Tom King Says 'I Am Suicide' Self-Harming Fits Batman's Character

Tom King Says 'I Am Suicide' Self-Harming Fits Batman's Character ..

Other urls found in this thread:

thebatmanuniverse.net/detective-comics-76/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

everything King has done is kinda depressing bull shit

>Inb4 Brainlet user.

his undercurrent idea behind Snyder's and now King's run that Bruce becoming Batman is a huge tragedy is not really my cup of tea, especially if it isn't balanced with the postive aspects that he gained from it. This is probably also the underlaying reason why they both are so against the Batfamily, as it really doesn't fit with this narrative at all.

(At the end of the day, I'd prefer thinking that Bruce wouldn't be happy if he was not in-charge and hands-on making the difference. His method might be complete unorthodox, but normal life would bore him to tears).

It's a very poor, clickbaity title
. I also want to point out that Bruce seems to lack the intellect that made him so fearsome since the new 52. A person of that intelligence would work hard in addressing his issues as to not hinder his mission of pursuing justice. Flashbacks of self harm during his youth are alright if King takes the time to show how Bruce overcame that problem. I believe Batman should be ultimately be uplifting and I have gotten none of that King's run, thus far.

IMO King looks like he's trying to write All Star Batman...but instead of an edgy teen mentality Batman is a edgy teen who strives for attention.

Where's the ''no way fag'' version?

Tom is going full board on that story. There might be small touches here and there. These are stories that are happening in conjunction with each other. If Tom’s Batman is “Batman in the cave”, this is “Batman in the Belfry”. This is his day job in a way. It’s a little less about his family life which is why he we don’t see characters like Damian in Detective Comics.
thebatmanuniverse.net/detective-comics-76/
funnily enough Bruce might die again or something as hinted in Batman 6

that's a terrible excuse, batmans workplace is basically everywhere the man goes. Plus damian and Selina are active members of the batfamily.

>When I first came up with the idea, I called Scott Snyder and thought he was going to yell at me. I told him that I wanted to do this thing where, when Batman made his vow, he came to that moment to commit suicide, and he thinks of himself now as having killed off Bruce Wayne to become Batman.

>how Bruce overcame that problem.
He decided to become a Bat.

Pussy. You don't know what true depression is if you think this happy go lucky adventure where the hero is undeniably good and acts in a selfless manner defies all odds and saves the innocents.

>Pussy. You don't know what true depression is if you think this happy go lucky adventure where the hero is undeniably good and acts in a selfless manner defies all odds and saves the innocents.
Emo.

>having killed off Bruce Wayne to become Batman.
Why should it matter? 95% Bat books never bother to show us Wayne himself. He'll usually spend about 2 pages per issues without the costume, 3 if the writer wants some kind of challenge for themselves.

Tynion,is a cunt.

I don't flat out hate it, but its gotten to the point where I don't see myself continuing it anymore. my batman books will now come from mini series and ogns. the main ones suck.I swear even Snyder said he's moving on from Batman. Why vant Tynion and king do the same baka.

Batman needs to fight a Ratman. And a Scatman. Maybe a Gnatwoman.

>"I have a plan"
>let's Bane broke his back
>fixes it with some self-chiropractic manouvre
>confronts Bane
>let's Bane pound on him for a while, again
>"now"
>turns out Catwoman was on his side the whole time
It was a fantastic arc and King's Batman is my favourite.

>funnily enough Bruce might die again or something as hinted in Batman 6
HIV Dead .

>using emo unironically
Hello from 2007.

Fuck off with that meme.

King is a hack. He way worse than Snyder. Snyder act least respected the characters. King is trying so hard to oringal that none of them say or act like they would. He's really just fucking garbage, I hope Dr Manhattan fixes all the stupid bullshit he added to Batman.

Don't forget Cat breaks Bane's back with one kick.

It doesn’t. It does fit into Bruce Wayne’s path to becoming though.

>Snyder act least respected the characters.
PFFFFT!

Other than Joker he was pretty decent.

>I believe Batman should be ultimately be uplifting
Read Batman 66 or Superman then. Batman hasn't been an uplifting character for a long fucking time. I have no clue why you think he should be

He is right.