Is there a kids' cartoon episode darker than City of Stone...

Is there a kids' cartoon episode darker than City of Stone, where Demona goes around killing humans on screen while they're statues and leaves at least one person without arms?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CjI0TdvVbqI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Damned if I can't think of one.

She maimed a kid (first hunter) beat people to death with her mace. Shattered people while stone. For a disney afternoon cartoon, gargoles was pretty brutal.

So was Demona just pissed because she got cucked?

>We'll never get a live action Gargoyles movie full of amazing anamatronics work, and Jonathan Frakes playing Xanatos

>if they make a movie they probably wouldnt even use the themesong

youtube.com/watch?v=CjI0TdvVbqI

1000 years of no dick will turn you into a bitch.

I think she fucked Macbeth

>leaves at least one person without arms?
I'm pretty sure that breaking even a piece of the stone kills the gargoyle

when the show eventually comes back I would like it at a pg-13 level, not edgy, just what I call simpsons level

This is my favourite show of all time, but the only thing I don't like about it is the theme song

repeatedly, and even more when she was a human. Craig said so.

Batman Beyond would give that a run for its money.

Funny part is that you see that couple she smashed cameo in several episodes after, as well as the wife play a role in Chronicles.

Ben 10 ua "to catch a falling star"

bump

No, she was pissed because her own actions led to her getting cucked, and instead of admitting it, she got pissed more and cucked herself further.

It's a vicious cycle.

Maybe the episode where Broadway shot Elisa with her own gun?

There was that one time that she was on the run from police in her human form, and came across that farm. And met that farm boy, who got an erection from seeing a half naked woman running around. So she ended up fucking him to get out stress until the sun came down, and she transformed while still connected to him, laughing maniacally as he climaxed inside of her.

My memory is foggy but I recall that episode being pretty intense.

Can't remember that one
Does somebody have the souce?

The mighty Max Episode where, Max Royally fucked up and got his entire team of Hero's killed.

>I don't like the themesong

you get the fuck out and drown yourself

I-i'm not sure this happened...

Yep I remember that one. Monkey King was kill and then he had to leave behind the others to cover his escape

Demona was right

Didn't they censor kid's face like they did with Broadway's gun episode?

Pretty much. IIRC, they just show him holding his face afterwards.

I think they kept that, but they cut out much of the blood so it just sort of jumps around. At least the dvds remained uncensored as I understand.

That one episode where Norman refuses to let Max enter a house where someone just got butchered by a renegade murder god.

If Norman of all people says its too gruesome, damn that must've been brutal.

Yeah!
Mr freeze ep or the cyborgs ep in example.
You mean the prosecutor voiced by T McNeill?
I specifically remembered she got distracted before smashing them.
Yeah, that one too!

I thought she ONLY did that when human during their fake marriage. He wouldn't survive H/G sex, according to Weissman. No human could. Female Gargoyles go all berserker barrage when they pop.

That episode of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command where the blue alien chick has her suit punctured in space during a firefight so she fucking dies on Mars or whatever and Buzz completely loses it because it's the second apprentice he lost on his watch and he sells his soul or whatever to go back in time to make sure it never happens by killing the bad guy instead of just stunning him.

Do you think all the people who shattered were recognized as not only missing but as shattered statues? Or do you think people just moved on without any closure on their loved ones or whoever else?
I guess Weisman has spoken about these episodes as a sort of "don't think too hard about the consequences" thing since the enormity of them would mean tens of thousands dead in a very bizarre and public way and that's clearly not the case in the show

>don't think too hard

I dont think they're ever explicit about it, but it seems implied they could heal. If you broke an ear off, they'd get a new one. They heal when turning to stone.

Humans.....don't do that?

I just wonder wtf people in like jersey and shit thought of NY turning to stone. surely someone outside NY noticed this disaster.

So what's the limit? How much of a statue Gargoyle would you need to smash before it wouldn't come to life during the day? A Limb? Smash it's head in? Separate the head from the body?

She's just a hateful, wrathful creature that transforms any mistake she hates towards some sort of outlet onto someone/something else.

Even when it's revealed that they are more gargoyles all over the world, she still can't be happy.

Even if it doesn't he probably bled out like a minute after going back to normal.

If a Gargoyle is broken, then they don't turn back, they're dead and remain as stone.

Remember, Coldstone was made out of the remains of three different gargoyles.

Apparently a lot of people never actually saw this episode? I read that Disney pulled it from the rotation because it was too graphic to have a gun pointed right at the viewer, but I actually remember seeing it several times – the one I never saw in broadcast was the stupid 90s VR episode where Goliath goes inside Coldstone's mind.

If I remember right, she walks offscreen and you think they're safe, then shoots them from offscreen.

They also edited some scenes instead of just pulling the whole episode at times. The last episode of the gathering where Oberon came for the baby, Xanatos's dad shot him with a iron hook and it originally showed him get hit impaled in the chest and start to age into an almost corpse like appearance. In reruns they edited it so you saw the dad shoot the gun then a speedup of him ageing and then his speech. Plus I think they edited the one with death when t hey were in Egypt or just straight up pulled it from rotation.

I do recall the harpoon scene being edited down from the YouTube version Disney uploaded a few years ago. Also, Easter Island and Africa were pulled from the Avalon World Tour, no idea why.

I'd say that Shadow Raiders and Extreme Ghostbusters gave Gargolyes competition in the dark shit department.

High Death count, hopeless scenerios, racial animosity that wasn't cured in an instant, choices having consequences, Shadow Raider had it all.

Extreme Ghostbusters could be downright horrifying in its designs and the terrible fates it's ghost could inflict, from body horror like Deadliners to creepy shot like the Grundel

>He wouldn't survive H/G sex, according to Weissman. No human could. Female Gargoyles go all berserker barrage when they pop.
Oh man, that's how I wanna go

>the horrors of immortality.
>ai controlled Nano machines that wanted to blanket the planet to kill everything.
>demona losing her kids at the start of the series.
>ancient trickster god that fucking with you constantly and nearly makes you kill your good buddie in a mass illusion.
>people going full cyborgs stripping away flesh for machine.

Show was metal as fuck. Tbh

That's how hack writers defend their mediocre work.

Because they sucked?

To this day, David Xanatos is still the most competent Disney villain.

"I finally saw the two statues that people thought were Brendan & Margot. Certainly, they looks like them a bit. But trust me. Two different people got destroyed. That woman was a brunette. And the guy was wearing a toupee."

Most of the Avalon World Tour sucked. Why did those two, in particular, get cut while British Columbia or Prague, or the fucking Island of Misfit Toys did not?

Also, not to take away from Demona killing people, but I really appreciated the story telling ability of the writers. When Demona is first casting the spell, Owen was there watching and he knew immediately that she was using the wrong spell and tried to stop her. As a kid watching it for tyhe first time I remember asking myself how he knew that? It wasn't revealed till about a season later but it was worth it for the reveal. Just good foreshadowing and making the viewer ask questions.

Damnit greg, lol.

Im so glad this thread is still up, bump

best girl

>Not the case in the show.
It's literally called a massacre in-setting.

Hah, too bad no one peiced a bunch of dead human statues togather.

This episode had a very messed up implication of what Batman would do if he ever killed someone.

The one where they go to the "bad end" future even if doesn't turn out to be real.
Eyeless Broadway crying always gets me.

That never happened
At least not the sex thing

I like to think Beowulf died like a worrier fighting endless hordes of lava monster

FUCK THIS EPISODE!!!

By the Gargoyles and their associates. No human civilian even speaks about shattered statues. The newscast seems almost incredulous to the very idea of anyone turning to stone.

>"Hold on old friend... the sun will heal you."
>"T-the sun? I can see it... it's beautiful... do you see it Goliath? It's beautiful..."

Next day, hundreds of missing people reports are made.

which one was worse this one or the TMNT03 one?

Darkness is hard to measure at the higher ends.

What illusion?

Is that a canon answer though?

>Demona losing her kid at the start of the series

Her kid survived tho.

Unless you were talking about all the Gargoyles in general.

One of the Hottest Disney characters by far

bump

If the show ever comes back I think they would have to recast broadway,
because nobody would take this scene seriously with the voice of patrick star.

Yeah but she didn't know that though. Even when her future self showed her Goliath frozen in stone she didn't know her child survived. They also said all children are shared, no one is a mother or father but the clans.

how would you introduce the gargoyles if they awoke in 2017?

I shit you not, there was a Winx Club episode when the bad witches' army massacred a city/academy/whatever.

It'd probably be a lot harder for them to keep their existence secret since there's a shit ton more surveillance equipment and CCTVs

Literally nothing changes except maybe the production design isn't quite so '90s.

MML recently had an episode where it's revealed Cavendish dies repeatedly on missions and Dakota has to go back to save him everytime, replacing his old self and sending that Dakota to an island populated by the other hundreds of replaced Dakota's.
There's even an onscreen death montage.

Speaking of, I'd love to see Weisman collaborate with Dan & Swampy.

Jut think of the world building and continuity.

more than the 90s?

>one of the main antagonists commit mass murder in both time periods
>its virtually irrelevant to people after the arc is finished

I rewatched the show a couple of years ago. For as much as people like to praise Gargoyles, the show was really, REALLY bad at pacing itself and following up on its own stories.

>spend time trying to have stories around boring side villains that were obviously meant to initially exist for only one episode
>the conclusions of major arcs are half-assed

I'd say he was too competent. That shit they pulled in the first season with all the "Haha even though I lost I still win" was borderline Villain Sue. And they really didn't do a good job of making it clear he was a villain, he was way too likable.

I say that Thailog was the best villain in Gargoyles.

The twist about Jackal being a robot felt pretty unnecessary. Especially since Xanatos is a guy that we know uses robo-suits.

>And they really didn't do a good job of making it clear he was a villain, he was way too likable.

By the end he wasn't even a villain.

Yea, it's a community. The eggs are put together and everyone raises them as their own. It's a human thing to care who your mother/father are.

Though with ALL the eggs being gone, demona does know her child is gone too.

he has doom bots?

They never go into this, but they show them healing from wounds after a rest.

He was smashed to pieces. He didn't have a finger broken off, he was completely and totally bashed apart. We never see a middle area on this in the show.

Wounds from before they turned to stone

And even then there's somethings turning to stone didn't heal. Like the scar on Hudson's eye

You know what I hated about the stone-by-day thing? It's not even related to the sun, the second it's daytime they just turn to stone wherever. Felt like the could've done more plotwise without having that little tidbit

That scar was magic damage.

>I rewatched the show a couple of years ago. For as much as people like to praise Gargoyles, the show was really, REALLY bad at pacing itself and following up on its own stories.

Yeah, people say that Goliath Chronicles is when the show went to shit, but it had already begun a rapid downhill descent with the World Tour arc in season 2. 26 consecutive episodes of the characters in a row boat doing nonstop world building. It's every bit as boring as the Goliath Chronicles and stops the show dead. I mean, the season picks up when they get back to New York and the finale ramps up, but that whole 26 episode stretch is absolutely awful.

Some of those episodes are really stale too. Only having goliath, bronx and angela gets boring as fuck. I'd have 4-8 of those episodes down easily. Give us a "back in NY" episode or two. They only had one, ONE fucking episode of the gang back in NY with goliath gone and it was shared with an avalon one. Id have explored that more instead of...monsters of the week episodes.

On top of all of the obvious reasons why she's mad, finding out that her reborn boyfriend has fallen for the first human woman he sees is probably something that drove her off the deep end. Finding out only later on that she had a surviving daughter helped pull her back to some rationality in the end.

World building is good, but its something that should be done... gracefully? As a byproduct of establishing the characters, the setting, the background, motivations, etc.

The World Tour arc was like it was trying to dump all of the series world building all at once. Like Weisman wanted to get it all over with. For the life of me, I don't know why that man gets worshipped as some sort of strategic storytelling genius. The World Tour arc is some of the worst storytelling I've ever seen, at least in regards to plotting a long form narrative.

That's right, he did get that from the Archmage, didn't he?

But even if it wasn't, I think any sufficiently severe wound wouldn't heal completely.

This is kind of mentioned earlier in the thread, but most of the Avalon World Tour episodes really suck. Like, really, REALLY suck. I can only remember a handful of them and they're mostly garbage.

There are a few that stand out as worthwhile to the ongoing narrative (Scotland, Paris), but the rest are lame backdoor pilots to spinoffs that never happened, or just plain filler. Ditch London, ditch Easter Island, ditch fucking Japan... do we really need to rehash that the Eye of Odin is bad news? No? Ditch fucking Norway. I'm not even sure that I saw Egypt when the show was still in syndication, so ditch that too.

But apparently they had to come up with an assload of filler episodes to meet the season two episode order, so here we are.

I think a lot of fans conflate Weisman with the type of Master Planner villains he loves to write (Xanatos, Osbourne, Luthor). But Weisman-himself is actually pretty shit at planning his seasons and narratives.

I mean, he claims that he always plots everything for 65 episodes regardless of whether he's been approved for that many episodes by the network. Then when his shows get cancelled prematurely, none of his storylines are seen to any sort of satisfaction (Spectacular Spider-Man, Young Justice, Witch).

But Gargoyles was the show that GOT 65 episodes and even it have to shove 26 episodes of frantic world-building on the backend that slowed everything down to a crawl and sidelined all the characters viewers liked for half a fucking year. THAT was his 65-episode master plan?

The guy's a hack.

>he claims that he always plots everything for 65 episodes regardless of whether he's been approved for that many episodes by the network
>But Gargoyles was the show that GOT 65 episodes and even it have to shove 26 episodes of frantic world-building on the backend that slowed everything down to a crawl and sidelined all the characters viewers liked for half a fucking year.
I think he started writing for 65 episodes BECAUSE of Gargoyles. I definitely recall reading that they weren't prepared for a 52 episode order and had to pad it with a bunch of extraneous crap.

>For the life of me, I don't know why that man gets worshipped as some sort of strategic storytelling genius

He's a producer. I never give him credit, I shit on him every time the show comes up. At the end of the day, Garogoyles was a product. It had to produce 65 more episodes, and they did. He wasn't even part of the initial first 5 episodes. The idea he had plans for 65 is absurd when he was lucky to be brought in on a project he envisioned totally differently. Weisman didn't set up the eggs or demona or any of the pieces he got to work with, other writers did. He likes being in the public eye and writing and such.

>I'm not even sure that I saw Egypt when the show was still in syndication, so ditch that too.

That's a dumb fucking reason to ditch an episode user, you're being a fucking autist. Just because its out of place for you. It's actually a really good episode and deals with death in a neutral manner, unlike other shows that make death a villain.

>everyone I disagree with is an autist