Batman - The Brave and the Bold Storytime part 1

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Ktn2kFnQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Based

>Based
Yes.

THIS is what I like to see when the World's Finest interact.

>THIS is what I like to see when the World's Finest interact.
Same.

pastebin.com/Ktn2kFnQ

Preacher user, thank you for posting these, since I was a huge fan of the show. It's one of my favorite incarnations of the DCU.

I always enjoyed how BTBATB took a Silver-Age DCU and then promptly filled it up with a lot of more modern characters and concepts retrofitted into that Silver Age fun and wackiness, yet still made sure the universe's plot elements and characterizations were played completely straight and taken seriously, and even implied some light continuity and time had passed in the world. I also love the very subtle, yet vital, realization that as the show went on the showrunners adopted media influences of the biggest heroes of the time - Wonder Woman having a homage to her '77 show's theme in her first appearance, but much more importantly Batman's particular world gradually incorporated the '66 show's elements until you could truthfully say this was a non-campy '66 Batman and Robin finally given a full and thematic appropriate DCU to play with. The show and now the comics really make it feel like an entire interconnected world with the constant team-ups between the heroes and different heroes fighting different villains instead of sticking to their own little corners of the universe.

Essentially, a played-straight Adam West Batman within a played-straight Silver Age DCU that allows both badassery and clear-cut heroics and goodness. What a great example of why superheroes should be fun.

>Preacher user, thank you for posting these, since I was a huge fan of the show. It's one of my favorite incarnations of the DCU.
You welcome user. i miss the show so much.

holy crap, joan rivers is STACKED!

She looks terrible straight up to panel two of , then suddenly straight-up cute from the side.

TAFT IS IN THE HOUSE!