In your brutality honest opinion, would X and Zero fit in well in the Marvel universe?

In your brutality honest opinion, would X and Zero fit in well in the Marvel universe?

No, but the cast of Street Fighter would pretty much seamlessly.

X is ok until he goes "I AM MORE" but doesn't Zero's presents make the maverick virus spread.

They'd be more trouble than their worth and villains would constantly try and take them.

>it would just be a fish out of water story and then they go back

They're already a fucking gay couple, so yes

What? No.

Mega Man X is set in the future.

Considering the Marvel Universe, even 2099, will never advance far enough to create a race of reploid-like robots to recreate the setting of their world...no.

It would be interesting to see the robots of the Marvel Universe go berserk.

Zero is purged of the Zero virus, but he can absorb the sigma virus back into his body.

X is already married... to justice.

Considering it's about super future hypertech in the year whatever the fuck

No.

Would X even remain a hero? I thought he was the reluctant figher simply because there was nobody else near his level to step up to the plate.

20xx

2099 is plausible.

OP never specified what time period after all (just if it fits in the marvel universe).

An interesting question. But I believe they could still manage a "nobody else is around, it's time for you to step up" story arc even in a universe full of superheroes.

X is still full of potential, and somebody would probably call on that.

Classic is 20XX. X moves into 21XX and 22XX.

Either way, even by marvel 2099 standards the tech in the X universe far exceeds the best thing Pym has ever constructed. X and Zero can literally create weapons out of thin air by fighting foes.

Nah, in X canon X is a mediocre fighter until he's pushed to his limits.

Zero is a much better fighter until push comes to shove. X is a B rank hunter.

That Hank Pym and the A.I.vengers mini-series would be perfect for them.
Other than that, always gotta have someone to keep Ultron in check.

Not as they are, the logic behind reploids existing with AI how is received on Earth 616 is not possible. Light and Wily having their back and forth private war would not be tolerated to get to the point of the X series.

Unless we take it that Light, Rock and eventually X existed on a planet identical to Earth somewhere far from regulation and the machinations there somehow all went untouched and unaware by the likes of Ultron, the Techno virus, Warlock, etc.

I think the bigger issue is X is a pacifist. But I don't believe X would remain on the sidelines if Reploids still exist and were causing trouble. He probably feels a sense of responsibility given they are basically his own offspring.

I could see it being a limited series.
>Zero Rekts the Marvel Universe: Seriously this guy is too OP, Nerf pls.

I don't see how Street Fighter would fit

In the world of Street Fighter, being able to fight alone is a super power that makes you stronger than most Marvel heroes with actual super powers, if SF was in Marvel it could mean suddenly every martial artist is suddenly superhuman too, or else it makes no sense

Or that Marvel's heroes don't train enough, and spent too much time on drama. Ryu and Ken have little to no drama in their lives. Akuma will not tolerate drama. To them, If you have time to shoot off your mouth, you have time to workout.

could zero beat him?

Many of Marvel's characters are canon "masters" of martial arts, Captain America is a master in ALL martial arts or some shit

Just being good at a single martial art in SF allows you to dodge bullets with ease, smash concrete with your bare hands/feet, and take tons of damage at the very least, and blow up islands with a single punch at the most

It just doesn't sync up, SF power levels are too much within their own world and anime esque

The Street Fighters would be street level at best, the bosses maybe mid tier. Also just because chi exist dosen't mean every one has the mentality to use it, half of the street fighters themselves can't even project energy.

I fucking love that game.

Akuma can blow up an island by punching it. Akuma can be defeated. It just doesn't fit, putting SF in Marvel would be like MK and DC, something has to give or else it makes no sense....you either nerf the SF characters or you buff up the power of martial arts in Marvel, neither of which is doing any favors.

SF characters are superheroes basically within their own universe, they can do crazy shit just because they can fight, chi or not, they are exaggerated abilities loosely based on real life martial arts, where in Marvel martial arts are just that, martial arts. One side would have to give or else it would make no sense. Zangeif wouldn't be able to fly 20 feet into the air when no other normal human could, he would just be a normal guy wrestling.

Or like that user said, they are the few who learned how to push beyond their mortal limits. Cap may be a good fighter, but let's face it, he need science to buff himself and never learned the proper means to reach higher height like Ryu through hard work. Shit Bison(Vega) cheated too, if that means anything to you.

>implying the alpha series are canon

Things could be appended so that they're tapping into some exclusive type of chi like Iron fist does.

X is B rank because he hates killing which fucks with his success ratio.

Once again, that's a change I don't see doing either side any favors.

Oh, Balrog can knock out an elephant even though he's just a normal guy just because he has a special chi? I don't like that idea, maybe you do, but I think the SF universe is unique in it's exaggeration of martial arts and don't think it fits in with Marvel. At that point to me, it becomes too....idk, Westernized. Like they need a super power like a mutant has, when SF is just about the power of fighting in general.

Why wouldn't it be...

Yeah but even the most basic SF characters have abilities far beyond the average non powered Marvel character, the whole thing is that martial artists have insane powers beyond non fighters. Sakura is a teenaged girl who mastered the same techniques as Ryu, maybe not "mastered" but was able to learn them, if she could so could any of the veteran Marvel guys who have been doing martial arts for years, it's just conflicting power levels and fictions

I've always hated when people bring this up, it's as if they've never paid attention to any of the story in the games. X is a pacifist, he hates fighting and killing and spends every game lamenting on having to put a maverick down despite the necessity of it. X is a B rank because he purposely avoids hunting missions and prefers to work in headquarters. In all of the games he's out hunting with Zero precisely because current incidents require all hands on deck. X-7 is the only exception because X has essentially ascended to leadership and has a valid excuse to stay behind. Zero is an S-rank hunter because he has no qualms about being a hunter and because he's fucking good at it. X however, is canon stronger than Zero, his potential is described in various games as "limitless" make no mistake about it, X is the strongest reploid in his time

no. his ranking is lower than zero's because he refuses to do nonsense killing and stops to save the humans and reploids that are in danger during the conflict. every time he needs to go save zero's ass or fix the mess zero did for being an edgylord. he is soloe'd sigma multiple times while zero got his shit wrecked by Sigma while he operating in full maverick mode the way Wily designed him.
X also go for the kill without thinking twice when the villains will not repent tho.
It is like how Superman and Hal have to deal with insane shitty situations and still keep it cool while batman gets a free pass and praised for letting gotham be a neverending shit hole

>he is soloe'd sigma multiple times while zero got his shit wrecked by Sigma while he operating in full maverick mode the way Wily designed him.

You forgot to mention that X soloed Sigma in increasingly more powerful forms, while Zero in Maverick mode got his shit kicked by base form Sigma.

>Why wouldn't it be...
each game contradicts the others.

there is no point in take them seriously,
hell alpha 3 is literally pick your poison: the ending.

In Mega Man X1 he gets completely fucked up by Vile. I know he has POTENTIAL, but X needs to fight before he can grow his strength. He does not start off strong by any measure. Don't worry, I know my shit.

He got caught in a cheat net and then later murdered the fucker while zero got killed

>he got caught in a cheat net
After getting fucked up and not being able to even make a dent on Vile's Ride Armor while Zero blew off its arm with a single shot
>and then later murdered the fucker while zero got killed
Again, he got fucked up by the Ride Armor beforehand and would have died right there if Zero didn't sacrifice himself to destroy it.

In X1 he was still weak but after that he is just a beast.

I love that X design but man, what a shitty RPG. From the music, to the characters getting sidelined, to the story. Can't believe this was made by Breath of Fire devs.

AS I LIVE, THERE IS NO EVIL THAT WILL STAND

From the RPG side of things, yeah it was considerably lacking. But at least it gave us some good characters and gave us a bit more X lore, which I've always been thirsty for.

>It is like how Superman and Hal have to deal with insane shitty situations and still keep it cool while batman gets a free pass and praised for letting gotham be a neverending shit hole
Bruh, it's not Batman's fault that Gotham is a corrupt shithole built over a hellmouth

I liked it exactly for being an 'unplugged' RPG of sorts. I wouldn't want to soak the 40 hours I spent on CT and FF6 when I was a kid on it and the battle system was also fun even if it was turnbased.

The fact the new cast got written out of the cinematics as soon as Axl and Zero joined up though is pure BS.