She's been here a while, does she have any good stories?

She's been here a while, does she have any good stories?

I understand she's a bit of a controversial figure, and I do have one issue with her, that I am going to to detail here:

I really like her concept and design. I think she's a cool looking character, and the idea of a hero with cancer plaguing her life seems cool. Plus she's a human thrown in a world of gods she barely got to see before.

My issue is : she's written by a man. The problem isn't that he's a man, but that, since he's writing a character with a perspective different from his (because she a gurl) he's so focused on it, and so aware of it, that he's trying to overcompensate while stroking his feminist agenda.
So cue the constant jokes about how women are mistreated, and cue the scenes just to assert and prove that she's a woman "and yet" worth it. Cue also scenes of characters with years of collaborating or being beaten up by women, who suddenly have an issue with her.

That shit pulls me out of the story. It makes me feel like the writer himself doesn't believe in her worth as a character, and has to constantly "justify" her.

I tried multiple times to get into her series, but the last time I tried it was a self contained issue of her proving to Thor's friends that she's worth the hammer. And it was cringey scene after another, of them being out of character ( Sif is the best warrior in Asgard so demeaning women makes no sense for them), and Thor being great at everything.

So yeah. Here's my issue. Any stories of her just doing cool heroic shit or something?

Nope.

Well that's sad.

The Mighty Thor relaunch

She's a bit better in later comics, but there's no stand-out moments. There's no Ragnarok arc or something I can point to and say "Now THIS is why I read comics"

>he's so focused on it, and so aware of it, that he's trying to overcompensate
Yeah I know what you mean. I think one of the reasons I really liked the Wonder Woman movie was because of this. The scene at No Man's Land was practically calling for a "I'm not man" cliche line but instead we just had WW being a badass in her outfit for the first time. It stood out particularly because of that.

>the idea of a hero with cancer plaguing her life seems cool
Oh boy they fucked that up. The Asgardians offered to heal her of her cancer and she said no. Kind of made everything feel fucking dumb. Can't take her dying seriously when we know she turned down life.

She's such a non entity outside her own book which has had the same writer for like 5 years now.
I'm sure somebody could do something good and interesting with her.

>Any stories of her just doing cool heroic shit or something?
Yeah when she got Ultimate Mjolnir from Volstagg and says "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO HAVE CANCER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Defeating the War Thor with hugs is pretty funny though

She's a really good character and her stories written by Aaron are very good, the problem is that she is used to replace Thor, I don't mind it but who is a fan of Thor hates her.
And she's fucking hot.
I think the only legacy characters that suck are Miles, Riri and Nadia.

I'd also argue Moon Girl. Angry fans and terrible guest stars aside her comics just aren't very good.
Cho Hulk I'm on the fence about because I just don't know why they bothered. He was fine as Cho

>She's a really good character and her stories written by Aaron are very good
Why would you lie to random people in an anonymous assyrian basket weaving board?

Cho can still be saved. They have to show how being the Hulk is altering his intelligence, and his personality when he's not transformed.

But I agree, he's better when he's not the Hulk.

His CWII tie-ins were actually alright. I think the bigger problem is just crossover madness. Can't get a handle of his character with Hulk influence if you're gonna have 15 writers touching it at once.

Basically everything from the Mighty Thor when she's not in it. Asgardians attacking Shi'Ar riding space longboats. Gladiator. War Thor.

I'm a fan of Thor and I don't hate her.
She just seems boring.

That's...actually quite accurate.

>I really like her concept and design. I think she's a cool looking character, and the idea of a hero with cancer plaguing her life seems cool. Plus she's a human thrown in a world of gods she barely got to see before.
That Aaron, he comes up with some AMAZING ideas but he rarely ever make them work. I think he needs a cowritter

>My issue is : she's written by a man.

fuck off, the failings are cause Aaron can't execute good ideas.

>fuck off
Read the rest of the phrase.

SJW shit

no, I'm tired of identity politics being an excuse for bad writing

There are none. The foundation of her cancerous character is rotten. All she has are her nice costume and good artists working on her book.

Her existence pisses on Thor Odinson, fuck her.

The writing was so bad it gave itself cancer

Kys

>Yeah when she got Ultimate Mjolnir from Volstagg and says "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO HAVE CANCER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

through nobody explores her cancer. It is always in the background. It is like thor arm getting his arm cut off. Nobody talks about it, It would be better if the hammer was the one giving her cancer.

Back to tumblr faggot

The thing is, OP, is that Jane's "battle" with cancer is damn joke and offensive to people who actually struggle with it. She wants to battle cancer on her own, given no special treatment whether it be magic or advanced super-science, and on paper I can somewhat respect that. However the problem lies with her contradictory actions and wanting to be "Thor". Mjolnir completely wipes clean any treatment shes given, chemotherapy or whatever, each time she transforms. So no, she's not battling cancer, shes wants it both ways, being a superhero while throwing the cancer card in everyones face. She should either give up Mjolnir to battle cancer the way a normal person would like she originally stated, or drop the hang-ups, get a magic cure, and just be a superhero. All of this is just pointless drama of her own making. Moreover, Marvel can't help but overcompensate how strong and empowering Jane to the point of giving her the ability to wield 2 Mjolnirs, and forcing the original Thor to get a new hammer entirely.

>Marvel can't help but overcompensate how strong and empowering Jane to the point of giving her the ability to wield 2 Mjolnirs
I agree with you, except Thor has wielded two mjolnirs as well.

From the trigger Sup Forums thread.

>If I post enough, People will agree with me.

>I don't have to provide a counter argument if I shit post enough.

>The thing is, OP, is that Jane's "battle" with cancer is damn joke and offensive to people who actually struggle with it. She wants to battle cancer on her own, given no special treatment whether it be magic or advanced super-science, and on paper I can somewhat respect that

Which it makes me wonder if magic can cure her cancer? Doctor strange can't save aunt may from a bullet or captain marvel cancer (i didn't read death of captain marvel issue).

many people have cures for cancer in Marvel

It's a minor nitpick, but I always loved how Thor had great vocabulary. It sounds like a shakespearian play.
Aaron doesn't deliver on that. He tries, but it sounds like someone trying to imitate it rather than actual people with funny expressions.

JaneThor has literally never delivered a "I Say thee NAY!" Line that actually hits home.

If they can cure Bruce Banner of Lou Gehrig's disease, they can cure her of cancer. For god's sake, as dumb as it sounds, Wakanda has a fucking cure for cancer.

>many people have cures for cancer in Marvel

Explain? I know Wakanda got the cure for cancer. But, I think they kept it a secret from outside world.

One issue with FemThor is literally everything she is doing has already been done in Thor and better

>Someone not actually Thor keeping up the Masquerade

Eric Masterson, who pretended to be the actual Thor and actually went out of his way to keep up the image AND tried to find a way to restore the real Thor, not basically stealing his life.

>Thor is juggling a life-crushing affliction

When Thor was cursed with brittle bones, Thor STILL went out of his way to be a hero, but he also didn't just ignore it and be contradictory

>Female is Thor

Done before in tons of Whatifs.

So all FemThor does is retread ground, and not in a good way; because while the other ones were Stories that involved Thor, the ACTUAL Thor as either a plot device or the main character, FemThor actively destroys Thor to build up Jane Fosters Thor.

Uh Jane says "MAGIC HAS A PRICE AND IF MAGIC CAN HEAL THEN WHY DO YOU HAVE A PROSTHETIC HUH ODINSON?!" I hate how sanctimonious she is, like she thinks she gets more brownie points because she has cancer

Nadia was good when Waid introduced her. Her solo by Whitely is where things went wrong.

The trick there is the Asgardian houses of healing have never, NEVER had such conditions and drawbacks.

Because the Asgardian houses of Healing are Kirbyesque Science-magic.

Not that user but there is Joshua Foley, A.K.A. Elixir. He heals disease, regrows limbs and even resurrects the dead with no strings attached.

Aside from that on infamous comic at the start of her run, she seems kinda just there. Nothing groundbreaking but nothing horrifying either. I haven't really heard anything about her positive or negative in most the time she's existed.

I like her design, but otherwise she seems kinda pointless.

Does he even know jane foster? What happen to him?

Honestly she isnt total shit. Just incredibly boring and insulting.

This guy is kinda right. It seems she just exists to piss on Thor and enmasculate him. She exists entirely to humiliate him and I wouldnt be surprised if that was the only intention of Aaron. Him being an agressive atheist and all.

The Mighty Thor Omnibuses have some articles by Stan Lee where he talks about Thor being his favorite character to write at the time because of the Shakespearean dialogue. He especially loved Volstagg because he was basically Falstaff.

Still with the X-Men under psychological evaluation.

Yep but that's her reasoning so fuck her. Also she acts sanctimonious about it because dons the hammer even though it setbacks the chemo but then she's actively making that choice to undo her chemo so why use "I'm so brave because I have cancer" also I don't get what's so brave about having cancer and I say this when my aunt has cancer, its not brave, they didn't choose to have it, it's just there.

Yeah but they're too focused on turning people into dinosaurs.

You're not brave for having cancer, you're brave when you choose not to let it take control of your life. Jane wants a pity party

Still, Jane foster wouldn't know his existence.

Jane being a disgusting hypocrite is nothing new. But again: No heroes at Marvel.

Don't they also have that other healer, the black kid from Cyke's child army era under Bendis?

I can believe that. She speaks like a modern day person, which is normal, but then she says "nay" ans it sounds like someone making fun of them.

exactly right. Also she's using the mjolnir to artificially extend her life, so she's actually escaping her disease. Whole thing is fucking retarded.

who doesn't love Volstagg at this point though? He's even surpassed Balder as most peoples second fav

Jane Foster isn't even looking for a cure. If she asked around, the X-Men could have introduced her to him in five minutes. Elixir using his powers on cancer wouldn't even make him break a sweat.

She has even gone to space and hasn't sought the technology to cure her magic phobic self. Meanwhile, she has been actively sabotaging her chemo to chase the high of being in a god's body.

She knows there's other means but since she's a doctor she wants to put her life on earth medicine.

>I'm going to blatantly ignore other advances in science because my dirtball of a planet has figured it out yet
No rational person thinks like this

Yeah I have to agree with this. God of Thunder and Gorr the God Butcher was excellent, I enjoyed his early Punisher Max. But I've disliked everything else he'said done because he always took something too far like with Frank's family death or just shut excution like Schism and AvX.

what makes it more stupid since she's supposed to be the representative of Midgard, so she has access to the tech of other worlds but refuses to use her assets, also she has a kid how come we never get to see him? She's just sucking Sams dick because YOLO she has cancer better dump everything else.

Does she even know any mutants? She has only been to space because she has to meet some asgardians and save few aliens. How long has she been a thor?

She isn't even doing that though and she knows it. Every time she uses Mjolnir it cancels out the therapy. When a doctor sees a treatment isn't working, they are supposed to look for a new treatment and she has the power, connections and opportunities to do so.

I really liked the War Thor arc, until Jane appeared.

How can Jane Thor have good stories when Thor himself doesn't?

Jane Foster as thor is so terrible, not even the smut good

Yeah, do we get to see the doctors reaction of seeing Jane's body reject Chemo? Irl they'd be doing something else.

Thor has one of the best records of good stories in Marvel

This is pretty sad, when Loki wants to break the cycle of Thor killing Loki, he breaks out of jail and fucking murders him.

That's the fundamental Sadness of the entire Thor series.

Cycles are so close to being broken, yet they cannot.

>That moment when Loki realizes he poisoned the only thing he ever truly had.
>The Love of his Brother Thor.

I believe she has met a number of X-Men like Beast, X-23 and Storm during CW2.

Yep it's a great book up till the end but I guess it fit in since as user said, the cycle is always close to being broken yet it can't.

>You now realise with Ragnarok movie, Even Rune King Thor could not end the circles within Circles.

It's a meta kind of feel.

Fuck the line Loki says was pretty sad, "You're the only one who ever truly loved me, so why am I killing you instead of the others? because you stopped" Fuck, it was great. Isn't current Loki a good guy right now? but Ulysses did see hiim turning evil again.

Well he's seemingly the villain of the current GotG run. Though we don't know what his motivations are yet.

He is kind of useless because he only raises zombies and heals some wounds.

From what I gather we have Two Lokis running around.

God of Stories Loki, who is desperately trying to avoid the fate of Blood Brothers, He doesn't want to be the God of Evil, he doesn't want to loose Thor's love.

He's sort of a trickster, trying to rewrite his story.

But we have the Old Loki skulking around, seemingly intent on making Young Loki fail.

Back to Sup Forums frog

God of stories Loki is same Loki who ran for president right?

Haven't been faithfully reading Marvel since Siege, only read shit that gets storytimed by Sup Forums but is Kitty still starlord? and is Peter still stuck in a different reality?

The one thing I hate about this entire run is Aaron harping up about "Gods being living fiction"

With the whole point Being Thor as an Elder God and Loki being a Giant that they are not bound by the wheel of Fate and Odin being the manipulator of his own story to ensure his Sons are not bound to the Yoke like he is.

Frogs are welcome in Thor threads

Yeah, I think so. Honestly as a long time Thor fan, after God of Thunder I pretty much stopped caring.

Thor already had this sense of grander scale, this feeling of a Fantasy novel on top of alot of the Super Hero theatrics.

JaneThor doesn't have that. Nothing of the Thor Mythos seems played straight or seriously.

Nah, everything was basically back to status quo before the new run (though there are some character changes at the start of the current run that are explained later in the run)

So yeah, Kitty broke off the engagement with peter because he became too distant while trying to run his planet, which he no longer runs because he fucked up.

So basically Bendis took his waifu with him when his run ended.

Kitty is leading X-men Gold. Peter is back movie version pretty much, at least last I read
The only thing Rune King Thor broke was the Ragnarok cycle, the Fates still hold people destiny in their hands

He has a beard now, which I admit Im digging. But yeah, he's basically back to movie Quill mode.

Drax is a pacifist, Gamora is pissed because she learned that part of her soul is stuck in the soul infinity stone, Rocket is depressed because Groot basically got killed and even though rocket was able to save a sliver, Groot is stuck in baby form due to reasons

If it is an event, she is probably too busy fighting villains to talk to a mutant.

Yeah I get what you mean, Thor feels like this being that transcends capes since you get a feel that he's something more. Speaking of mythos if Mjolnir is retcon to be an a cosmic storm trapped in a hammer, how the fuck did Odin create stormbreaker?

>Odin being the manipulator
Isn't he exiled from "Asgardia" now for being a shit ruler? I thought Asgard needed the odinforce to run?

I see Kitty is back with the X-men, Is she with Piotr now or what?

>She's been here a while, does she have any good stories?
No.

>My issue is : she's written by a man.
Mmm, except Jason Aaron isn't really a man. He's a typical big beardy blob of soy whose idea of alpha masculinity is to have Logan and "Odinson" talk about how much they love beer.
>Mmmm beeeeeer
>We shalt dwink massive quantities of MEAD LOLOL!!!

>How did Odin create Stormbreaker

Or Thunderstrike.

Or Throgs Hammer.

The answer is The retcon is fucking retarded, because even if there was a super mega cosmic storm in Mjolnir, Thor can literally Command Cosmic mega storms already.

Aaron's Odin is a fucking shambles.

I think he forgets Odin is one of the strongest fucking beings in the Universe and one of the wisest.

Yeah, it's also shown Odin can't control the hammer at all now because it's sentient, pretty shit retcon. Although in legacy it was shown that Thor gets a shinier hammer so idk who that's gonna work.

I'd love it if Odin just creates the hammer

>Fucking Storm bullshit here THOR have a proper Hammer.

>Whoever holds this Hammer has the Power of Thor
>It's actually just a spell that gives a costume, because Thor controled Lightning and storms without Mjolnir and The big cosmic Storm inside isn't Thor.

I kind of love that retcon. It is better than "Who got the biggest penis in the universe".

>Shits on the entire Mythos of Thor and Odin
>I like this

Literally retarded Opinion you have there mate.

What is the power of Thor anyway? I mean Thor can still control lightning and thunder and still has his humongous strength, so what was taken away from him? Mjolnir doesn't have the silver age shenanigans anymore.

This would be great.