Every cartoon you watch is happening for real in some alternate dimension, and yet you're stuck in this boring...

Every cartoon you watch is happening for real in some alternate dimension, and yet you're stuck in this boring, uninteresting reality.

Now, let me get this straight.

Somehow, alternative dimensions exist. How is it that they somehow
A) Create the Milky Way Galaxy
B) Create the Solar System
C) Create planet Earth
D) Have the same geography on Earth
E) Have the same history up to a certain point
F) All contain normal looking humans
G) Speak English

Is this really unreasonable when the whole basis of OP's post is hinged on the assumption that there are an infinite number of alternate dimensions?

People know that infinite dimensions≠infinite possibilities, right? Like how there are infinite numbers between 1 and 2 but none are 3?

But we're not talking about the infinite number of universes between 1 and 2. We're talking about the infinite universes inbetween infinity and infinity.

If I had a choice to leave in the cartoon world, I would rather live in real life.

But in those universes you probably wouldn't be the hero. You'd be a backround character, if that.

Infinite divided by seven different parameters is still infinite. There's nothing finite about the INfinite.

Going by multiverse theory, there exists a reality where your waifu secretly wishes that you were real

well, not gonna deny that kind of hurts

There's also a universe where your waifu has a crush on you in high school only for you to never notice until years later after she's married to Kevin.

fuk

I find my life as interesting as an arbitrarily-paced slice-of-life show. Not the best (and I'd settle for more if I could; or if I find a way to forcefully upgrade it), but there are worst out there, and I'm fine at the moment.

Fuck.

There's also multiple realities where stuff like ghosts and the afterlife are known to exist and many where the living know exactly what the afterlife's like, while here you have no idea what it's in store after death, if there even is anything

That's not how string theory works user

I wish I was born in the universe where I went back in time as an adult and killed myself as a child.

This also means in that reality, you have a cancerous fandom and a shit ton of fanart about you

and a copy and paste was born

That one actually was real.

But when you killed your child self, it means you never grew up to go back in time. Which means you never go back and shoot your child self. You trigger a Grandfather Paradox, eventually destroying the fabric of space and time and erasing that universe from existence.

can i be in the ebin screencap?

Shut up and let me die, Boco.

nope

cant believe Sup Forums still hasnt learned this basic shit
theres an infinite amount of numbers between 0 and 1, but none of them are 0 or 1

alternate reality fandoms have shit taste then

It's different than mathematics though. With infinite amount of time, nothing is possible and eventually all things would happen, when talking about infinite realities you're basically cutting out the middle man of time completely from that equation and it just is.

If the multiverse is real, why hasn't anyone from another dimension contacted ours yet?

we havent even breached the speed of light yet, if we can.

maybe science has its limits

Fuck, man.

If the multiverse is real then there is an infinite amount of realities similar to ours where they did and an infinite amount of realities similar to ours where they didn't.

>its different from math

nope

If there's an infinite number of realities then there's an infinite number of realities where they figured out how to pass through the reality barrier. Which means it is possible. Which means we better get on this shit fucking now!

>dat egg yolk suddenly popping

why is time so easy to break? why cant it simply just result in you dying the moment you kill your younger self?

But it is, we're not talking about the infinite space between two set variables. We're talking about infinite continuous space. A better analogy would bet that 116956.59496251626251 would eventually be reached if you were infinitely adding.

There is thousands of posibilitys where every second of your life since you where concived till you actualy die that you die in some sort of way? Think of it, die on cracking your head on the cement, die by impailing yourself, die from some car-crash. they all exist somewhere.

Ive allready thought about the posibilitys of 'your fav cartoon/videogame/story is real in another univerce!' thing as tempting but fucking horrorfying. Who in the fuck wants to actualy live in those univerces where you die to littarly anything if you so much as sneeze wrong? fuck oudda here.

Because if you died when you killed your younger self then you wouldn't go back to kill your younger self. I'm pretty sure time travel actually works like Bill & Ted where whenever they change something it was inevitably going to happen that way.

Because if you did, it means you never went back in the first place. Which means how can you kill yourself?

Why doesnt this result in YOUR life self terminating at the moment you kill your younger self, erasing your own accomplishments between the day your older self points a weapon at younger self and older self going back in time.
If time is a tapestry of lives and events woven together then going back in time to kill yourself is like pulling a single string loose and tying it off closer to the bottom of the tapestry and cutting off the loop you created. the tapestry is still there just minus one strand of color.

If time were that easy to break, I would think going back in time at all would result in timeline deletion.

Because you wouldn't be able to go back and kill yourself ya dumb fuck. Refer to my picture. If older you were to go back and cut off the timeline (red dash), then the black part that went back to the red dash would have never existed, making the red dash impossible.

>it's a Sup Forums doesn't understand basic physics thread
The best bread

>Thought experiment
>Physics.
You dumb fuck.

because of how we understand causality, we see it as a liner thing so if you time traveled back to when you were young and killed yourself you cause a loop in the logic, a paradox, if you kill yourself how do you grow up to travel back in time to kill yourself

there a 3 main "answers"

Time travel backward is impossible or is done in such a way that precludes the ability for you to be able to cause loops in logic

B.You simply continue to exist despite the fact you essentially retconned your own past since your technically exist separate to the past you you killed

3 You cant because the moment you kill your past self the event that lead up to you killing yourself don't happen

a fourth option is that time travel isn't really time travel but you hop to the past of an identical parallel universe skipping out the problems of causality entirely with infinite parallel universes theoretically there is an infinite number of universes that would be exactly the same as this as well as one where there are slight and major differences.

You're right and while 0.000000000001 isn't quite 0, it's pretty damn close.

All I see is confirmation of what I just said. Your life ends the moment you kill your younger self. the loop is cut.
Hell the loop doesnt even need to be cut, from an individual perspective that would been the obvious end to his life. Invented time machine, went back in time, hunted youself down, shot yourself. dead. Time was not broken, merely looped.
>insulting people for coming up with alternative ways time travel works in fiction
boy you must be fun when people start talking about what ifs.

According to multiverse theory it's just one massive branching timeline that spiraled out of control, right? So wouldn't travel between them be similar to the way it's done with time travel? Simply going back far enough where the point in the timeline where a connection could be made (which could even be as far back as the big bang in some cases) and speeding forward along the path to where your waifu is? Anons, the key to finding true love is to find out how to time travel! THERE IS HOPE!

>You simply continue to exist despite the fact you essentially retconned your own past since your technically exist separate to the past you you killed
I like that bit in the Doctor Who EU where members of a certain faction ritualistically kill off their own ancestors to cement themselves as a time paradox making them harder to attack temporally and build an entire empire based on the 11 missing days from the changeover from the Julian to Gregorian calendar.

You'll just end up killing yourself and probably an uncountable number of others trying that.

We're not talking about between set points though. Your analogy only works if we said something along the lines of "There is an infinite number of realities branching out from your current point in time". Then there'd be a finite amount of things that could happen.

You have no way of knowing that. There's an infinite amount of mes that died trying, but there's an infinite amount of mes that succeeded as well. Just like there's an infinite amount of me that died after writing this post and an infinite amount who didn't. The odds are the same as my daily life. I say we go for it!

But you can't kill yourself if that version of you never existed.

Anyone who believes that whole "infinite possible worlds = anything can happen" shit is a moron. There are still fundamentals. It's not like there's a world where gravity simply doesn't exist because that's not how matter works. Just saying "but in that reality it does work that way" without there being an explainable mechanism for it is a cop out and you know it.

Hence why my original supposition is that your entire timeline from between younger self staring down the barrel of older self to older self going back in time is terminated, instead of ALL OF TIME ITSELF.

Frankly I'm shocked that people think it more reasonable for all of time itself to delete if one person does something stupid like that with time.

>Anyone who believes that whole "infinite possible worlds = anything can happen" shit is a moron. There are still fundamentals.
Anything can happen but the conditions required for life are not met.

no that implies there was a singe source as far as multiverse theory goes it just exists and universes pop up. because the multivese is infinfite as its currenly understood then within it there must be universes where every conceivable thing and more happened or differs from ours, this can be as small as a universe where its exactly the same as ours as I post this with the only difference being a single atom of oxygen in a slightly different place in the atmosphere to a universe where the physical constants preclude the formation of any baryonic matter or antimatter from ever forming essentially resulting in an instant heat death the moment it formed.

>demanding people invent a whole new form of physics in order to explain a fictional what-if scenario about different universes
whoo boy, user, get off the internet.

Gravity is quite simply the fact that there's a large body occupying space that space wants to occupy itself, pushing against said object. This is why the larger something is the more gravity it has. Space itself was created by the big bang. Is it unreasonable to assume that a different type of big bang caused by a different reaction would have created something that functions differently all together?

I'm not arguing that, numbnits. There are people who seriously believe that if an infinite multiverse exists then so can any scenario, no matter how impossible.

Meant to send this to

I think you linked the wrong post, user.

>There are still fundamentals. It's not like there's a world where gravity simply doesn't exist because that's not how matter works.

you fundamentally misunderstood infinity, if the multiverse is truly infinite there will be a universe where the physical constants would be different to allow such an outcome

I did.

I mean as long as your other possible universe has no stars and planets and whatnot because gravity is what allowed them to form in the first place then sure go ahead. But it's not going to be much of a universe.

But who's to say a different chemical reaction would result in stars in this reality that has a different type of space in it? You opened up a can of worms here, user.

The universe where your waifu spends five hours making Pickle Rick shitposts, then masturbates to you and goes to sleep.

No that's bullshit. You can just have exactly the same result occuring infinitely and that's also infinite. Also far more plausible than a world where,say, everything is normal and then just stops obeying fundamental physics.

The one you described would have another variable in it causing that change of physics. A variable that doesn't exist in ours.

So you're saying there's a mechanism. I'm talking about a universe where it happens spontaneously without a mechanism. If "infinite = all possible" then that should occur but it's clearly impossible because in any universe that it occurs there will be a mechanism allowing that event to occur. So the "mechanism-less universe" simply cannot exist even in infinite universes.

your still not grasping infinity because there is en endless number of them by the laws of probability there has to be one where what you described is possible there are no ifs ands or buts if its infinite there is one for every conceivable possibility and more.

Probability works on possibility as a basis. Anything impossible has 0% probability and can't occur even in an infinite universe. I understand infinity just fine, thanks.

Whats stopping a different universe having completely different physics to ours?

or say macro quatum physics that allows for weird shenanigans such as the negation of gravity

is there a universe where my waifu isn't shit and OP wasn't a faggot?

adding on what gave you the idea our phyics are constants across a hypothetical multiverse anyway

>alternate dimension
I want Reddit to leave.

So you're describing a universe that is exactly like ours, but doesn't act like ours. Oxy moron much?

Would it be possible to go to a parallel universe that is on an earlier time interval than ours so then I can stop my younger parallel self from doing mistakes he'd regret later in his life, offer advice, give him some advantages like future technology and a sports almanac, all in exchange for sexual favours from him.

It would be pointless since there's no way of telling if that version of you would make the same decisions as you. But you could probably trick him into giving sexual favors.

Jelly side....down?
JELLY SIDE DOWN!

that makes a lot of fucking sense actually but are fictional worlds even real?

I'm afraid some things just aren't possible, user.

We're in the branch that never gets involved in multiverse crazy or even visited.

Y'all do know there's no such thing as multiverse theory right? The closest things are hypotheses about the logical conclusions to exisitng theories according to the parameters they set up.

Also obviously infinite doesn't mean everything is possible. There are fictional worlds that present realities where all reality across all potential possibilities is completely and irrevocably erased. Meaning nothing ever existed and never will or even can. And that's clearly not the case.

Just let this be goofy blue sky thought experiments. Don't overthink it.

Is there an alternate dimension where alternate universe's don't exist?

Hey we had 2 world wars. Seems pretty interesting to me

uuhhh fuck

Well some physicists believe planck energy has the ability to burn through time and space itself and subsequently could provide a means of hopoing from one universe to another. So id never say it's impossible. Our waifus are just one destructive burn hole away, user.

Sorta. If there's infinite realities then there's bound to be infinite completely identical to that fictional world.

Oh boy! Another thread where Sup Forums tries to go /sci/ and fails completely because autismo.

if there are infinitely many universes then arent there infinitely many gods that are the most powerful beings in the multiverse?