Batman

Batman: Arkham City is one of the best Batman stories ever told, is there even a movie/comic book/game that comes close to this?

As far as story, City is probably worst of the series.

Story: Origins > Asylum > Knight > City
Gameplay: City > Asylum > Knight > Origins

Haven't played Origins yet but Asylum is literally sucked from Arkham Asylum/Long Halloween/Killing Joke city was way more original and interesting, Knight is just predictable af

two prison riot in one night, bane and joker want to kill each other until the end, shitty twist and ruinning black mask moment...

jekyll and hyde
night cries
the ultimate evil
noel
joker
gotham central

Origins' story is fucking terrible, user. In what universe is newbie Batman supposed to stand his ground against some of the most challenging people in his rogue's gallery when this is the first time he's met most of them? Also, why did the Joker need to be in Origins?

it's the origins of the relationship between joker and batman, not batman origins so it's normal to have joker in it.

too bad Warner make believe to everyone that was the begin of batman.

>batman getting extra-autist about never killing making many innocent deaths his fault
>love for Talia never explained or justified
>potentially interesting Strange plot ignored for more Jokerwank
>pointless catwoman role

It's popular for people who suck to complain about audio files and written lore, but the Arkham games had some of the best.
Best Riddler, too.

I wish Paul Dini returned for Rocksteady's third game. I doubt the game would have featured Jokers around every corner if he had, I don't think it would have featured the god awful arkham knight either. I just wanted a game without Joker for once, neo Scarecrow was the perfect candidate for main antagonist, why couldn't they just go through with it?

I really dug Origins. It felt the most like a single, long, harrowing night; the escalation was great and natural.

>Two prison riots in one night
It's Gotham.
>Bane and Joker want to kill each other until the end
Villains team up all the time. And Bane still very obviously still wanted to kill the Joker.
>Shitty twist and ruining Black Mask moment
It wasn't a Black Mask story. The Arkham games have always been about Batman and the Joker.

Too much Jokerwank. Third game was such a letdown for me cause I thought the fucker would at least play a minimal role in it.

And completely ruined by the reveal that Strange was nothing but Ra's al Ghul's puppet the whole time.

>SHIT! Strange knows my secret identity!
>I better track him down
>Instead of just going to the fucking control tower right next to me
>Hey Catwoman
>JOKER!
>JOKER JOKER JOKER JOKER JOKER JOKER
>Poisioned. Fuck
>Fuck Penguin
>Fuck Freeze
>Hey Ra's
>Oh shit batman you know I was behind protocol 10 alrea--- oh nope you're just here for a cure
>JOKER JOKER JOKER JOKER
>Fffffine, Alfred, I'll stop Strange, the biggest threat to everything right now.
>JOKER JOKER JOKER JOKER

City's story was trash.

Asylum's story and gameplay is not good, user. I love asylum but let's be realistic. Knight has better gameplay even if you did like the battank.

Worst Penguin design

Switch Knight and Origins. Knight is the worst just by having the Batmobile alone.

Gameplay-wise I'd take Asylum over City. Everything after Asylum is just the same shit with unnecessary gadgets that make you feel less like Batman and more like a generic video-game character.

Autism

What batman doesn't have crazy gadget you dumb faggot fucker

Any non-shitty Batman, Scottie boy.
LE EBIN XDD

Not really bud.

>Any non-shitty Batman

Such as?

>n-n-not weawwy
Cool argument, Sup Forumstard.
I'm not spoonfeeding retards, sorry. Now go kill yourself.

Never been to that board. Fuckin loser.
Gadgets are part of batman as a character get the fuck over it

>Story
God no. I love the game, it's probably my absolute favorite Batman game, but the story itself was total ass.

>implying any batman other than '66 is non-shitty

I like his voice, his appearance, and his behavior for the most part, but I really wish the puzzles were harder, it feels kind of patronizing to have such easy "riddles". And then he starts making you race around a track for some reason.

Because of shitty manchildren writers who want toyetic garbage, sure.
Asylum had all the gadgets you'd see in a comic and more. Everything after is pandering to post-00s manchildren gadgetwise.

>We'll never get a super-serious Arkham Game where NG+ has Batman voiced by Adam West, either doing the same lines in a campy voice or with new, cheesier dialogue

>for some reason
I will defend Nygma's character arc in this series until the day I die.
You can literally chart his mental decline from game to game. He's cocky and suave and almost hot in Origins, and only really pays Batman any attention when he starts interfering in his plan. Then by Knight, and three (shown) crushing, humiliating defeats, he's literally a hunched, filthy sewer creature, trying to prove that he's "smarter" than Batman by making him drive fast.

>super-serious
I'd rather videogame version of BATB (no, I don't mean a BATB game, just a game that as every bit of a love letter to silver age)
You can even keep the Arkham combat.

>didn't make joker a throwaway villain that you'd find out about AFTER subduing him
>not subtlety putting his obsession with batman in hidden arkham tapes like in the first game
Would've kept Joker in the game without turning him into a big part.

I would have traded a year of my life for this.

The story wasn't so great but I loved the voices. Riddler was Doogie Houser, and Penguin's VA was perfect.

>Asylum gameplay over Knight.
As someone who's replaying Asylum after playing Knight last week, this is blatantly false. Asylum feels its age and handles like crap.

Still fucking mad.
>trailers make him out to be the next big thing
>he's fairly menacing at the beginning of the game
>eventually the game forgets about him and when it does remember him, he dies anti-climactically
Such a fucking disappointment, especially considering that Arkham Joker is terrible. I know BTASfags will deny it because muh Hamill, but it's true.

>Penguin's VA was perfect
Absolutely not. It was fucking horrible and it ruined an otherwise good version of the character.
Who in their right minds thought Troy Baker doing a shitty attempt at Cockney was a good idea, let alone fitting for Penguin ?
I would have taken half-assed Burgess Meredith/Danny Devito impersonations any day over that garbage.

I hate Sup Forums fags who claim their games are better despite never reading any comics.
I hate Sup Forums fags who claim Lego Batman is better despite never reading any comics.
I hate Sup Forumsfags who claim Hero Academia does Cape better despite never reading any comics.

Read comics before whining on Sup Forums.

I still get really upset at how anti-climatic Strange's defeat was and how he was yet another character pushed aside for more Joker/Raswank.
But this is still the only adaptation of Hugo Strange in any media that gets the character right and Hugo fans can't afford to be picky when he gets so little representation already.

What about Sup Forums fags who claim TAS is better?

The voicework was fantastic for most of the characters but Penguin was unbearable.
They should have just brought back the guy from TAS and made his design less retarded. Or, if they wanted him to be more of a grim n gritty gangster, hired someone like John Dimaggio or Jim Cummings.