What are your thoughts on Final Crisis, anons?

What are your thoughts on Final Crisis, anons?

A Masterpiece? Incomprehensible garbage? Something else? Let's discuss.

Pretty good, people claim it's really confusing but I'd honestly wager that CoIE was more confusing

Kind of a mess.

Horrible, fuck Morrison.

It's brilliant and works marvelously as a pleb filter.

On these two posts we can see the truth.

In all fairness, Superman 3D answers a lot of questions

How so?

It was really confusing and hard to get through. I had no prep to this arc, didn't read any Kirby etc.

Really good and great as a hypothetical 'final story' for the DCU as a whole. However it requires a lot of prior knowledge to work.

It's the gift that keeps on giving, I find something new every time I read it.

Secret Invasion sold better :-)

You need a guide to understand it.

Fucking amazing. I was glad it wasn't the cookie-cutter DC Crisis event like everything they have made since COIE.

It's an acquired taste. I like the ideas behind it more than the actual execution.

You get more out of it with a guide if you aren't aware of all it is taking inspiration from, but you don't need it.

How long did it take before you realized the Metal Men were in the book?

A unnecessarily convoluted mess that basically consists on Morrison cramming every single idea and concept he found interesting into it at the expenses of good storytelling.

Fuck Superboy

Best moment for me

Extremely dense. Making sense of the story was my gateway into Morrison comics.

Masterpiece.

> Called final crisis.
> Isn't the final crisis of the DC Universe.

What happened there.

If I have spotted them, I've forgotten.

Wasn't it supposed to usher in the new 52.

It was. Flashpoint wasn't a crisis.

>The climax is the best moment for me
Thanks for adding nothing.

Just like your post.

this be baitin'

Non-bait reply, it's easily one of Morrison's weakest works both thematically and structurally. It's basically a shittier version of Seven Soldiers.

it's a continuation to seven soldiers so of course they are thematically similar and I love seven soldiers but it didn't have this...

I've never been able to recapture the magic of reading it for the first time.

also have you read Klaus, I love Morrison but that is his weakest work I reckon.

also this page gives me chills

I think Klaus was a simple, but not weak, but not weak story that was poorly marketed. I'd probably put WW:EO as his weakest DC work; it's a boilerplate origin retelling that couldn't live up to a fraction of the hype Morrison gave it.

Thematic similarity isn't the issue, it's that SS made superior use of the themes.

Happy! is Morrison's weakest work imo

i think molton marston would recognize earth one wondy which was the goal and seven soliders is great but not having Superman to play with really gets in the way of his large thematic Ideas.

oh good fucking point

It was neither.

As the ultimate conclusion to the story of the New Gods it was barely successful.

It was the true reveal of the Tiger Force that Kirby had subtly alluded to in his Fourth World epic.

Of course it's a masterpiece!

It's Legion of Superheroes tie-in was one of my favorites event tie-ins ever. Fucking Superboy Prime.

Kek. Casual.

>A Masterpiece
>Written by Morrison
Pick one and only one

It wasn't the ultimate conclusion, dumdum.

>The Evil of Mankind is being amplified through the witch's mirror!

Holy Shit.

Nothing ever ends, dummy!

>Metal Men were in the book

...What, where ?

There hasn't been a crisis since

First Crisis - Crisis on Infinite Earths
Middle Crisis (as name on Lightning Saga) - Infinite Crisis
Final Crisis - Final Crisis

Klaus is great faggot. Morrison doesn't have to go meta in everything he writes

Here they are.

>As the ultimate conclusion to the story of the New Gods
what part of did you not understand? Also the New Gods are fucking alive in the last pages, the story continues.

Jesus christ

COMICS!

Who is the G.I.Joe/robot?

I like Morrison just fine, but that was a complete mess.

Doomsday Clock is hinting pretty hard that it's another Crisis, in the monologue for the preview, if I remember right.
Just a title anyway, it doesn't actually HAVE to be the Final Crisis.

Metal is a Crisis. The name that editorial originally wanted to give it was literally Dark Crisis.

Countdown to Final Crisis is better than this garbage

Too bad such a shitty event is going to be the next Crisis after the masterpiece that was Final Crisis.

Even Morrison admitted he fucked up. Kind of. Anyway yeah it was a mess. It’s better to be a mini for those that follows all of Morrison’s work, not an event for everyone to read.

>The name that editorial originally wanted to give it was literally Dark Crisis.
That was Snyder, editorial were the ones who nixed it.

G.I. Robot

>>
oh my fucking god

So, exactly WHAT should one read in order to get the most out of this event?

This list is more focused on Batman, but I think it gets the general idea across that Morrison likes to work on a lot of the same themes throughout most of what he writes.

decent idea, awful pacing but I found it worth it if just for Superman beyond and the Legion tie in.

Not my favorite of Morrison's, but it was very enjoyable. The thing that sticks out in my memory is the b lister heroes doing the best they can to just survive after the world falls. It's one of my favorite Green Arrow/Black Canary stories because of that.

Favorite page of the book.

It was just a good event, which almost never happens, but was far from a masterpiece. It was only confusing to read in floppies because the editorial messed up with the tie ins. It's very straight forward when read in trade or only the necessary issues in order.

You forgot Zero Hour: Crisis in Time, user. Just because it's bad doesn't mean it's not part of the Crisis saga.

It was a mess, i think it would have been better if there was tie ins with the main books

Other than that, throw in Final Crisis Legion of Three Worlds to explain why it took Superman so long to get there.