Sonic Archie

What ultimately lead to Archie's cancellation?

Incompetent higher ups.
Archie as a whole is slowly dying.

Penders and his league of Knuckles OCs

Hurricane Penders

Is Penders the Chris-Chan of official Sonic products?

>there's a new kid in town
>not an echidna

>way past cool
I get how they mean that, but it's much funnier the other way.

Sega getting tired of Penders trigger-happy lawsuits.

Very much so yes.

What like "Way past cool" in that Sonic is a hasbeen of a character and series?

I really like that despite all the widely different opinons and heated arguments among Sonic fans, everyone can agree that Penders is a cocksucker. It's unifying.

Bond through hate for a stunningly autistic man that loves his echdina OC family just a little too much, specially his waifu Lara-su.

is it me or he basically expanded knuckles' story to rom level proportions on a bigger scale (rom being part of the marvel universe while knuckles' expanded the archie sonic universe to have more stuff in it)?

except Bill Mantlo didn't cry foul when the license elapsed and marvel can't mention even Rom by name anymore.

Shockingly no, since Penders has actually had sex and even has a son (he gave his son a drawing of his stupid sonic shit as a present for his son's wedding, so Penders might actually have grandkids soon too).

A turbo autist who somehow ended up being far more successful at life than any autist has a right to be.

A decade ago most people who read the comics were firmly Penders fans. Even as late as 2012 we had storytime on Sup Forums where user's were adamant that Penders was a good writer.

Never underestimate the passage of time.

>Penders has actually had sex
Citation needed, his "wife" isn't married to him and his son is a step-son.

In family life Ken seems to be a good person, which makes it a shame he's a pissant professionally and publically.

Knuckles sandwich from Kenny boy.

Lawsuits pissing SEGA off and SEGA probably tired of the book being the way it is. They almost never advertised it or mentioned it at all, almost like they didn't want people to read it.

IDW Sonic should hopefully be a book they are more comfortable with so they'll actually treat it like it's a part of the franchise.

Add that to the fact Bill didn't claimed to have "Elevated the Marvel universe with his contribution" like Penders does to this day. He legitimately believes his dumb comic books are more important than the videogame franchise the IP coems from.

So how did this work out when Knuckles was supposed to be the last of his kind?

I like to believe that Sega ignored Archie comics until this happened and then they told some schmuck to read the comic for research and that guy had to make a presentation on just how off the wall the comics are until later issues

Then they found out about Flynn and they liked him and they lived happily ever after

Except ROM was at least slightly original, when Penders band his Echidnaa was a mess of whatever was on TV at the time Penders was writing.

Very, very early on, it was revealed that the echidnas weren't dead, they just had a secret city tucked away in warped space-time. And another one elsewhere.

They retconned the Sonic Adventure ones as just being savages with a tangential connection.

Bottom left one is kinda cute.

Actually...Chris Chan also had sex.

With his hand.

And his PS3.

JULAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!

She never showed up in the comic.
She's the only female guardian.
Ken never even bothered to explain why she died.

Science Knuckles
Rings Knuckles
Geordi Knuckles
Majin Knuckles
Hipster Knuckles
Punk Knuckles
Teal'c Knu'c'kles
Blind Knuckles
Indiana Knuckles
Shifty Knuckles
Sneaky Jnuckles
OC Knuckles
Old Kunckles
Female Knuckles
Rasta Knuckles
Wal-Mart Greeter Knucklers
Obi-Wan Kenuckles
Red Sonic

It's been like five years and it will never stop being funny.

Tell Tupac what's good.

>Ask Tupac whats good

Does anyone have that edit? I've been looking for it for years.

You typed out a meme picture that exists.
Congrats!

>his "wife" isn't married to him and his son is a step-son.

Source???

I'm not going through a million billion tweets to find when he refers to Stephen as his step-son. Bernie straight up doesn't live at the same address he does and kept her maiden name and apparently Knuckles and Julie-Su's non-marriage is based on Ken's real life situation according to the man himself.

How long before DC eats it up?

This is so goddamn stupid if you try to pay attention to it.

>eyelids within their sclera

And with a hooker.

He even tried to give her some "presents" after that