Realistic CGI media

>Pixar/Disney titles make billions
>Nobody cares about Final Fantasy, Appleseed, Resident Evil and Starship Troopers movies

How do we make the realistic CGI genre more appealing Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bL6hp8BKB24
youtube.com/watch?v=a8sdVLnj99U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

by not doing it, realistic CGI always crosses into uncanny valley shit and until we reach a point where we can have TRULY realistic CGI for a relatively reasonable price point, it won't ever be good

we need to keep improving how humans look in cgi, i think thats the main reason we keep having actors working in largely cgi environments. Cgi is getting better and better tho, blade runner 2048 was fucking amazing

I agree with this. CGI looks best when it's allowed to be stylized. And I mean if we get to the point where CGI looks identical to actors I'll get a little annoyed if they actually replace actors, rather than enhance them.

Didn't Final Fantasy Kingsglaive look pretty good, despite being all CGI?
I never really saw it myself, but the screens look pretty good in my opinion.

We can, it's just very laborious.
youtube.com/watch?v=bL6hp8BKB24

>CGI always crosses into uncanny valley shit
You should watch more movies, user.
youtube.com/watch?v=a8sdVLnj99U

Its because those have bad stories
Muh uncanny valley please stop overusing that term

I saw it in home cinema. People look super realistic but face animations always reminds it is not real.

Because they have to be animated by hand to actually look like a human.

Andromeda showed what happens when you let the computer to it by itself.

Looks like shit with lips just pushing in and out.

It's a pointless genre. If you're just going to portray realistic humans, make a live-action movie. And don't tell me you need the freedom of animation. Most big sci-fi/fantasy live-action movies are 60%-90% animated anyway these days.

If you're going to animate a character, make it something that can't exist in real life. Give it some style. Hyper-real CGI is pointless, because it just adds uncanny valley to what would otherwise be a normal sci-fi film.

I give 2D anime style action a bit of a pass on this, because, even though those characters may be realistic, they're more of a distillation of reality than a poor imitation.

It is a little bit retrograde point of view. Have you ever thought that there will be new sort of postart someday. Everyone could create his action movie, even AI-created movies will become normal. And you dont need to pay million of dollars to some model because there will no be real models any more - only cgi.

You would still need real actors for performances so it's cheaper to shoot actors directly against a green screen

>Looks like shit with lips just pushing in and out.

>Pixar/Disney
>realistic

Beuwolf & tekken blood vengeance should also be on that list

user, the Uncanny Valley literally has to be entered. It's a point of progression between normal cgi and total realism.

>reading comprehension

Make it family friendly.
Make it good.

Unless you they can make every character at least on the level of Tarkin in Rogue One, they shouldn't even try and should stick to stylized look. But even then he still hit the uncanny valley.

It's come out the other side for me. Maybe it's cause I watched so much that some of it is really good enough to pass for me. Gantyz O was lazy and hit the uncanny valley but Resident Evil was good enough that it came out the other side

nah, "realistic" stylized CGI from Japan is ok. Check Appleseed movies, the new movies of Starship Troopers and Gantz0. Those look great but not realistic at least in face design. Spirit Within, Animatrix short from the same studio, and Kingsglaive looks like shit (all of them have great choreography though)

I was surprised when I found out he wasn't real

>Peter Cushing died on in 1994
>extremely noticeable cg
>I was surprised when I found out he wasn't real
user, I...

What do you mean? Superhero moves are more CGI than real and they do great. Iron man 3 had 1500 CGI artists working on it.

Does the new CGI Starship Troopers movie have as much nudity as the first?