Tfw you will never have a perfect Adventure Time game

>tfw you will never have a perfect Adventure Time game.
>with Botw like exploration and combat
>with Witcher 3 like side quests with all the colourful inhabitants of Ooo.
>with graphics faithful to the cartoon like the various Naruto NinjaStorm games.
>tfw you will always be stuck with shitty pixel dungeon crawlers and a weird point and click adventure game.
>why even live, our timeline is the definition of homosexual.

(Adventure Time thread)

Either make it yourself or convince someone higher up to put a word in.

>perfect game
>for a shit show

The Witcher games are garbage tho

>with Botw like exploration and combat

Thank god. Open-World games are a disease and that hasn't changed just because Nintendo finally caught up with that trend.

>Adventure Time
>BotW
>The Witcher 3
>Ninja Storm

I take solace in knowing I will never have shit tastes like OP. You either have to pretend to like this shit to get replies or you're a High Schooler who brags about Sup Forums to his Anime Club buddies.

(inhales) BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The first 2? Maybe.
TW 3 is good.

>>BotW
>>The Witcher 3
Can someone explain me what's wrong with these? They are not genius masterpieces like the critics say but they aren't bad games.

Nah, they are all bad. It feels weightless when you move and fight. And the company that makes it are punk bitches with their new game.

That's my only issue. I will admit with BotW, and all recent Nintendo games, that I am being contrarian as a counter to how incredibly over the top the praise is that they receive. It's a disease of the industry that there are a few giants who continue to coast on their glory days and all other efforts are deemed imitations of them. Nintendo is probably the most extreme example of this. Every platformer is Mario, every hack-and-slash is Zelda.

Basically Nintendo is the Disney/Pixar of games.

>shadow of war clone
>instead of Uruk captains its just princesses

I agree 100% and that is actually the comparison I use when talking to people oftentimes. I think their games to be kind of soulless too, much like many Disney films.

>>Open-World games are a disease and that hasn't changed just because Nintendo finally caught up with that trend.

THIS. Just because BOTW is a great game that doesn't mean another developer could copy the same success with another property.

Open world games are awful by design. What could be a tight, well though out placement of locations in a more condensed map was padded out with too much empty space and quest markers. There's no thought put behind open and barren land, no matter how pretty people claim it looks.

There are people who legitimately think that taking 3 to 5 minutes walking from point A to point B is fun, because it shows how "realistic" the game can be in that aspect. That defeats the whole fucking purpose of playing video games. It's like waiting for the game to load the next interesting area, except you're controlling the speed of the loading bar to some degree.

You should always be put in the action of the game and never have to settle for half-assed efforts that are masked by marketing.
>WOW! FIVE TIMES THE SIZE OF SAN ANDREAS
Epic dude. That means five times more space that's completely worthless. Can't wait to drive from Los Santos to some shithole 5 miles away doing the same thing I did in every other GTA game.

At the very least games like Yakuza had the decency to keep things to a well-defined and colorful City that's easy to navigate and move around in (sans Little China. Fuck Little China)

My problem with open words it's that most of the time they are big just to be big and are actually really empty when you think for a bit. Games are trying to hard to make the players think that """your choice matters!!""" and they have ""great exploration""".

Like Uncharted being good and having well placed out gameplay elements compared to assassins creed having a huge world of copy paste content.

Yakuza is barely open-world. It's basically modern River City Ransom. I don't really consider it the game thing.

What’s wrong with open-world games? Do you like your games more level to level style instead of exploration?

Honestly I'm just worried that we will never get a traditional Zelda again. I like the old format

That style is best done top down as a handheld or otherwise. Bring back something in the style of oracle of ages/seasons or the like. LttP/it's follow up were solid.

The 3D meets its spiritual endpoint with BotW. The original developer created the series with the idea of exploration and discovery built in. Just create a new game with a BotW style engine but set it during the war for the Triforce. Make everything more magical (rather than tech) and run with it.

Open world could be excellent if they nailed rewarding exploration. Think the lighthouse quest in Skyrim: nothing points to it (iirc) as a point of particular interest, other than it having an icon on the map. then you get in and are greeted with a seemingly classic "find out why everyone is dead" quest, and it ends up taking all the way across ruins into a massive subterranean cave with ruins and quests of it's own and connecting to other ruins and points in the overworld.

Not everything has to have such massive scope, but you make each location more unique and have cool stuff like that, and remove pointers telling you where to go and suddenly you have a world that invites you to explore and where you never know what the next cave or castle could hold. another great example is how many smaller settlements in Oblivion had different shit going on, like the one where everyone is invisible, rather than being just another place with some merchants and radiant/fetch quests.

After that it's just a matter of getting the scale and spacing right so that you don't have to ride for eons to get somewhere.

>no perfect waifu material like the Halo series has with Cortana

Bruh.

> I need to make a Sup Forums thread
fine, go do it there

>Cartoon Network wont make an AT game like Skyrim for them to make shit loads of money on
>Why live

BotW is literally just a god damn Farcry/Assassin’s Creed/Skyrim game with the thinnest veneer of Zelda applied. There’s barely even a god damn soundtrack. If you like empty space so much why don’t you just walk into a desert

Honestly the AT fad doesn't exist anymore. 5 years back it would've been quite the hit, now it would barely made it's development money back, if at all.

I don't even like Adventure Time, but Secret of the Nameless Kingdom was great

>Sup Forums is the new Sup Forums
Good to know

>BotW manages to make even Sup Forums asspained

>Farcry/Assassin’s Creed/Skyrim game
Apart from having an open-world, BotW doesn't play like any of these.

First of all, that's way too fucking much to expect from a single game based on a cartoon.
3d combat can be very hit or miss, and if the combat sucks then the game sucks.
And having graphics faithful to the cartoon is fucking impossible in a full 3d world.

The best way to do an adventure time video game is to either go 2d, or an isometric camera view like pic related.
>>tfw you will always be stuck with shitty pixel dungeon crawlers
Blow it out your ass, you taste in games is shit.

>Climbing towers to map the local area and it’s key points of interest.
>collecting food and pausing the game mid-combat to scarf down loads of it in order to instantaneously heal yourself at will
>crafting potions with specific, timed buffs
>the quest system works exactly the same as elder scrolls
>weapon durability
>chance encounters with small bands of roving monsters or happening upon someone being attacked

The only remotely original thing are the sheikah slate tools, and those blue puzzle room things are decent.

To add to this, Zelda has always been primarily about ingenious level design and BotW is almost entirely bereft of it. The strengths of the series was its ability to change the way you approached a new level/dungeon by introducing a tool like the hookshot, boomerang etc and forcing you to use it to solve a specific set of challenges. BotW blandly throws all of it’s tools at you at the beginning of the game without so much as a plot of grass dedicated to their introduction. The puzzle rooms are all made using the same aesthetic and tiles even though they’re the only part of the game you actually need to be awake in order to play resulting in the game aggressively trying to leave as little an impression as possible. All the dialogue/voice acting is absolute trash too. Good job hiring Yuri Lowenthal!

>>the quest system works exactly the same as elder scrolls
No it doesn't.

>with Witcher 3 like side quests with all the colourful inhabitants of Ooo.
>Use your Adventure Senses to find the missing Candy Citizen
Nah I'm good

you act like this show is worth any of that
spoiler: it's not

Would've been smart to do in like 2012, just like that Movie

>with Botw like """combat"""

Not actually Adventure Time, but Hyper Light Drifter has a similar feel to some of the darker episodes, though more serious. The music is by Disasterpeace, who wrote a bunch of synth background music for Adventure Time, and the character sprite looks like Finn down to the hat with ears. The main difference is the game is actually really good, so I think its the best we're going to get.

ach pen will probably program tat when he's fifty or something, just with different dudes

Trust this user, their wisdom will bring you the fulfillment you desire

Fuck that, AT for crosstag battle when?

Who do you main in a AT fighting game?

please play under night it is a good game