Do you think Donald ever worries that Huey, Dewey and Louie will love Scrooge more than they love him?

Do you think Donald ever worries that Huey, Dewey and Louie will love Scrooge more than they love him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TXVHy1g9Xv0&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=PT1p9lo9QUw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Donnie knows that nobody will respect him for the sacrifices he made.
But someone's gotta keep doing it, because it's the right thing to do.

Well he's kinda at fault too, since he was such an overprotective square.

Is there anything Donald DOESN'T worry about?

That kinda happens when your uncle's actions and or inaction got your sister killed.

Rock and roll.

If it was something drastic like that, he wouldn't ask his uncle to watch over her kids then.

>Donald’s at fault for being responsible and caring about the safety for his nephews
Nah, fuck that, Louie was a little shit.

>Donnie knows that nobody will respect him for the sacrifices he made.
>But someone's gotta keep doing it, because it's the right thing to do.

Why worry about something you know to be fact?

Lousy little ingrates. Phooey!

>Donnie knows that nobody will respect him for the sacrifices he made
false. false as Fuck!

there are several storylines where either he thinks he has no respect - and is shown that many, many people really respect him more than anything - or when he knows that he's a harsh, but fair parent to the boys.

then again these are the non-ducktails stories, so I don't know how canon you wanna count them.

Which storylines?

Obviously talking about DT2017.

Uncles are very secondary on family love hierarchy.

I say this with sadness in heart since while my niece likes and respects me a lot, to her I'm definitely not as imoortant as grandma or her parents.

The duck who never was
W.H.A.D.A.L.O.T.T.A.J.A.R.G.O.N
A Letter From Home

there are several more, but these are some that really stuck with me, at least.
pic related is a bit of a spoiler for "a letter from home", and as you can see, Scrooge really values donald, even has a little bit of envy for him, and plenty of respect, as he imagines that donald would look less favorably on him, which he doesn't want.

I know, but I like to share.

Also that short story where Donald gets superpowers.

Yeah, I liked that Don Rosa story.
Of course, there's tons more stories that do show how his nephews actually do appreciate and love him, just as he appreciates and loves his nephews back.

I do hope that the new Ducktales series will have more episodes showing Donald as a heroic parent figure. Must of course include his trademark bad luck and anger too.
I'm really liking the portrayal of Donald Duck in this show.

My pede

Donald is a war veteran with severe PTSD. The poor duck was there at Pearl Harbor and every battle in the Pacific. His nephews are what keep him from ending up as one of the 22 vets that commit suicide every day.

Without them, he could perhaps go find a nice girl to be constantly angry with.

New promo.
youtube.com/watch?v=TXVHy1g9Xv0&feature=youtu.be

Well, that ought to shut up the anons who complain about
>muh adventures
Oh, who am I kidding, the complaints will just be focused on Webby again because she's in it.

>22 vets that commit suicide every day.
Fuck is that a real statistic?

Fuck man, looking at that image brought me tears.

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs did a studdy, and some say the numbers are higher. Most were men of older age followed by men of younger age followed by a small fraction of women of any age.

He def does

Jeeze, Disney XD advertising crew. Chill out on the cuts.

wouldn't it be weird if that Egyptian-looking ruins was under Duckburg?

The pyramid is mobile.

No, the library of Alexandria is under it in one of Rosa's stories.

We're stuck in Midgar

Is 8:00 am central?

Havent been keeping up with the new show. But any chance the other two of low tres cavalleros will show up?

He's also racist against black ducks.

At least Louie realized he was a little shit.

I mean on the other hand he's ten and Gladstone IS cool. It's nice meeting the guy in the family you have shit in common with. Donald did the right thing by not shutting Louie out of that, which shows his improved post-pilot parenting, imo.

A defeatist like Donald goes past worrying and has convinced himself that they do or that it's only a matter of time.

It genuinely sucks that even after risking their lives for our freedoms they never get the help they need. It hurts honestly.

In 2013 it averaged 22 a day. Now its 20 a day but you could be right about it being higher.

Support and help your vets when you can. And if you meet one, just say "Thank you for your service." More likely than not, they'll appreciate the simple, modest words of gratitude. As opposed to being used a political props from either side.

Does Donald have some stories were he's badass or win at the end like Scrooge

He has a superhero spin-off as the "Duck Avenger" where he is basically a less egotistical but more angry Darkwing Duck.

I'd love to see how these two would interact. I imagine it would be far more confrontational than Darkwing and Gizmo's spats, since PK /Duck Avenger has far less patience to deal with anyone's shit, let alone someone as arrogant as DW.

By the way, am I right in that St. Canard is never mentioned an any euro duck comics?

Statistically speaking, which one of them is gay?

It's Huey

Fat lot of good it would do them if they DID. Scrooge wouldn't let them have even penny of his fortune even after he died

Hopefully parents are most important but grandparents definitely depends on the specific family, I know some families where that is flipped.

now you know why it's called "cucktales"

Tons of studies and evidence show that PTSD and combat damages brain cells and the brain in general in a real, physically measurable way. But the United States goes out of its wat to sabotage, not provide, defend, and prevent all mental health care and related services as hard as it can, to the point it spends money to make people remain sick and suicidal. Also why there are so many spree killings. I don't know why. I'd guess there's some crony capitialism where some industries benefit from all the unecessary homicides and men killing themselves.

Sorry, meant to say the US government defunds all mental health care and works hard and expensively to make it more difficult to get.

Will this show become a spiritual successor to Gravity Falls?

Not much better on a state level. No one here seems to care about the welfare of the mentally ill in terms of real treatment, but the word of a stranger saying you might hurt yourself can get you locked up for a month (without bothering to help with things that you might actually be dealing with). Or however long before your insurance runs out, then they dump you without much of a thought. End blog. Yeah, it's a piss poor system all around.

No. It'll be a spiritual successor to Ducktales.

I make it a habit to thank every veteran i meet, even my own father and grandfather. My father served in Iraq in 04-07 and saw action in Sadr City and my grandfather is an Air Force veteran of Korea while piloting bombers.

>Donnie knows that nobody will respect him for the sacrifices he made
>But someone's gotta keep doing it, because it's the right thing to do
Stop making me crave what can never be, user...

I'm sure you're proud, and rightfully so. It's a strange thing to ask, especially given where we are, but could you give a thanks for me, if you remember the next time you see them? This random user appreciates what they've done.

Give him one from me too user.

Hell, just give him a hug.

Considering you're here with us ,that maybe a good thing...

Anyway... hugs 4u user!!!

A really nice girl would be happy to help with the nephews.>i sure love it here in ISIS
>i'm so happy that us soldiers took out Saddam Hussain ,so we would have freedom to practice our religion

But yeah , the state shoul support vets over unemployd healthy men and single moms.

pretty much, but that makes me worried

What if DuckTales inherits GF's failings?

Will she appear this season?

Will Sport Goofy make an appearance?

Haven't seen the reboot yet, is it any good?

I was worried about the token female, how do things compare to the old version?

It's okay.

I think Webby would be better received if she wasn't the focus of most episodes so far. To be honest, the kids in general have too much focus, not enough focus on Scrooge.

How does it compare to the original? This is definitely a modern cartoon. It lacks the gentleness of the original and is more joke heavy. This new version is very similar to Gravity Falls but I think comparisons to Venture Bros are also warranted.

I stopped watching after episode 4, did it get better? Did start having adventures yet or is still about 3 nephews?

We're holding out hope for the upcoming episode

It is a good craving, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=PT1p9lo9QUw

I appreciated how his characterization in this scene is no different from how he acted in the camping Mickey short.