This is Mighty Thor

Say something nice about him

New redesign by Russel Dauterman

Other urls found in this thread:

jaqen-draws.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Helmet should have been gold.

That arm is dumb looking

can he jack off with that golden arm or is his dick gonna snap?

this and also I hate asymmetry so the arms look dumb

I have nothing nice to say, he looks like he belongs on the cover of some right dollar romance novel. Also, either it's not Mjolnir, or it's a really bad redesign. Gold weapons aren't badass. Nor are they effective.

Too much gold, makes it not pleasing to look at desu

looked better when it still looked like it came right off of destroyer

>woman's helmet
>numale cuckold beard
>Thor 3 - now in theaters haircut
Throw it in the fucking trash

This. But lazy artists kept drawing it as a regular arm and left it to the colourist to show its different.

It'd be fine if it were all gold but the mix of gold and silver is awful. Look at the New 52 and Rebirth Wonder Woman designs for example. They're both fine designs because they stuck to either gold or silver instead of trying to staple them together.

I just think the gold is just over compensation since they want to make Thor "worthy" again, also the mjolnir he has, has a gold handle. There's nothing cutting the color, it looks awful.

Don't like his short beard.

His beard needs to more glorious, the amount of muscle is ok, fucker needs more armor in his shoulders. The arm is ok, preferred his Destroyer arm but this one is fine.

Other than that, it looks very... I don't know. Fanservicey? Kinda how WW is pretty damn sexy to men, this Thor looks pretty damn sexy for either women or homosexuals. Guy reminds me of a Dream Daddy character or some gay dating sim bullshit.

I'm not sold on it. But I give it a chance if this means no more hypocritical piece of shit Jane.

The gold plating is gaudy and I don't like it.

This looks unironically good.

Much better. Pic related remains Thor's best uni, so I do like the new look being kinda similar to it, but without the golden helmet, it's just too little gold. Either go all in or don't bother.

Why it does look like it was designed by fat tumblrina?

There is so much I hate about this Thor design
>Artist was clearly told to model him after Chris Hemsworth's Thor Ragnarok look, pointless synergy that Disney doesn't even tell them to do
>Feminine as fuck, pretty boy design choices for fangirls to shlick over
>Too. Much. Gold. Thor looks better in silver, and clashes with helmet. Beta Ray Bill looked better in it.
>Stupid gold arm making it asymmetrical and awkard to look at. Some detail might have fixed this, but as of now it looks like either a dish glove or he just fisted King Midas up the ass.
>And of course, he has to be given a new hammer because Jane is a selfish cunt who won't give up Mjolnir

just in time for the movie :^)

Could someone be so kind as to explain the gold arm for me?

>>woman's helmet

It looks like he raided Janet's closet. His old helmet was badass.

>Say something nice about him
You don't look like a cancerous woman.

He got his left arm cut off a few years ago. He's been using an uru arm since then (so it's been grey) and flashforwards into the future show that he eventually gets the Destroyer's arm. Guess he decided to get it painted gold or something so it'd match his new hammer.

The REAL Thor never needed some gay fantasy armor.

The real Thor also got his ass kicked by YHWH.

>mfw Thor is a trans male.
Jesus Christ, Marvel.

I agree. Thor is a tough guy, fuck this gaudy helmet and hammer set.

That helmet doesn't look right without his flowing mane. Hope he lets it grow out again.

Literally Nu-Male Thor. I don't know why I expected anything different from SJW Marvel. Dropped. Shills will actually defend this. baka

They couldn't give his arm some detail with either plating, regardless if it had spikes? I mean it looks stupid as fuck gold, but I'm more annoyed by how lazy and boring it looks like its a glove or something. Also if you look at OP's drawing, the artist kind of fucked up trying to make it look shiny. It looks muddy as hell

>Feminine as fuck, pretty boy design choices for fangirls to shlick over

I have no issues with this. We fap all the time to Wonder Woman. Although he does look like a Dream Daddy character. This can be fixed if they focus more on his behavior, adventures and feats (hope to God they don't turn him into a mangina in some attempt to make him "relatable", Marvel has a horrible track record with this).

Thor is the only book of Marvel I still have some hope left. Please Marvel, try your damn hardest and don't fuck this up. You been fucking up way too much and it breaks my heart.

Probably because artists would always just forget to draw it any different then the colorist would have to just recolor it. They probably figured going with this design would make it so that problem wouldn't happen as often.

Kind of like how no two artists drew Carol's faux-hawk the same, so they ended up just giving her short hair.

It might be that golden bullshit metal Hercules uses. Gold would be too malleable.

I like that he's keeping the prosthetic army but it just looks like a big dumb glove. The Whor helmet looks terrible on him as well and the gold Mjolnir is just silly.

>The REAL Thor
user, I...

>Still having hope for Marvel after all this time
You're a lost cause. As for having a fanservice design for women, I can totally understand that. However this Thor isn't nearly as masculine as he should be. Too many feminine elements are in the design to the point where hes gone from rock star to boy band.

That helmet is better.

That's because it's Thor's helmet.

It looks like he fisted Midas shoulder deep to retrieve his hammer from his ass. The Jane style helmet also makes him look like a bitch.

I find it amusing that this guy has simultaneously created both the absolute best and the absolute worst Thor designs.

>WATCH OUT FOR MY HAMMER IT FLIES REALLY FAST
AND hits EVERYONE
>LOOK OUT HERE COMES MY HAMMER
>YONDU SUCKS AND THOR IS THE ONE

Have the confirmed this is going to be the actual Thor design going forward? So far we've only seen him in a vision from the Norns so it could be some alternate future shit.

The gold sucks, so does the short hair. The clothes are nice

They didnt even try to make it look like he has a prosthetic arm. The artist just painted one of his arms gold.

He doesn't have as much body hair as I thought he would.

Or the stuff that Odin uses. Gugnir and his armor are gold are presumably are still made of an uru-like substance.

At least we still have this guy.

Just like the new movie. :3

Your version an example of the too feminine design? Because OP's pic shows short hair, beard, arm hair, and a thick core while yours has long hair, clean shave, smooth skin, and a V-shape.

It's worthy Thor, and it matches the design of the vision that had him fighting against King Loki.. They just went overboard to make it clear.

keeeeeeeeek

Sadly there are likely many TheMarySue types who would say "well if wonder woman can wear a skirt why not thor" ignoring the influence geography had on their respective cultures.

miles better!

Just add long hair and spikes on his uru arm and we're done.

Do we know for sure this isn't just Jane as a transgender?

Why is Mjolnir gold?

It's not mjolnir.

He's never getting Mjolnir back, user. Jane won't let it go

It's Thor Odinson you paranoid Sup Forums retard

I'm not paranoid, I would prefer Jane to became a transgender than Thor being a numale

This isn't the first time Thor has a faggy metrosexual look.

Won't be the last either.

>I hate asymmetry
Peak pleb

Agreed, don't like the gold

I get a weird male stripper vibe to it and I don't like it. I know how retarded it sounds but the design and artwork just feels off from normal.

>long flowing gold locks isn't feminine
>a beard and short hair is
wut

is perfect though. Either that or making his helmet gold like espacially if he's going to become Highfather

asymmetry is a double edged sword when it comes to character design. When done right, its a more memorable design because your eye is drawn to certain details. When done wrong, the weak elements of the design are more apparent, like the gold arm for example

Best I could do, gotta go, Mary Marvel won't finish herself
Actually she is finishing herself in the pic, tho

>We fap all the time to Wonder Woman
a bad practice shouldn't be answered with an equally bad practice user. Wait....do you fap to the straight up comics?

Something the short beard and helmet makes him look baby-faced

>Actually she is finishing herself in the pic, tho
w-what. L-link?

I can tolerate the Chris Hemmsworth beard, but Thor's not Thor without the long hair.

way better, though admittedly I didn't really like how the metallic texture looked to begin with but that's more personal taste.

Long hair on a masculine build isn't really feminine. A short, well-trimmed beard is can be associated with feminine traits given that its maintenance done to look attractive to the other sex. Really its all schematics open to interpretation, but the reason why many are hung up on it is because of general Viking theme of not giving a fuck and letting wild hair roam free

cable?

I have to agree, it's not really about it looking feminine but more looking, trying to find the right words here, but the new look doesn't look as "rough" or "viking" enough if that makes sense. It looks a trim and proper actor or romance novel male lead, Thor is a warrior, he has a certain feel to him that I just don't see in this design. Again, I know how that sounds to people and I'm probably not describing it very well but that's just my take on it.

The funny thing is, going by the Civil war 2 teasers, this was pretty much what they were gonna do before theyou added the gold

jaqen-draws.tumblr.com/
I'm still working in it. I'll post it later today

Beta Ray Bill is dead, isn't he?

Thor already rejected Stormbreaker once, and new hammer looks nothing like it.

Ok, maybe a quick fix

Reforged. And they'll kill Bill off in this stupid arc Death of Jane Forster. We know she doesn't die, she's been shown as alive in something.

How is Marvel going to botch it?
>The hammer dies and become part of Jane.

Yea..and the long haired thor that user posted looks like he would really beat the shit out of short hair thor.

Why is he so short?

hell of a lot better

Make hammer less shiny.

Jane dies of cancer as a person and becomes her fake Thor personality forever.
The big reveal? She takes off her helmet and puts away the hammer, but she still got a rocking body and a full mane of blonde hair.

Marvel, just give me back his Mighty Avenger look and no one gets hurt

Never. Oh. And chances are they'll kill off the Warriors Three right after Ragnarok comes out.

Marvel, where women look like men in dresses, and the men like total fags.

nayrt but I kinda agree. he doesn't have a warrior's beard, he has a psychiatrist's beard.

Oh boy. They even made a design for him. Yep, he's dead.