South Park

New season any good?
Also Goth episode when?

I like it better than the last two. It's more slice of life again.

>New season any good?

Eh.

I dropped it after the first two episodes. Just not funny at all.

Hit and miss. The Tweek episode was great and last episode was great, the others were eh.

Why is Randy a main character now?

They made fun of Trump......

I’m a fag for South Park so I’m pretty biased, but they’ve only really hit the mark with two episodes so far for me.

The Tweek and Craig ep, and the latest one about Hummels.

I hope we get another Goth episode this season.

>Also Goth episode when?
Hopefully never

Dropped it after the first couple of episodes because the Cartman and Heidi ongoing...thing is completely unfunny to me.

I'll pick it up again if we ever get back to stupid little slice of life adventures. A Goth episode would be fine too.

not enough heidi

I thought they said they weren't going to to that.

>Goth
Not revelant anymore.
Making fun of current trends is top priority

South Park should've ended a long time ago

I liked the Heroin and Hummels episode, that was pretty good.

They gotta tone down all the Randy bullshit though

This.
Rick and Morty is the new South Park senpai.

Eww. No.

They have the same edgy teenager fanbase man.

South Park fans never sperged over a product that was mentioned in their show the way Rick and Morty fans did over Szechuan sauce.

too much heidi.

He's the "Homer Simpson" of the series. However, unlike The Simpsons and Family Guy, he's not THE main character. He doesn't get the same kind of attention as Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin.

Why don't Stan or Kyle get episodes anymore?

Last week's episode was a Stan Episode.

The worst episode of South Park is more comfy and rewatchable than the best episode of Rick and Morty.

They struck an okay balance- it didn't subject people to another upsetting obnoxious caricature harassing them, and instead showed a second-hand effect of Trump.

>zip lining episode
hmm idk about that

TFBW spoilers

The new game tangentially touches on Trump in the final arc. It's also a reference to Stephen King's Dead Zone, but given the timing of the game a lot of people may read into it being a Trump knock.

You know, when Mitch Connors gets voted into office because he's going to fix everything unlike the "bitch of a mayor" and then everything goes to hell.

This was fucking hilarious.

He's literally Peter Parker at this point.

what?

Though it was for sure a little prod at Trump with some of the imagery, I figured it more plays into the the hero story cliche of the vigilante being used by a corrupt politician as a scapegoat in his or her rise to power.

South Park fans are way more sensitive and obsessed than Rick and Morty Fans though.

A better comparison is South Park and MLP, nearly the same fandom.

It gets better. I mean it's not like 'golden age' stuff, but it's a lot better than the last few seasons. The first couple episodes were kinda 'fixing' all the shit the last couple seasons fucked up.

Not really.

This thread made me give the current season a second chance, and damn if the Hummel episode isn't really fucking enjoyable.

Why are all the episodes about Stan's grandpa so fucking entertaining? The old people driving, cash4gold and the latest hummels episodes were all so good.

Think there will be many more good episodes this season?

if they completely drop the continuity thing dropped and keep good on their promise to keep the season less obnoxiously political, then yeah.

like nigga i don't give a shit about trump im not even american

I got more Dead Zone vibes, because in Dead Zone, the main character John Smith ends up having a psychic vision of Greg Stillson, an obscure but charismatic and batshit crazy salesman, being sworn in as POTUS with nuclear war and hellfire soon to follow. This fits in with TFBW because as soon as Conner (instigated by charismatic but batshit crazy Cartman...maybe?) is sworn in, the entire town is devastated by the adults constantly celebrating Christmas, the Woodland Critters, and all the other crazy shit that happens. The main difference is that instead of trying to assassinate Conner with a rifle like John Smith does, you do time travel shenanigans to prevent it which fits more in line with the capeshit tropes. It was pretty mental when you go back in time to fight past versions of yourselves and then you do the hidden timefart so you have three versions of the New Kid going on the battlefield at once

But anyways considering the time we're in and the image everyone has of Trump causing death and destruction by being POTUS, I thought it was yet another knock on Trump...though less on the nose than Mister Garrison fucking everyone to death and daring NK to bomb Tweek over Twitter.

still pushing the Russia narrative

It was pretty dumb since it was trying to equate the rising NK tensions as because of Trump calling them fags when its been a thing 20 years in the making due to every country in the world shaking their fists but refusing to actually do anything about it.

That being said I fucking laughed my ass off at
>I know that kid Tweek, he's fucking with you, North Korea. Get a clue, I'll bet he took a dump in the batter

Old people characters like Cotton Hill, Carter Pewterschmidt and grandpa Marsh all seem to fit this funny mold where they're serious but they do weird things- but it doesn't come off as wacky, they're just serious as fuck about "in my day we fucking did it this way so you do it this way or I'm going to kick your ass" kind of way.

I guess it's a different, funnier kind of comedy than the "le wacky stupid dad" comedy of Randy and Peter Griffin

It wasn't trying to equate anything, it was just teasing the whole "Trump mocking NK on twitter" shit.

Who was this unfunny faggot supposed to be?

Forgot my image.
Why not just use Butters instead of this OC Donut steel?

>go ahead and do it kim jong dong, tweek isn't afraid of your shit

the coon and friends episode was awful, they had a good idea with the butters fake news thing but they wasted it, they should have dropped everything else and focus on that like make butters company grow to the point that he becomes a ceo of a multinational corporation or something

The entire episode was retarded
>Cartman of all people unable to hit back with online bullying

Show's about randy now, and needs to be put out of it's misery.

Some people really liked him.

South park has reached the point were you can have multiple sections of the fandom claim that X episode was the best in the season cause South Park has a lot of methods to make their story.

I particularly liked Nathan after his third appearance in season 18, so maybe if this guy shows up again he'll gain more appeal.

Fuck you, Marcus was cute.

>Fat annoying count cute

It's been a while sense South Park made an child character with an adult personality, (the last one I can remember was the Hannibal kid from the toilet paper episode).

His dialogue is probably the best part, not using any slang and speaking very thorough regarding a hummel stuck in a mascots ass.

Speaking of the Hannibal kid, I was seriously expecting him to show up in TFBH after TPing the Pals HQ or kidnapping a member or something, especially since there are some TP'd houses and trees in the Mayor Mitch timeline and it would probably be a fun Boss Fight, dodging toilet paper and shit.

I liked Marcus though, a child with the personality of a serious crime show protagonist was funny.

>trying to keep people from overdosing makes you an annoying cunt
ok

even the horsefuckers weren't as bad as R&M fags

oh yeah, I laughed SOOOOOO hard at the old lady farting and grandpa beating the shit outta her
then there was the huge laughing fit I had when they had that totally not a tie in to their new vidya gaym. totally funny, especially when Zuckerberg keeps talking about his style, SO funny man

>Implying I Should’ve Never Gone Ziplining is a bad episode

I've enjoyed it a lot so far, with the exception of the first episode which was sort of meh. I just didn't get the Randy parts. Too nuanced and subtle for me and I had no concept of house renovation reality shows since I haven't watched broadcast TV in years. Other episodes were very good.

Every fucking time these days. Did that episode inspire a goddamned cult in the last year or so?

but they sperg out with references in public in similar fashion, just go to a gamsestop or FYE
>WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!!!!
>GINGERS DONT HAVE SOULS!!!!!
>IM PICKLE RICK!!!!!
>DEY TUK 'AUR JERBS!!
>WHERE ARE MY TESTICLES, SUMMER???
>I AM LORDE YA-YA-YA!!!!!

I love sp but the fandom can be pretty annoying, although not AS bad

i liked it the first time i watched it
every time afterward it got worse for me

Ziplining is a good episode for me, I always lose my shit when it cuts to the regular people playing the roles of them on a boat.

I've never seen a single person scream any South Park references in public. And I've met a lot of stupid people.

I've heard my share of screw you guys I'm going home and hella sweet/lame

not even middle schoolers? damn my town sucks

The live action scenes are great, but the rest of the episode you actually have to understand the context of the joke their making to 'get' the episode. It's like people who don't like the earlier episodes, not because they're bad but the references are sop dated you can't 'get' it anymore.

I dunno, I feel like being sold a day out in the forest doing some fun sounding shit and then having to spend hours on a shitty guided tour full of terrible boring people who love guided tours and make it all go really slowly was somehow a pretty universal experience.

Nah dude, the ziplining episode just blows. You can still get enjoyment out of Barbara Streisand turning into a mecha and fighting Sidney Poitier because even without the names attached it's fucking mecha fighting. There's enjoyment in Garrison getting a nosejob and turning into David Hasselhoff because even without the name it's a cardboard cutout turning into a realistic handsome sexy actor.

Don't get me wrong, you get more if you understand who the people are, but they can stand on their own. The ziplining episode just fell flat. Nothing wrong with that; in a 21 season show that still retains some modicum of quality you're gonna get one or two irredeemable episodes. At least the live action scenes make it something worth seeing for the uniqueness.

agree that NK problem is because of many administrations' complacency and failure for decades. And it's good that Trump is taking a stronger stance against China for enabling NK, a big improvement from previous administrations which would thank China instead of holding them accountable (all carrots instead of carrots and sticks).

Overall, Trump is better on NK than Bush or Obama. That doesn't mean he has been perfect though, and Trump's tweeting has helped nothing, and it undermines US diplomats when he threatens to fire them in the middle of negotiations.

Those are real things someone would say. You think Trey and Matt made up "dude weak"?
Pickle rick is specific to the show.

Mark my words, Rick and Morty it's gonna explode on popularity, gets tiresome, and die on 4th or 5th season.

The series can't hide that long how much of one-trick pony they are.

It was horrifying looking at stan kissing the indian.

i meant randy

Only episode i liked was last episode. Did people really like the creek episode that much? I though it was just as weak as the other ones in this season...

I think eh is the best word for it

As long as they keep the quality as the last one I'm good, the first episodes aren't bad but I've had enough Randy, politics and fan pandering for a while.

t. conformist

Tweak is hilarious in any episode he's in. He pairs well with Craig, non sexually, and his song was hilarious. The texting and driving thing was funny, but the tie in with Trump was low hanging fruit. Cartman's ongoing domestic abuse is probably the best running gag they've had in years. The only thing bad about the episode is the politics.

Cartman's treatment of Heidi isn't really that funny. Great for their characters, but not that funny.

Personally I think one of the better running gags lately was with Kaitlyn Brenner's "Buckle up, buckaroos!" It may have been an easy shock laugh but it managed to get me every time

t. I can't accept that the early 2000s is over

I really liked him and felt like he was a good addition to the episode. He seemed a lot smarter than Butters but had a lot of strange jumps in logic that an 8 or 9 year old would.

Why do the goth kids have so much fan art?

Tumblr.

>This triggers Sup Forums

>Typical weeb shit art

There technically was one already. If you want another then who knows.

Probably not. Each subsequent season has been worse, but still gets higher ratings than the last.

I hope for a new Goth episode. I laught a lot with them cause I used to have a classmate in the college that was a perfect copy of the fat bitch, in body and personality.

Did you do her user?

Nope.
Pickle kino is here to stay.

>Next episode is a Halloween episode
>Involves a “witches curse”
There is a possibility user

>implying the witch won't be Heidi

you mean "spinoff series when?"

It's Randy. And also Gerald, Stewart and a bunch of other SP dads?

This. I feel like the episode was going for ironically dull with the premise, but the "irony" that survival story shows suck wasn't enough to counteract the dullness for me. Not even close. Too meta in all the worst ways.

The video game prequel episode was pretty good for what it was.

I agree. But that might just be because I loved badly dubbed HK kung fu movies as a kid, so I was able to enjoy the weird randomness of Zuckerberg along with the overall premise of flooding facebook with misinformation.