He still watches Western animation

>he still watches Western animation

There still are some good shows.

Another faggot with an inferiority complex trying to mask it through arrogance and kindergarten lies.
One of these days /weeaboo/, boom bam straight to the /moon/!!

What you're doing should be considered illegal.

>actually has a plot
That takes 60-1000 episodes, and usually has an unsatisfying ending.
>cute
Debatable.

>Using Dragon Maid as an example
t. high schooler that just discovered anime outside of Naruto and Dragon Ball

Is this real?

>humor comes from the actual content of the show
I think you mean the humor comes from the same jokes that have been in anime since the '70s
>uh-oh! The main character walked in on generic waifu #9001 undressing!! how scandalous!!!
>d'aww! Generic loli #9001 doesn't know what a sex is! How cute and innocent!!!

The dub made Dragon Maid actually worth watching. Generic waifu shit with cringey SjW dialogue is a match made in heaven.

OP ya fucked up. Everyone knows you watch anime for your niche fetishes

Totally Spies has every niche fetish though

Why do you want me to watch anime so much. I'll take reddit and memey over this moe garbage.
I'd rather watch something good like the Berserk movies.

www.reddit.com/r/Sup Forums

I'm totally done with Western animation. I still like Star vs. and I'll watch the new season of Venture Bros and Bojack, but there's nothing around anymore I care about anymore

Sup Forums helped kill Western animation by shitting all over Gravity Falls, the only great show the industry has put out this decade so far.

Gravity Falls was decent at best. Anything that has Kirsten Schaal voicing in it could never be great.

>Dragon Maid
>having a plot
>being good
>being funny

Choose one.

Tchu Tchu YEHHH

I would normally agree, but Mabel is just that type of character for whom such a voice is a practically perfect fit.

Same for Dipper's voice BTW.

"Hey, user! Did you see that new episode of Rick and Morty?"

"No man, I was way too busy watching my Japanese shows about dragon maids. The whole idea is that there are dragon maids and and they're are really cute and one has big boobs and the other looks five (but she's actually a 1000 year old dragon so it's ok) and that's pretty much the whole plot, m-maybe you should come over some time to watch it with me

How the fuck do they keep getting away with this.

>moe shit
You do realize it's the cause of anime's current stagnant period of terrible content right?

Sauce me up boy.

Nobody actually watches this shit. They just buy the merch.

>That shitty wrestling anime was 3 years ago

They pay the broadcasters to air it in the middle of the night.

>we've reached the point where berserk is considered reddit, making it therefore bad
>ms. Kobayashit's dragon maid is somehow better than Berserk
God do I hate what this site has become.

>Tfw people have been complaining about moe shit since the early 90's
Are you saying that anime's been shit since-
Wait.
Fuck never mind that sounds about right in all honesty.

yeah. also new chapter when miura said it was a FUCKING SUMMER B R E AK ITS F AL L

But have you watched the new berserk?
it's fucking trash my dude

Mabel as a character is one of the show's greates mistakes, though.
She was just an obstacle to her brother and the show refused to acknowledge that she kept holding him back while offering nothing of value.
Even when she caused the fucking end of the world it was written off as no reason to dislike her.

sekai de ichiban tsuyoku naritai! or if you need the english name 'Wanna be the strongest in the world'
1/3 of the protag's dialogue is 'IT HURTS' or variations there of and the first 3 to 4 episodes is her tapping out to boston crabs.

Read . I clearly said the movies. Thanks for proving dragon maid fans don't read.
New chapter Is apparently coming in winter

Are you happier that Sup Forums has indoctrinated you?

Are they sexy sounding "IT HURTS" or just gross grunts though?

I hate waifufags so much. They would watch shit drying on the walls if it had big tits and looked cute. Fucking hell

This, but unironically.

just your standard girly anime main character screaming sound. Nothing guttural or butch

I'm not interested in watching anime adaptations of manga or light novel with no significant amount of original anime content.
It's so dull and boring when you've already read the manga.
It also doesn't help that the community on Sup Forums has been very lackluster for a while.
The discussions on Sup Forums about most seasonal anime adaptations are then just about pointlessly nitpicking how this one scene from that one chapter wasn't included and how everything is ruined and that everyone ought to read the source material. But then it turns out that it's nothing important.
I for once am glad that most western TV cartoons aren't straight adaptations, and I'm glad that there's some anime that are also original takes on existing properties, instead of simply being animated versions.

>tfw watch only anime then pick up Rick and Morty because the plot is gud
It should get an animu adaptation where Production IG redraws Rick and Morty in animu style, Sawano does the music and Urobutcher rewrites the plot of the show.

Not me, my waifus must be written well. Like the supposedly fetish show Totally Spies, for example: used to watch it as a kid, but I can't stand it anymore and certainly don't waifu them.

Sadly, even in 2D, guys tend to think with the wrong head.

Okay, I'm fucking confused. Why can't we just like both forms of media? they both have their pros, cons, and similarities, and sure, a lot of cartoons are fucking unwatchable garbage, but so are a lot of anime, so why can't we waft through the shit together?

The current season actually has some really good shows. Mahoutsukai no Yome and Kekkai Sensen are both incredibly enjoyable.

Dragon Maid is and always will be a shit though.

Because all cartoons are unwatchable garbage, but only some anime is.

Because some people are very, very autistic and can't comprehend people who are capable of enjoying more than one thing in the same respective category. See: the early horse show days where people bragged about "converting" their friends/family members away from other cartoons to watch horse show. Autism is a hell of a drug user.

So why can't we watch the unwatchable garbage along with our animu? You don't have to, but others can.

You're still ok. Some people are utterly pathetic, it's how moeshit thrives, shitty harem anime big titted airhead with no good qualities at all gets thousands of people screaming for her with their wallets. It's actually embarrassing as a guy to watch this people be utterly consumed by their dicks.

The only anime I'm currently watching is Mr. Osomatsu which is basically just an Adult Swim show in Japanese

Hey freak, we don't cotton to reasonable povs around these parts

I was making a joke about how anime as a whole has always been pretty shit with a few standout shows per season, and that's true. It's just that you don't remember or haven't heard of the shitty shows because they get forgotten from how bad they are. There have historically been between 50-200 anime released per year since the 80's (the number in general gets higher the later you get), but even in the very, VERY best of those years only about 10-15 shows stand out.

I thought Japan can't into adult animation? That's what Sup Forums keeps telling me to justify the utter failure of the Western animation industry.

Oh, right, yeah. That's just how media works. Out of all the TV shows, movies, etc released every year, only a very small handful will ever be worth watching.

Again, you're being retarded. See

It doesn't help that most anime is pandering crap that rehashes old shit for a stagnant audience of "whales" only.
And the oh-so-deep cultural context is basically Japanese popculture and nationalist wankery.
All they really have over cartoons is less spastic animation, a more forward use of money-saving methods and prettier models.
The tonal difference is mostly pretentious pseudo-philosophy and cheap theatrics that went out of style in Europe and the US sometime around WW2.

Because [those guys] are terrible, badwrong doodoo-heads and [we] are perfect exemplars of justice.

I understand your upset that people are ignoring you, but this sort of thing lacks the minimum level of finesse required of respectable trolling. Figure out a less vulgar, less 0/10 strategy please.

Well, I don't poly-cotton to coping tropes, even my own
So why don't you just split?

>Cute
Debatable
>Humor
VERY debatable

what about Over the Garden Wall?

What? I'm not trolling.
You simply cannot find any cartoons with depth approaching the very best anime. They don't exist

So pretty much like Western cartoons? Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, SU?

>Implying you actually remember the majority of the more than 200 shows that came out last year
Alright user, sure thing. Most anime is fantastic and doesn't follow the general media trend of being mostly shit with some good and great works released every now and then.

I've never found an anime that's actually funny, it's a better storytelling medium but the humour is non existent.

*Shakashuris at u*

Who would ever say such a thing?
Lupin III. and GitS would like to have a word about that.

As the picture says, anime is all about cuteness. Period. There’s hardly anything more.

Sure dude

Why are you quoting me?

It's bait.

Okay
>being good

That was easy :D

Humor is subjective and overrated. What we need are great stories, and Western animation utterly fails in that department.

Because you quoted my post where I pointed out that while anime does have the occasional standout series that it's mostly shit and always has been? Like pretty much every other form of media in existence? Don't see why you're surprised that I'd respond.

Anime was a mistake Two bombs wasn't enough

You want me to dig up the post after post after post where the Sup Forumsnsensus is clearly exactly that?

But are there cartoons that have told good stories like evangelion? I read a lot of books and have found a lot of classics that are written like it, but I've never watched a cartoon that compares yet but I don't know if it's because it hasn't been told or because I haven't been exposed to it yet.

But I wasn't disagreeing there. I was simply saying that mostly shit isn't remotely the same thing as entirely shit.

Yeah no. Shows like Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls each have their own unique style and animation quirks. Anime all looks the same except for some random artsy piece that dares to stand out maybe once a year. In addition, anime is the laziest written garbage ever. It's all the same copy pasted magical girl, fighting arena, power levels, cute grils doing cute things, yaoi, fetish filled bullshit, at least western cartoons have something for me to laugh at. Anime humor is the epitome of surface level, "we did the wacky face and screamed XD, the girls titties bounce when they are scared!" Spongebob and Adventure Time have wordplay and interesting scenarios that don't just involved wacky faces or a sex joke. It's the same shit every time, someone tells me to watch (insert anime here) and I get the same ugly stiff thin lined animation and dumb humor. Even worse is the ones where they stretch out plot for 500 episodes like Dragon Ball Z or Naruto. Japanese animation is the worst. Even European shit is better.

But then why did you quote me and say I was being retarded if you weren't disagreeing with my premise? If you misunderstood me than just to be entirely clear, I was never saying that all anime is shit.

>Sup Forums is one person
Part of effective trolling is to actually be correct to an extent so your irritating outlandishness has some material basis. Otherwise, you're just ethereal, like you are now.

The cuteness is never up for debate

GR6, don't shitpost

I was disagreeing with the other user mostly, but I quoted you as well because I thought you were making a similar implication - that cartoons are just as good as most media (e.g. anime).

Nice bait

>good stories like evangelion.
That show is no better than Steven Universe, it's a SAD ripoff of a bunch of things the director liked as a kid, and I'm sure you know how bad Steven Universe is, right?

Those are specific hand picked examples

Almost every mainstream anime produced has that same fucking style I'm talking about.

Come on man, anime does have a specific style, and the ones that deviate from it are NOT well received generally speaking.

But is retarded as well, because cartoon styles are SHIT.

(And also because cartoon writing is even more shit than the animation, somehow.)

They really don't but I doubt you'll ever be convinced for some reason.

Dragon Maid is fucking garbage and you know it
>implying Evanvelion is bad
Either terrible taste or terrible b8.

If you don't see that the latest 3 of those are basically the same style, I don't know what to say.

No, I mean like scifi cartoons that you consider to be good.

Which 3?

>Every decade picks a reasonably popular anime from that period to represent its general style.
>90's uses the style of a show that was ridiculed for looking bad even in the 90's.
Don't get me wrong, the majority of 90's anime did look pretty bad outside of the standouts that people on Sup Forums are probably familiar with, but that image always struck me as unfair in that regard.

>being this stupid

I'm amazed this has to be explained to anyone, seeing as it's been an internet joke for roughly a decade. But while you have picked being good, you have not picked Dragon Maid. The point is you cannot pick the subject and any positive traits, only the subject or any positive traits.

And here I thought summer was over.

The latest ones. 80, 90, 00.

They could literally all be from one episode.

>implying evangelion is good
It's a poor man's Utena

What sci fi shows do I consider to be good, user

You fell for it

>Dragon Maid
>A show where the shy programmer MC intended to be the audience surrogate is a girl lest the timid NEET fanbase might feel threatened

Or something speculative.

>Humour comes from the actual content of the show

Watch it without subtitles and still laugh as often, fuckin' weebs. RaM is the same shit, if i couldn't understand any of it I wouldn't laugh since humour is a contextual medium you bongos.

They're B- comedies at best anyway.

Comedy is and has always been more important than "great stories".
Anime has neither of these things, with the exception of Princess Tutu