Characters you can't get enough of

Characters you can't get enough of
I mean how did they achieve such perfection with him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cT2Pjg_Ppm0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

james woods is a godlike VA
same case with robin williams and genie
they gave them the creative freedom during voice acting and it ended up shaping the character's personality and the writing itself

I understand why there wasn't more of him, but it's still a pity.

Yeah and I am so happy that he has voiced him in every media since

Is it true that originally Hades was far more somber and cold (like in the actual myths, I think) and it was James Woods himself who came up with the final concept? I remember reading somewhere that his idea was to portrait Hades as a sort of "second-hand cars salesman" or something along that line.

Does Hades quip in the Kingdom Hearts games like he does in the movie?

“CAN IT, KEYBOY!”

Yes, in the original myths Hades is just kind of depressive except for when he kidnaps Persephone.

Yep, and James Woods still voices him too. Hell his Japanese VA can pull off a good James Woods impression.

>youtube.com/watch?v=cT2Pjg_Ppm0

I think Woods has mentioned that he will never turn down an offer to voice Hades as he just loves the character too much.

>Kidnaps

>"Hey lady, don't eat the food here or you'll have to live in the underworld forever"
>Goes and eats six pomegranate seeds

It's her own damn fault. I don't know why you would only eat six seeds anyway. That's less food than a single grape

He's James Woods.

What I meant was if Hades was like in the myths in the movie's first draft and if it's true that James Woods came up with the snappy version we know and cherish. I know how Hades is in the original Greek myths.

I think to remember she grew hungry, so decided to have just some pomegrenate seeds, thinking that wouldn't count.

Based James Woods

Can any other villain in Disney history beat Hades?

Wish he got more episodes that played up the tragic aspects of his character

I think one version of the myth is that she did it intentionally out of protest as she did truly love Hades.

To be fair, though, Hades in the myths is actually pretty content with his job and one of the less-dickish gods, though he did desire a bit of respect every now and then. The whole thing with Persephone was about the worst he ever got.

But of course, the Christian mindset makes us think "Underworld = evil", so Hades ends up being turned into a full villain in movies and comics.

>doesn't understand that there are different versions of this myth

Yup. Hades was originally supposed to be dark and menacing, but they preferred Woods' concept of Hades being a smooth talker.
Honestly it make a LOT more sense to have a schemer on such a cosmic scale be a talky sleezeball.

>I am the lord of the dead!
>Hah. No wonder nobody wants to die.
>*hair fire instantly red*

It always upsets me when I see Hades portrayed as the bad guy in modern media. Hades was the bro-est of the Greek pantheon. Poseidon was the real asshole.

The Greek gods outside of Ares and Hades were all dicks.

Poseidon was an ass ravaged water god who beleived he got the short straw and wished he could fulfill his horse fetish

>how did they achieve such perfection with him?
James Woods

If the legend of Persephone is anything to go by, Hades was damn near the /r9k/ god.

>my feet hurt
>these souls are loud
>watching Sisyphus is boring
>tfw no gf to rule the underworld with

calling it now Kingdom Hearts 3 is gonna be GOTY of 2018.

I miss him

>all the gods outside of war and underworld are shitheads
That's pretty interesting
How about the god of death? seems like the worse the thing you are the god of, the more likable you get

>well, I guess I'll be taking my loli and leaving

how dare they make a fictional interpretation of a fictional character that was created thousands of years ago

Don't know too much about Thanatos.

What i do know is that Ares was the only god who genuinely cared about his mortal children.

Also the god of smithing, Hephaestus, attempted to rape Athena one time and through Athena struggling and Hephaestus thrusting, Jizzed all over Athena's legs, which Athena wiped with wool, and threw it on the Earth, where it then impregnated the Earth which gave birth to Erichthonius

Ares was a famous dickhead. He turned his servant who forgot to wake him up one day into a rooster.

Except for Hephaestus. He never got the chance to be a dick. He was the punching bag for all the other Olympians

>Thanatos
Very chill god, he was the representation of a peaceful death. Got cucked by heracles though which left him salty.

Reminder that Medusa did nothing wrong and Athena is a fuck-ugly cunt