Are we done pretending this shit isn't fucking kino?

Are we done pretending this shit isn't fucking kino?

Attached: luke_skywalker_vs_kylo_ren_on_crait_by_chaosemperor971-dc05fux.jpg (1024x427, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ncpcbu5bSPE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are we done pretending these movies aren't jokes?

Attached: 1510548274970.jpg (500x500, 141K)

that might have been the worst thing in the movie

>show Luke doing insane jedi dodges
>turns out he's a projection
>dies

>pretending

Attached: #noregrets.jpg (376x214, 10K)

"Deh!"

Luke remained a coward til the end couldn't even show himself to his nephew, disgusting

>that CGI background
>ripping off movies from the 60-70s but making it look like videogame is kino
Leave shill, just leave

Quads don’t lie. This scene could’ve been great. I saw the dodging and was waiting for him to start fighting or do some crazy shit because those moves were slick. And then.... nothing.

Your gonna have to wait until May when there is a more recent Star Wars movie for everyone to argue about.

what about that shot is good? characters are too small, the background isn't uniform, drawing attention away from the characters, and the color of the lightsabers is lost because they are against different colors. the blue doesn't show against the blue sky, and the red doesn't show against the red and black rock.

h*lla f*cking k*no my friend xD

he also died a virgin who only ever kissed his sister

>we are what they grow beyond, that is the true burden of all masters

Attached: starwars.mkv_snapshot_01.24.14_[2018.03.13_18.31.04].jpg (1280x536, 108K)

>wants prequel tier wushu fights

What video game?

video games cant be kino faggot

Hommm epic simply epic

>CGI background
>retarded slow motion matrix moves
>magical OP force abilities
Anyone who likes this scene has zero right to criticize any prequel fights

Rian Johnson wants this to look like a painting but he doesn't have the humanity in him to pull it off.

God this scene would be great if Rey was a character worth caring about.
I think Johnson's new SW movies will be good. They won't have to use TFA's sludge.

This whole movie felt like a slap on the dick

Attached: 1521666778891.png (500x478, 114K)

>comparing this CGI shit to prequel kino wushi fights

Why didn't the resistance shoot at Kylo from a turret while he was exposed? Nah let's just run away behind that cave. Even if there wasn't those boulders blocking the way, What was their plan? Escaping on foot? IF Rey didn't come with the Falcon what where they going to do? This movie has so many plot holes it almost makes TFA consistent

Would have been more Kino if Luke were actually there and pulled the First Order ships down on Kylo from orbit. THEN had the lightsaber duel.

Man what a shit movie. Looking back at this scene, yeah, it was a nice fight scene, if you could even call it that. But what the hell was the point of Luke projecting himself if he was gonna fuckin die anyway. There was so much more that could've been done with Luke, wasted potential.

>people complaining that luke doesnt do badass jedi flips

yawn...

That's an extremely limited reading of the text, but ok.

He said "I came to this island to die," and that's exactly what he did. How do people not realize how fucking insanely powerful and impressive of a feat this was? He was completely in Kylo's head and trolled him massively with this move, demonstrating how much more powerful of a Jedi he was. He also saved the day thru non-violence, which is essentially the most Jedi thing you can do. He also knew that doing this would most likely end his life, but yeah, not courageous at all.

I swear this board's interpretation of this movie is fucking pedestrian at best. Sorry a Star Wars movie was too far over your heads.

He does flips in the OT you drooling plinkett drone.

They were calling for backup. Even though they were the only militarized force in the Galaxy since the Republic demilitarized.

This. You can always tell which posters grew up with the prequels instead of the Original Trilogy. It's incredible how easy it is.

Luke has been flipping since Empire, newshit

They were impressive too.

Two guys with swords against a striking landscape. . . .kino

>He also knew that doing this would most likely end his life
That's what's so dumb though.
Everything about Luke in the movie is fine except the dying part. The problem is that the dying itself is barely tied into anything.
It's not vital, therefore not compelling dramatically.
He could have lived and nothing changes about the movie.

What is with this non violence shit? Jedi killed all the time if they had no choice. Even Luke slaughtered the shit out of Jabba's men, but only after he gave them a chance to let them leave.

>prequels
>not the epitome of CGI shit
>changing the swordplay influenced from Samurai films to capeshit
>'''kino''''
*inhales*

see

Attached: 1516511686515.jpg (313x469, 20K)

Luke had to die. And he went like out like a savior. Period.

>But what the hell was the point of Luke projecting himself if he was gonna fuckin die anyway
maybe because
a) he didnt know where everyone was
b) he doesnt even have a working spaceship

forgot to add this

Attached: UwcO7Wf.gif (250x149, 1.63M)

see
TLJ used greenscreen out the wazoo though.

youtu.be/Ncpcbu5bSPE

EA did a fucking better Luke

>Why did you kill my men?
>They didn't give me a choice, you did

That shit made me cringe when I played it.
Does he think he's fucking Jesus or something? He acts so full of himself in this scene.

In comparison? Lucas actually sent a film crew to an erupting volcano to get shots for this. The fights were a huge upgrade as well, the OT fights are dated as hell plinketcuck

Attached: obi_vs_anakin.jpg (1920x816, 130K)

>story that literally makes no sense and falls apart when any logic is applied to any of the scenes
>shit all over Luke and the OT
>kino
Nice try shill. This film was fucking shit

>savior
>FO still runs galaxy
>friends are all dead
>Resistance is like 20 people
>untrained Rey

Rian Johnson please go and stay go.

That's open to interpreation; I'd say it would have been entirely unbelievably if he DIDN'T die after using such a mind/body/soul straining move. Earlier in the movie Kylo tells Rey "you're not doing this, the strain would kill you" when they're force-skyping, implying that projecting your image across the fucking galaxy is a costly, life-draining ability. He sacrificed himself to ensure the good guys won and he's going down as a legend in the galaxy because of it, as demonstrated by the final scene. His death was hardly in vain.

>if they had no choice
you just answered your own question. Jedi are not above violence, but their ideal is not remain peaceful at all costs.

compared to the alternative: everybody dead

yes a saviour

I knew it was coming. And I was still disappointed.
I just don't understand...
It was so fucking epic seeing Luke return right at the moment they needed him most. And Snoke's force shit with Rey only served to make it seem like Luke would be even more badass. And then... fuck I hate Rian so much

depends, are you done shilling it?

The difference between the very few jumps in the OT and the constant flipping of a single fight with Yoda in it should be obvious to anyone that isn't braindead.

>That's open to interpreation
No?
The actual dying is barely integrated into the script. It could be removed and nothing else changes.

>people doing martial arts is worse than cgi slow motion bullet dodging

what the fuck kind of drugs are you on? the matrix came out 20 years ago, that shit's been done to death.

Hadn't they already sent the signal and gotten no response though?

As far as visual go that whole part was just gorgeous

>pretending

I couldnt even get through it in one sitting.

Nah you just have bad taste.

Is this how he acted in the EU? I never touched the nonmovie stuff outside a few video games but I got the feeling that writing him like that was pure EU fanservice based on what I have heard

dem goalposts lookin mitey phine my niqqa

are we really going to pretend that the moment when he realises that it's a projection and luke is on that island with that music and his hair flying around isn't KINO?

this movie was made by a guy that hates star wars and star wars fans.

When you watch the movie with this in mind, it makes complete sense

>everything about Luke in the movie is fine
Try "most is wrong."

Yep. The galaxy was basically telling them to fuckoff and die. They had no other plans.

did you watch the movie? he literally does. what the fuck? he dodges kylo's attack with a matrix bullet dodge in to a Sheev spin. how fucking dishonest are tlj apologists?

It's the same Luke in RotJ
>do not underestimate my power

He gets preachy with Vader too

Attached: luke_jabbas_palace.jpg (856x480, 41K)

>he doesn't even have a working spaceship
There are other modes of travel

Attached: Superman.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

And the ideal thing is to go there and actually fight the FO, not leave the Resistance with like 20 people.

>Yes ok the movies are shit but please Sup Forums accept this short scene! I haven't been paid for my shilling yet this month and Mr. Goldberg Shekelstein is considering firing me!

What goalposts? What everyone complains about in the prequels is that the flipping is constant and the swordfighting is way too flashy and over the top. That's what they've always complained about. "You're a hypocrite because Luke performed a handful of jumps in the OT" is the counterpoint of the dishonest or the moronic.

You mean compared to the alternative of actually fucking going there himself or I dunno, getting off his sorry ass a few decades ago and never letting the FO come into power and maybe correcting his mistake with Kylo instead of running away from it like a bitch?

Attached: 1513937236051.png (756x661, 657K)

>Are you here to apologize?
>No
20 seconds later
>I'm sorry I failed you

Yea Leia forgot they got the galaxy to demilitarize too for some reason

>Holdo sacrifices herself to save the Resistance
20 seconds later
>Rose stops Finn from sacrificing himself
>If you kill your enemies, they win

There is a difference between being confident in your strength and acting like some sort of holy pure of heart deity. Every single line in that chapter is like this. That line in particular feels soooo preachy. The Vader scene he KINDA does it, but at least in that movie he's talking to his father who has fallen to the dark side. In the game it's literally just some dude he just met.

If I met Luke in real life, with no idea who he was, or what his deal is (like that soldier) and he said some cheesy shit like "they didn't give me a choice, you did" I'd roll my eyes so fucking hard

Disagree. People would call the unnecessary spins and flips in the OT bad if they were in the PT. You're the dishonest one.
I'm not saying the PT doesn't do it more, i'm saying that the way plinkettdrones talk you'd think OT duels were two guys locked in meditative psychic battles with no lightsabers.

>How do people not realize how fucking insanely powerful and impressive of a feat this was?
because it killed him
>demonstrating how much more powerful of a Jedi he was
it killed him. the best he could do is die making a prank call. how the fuck is that powerful? it didn't do anything.
>He also saved the day thru non-violence
he didn't save the day. the resistance had already made it to the back door by the time Ben and luke faced each other. The door was still blocked and they had no transport off the planet. Had Rey not used her Mary Sue to figure out what ravine they were hiding in, shown up with the falcon and been able to move a land slide in the force despite having learned nothing the entire film, it would have all been for nothing.
Non-violence? Did you miss the part where he said the war has just begun and the resistance has been reborn? what part of that is non-violence? The part where he tells Ben he isn't even going to try saving his soul?
>He also knew that doing this would most likely end his life, but yeah, not courageous at all.
Yeah, it isn't. Dying having solved none of the problems you created isn't courageous, it's cowardly. It wasn't like the resistance couldn't just come pick him up.

>Luke: I'm not here to bring him back...
>Leia: I suppose he's lost
>Luke: OMG no one's really lost you bitch, have some fucking hope
what did Rian mean by this?

>the soybois in the audience
>rian is so genius!

Attached: 1516231744029.gif (800x371, 105K)

So where were they running at at the bakc of the cave? Wouldn't it have been better to fight till the end instead of running away? But I guess Rian wanted to show that Poe, the toxic male, learned his lesson and understand that you don't solve your problems by jumping in a ship and fighting, running away is so much more masculine. This movie is a pinki haired male hating feminist wet dream.

In response to killing your troops but letting you live? What would you have preferred he said?

>If I met Luke in real life, with no idea who he was, or what his deal is (like that soldier) and he said some cheesy shit like "they didn't give me a choice, you did" I'd roll my eyes so fucking hard
Actually you'd be one of the dead faggots he sliced in half.

>It's a metaphor

Attached: rian_trilogy_kill.jpg (890x1353, 267K)

>Earlier in the movie Kylo tells Rey "you're not doing this, the strain would kill you"

Is English not your first language? I keep seeing people make this quote, yet they don't understand it. He's talking to the complete novice Rey, the unspoken part of the sentence is, "the strain would kill you, meaning someone else has to be doing it." Which would be foreshadowing that Snoke is the one behind it all since Luke is the only other powerful force user and he's cut himself off from the force. Why do TLJ apologist keep misinterpreting their own film?

Only MaReySue can bring him back.

with her barren vagina

well he is a confirmed prequels fan

>I'm gonna burn the Jedi text
>Yoda appears, burns them before him
>BUT DA SACRED JEDI TEXTS?!

Attached: Star.Wars.The.Last.Jedi.2017.720p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4_snapshot_01.22.42_[2018.03.12_01.57.22]. (1280x536, 43K)

"They shot at me". Something subtle.
At the very least, if they had to keep the line, the delivery needed to be changed to make it sound like he saved him for a reason other than to let him know how nice he is

Yea probably tbf

>shits on PT Jedi for "allowing" Sidious to rise
>fan

>learned his lesson and understand that you don't solve your problems by jumping in a ship and fighting

isn't that exactly what Rey did not 20 minutes earlier?

>slaps Poe for being a reckless flyboy
>haha, wanna get in a fighter and blow some shit up?
>I like him

no

But it's the fact that it could only be pulled OFF by someone as powerful as Luke or Snoke

The PT went over your head.

what you want him to do pull out a lightsaber and fight the entire first order?

luke even says this in the movie

Attached: leia_splits_ship.webm (640x360, 728K)

which is exactly what I said? That it's not foreshadowing that Luke's projection will kill him, it's foreshadowing that there's someone behind the force link between them, Snoke.

>People would call the unnecessary spins and flips in the OT bad if they were in the PT
what flip in the OT are you referring to?

Like you did with the Empire? No fucking shit you pussy.