Batman: The Merciless #1 Lettered Preview

It's POWER METAL time!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u-3Ka8x4zvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And lastly, a tease for a later page from none other than Scott Snyder!

END

wait, why is steve trevor representing argus, didn't he say quit in WW? Doesn't Amanda Waller run ARGUS too, why is she only repping the suicide squad?

Different multiverse.

Fucking idiot

>Merciless has a sense of honor
>And his sword is so powerful its every presence burns people

I like him already.

WORDS WORDS WORDS

>Red Death

Fear of losing his Robins. Fear age will slow him down and make him useless.

>Murder Machine

Fear of losing Alfred. Fear that he doesn't treat Alfred like the father he is.

>Dawnbreaker

Fear that the inner child powering his crusade is something dark and self-destructive without guidance. Fear of never having anyone to temper his drive for vengeance.

>The Drowned

Fear he will go too far with his anti-metahuman counter plans. Fear of losing Selina.

>The Merciless

Fear of losing Diana. Fear of ????

>Devastator

Fear of losing Superman. Fear of going too far to counter Superman.

>The Batman who Laughs

Fear of the Joker winning.

>Earth 0, our world
Hmmm

Can't you read the top left?

>didn't he say quit in WW?
I'm pretty sure the current arc with kid Darkseid is post this already, considering how he's just a baby in Metal.

So, Earth-12 is the Batman Beyond/DCAU Earth, which I guess explains Batman/Wonder Woman for -12.

Fearing of gaining then losing love it seems for Merciless.

If they didn't let Manapul draw the trunks I'm burning this. I have them all on my list but I don't give a fuck.

Enough of the trunks-hate. Don't use old suits if the company wont let the artists draw them. I'm legitimately sick of this shit.

Aw, the text box hid the two dead Amazons holding hands in the upper left corner.

I don't really care about the trunks on Batman, his costume never needed them in the first place. It's Superman that needs them.

>Earth᠆12
Boy they really kind of fucked up with the naming conventions for the negative universes

>Negative earth labeled "Earth -12" with the - in raised superscript

>Normal earth labeled "Earth-0"
>bonus: the font they used has 0(zero) and O(uppercase o) look the same, maybe this is actually EARTH-O ("EARTHOH").

I know they've used the naming convention of "EARTH-#" foreve,r hyphen and all, so I get not changing that... but they should've done "EARTH NEGATIVE-12" or "NEGATIVE EARTH-12" or something for the negative ones this is kinda dumb

Thanks now I'm listening to Wrathchild by Iron Maiden

Snyder said it's fear that the code he lives by is holding him back and what happens without it.

>>Merciless HAD a sense of honor

FTFY.

While I agree with Superman you're dead wrong about which on of them needs the trunks.

Really no sense replying to that unless you agree. Did you think I was gonna say "yeah, you know, you're right. Capullo/Lee are better costume designers than almost 70 years of designers at the time they changed it.

>Nuh-uh!

Trunksfags are the worst.

"Some people" had trouble with Superman saving lives can you imagine what would happen if they saw LESBIANS in a comic?

The response to me was essentially "nuh-uh but Superman needs them." And the argument against them is literally "nuh-uh the trunks are stupid."

Good point, but it's always a subjective debate, so I'm just going to call you fag nevertheless.

Fucking trunksfags.

Alright, who's going to cave and buy figures of the evil Batmen?

Pure autism.

Fuck off Capullo

Anyone have the black-and-white layout page of this?. I wanna see the hand-holding

I guess armor and cartoon costumes.

HAHAHAHA

No fuck that noise and this entire batwank event. Snyder is a fucking hack and he deserves to die in a car crash.

I like it, except the "evil pirate female aqua-man" since she doesn´t look anything like the other Metal Members nor like an Evil Aquaman.
but everybody is aware that this is just one gigantic rip off of the Dark Judges right?

has there ever been an Superman Beyond comci run? I loved who wise old Superman was and that he was the mentor of new justice league

thats a space marine

"It's not a Batman event" -Scott Snyder

I can’t imagine Bruce in there unless he’s gone Bane-levels of BIG.

Not him, but if you look at his post here he made it pretty clear not to reply to him if you don't agree. It really has no relevance as he simply doesn't care and didn't ask for your opinion. Not him but I think you should respect his wishes. Not sure what you are expecting to accomplish.

I agree 1000% and will also be burning the issue. I think you have great ideas and have good opinions.

>Get your money away
>Giving a fuck about the trunks
Autism

You just know they're going to be meta as fuck heroclix. I'm talking Jakeem Thunder and Goblin King level meta.

And they're all going to be chase rarity.

People weren't upset with Superman saving lives, they were upset that Jurgens had a white guy who lost his job to foreign aliens being portrayed as a murderous bad guy.
There was a miniseries

I ordered that t-shirt with the Merciless symbol, so there's that.

He's a saint compared to Dawn Breaker.

>those thighs

>Cool Batman shirt brah but the logo looks off. Is it a bootleg?

>Quintessence and Batman Ally TA
>Red Death has a modified version of the Shredder elite ability
>Dawnbreaker has an ability to represent his blackout power that kills line of sight within 5 of him

Oh Jesus will they ever be meta.

kek
came here to post this

>Shredder Elite but with hypersonic speed that deals one penetrating every time you base.
>And Steal Energy

>Me: He called me 'bro' and not 'pops'!

L-lewd

>the Justice League - Batman forms s team of superheroes
>the Outsiders - Batman forms a team of street level heroes
>Batfamily l - Batman forms a team of heroes from Gotham
>Batman Inc. - Batman forms a team of street level heroes without powers from around the world
>The Dark Knights - an Evil Batman forms a group of Evil Batmen
What's next?

>whiny billionaire who has made up his own war knows everything

Fuck, you’re OLD. That means you have immunity to mockery at the cost of your will to live!

That blade look straight out of World of Warcraft

>An elderly Batman forms a bingo club

The Batman League- Batman forms a team of Batman

It's the God-Killer Sword from Deathstroke. Diana's holding it as she's dying as well.

Also, WonderWoman/Bat was shipped in the DCAU even if it went nowhere

youtube.com/watch?v=u-3Ka8x4zvE

I knew Timm would bring the end of the world

>The Merciless

Giving in to Batman's endless war

>Not sure what you are expecting to accomplish.

Well, he did answer to me, and I just wanted the last word, in normal Sup Forums manner.

I'm on my way now, have a good day.

I thought that Earth was already a bad end. The earth is blade runner-ish and Bruce ended up alone and bitter.

Updated my image.

You mean Batman Inc.?

That's Black mask ??

Director Bones

That's Mr.Bones.

Is Sam Kent really that high in the military?

Sam Lane**** Fuck. Also I thought the only time he was really high was when Luthor made him secretary of defense.

His shoulders say he's a 4-star general, so sure.

No clue if that's high or not. What part of the military is Lane again? Army right? Also who is eye patched chick and the black girl who isn't Waller?

far left and far right have no thematic connection though

Eyepatched chick is mentioned to be Colonel Jones, a new character which will feature in Damage.

Damage is that Not Hulk book right? Okay okay I can see why I've never heard of her before.

Yeah seeing as she is mentioned here to have monsters and in solicits to be hunting Damage who was a military recruit, it seems that she will be Damage's Ross.

That's all? Srsly?

>yfw Damage sells better than both Hulk books.

>No clue if that's high or not. What part of the military is Lane again? Army right?
It's basically as high as you can go in the armed forces. And yes, he's in the Army.

>Also who is eye patched chick and the black girl who isn't Waller?
New character who will also be involved in Damage:

>DAMAGE #2
>Written by ROBERT VENDITTI
>Art and cover by TONY S. DANIEL and DANNY MIKI
>Damage can smash his way through a warzone, but can he smash his way through the Suicide Squad? Colonel Jonas takes on Amanda Waller in a race to see who can get to Damage first. And while Waller sends Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Parasite and Giganta to capture Damage by any means necessary, Colonel Jonas has her own wicked plan in play…
>On sale JANUARY 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

The other black chick is, I'm guessing New-52 Etta Candy. Though Rucka made her fat again recently.

Marvel is also selling a Weapon-H book which is like Hulk+ Wolverine or something.

Was thinking other black girl was Candy too but she's too thin since she's fat now so maybe someone else?

The the other black girl should be Etta. Honestly, it'd be best if they kept closer to her beginning New-52 appearance and just went with this design. Having her fat again just makes her too visually indistinguishable with Amanda Waller now that she's back to her classic look. Having her slimmer and professional looking with a good sized afro is distinct here and it's a good look for her.

Dark Multiverse Earth's are mainly apocalypse scenarios or end with all the heroes dead. E-12 is grim but isnt on the brink of blowing up and has a functioning JL.

Not your personal army, faggot.

Go for the neck!

The NEEEEEEEEEEEEECK!

>Parasite and Giganta
Whoa! new blood finally!

This was pre-neck wondy

There was that pretty great JL Beyond series from a few years back. It wasn't its own book, it ran as a backup in the Batman Beyond comic. Had a lot of great Superman stuff in it.

Well, now we know where the inspiration behind the merciless came from

I always figure it was consistent with necking Diana, by the time Joker hits the floor there won’t be much left above the shoulders.

What was this from?

The evil-minded Batman at least make some sense.

But the ones who went from making a bad decision to being willing to wipe out other universes and murder everyone they know are really off to me.

I don't see the trajectory that got them from one point to another.

Yeah it kinda screws things up

JLA #90, the last issue of Joe Kelly's run. The issue ended his shipping of WonderBats by having her image different futures with Bruce. Pretty much all of them ended horribly