INDUSTRY TALK

Earlier, a different thread discussing some of the more "flash point" tier issues in the industry that seemed like it was going to devolve, ended up becoming a fairly decent industry discussion of some of the ins and outs of the obstacles, challenges, and aspects of the animation (and toy) industry that newcomers will face today, in the coming years, and a bit of history on how the industry got to this place.

I'm the industry user from before.

I had said I think we should make it a point to keep up a discussion thread about the industry on Sup Forums so, lets try.

Anyone in the industry, myself included, can and should jump into this thread to talk experiences, answer questions, give advice... and let's be honest, gossip a little too (yes it is ok to do that---just a little bit).

So does anyone have any questions or anything they want to ask? A topic they want to discuss? I'm game for anything I have knowledge about. Basically the animation and toy and publishing industries, and the interconnected parts therein would be my area. I've been in this for almost 20 years, and like many, I have had to kind of do it all to make a living (we don't all get to be show runners, though I got close once :P).

As I said in the last thread:

Very few folks on here have ever been on an actual animation industry or toy industry or publishing industry staff and everyone thinking of getting into this industry has the right to know what happens behind closed doors.

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do you feel about the current channels, and their move to onlome platforms. Ie: CartoonNetworks Sword show, Nicks recent shorts being on facebook, Fred getting a cartoon netflix etc.

What do you do in the industry?

Another industry user here.

Working on a show for a female demographic (8-12) that should feature an on screen, romantic kiss between two female characters.

None of us were really sure how it was going to go, we pitched the episode concept without giving too much detail, and both the network and sponsor approved it.

We send the final script in and the network initially objects, saying that the kiss is inappropriate. Trying to save it, we created a sort of collage of children appropriate romance kisses between male and female characters to help show that there was nothing especially inappropriate about ours.

To our surprise, the network reconsiders, and approves the kiss.

Then the sponsor gets a look at it and hits the roof, we get an enraged call saying that it is completely unacceptable, etc, etc, etc. So we're cutting two versions, one with the more blatant kiss and one without. Haven't heard about which one is actually going to air yet.

Either draft has the two characters confessing their love for each other so I think the message of the episode will be clear either way.

Industry user Here.

Good question!

So, I really like the move to online, though not for reasons the networks will appreciate.

I think I can speak for many here when I say that it has been a REALLY long time since I set me schedule to sit down and watch a cartoon at a specific time on a specific channel.

Basically, when FOX Kids, One Saturday Morning, and Kids WB died, it should have been the transition point, but the tech was just not quite there--or rather not everyone had access to high speed internet.

However, that all changed in the late 2000's and since then it has just been the slowness of the industry to adapt that has held it back.

But also, it has been that the industry is wary of the transition. I know inside Marvel and DC (and a hell of a lot inside IDW) there is a huge and ongoing discussion about Webcomics heralding the death of their tried and true model. And while many other factors have contributed to the decline, which could be a dozen topics in and of themselves, there is no doubt in my mind that free to read Webcomics that can reach an niche market and survive on a few thousand dollars a month, rather than needing to sell 30,000 units over and over like clockwork just to be a success, are hurting the big publishers in many ways. Partially the Marvel push to reach the niche markets was brought about by competition from Webcomics. Only problem is that a niche market that brings a web comic $5000 a month, wont bring in much more for a marvel title targeting that same audience.

(con’t)

The animation industry is going through the same worries--about losing control to Webanimtion, and trying to learn from the comic industry's mistakes (and yes, internally, they all know and refer to the Marvel debacle as a shockingly long series of mistakes to learn from).

Networks now are pinning their hopes on the end of Net Neutrality allowing them to turn the internet into the next cable TV, giving them power to squeeze out smaller players through deals with internet service providers.

That said, I am hopeful, that the genie is out of the bottle. Because if the internet can remain public, there are SO MANY ANIMATORS IN THE INDUSTRY THAT ARE FRUSTRATED AND WANT TO JUST LEAVE IT AND DO SMALL-TEAM-HIGH-CONCEPT PROJECTS.

And if that happens, I do see a new Renaissance in animation happening, where anyone with a website can basically be their own network. The tech is there now, but the "optics" and "how the public views the internet" has not shifted enough. Things like Netflix are helping, but someone like Cartoon Saloon jumping in (they are not, but it would be awesome if they did), is what it will take to change the game.

Mysticons?

Any industry anons know of any interesting behind the scene stories?

Industry user Here:

Yeah, I know that feeling. Sponsors are like an STD to production houses.

You get them when you are in a stupid desperate state, willing to get sloppy, and then you can never get rid of them. They calm down for extended periods of time, but then, at the worst possible moment, here comes the burning and open sores.

So out of curiosity, was it a product sponsor (like a cereal or a toy), or a "moral" sponsor (basically the folks who pay money to influence how show promotes certain values).

Comics have yet to come up with any kind of usable platform for online use. I'm honestly fucking annoyed at how much i have to pirate in order to get full runs of certain comics.

I really don't think they realize how much money they're losing by shitting around on creating usable, thorough, online library.

Normal user here: stop injecting your faggot shit into everything, k thanks.

t. butthurt sponser

Industry user Here:

What do you want to know? Like the awkward way the Nickelodeon folks from the Viacom building back in Manhattan stepped in to completely change the show from a boys show to a girls show because they wanted some of those sweet-sweet Disney/Hasbro/DC/Mattel female oriented action princess dollars for themselves. LOL.

Of course too bad for them the only licensee they got was Playmates. So the recycle bin at Wal-Mart in January and ultimately GO! Games and Calendar stores are the preordained fate of the toy line, which means unless another MLP happens, and some internet fans drive it into success, it will be gone fast. Telling, internally Nick has not pulled the trigger on another season (they are waiting to see how holiday sales pan out).

Nelvana and Topps wont without a network backing it. Which again, brings me to my other points and comments about internet distribution. We are close to that being viable, and than Nelvana and Topps could cut Nick right out.

Why?

Industry user Here:

No. They don't realize it. They still think it is 1995, or even 1985 in many corners of the comics industry still.

You are trying to promote a life style that, despite what comiefornia thinks, is not considered appropriate everywhere. Mainly, its a childrens cartoon and you shouldnt be injecting politics just for progressive points.

Industry user Here:

Pretty please, let's keep it civil. You can make comments, and heck, even some rudeness is okay, but if you say something like that, a bit of explanation makes it part of a discussion rather than stereotypical "internet fighting words".

I'm a college sophomore who got a grant to go to NATPE in January. If I'm not realistically "pitching" my movie idea but more just want to see what executives have to say, what do I tell them? I can talk about the business aspects of why I think my movie would be financially successful, but at the same time I want feedback more than anything. I got a tour of WDAS last June and they didn't want to look at it.

See the above post. Tired of hot topic points being injected into comics/cartoons/video games aimed at children who dont care or need to be preached to or subtly brainwashed to sone political moral that 20-somethings writong think is "good". Whether or not it is, its always so blatantly obvious as to be distracting and clearly just their to "prove a point". It can be handled well without being in your face.

>roleplaying this poorly
It's diamond's stranglehold distribution faggot

>Mainly, its a childrens cartoon and you shouldnt be injecting politics just for progressive points.

No one is injecting these ideas into children's cartoons for progressive points. No one in the writer's room gets buttpats for coming up with very liberal ideas because they are Very Liberal. These ideas are brought to the table because someone genuinely believes in them, and anyone who fights to keep them in also genuinely believes in them.

I was nodding through the first half of your comment, "okay, yeah, they think homosexuals are evil, don't want to expose kids to that, that makes sense" but the second half is really off the mark and you're going to have to change up your argument if you really think creators are being rewarded for these kinds of decisions.

We're all aware this could've severely injured the longevity of the series but it's something we want to present in a positive light because we genuinely believe that representation is important, and these kinds of positive role models will help reduce the kind of worrying trends I'm sure you're looking up when you call a homosexual lifestyle inappropriate or harmful.

Ah okay. So you take offense with the content. I understand. That is a good topic in and of itself.

Yes, the culture inside the industry has shifted like crazy the last few years. You see it in Marvel comics, and on Networks everywhere. However, I think OVER-PROPORTIONAL representation of certain groups while ignoring the groups that are still, according to stats released just today, 71%+ of your audience do make for a backlash.

Personally, I do believer every voice should be heard, and I am not offended at all by other sexual orientations, but, I am, as you said, in "Comiefornia" so I was raised around this culture. If you are in Oklahoma it is a totally different culture.

My advice: Vote with your wallet. It is the ONLY thing that would change things in the way it sounds like you want.

Industry user Here:

I responded to you here: :)

If it helps, I do think like 40 of the 50 states share your opinions. Again: wallet is king and eventually drowns out even the loudest protest.

>if you really think creators are being rewarded for these kinds of decisions
Well aren't they? They receive accolades and constant praise from the progressive spheres they inhabit.

>we arnt injecting ideas just for liberal cookie points
>yeah we knew it was going to be an issue
>but we put it in because we believe in *liberal injected idea*

Do you not see the hypocrytical nature in this? On one hand you claim not to be sitting in the writers room injecting politics, but on the next paragraph you say thats exactly what your doing- because its a moral you strongly agree with.

Considering the state of comics injected with it, out wallets already are voting so no need to worry. Californians really need to leave their state every once in awhile and see no one likes your farts.

Industry user Here:

LOL Damn, someone sounds like they own an LCS.

In all seriousness though, Diamond only has the strength Disney/Marvel and WB/DC give them.

Unless Marvel and DC chose to distribute for themselves, Diamond and it's model will persist.

And the reason DC and Marvel don't get off that model is specifically because the management is stuck in the 80's and 90's and does not want to go through the hell of setting up their own distribution models, as that might expose them and their currently secure careers to drama that might endanger their cushy livelihoods.

How about you dorks stop ruining this thread over homo shit and give me some pointers for my 90 seconds of facetime with Cyma Zarghami

Industry user Here:

I drive across the country at least 1 time per year.

So far, Nebraska and Iowa and Wyoming along I-80 are the states I like to just take some days to get lost in. Yeah, it is good to get out of your box regularly.

I'm the audio post industry user that was in the other thread, and I can confirm that this is a pervasive issue across the industry as a whole. Dinosaurs that have only just discovered email are still running everything. I love my bosses, but our goddamn website still looks like a '90s geocities page because they refuse to let us or anyone else redesign it.

Maybe it's always been a problem -- old people have the most power and the weakest grasp on the latest technology -- but it seems more relevant now that we're in this lightspeed internet cultural, tech-industrial revolution. We just have to wait for the baby-boomers to die off.

Dont talk business, thats their job. Talk about the project, why you think its great, and hype them for it as if you were telling a friend about the best movie youve ever seen. Also, if they have ideas, pretend they are the best ever and ignore them once in production. 9/10 they wont remember they wanted a dog instead of a cat.

Fuck off buddy, maybe people would help you out if you weren't being a retard and asking people to do your homework for you instead of just enjoying the thread.

Go make your own if you want it to be about whatever garbage you are talking about

Industry user Here:

You are right though that other stuff is heavy in the industry now as well and the argument you are seeing happens once a week in the network boardrooms, even here in California.

BUT to your question:

Disney wont look at much that does not come from an Agent.

I assume you mean you are going to a conference by NATPE? not training to be one?

So, Cyma.... whooo boy. Ok, so this is a close to the vest one for me, so give me a few minutes to pick my words.

Industry user Here:

It's cool. Dudes, I know the feeling of frustration. I still feel it a few times a year when I see what gets picked to be produced and watch all my hard work melt, so I am gonna take a sec to respond to this fellow since I actually have some experience with the person he is meeting.

I didn't want stories specifically about Mysticons, I just wondered if that was the show you were talking about

>(basically the folks who pay money to influence how show promotes certain values)

Wouldn't only small productions not funded by the big corporations deal with that?

>Boy centred actions shows are dead
>Girl centred ones are not

We live in a weird world

Hey my dude I don't know why you're so salty over California, but you should just come visit sometime, and I mean for like a week. It's pretty great here.

Jesus fine. My suggestion would be pitching like you'd pitch anything, and then prompting their comments with something asking what they would want to see happen/changed with the project that would make them want to produce it. Something like that might be the right mix of confidence and inquiry.
That being said, don't sell yourself short. Don't go in and deliberately try not to sell your idea. The Duning-Kruger Effect guarantees that there's dumber people than you that are selling worse concepts based on their confidence alone, and how do you know that you're not bringing them exactly what they're looking for? I'm not saying anything will come of it, just that you should build the habit of treating every opportunity 100% seriously, because you never know.

Can you link the original thread?

It was a garbage thread, mostly not worth it. This one is already better.

Industry user Here:

So, I am assuming you are a guy? Generally speaking, where are you from?

A key thing to know about Cyma is that she is a liberal woman from New York, and she is very open and proud of that fact (at least within the company).

She fully worked her way up and did deal with some legitimate dirty-old-man shit along the way that made her how she is.

She is NOT a man hater though. She does NOT view men as the enemy, but she IS a little too zealous (in my opinion) with supporting up and coming women and jumping to conclusions about men. Also she is in charge of Nickelodeon, and I am sure you know all about the Chris Savino scandal right now, sadly. So even if it is not admitted to, or openly discussed, as a male, prepare to be judged a little on the measure of how much it seems like you might turn out to be a “perv” (and unfortunate reality at the moment)

With that said, when you meet her, like any exec, she will give you a nice warm, if not insincere, smile. Forgive the insincerity, because unless you are her 7 AM appointment, she will have had 30 meetings before you.

Now, I should ask, what is the nature of the appointment? Is she expecting a pitch, or do you plan to try to work it in to a different meeting?

Your answer to this will have a big effect on my advice.

Industry user Here:

Big companies get influenced by big sponsors.

When you see a Cap'n Crunch add, that is NOT Cap'n Crunch. That is PepsiCo. And it is what PepsiCo wants to negotiate with Disney that may have 8 points of separation in the deal which can blow back and influence the script on a kids cartoon.

The writers typically don't see where the edict comes from. It just comes down from "on high"

Industry user, just look up how to get a trip code so you don't have to type out you're industry user over and over.

>other stuff is heavy in the industry now as well and the argument you are seeing happens once a week in the network boardrooms, even here in California
I totally understand. My movie actually deals with some fairly provocative themes, but I don't think the executives would really think about it hard enough to get all of it. A classmate of mine read through it and didn't pick up on the allegory, but once I explained it to him he completely understood it.

>I am assuming you are a guy? Generally speaking, where are you from?
Yes. The South. I go to a university that's pretty influential among suits though definitely *not* an "idea guy" place like calarts.
>Now, I should ask, what is the nature of the appointment? Is she expecting a pitch, or do you plan to try to work it in to a different meeting?
Oh hell fucking no. I'm just going to an industry conference I know she's gone years in the past (she could not be going this year, I don't know). I'm actually just trying to do what I can to get Nickelodeon's animation development internship next summer more than anything to be honest.

Also my movie has a lot of cool females in it if the whole feminist thing really matters. The male characters kind of ground it to the setting and everything but the girl characters are the source of the fantasy and magic and are really the stars of the show.

I currently live in CA, and the people here are the biggest issue with the industry. I need to move back to canada already.

>male writing feminist cartoon
It wont get u laid m8, stop being a cuck

Honestly, at this point, I'm willing to just force teach a bunch of anons into making a short just to show people that you really don't need permission from the industry to make cartoons.

>(8-12 demographic)
>romantic kiss
Why do writers keep doing this? I've never known a child that age to like romance in stories.

See
Literally progressive moral injecting. Preaching to kids through media.

>Marvel and DC
Still are only 60% of the market, they have a gun to everyone else's head in terms of distribution. Why would I be pro digital if I owned an LCS?

Industry user Here (too old and dumb to get a tripcode):

I spent my late teens and early 20's doing stuff like this. I don't mean to discourage but it rarely leads anywhere. Those conferences are just big industry funded parties with a few meetings in-between to rationalize it.

That said, just say you get your shot, any cultural issues between how a New Yorker might very a Southerner aside, if you ever say a term like "whole feminst thing" to anyone in the industry, they will discount you right there. I don't mean to sound abrasive, but the PC culture is STRONG at Nickelodeon.

And what I am about to say might sound impossible or even stupid, but if you want the internship, take a vacation to Southern California. Perhaps to Burbank in a month from now for CTN Animation Expo. If you are new, it is a good place to meet people and get phone numbers, though don't expect a job out of it... aaaaaaand while in Burbank, on a weekday, swing by 231 W Olive Ave, Burbank, CA 91502.

There is a gate so call in advance and talk to the front desk about just picking up information on the internship. Perhaps do that prior to CTN Expo and if it does not go how you want, talk to EVERYONE at CTN and hit them all with your portfolio.

Might I ask: Are you more of a writer or artist?

Now now, he is just doing the the industry is pushing. It is called wanting to work, and you can't escape it right now.

It was just that you said an angry thing about Diamond. Every LCS feels the same about them. :P

I'm not talking about the Lesbians angle. I mean straight romance too. I've never known a preteen, boy or girl, to not go "blech" or stop paying attention when romance came up.

No one of importance goes to CTN anymore.
>those prices
>even if industry
Hard pass.

Industry user Here:

It is like herding cats unfortunately. Artists do expect to be paid and good luck asking them for otherwise.

Thing is, while I know artists deserve pay, I DO also feel like many industry artists have a robotic response asking for pay on projects which prevents them from ever forming a real team to just make art for the sake of being awesome.... though that might come from living in one of the most expensive places on earth.

Cool if you feel that way, but what do you suggest than?

It is okay to disagree, but it is better to have a different suggestion in that case.

Sup Forums.org/faq#trip

Ok let's see how spoon feeding Grandpa worked here....

Once more.

There. Okay... easier.

How do big corporations influence scripts? (aside from toning down on LGBT refs)

I disagree. I'll be transparent, I've been working on and off with a small team of dedicated people working on shorts, and while nothing solid had come out of it yet, the fact that we actually have a workable team consisting mainly of Sup Forums randos speaks volumes to the untapped potential of actually training people outside of the reach of the industry. I genuinely believe in the Ralph bakshi technique of getting people off the street, so to speak, to make stuff. I'm an animator and I know for a fact that animation isn't actually difficult to understand and given the right methodology, anyone can be trained to draw basic figures for a cleanup artist to come in and fix up.

Sure, finances are dubious at best in that situation, but I think given some actual time and dedication to educate people and really convincing them that animation isn't some impossible expensive task, but actually a very approachable thing anyone with paper and some illustration and video editing software can do, I think there's a very real possibility of taking advantage of some of the chaos in the industry to create a counter culture to it and have people make some real, non monopolized animation made by the people, for the people, instead of exclusively a bunch of wealthy connected urbanites.

I'm going to start the experiment some time next week, because to be blatantly honest, I don't see a reason anyone who wants to actually make good art should even consider working in the current animation industry, and the change should start now in baby steps if anyone wants to actually change a damn thing.

People work it because we want to get paid to do whats easy to us- draw. And money dont grow on trees.

Typically financial reasons. Moral stuff gets the headlines, but financial reasons are what make it all go.

Example: In the 90's Kelloggs got an episode of Tiny Toons pulld from subsequent airings because of a joke about a parody cereal called "Foot Loops"

That is a totally heavy handed example, but I figure you realize things can become much more layered and complex when involved with parent companies and licensing partnerships.

As long as you don't end up like Ralph. He is kind of a friend, but I would not want to live like him. He has some money, but not enough to have had to give up the last 50 years to get it.

Also, I won't discourage you, because you will do it anyway. I know I did.

BUT. I can say, make sure EVERYONE really, really, really gets it that even at the end of the project there probably won't be a pot of gold

If a team can be happy with that fact, you might just have a chance.

True, but let's be real, there's a fucking world of potential to be gained online to people who actually have the freedom to make stuff people actually want to see. There's money there, be it crowd funding or independent merchandising or what have you, cutting out the middleman entirely. Just a few posts ago people mentioned how the networks are scrambling to adapt. Well, we're already here, why give them the chance? Why not establish a presence right now before they have time? We know the industry's content is in a rut, we know there's always at least some guy out there not getting the break they need to make something special, so why not offer an alternative? Maybe the future will be the death of interconnected skilled teams, and more of a larger dialogue between an audience that wants to learn the process and an artist with enough vision and moxy to see a production through. Maybe, just maybe, if people gave the time of day to the people who really want to learn, the concept of the lone freelance artist may go the way of the dodo, and productions could be made more cooperatively. Maybe that's all that's missing, and the reason why Web media and videogames are fucking annihilating comics and cartoons: the actual genuine connection and interaction with a public audience.

In any case we just won't know until it's done.

How about Designercon and Wondercon? When I was in uni my animation professors and even other students pushed those up as great places to make real connections.

I would have but life bitchslapped me out of college before the internship dream came through for myself so I guess I'm doing this hard mode. Kinda tempted to move to Georgia though, I can't help the feeling that's where the industry is going to grow.

WonderCon was AMAZING When it was in San Francisco. The panels were all small and intimate and all the production staff treated it like a laid back working vacation and were comfortable hanging out. Way back when, when I was even more of a nobody, WonderCon SF is how I first got to know Paul Dini and Alan Burnett. It sure helps, not to use them for phone calls or recs, but to walk in the door to look for a job later at, say, CN or WB Animation and have someone you know be at the coffee machine be luck.

But I digress....

WonderCon after the move to Anaheim turned to shit.

You would have better luck hitting up Lauren at one of the SoCal pony cons and just being fully honest with her. She is actually nice and approachable.

As for DesignerCon--do you wanna meet toy people?

Sure, I do 3D sculpts in addition to 2D work and like toys. Work is work. I'm not picky where I can get a job as long as it IS a job, and got close to toy jobs before things soured a little on my end (again aforementioned life bitchslap).

Weird about that account, I have a friend who got into comics from attending Anaheim's WC and profs seemed to hold it in good regard. Sure it's not CTX level of regard but I had an impression it still is pretty good.

Deigner is cool, and honestly you would be surprised how many industry are weeaboos and go to AX.

>Working on a show for a female demographic (8-12) that should feature an on screen, romantic kiss between two female characters.

Oh please for the love of God let it be Arkanya and Zarya on Mysticons.

So all the Disney Princess movies with kisses, those are bad?

I could see Netflix swooping in to save the show the same way it did with Ladybug. Or Hulu might do it to have a rival to Ladybug.

I'm gonna sleep a bit since it is almost 5 AM in California.

Am I gonna wake up to find this turned into a lesbian teen kissing thread, complete with moral outrage and arguments I wonder.

LOL

Ironic that the same Trumpfags who bitch about SJWs and animation dying are going to bring about the very thing they fear most because Trump is on the verge of fucking up net neutrality.

Also they'll have to pay an extra 20 bucks a month to surf Reddit and Sup Forums, so there's that too.

Netflix IS trying to be the savior of all lost shows right now.

Before you go, do you know anything about the status of The Loud House? We know it's supposed to go in to season 3 but has there been actual talk of canceling it afterwards due to the Savino incident?

They promote a healthy natural life style not ripe with hiv and anal prolapse, and a burgeoning family unit. They are fine, although yes unneeded. Anime does just fine with handholding.

Let's not. Pandering to regular shippers is bad enough.
By the way, my money's on this being the show.

Hey industry anons. How tight is the NDA?
I keep seeing people who openly discuss the behind the scenes and talk about who's to blame. And then I saw a group of cowards so afraid to point out names they prefered to take the negative credit, affecting their reputation. Funnily enough they're freelancers with no contract and no reputation so they should be all about behind the scenes.

So what I'm asking is: Is cowardice or the NDA to blame for people not telling me who's responsible for what?

>Trump is at fault
What is SOPA CISPA the TPP (that orangotang in chief signed) ?

Yet another case of a libtard not caring till their pet is out of office.

Question: Is everyone who works in animation an immature idiot who contradicts himself or is it just you? Let's not begin to mention your horrible writing style, your awkward personality, your careless attitude and your insecurity complexes masked by arrogance.

The answer to that question is 50%. The other half are all jaded assholes who belive anything not bugsbunny is shit and will gladly rant about how shitty all modern animation is.

I hated SOPA and the TPP too. Too bad we can't a good president unless we spend a few decades running a crapload of candidates in local races who work their way up to national level. Otherwise, both political parties are going to be full of shitheads who are gonna fuck us over.

Please user this is important. I need to know if my go to happy show will get canned or not. I don't want to lose another show like how I lost TRON Uprising.

Speaking of Tron Uprising, does anyone have any information regarding the massive budget cuts?

The original, original trailer/preview from 2011 showed us a far different product from the final version. I understood that the final product's art style was drawn by the same person behind Motorcity's art style.
So what happened to the original team which I can't even find their names?

Industry anons, has marvel or DC ever considered doing something on this scale? Also is the western animated industry angry at the Japanese animated industry for making animation fans expect better content from them?

His formatting/writing outs him as a blazing newfag who should've lurked more for a couple years, but some of it is fairly intredasting if true.

Tell me more about Netflix, what's its current standing in the industry, and do you think they'll create more of their own originals (eg. 5th Season of Samurai Jack, Voltron, etc.)

>kishimoto
Ew.

Not necessarily, but in my experience kids would like them better without the kissing so I'm curious why they keep putting it in there.

>Getting pissed about lesbians

Niggas you gay. Lesbians are the ok versions of homosexuals. The fuck kind of world where we live in where lesbians are a bad thing? Even the most holiest Islamic Imam would be totally cool with 2 women lezzing out.

And what about the 10% during the 90-2008s era responsible for Treasure Planet, Titan After Earth, Spirits Within, and every mature movie and action cartoon possible? Or the ones behind FoxKids, Jetix and sometimes quality/charming children programs like George Shrinks.
The ones who took animation and writing more seriously compared to the idiots at What A Cartoon/Cartoonnetwork and their stoner grandpas from the 30-40s who can't stop acting retarded for one minute.

I never see any interviews for the real creators of the 90s X-Men, Spiderman, Fantastic Four or Red Planet, Invasion America, Diabolik.

But I see plenty of interviews from talentless hacks and hyped up creators like Matt Groening and the "creators" of The Last Airbender, Star Wars, Batman, Superman who end up being a bunch of fat ugly retards with mental problems and zero talent.

Or a bunch of actors and voice actors who have no business being there talking about writing.

>All those horrid shows.
Asians still haven't matured past the point of dumb obnoxious children and angsty sex-depraved teens with anger problems.

Is there 1 Asian in the world who isn't autistic or a vulgar idiot?

Case in point: a jaded asshole who likes to smell their own farts.

Do people in the animation and comic industry feel pressured competing with with anime and manga industry?

Hey industry user, do you think we'll ever get an entire "behind the scenes" TV series from a third party about video games, TV shows, movies, cartoons?
Every interview and behind the scene has been done in a fixed manner by the creators of said product to promote themselves more.
Do you think it's impossible to get a tv show like Gordon Ramsay's "Hotel Hell" and "Kitchen Nightmares" which actually shows 45 minutes of how the creators think, behave, operate in reality?

Less than 10% of Americans are gay. Yet they now make up almost half of all new characters in comics. Enough. You can't even sell these things in 3/4 of the planet where they throw gays off roofs or still worship orthodox faiths. Don't even pretend that Europe cared about our capeshit comics or our cartoons either. They don't. Quite frankly, their gay push stopped once they allowed 20 million barbarians in thru their gates.

So you're literally just trying to sell gay American children and heroes to other gay America adults. The gay heroes don't even sell here. The gay children is frankly borderline pedophile. Given what has been breaking from Hollywood and every other entertainment industry in America, that's going to be everyone's reaction to this gay everything push.

say,i wanted to ask,but is there any possible way for something on shonen jump to crossover with dc?
all i know was that that shueisha was asked to crossover dbz with something but didnt hapen

that and that upcoming love live flintstones crossover

I’m conflicted about going to art college. On one hand it’s what I strive for, but on the other I don’t have much money, all the art colleges in the vicinity is expensive, and a loan for these colleges would put me and my parents in deep debt. I can’t bring myself to do that, so any suggestions on how one might proceed without art college? What are some core material taught in these colleges that are essential for industry jobs? A long explanation for these core material isn’t necessary, but I’m requesting a basis to make personal research and study easier. Any other advice is much appreciated, and sorry if this was more of a beggar post then an industry post.

Get rid of that cow-titty asian monster working on Squirrel Girl. That's just 1/5000 of the problems with this decade.
Do you think it's fucking hilarious to tease all of us like a dog in a leash ready to kill you?
We will break that chain and murder you for all these years of sociopathic shit just like Japan will to anime and just like everyone will to arrogant hedonistic fatlards and victimizing liars.

>industry insider shows up on Sup Forums
>maybe use this chance to gain unexpected insight into the industries behind the media that I enjoy?
>no, best use my time complaining about homosexuals and social justice warriors until the user fucks off
>that’ll show him for expecting anythig decent out of Sup Forums