Left: cartoons aren't just for kids!

>left: cartoons aren't just for kids!
>right: cartoons are just for kids, but there's no shame in indulging in something primarily for children every once in a while. However, consuming solely such things is not a good thing, and those things will always truly be for children and have no mature qualities. Comics are a different matter.

>The Fembot Hunch v The Stacy Stand

good thread

>comics are a different matter

kek

I unironically agree that mature comics have more value than "mature" cartoons. Their artistic highs are higher, at least.

Both sides are wrong. The real chad stance is being able to see the pros and cons of each side, balancing your opinion between them, and ultimately just doing what you enjoy. Also, saying cartoons have no mature qualities ever at all is as stupid as saying they're always mature.

>Left: Ow my fucking neck!
>Right: I don't watch animated cartoon programs.

we need a third option that denounces any soulless content regardless of who's it aimed for

most stuff with "mature qualities" out there feels empty and boring
and most of it appeals to the older generation of adults who are more easily impressed

really just watch anything as long as it's good and you like it

this.

Why do people think that animation is inherently childish as a medium? That doesn't make any sense. There's nothing sbout the medium that forces you to make something that isn't mature.

Because of tradition. Not only in the way it's viewed by the public, but also because with cartoons it will most likely be largely produced by people educated for and interested in children's content, even if the creative director has something else in mind.

It's the remnants of the previous generation of superficial idiots who only watched cartoons as kids and think any cartoon is inherently childish.

Think of it as the (hate having to use this example) "Anonette, don't play videogames because they're for boys" people.

If you're over 20 and enjoy any kind of entertainment outside maybe football on the weekend you're a basement dwelling loser virgin kissless handholdless worthless nobody good for nothing manchild.

But football is literally a dying medium due to their retarded policies

“When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
-C.S. Lewis

>if you're over 25 and haven't played this game end your miserable existence right fucking now.

this, and saying otherwise isn't going to help Western animation

> watching 20 men kick a sphere for an hour and a half
No thanks, I am not autistic

Man, I hang out with many people on their 20s, many of them Chads and Staceys, and nobody see anything wring in whatching cartoons.

>Comics are a different matter.

I see...

>implying cartoon arn't exclusively for adults and you are a bad parent if you let your child watch any

EVERY single cartoon ever made (except Azumanga Daioh) are strictly for children and should NEVER be watched by self-respecting adults.

It's true I watched a cartoon once and now I'm here .

fpbp

>(except Azumanga Daioh)
This but unironically.

love watching azumanga daioh while my kids are distracted watching superjail

makes me feel like such a good parent

This. The true chad doesn't live in fear of what others might think. He rests securely in the fact that his interests are validated by their worth and the enjoyment he receives from them, and nothing more.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself

This is just so obvious. Sup Forums recent obssession with being seem as chad shows more how insecure people here are than anything.

How is picture related?

Girl from the OP.

That's because mature cartoons are always the same nihilistic, depressive cynicism filled garbage with toilet jokes added to it.

To be fair there are no animated cartoons remotely as cool as pic related.

lel

/thread

This is a lie.

No it isn't. Try talking with people.

For example just discovered that my super Stacy boss also loves to play Skyrim and read Game of Thrones, along with loving many cartoons.

In a party at college also just meet a girl that was super into Mystery Inc.

People these days are less faggots over things that they like.

The first two are literally normie tier you fucking faggot. And Scooby-Doo is well known enough to not automatically make you an outcast for liking it.

This is pretty much what OP is implicitly getting at. It's bait

GOLEM BE GONE

>Left: My neck is really long
>Right: Cool my neck is normal

Yes man, fantasy books and cartoons are normie tier, which means that people wont go full autistic over you liking it or not.

Congratulations, that IS the point, dumbass.

based

>being a fencesitter

No one will berate you for liking Aladdin well into your late years

The Maxx wasn't.

What's with this trend of people trying to convince everyone else that their interests are immature?

Why try to make people into stale and listless adults? I can't imagine it would make you terribly happy.

When both sides are basically lava, the "fence" is the best place to sit.

Because most socially adjusted people, those that we call normies, dont often have an interest in cartoons.
To the extent of their knowledge, they only know of children's shows such as Spongebob or the Powerpuff girls. So pretty much they assume any animated medium, bright flashy colors or otherwise, is for children.

To them, cartoons like Rick and Morty or South Park, are the exception, but ONLY if it reaches the mainstream. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those so called "normies" saw South Park for the first time and said,"why don't they make more adult animated shows like this?" When i bet most of you could argue why saying shows like R&M and Southpark are for adults is laughable.

tl;dr bright,flashy,animated = children
muted colors,live action = everybody fucking else

The fence is lava, too.

>right: cartoons are just for kids
Wrong.

That's against the rules, asshole

it's called shitposting faggot

No, but time and time again cartoons attract in droves people that could be best described as the exact opposite of mature and emotionally balanced.

That may not mean cartoons are bad per se, but after the szechuan sauce fiasco and Savinogate, one realizes the stigma is there for a good reason.

Because they don't regard or think about cartoons at all in the first place.

Same shit, different day, user

I get it. Sickle Rick.

>fantasy books and cartoons are normie tier
That is not what I wrote. Reread the post, and try to keep up this time.

Enjoy your Hostess Fruit Pies user!

>comics are a different matter
so your personal favorite form of media is better than another, big surprise.

But to what end?
What is to be gained?

People who watch cartoons in adulthood are humans who can't stand looking at other humans.

>Left: Comically obtuse exaggeration of an argument I dislike
>Right: My argument, stated with pure logical confidence!
>user: OP is a faggot.

>caught in between two lava flows
>thinks he won't catch fire anyway

Humans are repulsive manipulative liars so I can get that.

The fence is wider than you think.

Far wider than the two streams of lava even.

Keep telling yourself that.

Good job fumbling over a quote from Miyazaki, dipshit, here's a (You)

Why is C.S. Lewis so fucking based?

Anyone with a hint of rational cognition could tell you the same.

Ah he was being a retard ironically.

Thank God. He was so convincing as an idiot.

The Fantastic Planet wasn't.

Normies and chads don't exist. Everyone has something they obsess over. No one is special.

Grave of the Fireflies wasn't.

For the (you)s
>wheredoyouthinkweare.png

cope

>being a moron

Because society will never accept manchildren.
Sometimes Sup Forums does the right thing and tells you to stop choosing feels over reals. Sometimes.

The fence is slightly cooler lava. Gives me a leg to stand on.

That's the empty mindless response for dismissal.
What's the true answer?

>Existence attracts people that could be considered human

Sorry user, I already know you're lying.
You see, I am a member of society.

That's just an animator mocking the quality of their work.

Or so you think.

Everyone's on fire. You just happen to be wrong.

so that means you will never get laid cuz you have a small dick

Rick and Morty isn't

Mope

So I know.

People generally don't care what you like so long as you're not obnoxious about it.

>society will never accept manchildren
what is the entertainment industry?

My [nigga]

And so long as it isn't kids, or mlp, or both.

That's how the MGTOW movement as a whole seems to me. Just the male counterparts to insecure feminists who prop up their deflated egos and self-hatred by projecting their issues into an ideology. With a heaping helping of cognitive dissonance.

hope

Nope

You can like mlp. Just don't be weird about it.
Which at this point pretty much means just a passing mention, and nothing more.

That's the redpill you retard.
MGTOW is basically the blackpill, that there is no hope for certain guys (particularly the ugly ones).

Dope.

Another part of society that doesn't accept them?

Unless you're in Japan... if so, carry on.