So, we should never invest in anyone other than Star or Marco, right?

So, we should never invest in anyone other than Star or Marco, right?

shouldn't invest in you, that's for sure

You should invest in a better tv show.

You should invest in some higher standards

Of all the characters in the show jackie is one of the stupidest to invest in. It's so obvious what path they're going with her.

Do you know where I can find a better show?

Right. How do we dare to invest in Star's mom or Star's main monster enemy. How do we dare to invest in Marco's actual girlfriend. We have shit taste and should kill ourselves.

Invest in this semen demon
Look how thicc and cute she is, I want her to sit on my face

The first choices are ok. But investing in Jackie is stupid. Marco doesn't even do it anymore so why should we?

>Nobody cars about Kelly.

More people care about her than Jackie - at least she's in the intro

she's a codependent bald bitch

We should invest in going to

Honestly what did anyone expect.

It was never going to be "Star vs. the Forces of Evil WITH JACKIE!" The show has a lot of characters and to some extent they all will by necessity come secondary to Star, the actual protagonist.

Fangbone is Star vs done right.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! LET ME LAUGH HARDER! HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAAHA!

At this point it might as well be Star vs. the Forces of Evil NOW WITHOUT JACKIE

Everyone else seems like they're gonna get some love

I want Jackie in my life. I want to take long walks with her down a California beach, I want to make out with her under a ramp at the skatepark at midnight. I want to listen to her ramble about history topics that she's passionate about. I want her to fall asleep on my lap while we're watching shitty horror movies. I want to make love to her on a cliff overlooking the city, getting a sniff of every natural scent she gives off. Kissing her all over. Feeling safe, warm, loved.

Please stop this shit. Nothing makes me cringe harder than "HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH" being posted constantly. Just stop

I hope Jackie doesn't end up with Jasper, that kid has nothing going for him.

Who?

MHC wasn't in the intro either. Probably there will be new characters that aren't featured as well.

But Jackie is treated incredibly well by the narrative in that she doesn't get shit on or made to look bad, so this reaction to a potential breakup and her no longer playing much of a role because she has no reason to is weird. It's like fans are inventing a Jackie abuse narrative in their heads and projecting it onto the fairly neutral treatment she actually receives in the show.

At this point not even Marco's worth investing in. He's just going to show up at whatever time they need to shove a Starco moment in an episode.

Marco is no longer a secondary protagonist. He's just another one of Star's accessories, one that is eventually going to make out with her.

Because they like to believe that Jackie will still be a friend that does shit with them outside of romance, a la Tom and Janna. They want to preserve the OT5 that they've been obsessed with since Bon Bon aired, even though the show is now showing that they have no intention to keep including Jackie in that group.

But the MHC were in the promos
Jackie is still a touchy subject.

Not even ?

Jackie's had two seasons to show a personality trait besides 'chill' and we ain't seen it. Who cares.

Janna's had two seasons to show a personality trait besides "witchy" and we ain't seen it.

Wanna try that again?

No, you can also be invested in characters like Ludo, Moon and Buff Frog.

Just don't waste time on temporary love interests.

Or Janna or Tom.
If you can be invested in either of them there should be no reason you can't in Jackie.

Why is that cringy? Everyone has a waifu, user.

Still, my point was more in the show itself it doesn't feel like a deliberate exclusion, since the crew would have designed the intro but not the promos themselves.

I think it also makes more sense for promos to show the immediate Eclipsa plot before the HOT TEEN DRAMA ACTION, but that's just me. Show kind of needs a selling plot point after half the villains are now gone.

Very few people care about those characters other than as shipping fodder.

True but one of the other promos included some of that drama on the side, even bringing up Tom and having a line by Janna.
And again, as much as people want to separate them, the romance and the Mewni plot DO intertwine

Jackie, Janna, and Tom are literally only good for that, you're right.

Honestly though, Jackie and Tom are the only ones whose characters actually lend themselves to that. And I actually want to see more of both of them, despite how bland people say Jackie is.

Any ships Janna has involve her being entire character being warped into some idealized version of her.

The Janna line is still a mystery re: what it's actually referring to (could be nothing but just sounds suitably dramatic), and for Tom at least showing him makes sense since Club Snubbed was the first new S3 episode we knew about. So neither of those are especially surprising.

I do believe the plots intertwine, but I think the logic behind the promos is that the major Mewni stuff being featured makes the new episodes look more interesting after months of no new content, compared to just romance stuff (shippers are a large part of the fandom but not the only part; if people were crying PANDERING after the obvious bait that was "smooch buddies" then making S3 look like just the romance season would probably get worse responses).

Thing is that Tom at least has a connection to the magical shit plot.

Janna at this point is just comic relief and someone Star talks to on Earth when Marco isn't available.

Gravity Falls
Or if you mean current shows, just watch anime.

I just want to see Jackie and Janna together for an episode.

AFAIK, it was promised

Give it time. She's in the intro now. She might have a bigger part this season.

When and by whom?

No it wasn't. A storyboarder said that Janna and Jackie will both be in season 3, but not necessarily Janna and Jackie together.

>just watch anime
then just fuck off to that board and just stay there

WOY is good, although it got fucked over by disney so be aware of that.

This meme sucks

You suck

You should just be a nostalgiafag and refuse to watch anything made after 2006. Just like me.

Good
We need starkie, not jankie

>Tom is only good for shipping fodder
fuck outta here

It's true.
Even with Marco he's just shipping fodder, admit it.

Fuck literally anyone who hates Jackie but loves the shit out of Janna and Tom.

Why would you want to?

T H I N N I N G

All girls are great

Because Starco gets me fucking angry.

He's fun and interesting, and has an actual character arc going on even though he's only been the focus of like three episodes. He has a unique role in the story as a Prince of Mewni that can give us insight on Mewnian society outside of the Butterfly Kingdom, as Buff Frog was used to give us a sympathetic view of Monsters. He is Star's ex-boyfriend, making him one of the few characters who was close to her before she met Marco. He is (or will soon be) on good terms with both Marco and Star, putting him in a unique position as their mutual good friend on the magical side of things.

Putting him on the level of fucking Janna is an insult.

Rank these 3 then: Tom, Jackie, Janna
Except we basically know Tom's on top. So rank the two others.

Tom, Jackie, Janna
I honestly don't care much about Janna

daily/threadly reminder to love and defend your waifu, and to thank the drawfags

also, even though i'm a jackiefag, i don't realistically see her winning the marcobowl in the very end. let's ride the good times until the very end, fellow jarcofags

Jarcofag =/= Jackiefag

>he would let his waifu get porked by a mestizo and be okay with it
See:
and feel bad.

Friendly reminder that you all got rused and Jackie already won, the series will end in no more than your average cartoon with star returning to mewni having learnt what she needed and the rest being open to interpretation.

That or Hekapoo

>So, we should never invest in anyone other than Star or Marco, right?
Friendly reminder that Marco purpose on the movie was just to give Star a hug

It doesn't feel like there's much reason to be invested in Marco anymore, beyond him making Star happy.

Was Marco a plot device all along?

Well, it is called "Star vs" for a reason.

Different user here but Tom's my fave from the cast. I actually like him more than Star. He's both amusing and interesting with his flaws, jerkhole behavior and genuine attempts to better himself

Anyone who thinks Janna is any better of a character than Jackie is lost in their headcanon

Not even needing to be MC user, but Ludo, Buff Frog, Queen Moon, Tom, Toffee even if he ded, got better character development and they can easily be part of the Mewni plot.

Marco doesn't feel anymore like Star sidekick.

I hope he'll get more interesting with the drama in Season 3 but if anything it seems like he'll get even less screentime, with Star being more active on Mewni without him.

Does anybody else feel that Starco moments aren't genuine anymore? Like, the writers just put them there to hype up the audience and to cause drama. Will we ever have a Starco moment like in BMB or when they were talking at the roof? The whole ending of season 2 felt rushed and was kinda all over the place.

>Toffee
>Character development
Where? Agree with the others.

I honestly think so too.

Characterization doesn't equal development. Jackie even got good characterization.

well, Toffee pretty much stayed the same, but at least he was an important part of the movie.
i just wish they drop already the fucking karate episodes

>Invest in Marco
Why, he's barely been relevant to the plot since Bon Bon. The show's called Star vs the forces of evil, not Star and Marco vs the forces of teenage drama

>Marco
Even as a Marcofag he doesn't have a lot going for his character.

Star, Moon, Toffee, Ludo, Tom, and maybe even Buff Frog have a lot more going on than Marco. Which is kind of sad for a deuteragonist.

>Will we ever have a Starco moment like in BMB or when they were talking at the roof?
With Star's feelings in the open, you can't anymore. At least not until the current tension has been resolved.

>this thread
Let me guess, another reason to not to invest in *cough* some characters *cough* is because Marco became barely a character?

Exactly the reason why characters like jackie don't matter, they have connections to Marco but not Star.

>gravity falls
>better than star vs
*inhales*
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAHAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He's got all the "character" he needs right here.

can anyone post the star reference sheet

i am going to learn how to draw by drawing stars

We don't need more shitty drawfags

i would never share my stars with anyone. they are for me to fap over

We will never have enough shitty drawfags

excuse me, please refer to
drawfags help make our dreams come true, user

Why does this give me weird tingles inside?

Confirmed for one asshole in the thread.

Honestly, can we just ignore this faggot already? Its probably mr peanut.

Is Esclipsa really evil?

She don't look like it...i mean, she look more "neutral" to me...what whould be her "goal" if she was evil?

>Hi user! I love you forever and ever!

With Ludo redeemed and Toffee dead she is really the only villain left, but I seriously doubt that they'll have the person that chose to get dicked by one of Mewni's misunderstood enemies to be fully evil.

Hey

>ywn have a cuddlebug as your wingman
Why do we go on?

post apocalypse gas mask jackie

Hey! *hugs and headpats*