Is the "Pixar seal of excellence" finished? How many chances are they going to get...

Is the "Pixar seal of excellence" finished? How many chances are they going to get? It's not as if they're making bad movies, though.

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/the_good_dinosaur/
rottentomatoes.com/m/cars_2/
edition.cnn.com/2013/05/10/us/disney-trademark-day-dead/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

88% isn't bad.

It is for a Pixar movie.

I don't trust ratings. They said inside out was great but it was mediocre.

>88

The remaining 12% was fired, is it?

They will keep getting good reviews and make lots of money regardless of quality simply for being Pixar

>Is the "Pixar seal of excellence" finished? How many chances are they going to get? It's not as if they're making bad movies, though.

THEN LITERALLY WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR POINT

Inside out

Trailers
>incredibly funny film about emotions battling with each other

film
>10 minutes of stuff like the trailer, then yet another fucking mismatched couple road trip movie. Entire films are now building up to the cheap '5 minutes to make you cry!' moment.

Coco also ticks the boxes for it to get a safely high RT score. Pixar + pretty + 'diverse'

FINALLY a reason to go to movie theaters. Why don't they show old scary movies close to where I live in theaters.

It's disgusting how much promotion it's getting in mexico considering the whole trademark debacle.

>Those DreamWorks Faces
>This is a Pixar Film

Yep. The Seal of Excellence is definitely finished

They've done a ton of damage control since then. Like the biggest critic of the trademark debacle was brought aboard as one of the film's writers.

After spending so much time whining about Disney as an evil corporation that kills cultures it’s amazing how quickly that guy sold out.

This film could suck all the balls in the continent and it’ll still get the Oscar because trump.

>95% want to see
I thought that shit was always at 98 - 99%

He probably lies to himself, thinking over and over that he just joined them to change them from within.

>8 ratings
Whatever. It's probably going to drop, but for now, those ratings don't mean shit.

Cars came out in 2006, you fucking idiot.

Fuck off, you miserable faggot. Sage this shit.

88% with 7/8 fresh reviews and from what I've heard is mostly being praised isn't bad though, not even for Pixar when its this early, we should just wait until it hits theaters in Mexico then we'll see what happens.

>be a retarded SJW whining about nothing
>get enough likes, retweets and other attention to get a position in d isney that you will never get fired from as long as you keep being a good boy
He's living the dream, you're too stupid to see it.

It's almost like nobody actually likes "mexican culture".

>only has 8 reviews
We don't know if the lone negative is contrarian and it's a 95% film or if they aren't enough people who won't just shill the mouse and knock it down to a 75%

So can't really use it as info

It's been finished. People were willing to overlook Cars, but after Brave and Cars 2 I think everyone has moved on.

>caring about Pixar post 2010 / TS3

WDAS took all the talent, and makes better movies. Pixar makes toy commercials ordered by their new bosses.

Who the funck wanted Finding Dory?!
After Incredibles 2 cross that company from your favorties list.

>rottentomatoes.com/m/the_good_dinosaur/
>rottentomatoes.com/m/cars_2/

Literally
LITERALLY
All they had to do was not give them eyes
That's all they had to do

>Entire films are now building up to the cheap '5 minutes to make you cry!' moment

I blame Up for this bullshit, people gave that movie way too much praise when only the beginning was any good

Starting with Toy Story and ending with whatever the last movie was before Cars, Pixar was making pretty consistent 9.5/10 quality movies. Just being decent is kind of a disappointment from them.

honestly im pretty worried about that even

>WDAS took all the talent

This doesn't even make sense because Pixar's movies are primarily the products of writer/directors, none of whom have written or directed any of the newer Disney flicks.

I want to watch it and the Frozen short.

Mexican here

Actually almost nobody knows/remembers about the trademark thing from some years/months ago over here.

Everyone I asked about the movie says they're excited, and when I told them about the trademark shitfest, they seemed genuinely surprised.

If I had to huress the ammount of promotion it's allowed to have in here it's partly due to the fact that we weren't told about what they tried to do with the holiday.

*guess

Also, forgot to mention that it didn't get news coverage over here. At least not mainstream.

Written and directed by Brad Bird
The only bad movie he’s ever made was Tomorrowland and that got seriously executive meddled with
We’re probably safe

>trademark shitfest

what trademark shitfest?

i'm out of the loop here.

How can someone be so wrong?

It just fucking blows my mind how much more aesthetically pleasing Book of Life was. That movie had serious problems, but I'd rather watch it ten times than sit through even ten minutes of this shit.

Disney tried to trademark the name of the holiday a while ago

edition.cnn.com/2013/05/10/us/disney-trademark-day-dead/index.html

Apparently it was the CHIcanos that told Disney to take it down a notch. Over here in Mexico, again, we pretty much had no idea this was going on at the time.

Up was at least marketed as exactly what it was, a mismatched pair on a comedy adventure. That's what you came in for and they did it well, the fact they delivered a gutpunch well made opening was just icing on the cake.

Inside Out was completely the opposite, all the parts they showcased made you think it was going to be a WILDLY different movie than what it was.

It amazes me how they managed to make a disney film look like a knock off.

Did they? The trailers definitely showed Sadness and Joy being whisked out of their office into the unknown, and revealed the plot point of Riley's emotions getting thrown out of whack as a result. It seemed pretty obvious to me that, at the very least, the plot would involve those two emotions getting lost and the effects that would have on the child.

It was fucking boring after the intro, dude

What do you mean? It was in the Mexican News, even Aristegui made a report about it.

But it was less rage and more WTF because people saw that it had the "Los" in the trademark and thought it was weird.

We call it "Día de Muertos" so it didn't really affect us.

Only time Mexicans raged was over WB trying to take Speedy off the air for good.