/produce a fuckton of waste.

Best alternative imo is to find a way to reliably recylce electronic components (which is a field that is improving, although it also produces chemical waste).

The cool thing about space mining is that we can just send robots there, do all the mining/processing on the asteroid, and not care at all about pollution due to the processing. Since no humans are involved, you could even launch with some sort of cannon and be done with it (the rare metals mind you, not the robots supposed to mine them).

> reserves
Nice try Schlomo.
The jew defines reserves as ressouces that he can get without further drilling.
If anything this is good even the current oil rigs can still operate for 60 year before new ones have to be build.

Stfu Jew ... tell bibi and the IDF you failed. Back to sentry duty for you