Snotgirl thread? I never see this talked about on here. I just read the first volume and liked it...

Snotgirl thread? I never see this talked about on here. I just read the first volume and liked it. Let's talk about this series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Xs111uH9ss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Isn't this by the guy that did Scott Pilgrim?

OP here, fuck it. My little review so far. I like it, but it's not without its flaws. I feel like they revealed the 'real' her way too soon, like the whole thing about her constructing a super impressive persona around her fashion blog, around her significantly more pitiable, petty, more flawed 'true' self would've had more impact if they'd spent a good issue building up to it, so that it'd be a surprise to the reader. In fact, the whole thing seems like it kind of moved too fast. I mean, the first volume of Scott Pilgrim is kind of a slow burn for me, but at least it did a lot to establish the central conflict, the characters, and their relationships so that character development was meaningful and revelations into characters' past(s) could also be really meaningful. I felt like way too much happened, to be honest.

Dialogue was also kinda 'eh'.

Otherwise, I still enjoyed it a lot and at the very least, I am pretty damn intrigued to know where this is going and I can relate pretty damn hard to the main character, even though the issues she faces are pretty feminine. The art is very pretty as well.

>feel like they revealed the 'real' her way too soon

my problem with this comic is not what they reveal but what they not
youtube.com/watch?v=-Xs111uH9ss
there`s this huge mistery in the plot but there`s almost no clues to mantain a level of suspense and intrigue to make the story interesting
and the characters are all pretty shitty, i know they supous eto be shitty, but if the plot is a clusterfuck of things that mya or may not have happened and the characters are dense and awful, the story ends up being boring to the reader
at least in my case

>there`s this huge mistery in the plot but there`s almost no clues to mantain a level of suspense and intrigue to make the story interesting
I kinda agree with this. I still like it, but the mystery kind of feels hard to guess. It's O'Malley, so I'm guessing that it all comes together in the end, judging from Scott Pilgrim. My guess is "Coolgirl" ends up being John Cho, the detective cross-dressing, but I'm pretty sure that ends up being disproven towards the end of the first volume so I'm not sure.

>and the characters are all pretty shitty, i know they supous eto be shitty, but if the plot is a clusterfuck of things that mya or may not have happened and the characters are dense and awful, the story ends up being boring to the reader
I really like the characters so far. Lottie is a little too whiny but she's supposed to be self-loathing and I feel like she's pretty realistic so far as self-loathing people who construct these false, seemingly perfect personas go. She can be a little unlikable but not really irredeemable as well, so I think she strikes the right balance between being heavily flawed but not too flawed.

But I think I'm a little biased with the plot because I really love things like this, where a character's sanity is questioned, some things may or may not have happened, and it's a big mindfuck. I feel like that's what this book is, a mindfuck, and I like it.

The story wasn't boring to me because I really feel like it's basically an examination of public personas, the extent some may go to keep the persona up, the person underneath the persona, and what may happen when those layers behind the persona are peeled back so that others may get a glimpse at the 'real' individual. It wouldn't be as effective if it wasn't based on how fucked social media is these days, what with how easy it is to look like you're an amazing, cool person who always goes to the biggest parties, the nicest restaurants, etc.

Not positive but it seems shaping up a la Great Gatsby with an enclave of rich beautiful young insane assholes and their doings.

green pubes

bump

bump

Stop bumping and story time it or something. You start with an interesting page rather than the cover in the OP if the book is super popular.

This has always looked interesting to me, can someone give a quick rundown on the plot? Info on it, even on the internet, seems hard to find

Vapid fashion blogger accidentally murders someone

Not really, but that's half the fun

I bought volume 1 and still haven't read it
My backlog is too fucking much

The name immediatley turns me away from reading this. What were they thinking?

the new boogerman reboot looks great

its like a cross between Mean Girls and American Psycho

cutegirl is CUTE

You're supposed to be so docile a male as BLO'M that the thought of being disgusted by a female never enters your slave mind.

>I never see this talked about on here.
Storytime it if you want people to talk about it desu.

>I feel like they revealed the_____ way too soon

Pretty common mistake with artists/writers who are hungry and publishing serial works. Too many editors guiding the artist to "make a hook, so the publisher will buy the next chapter and you can keep going." Long-term investment is a bigger risk, with bigger payoff, but few people are willing to take the chance.

cutegirl is _OLD

old hag

I'm just waiting for Worst World desu. Snotgirl has been a mediocre stopgap between Seconds and his new project. Leslie's art is great, but i feel like O'Malley is just phoning in the story.

Snot is my fetish. It's also the only reason I entered this thread, so this comic better be full of it.

There's not enough for you. But its a hot girl who is super embarrassed about her allergies. You might like it.

Is it even still being published? I read the storytime on Sup Forums at the beginning of the year and liked it, but then I found that it went on hiatus and forgot about it.

none of the characters are relateable, except maybe cutegirl's twin that appeared for one issue

i guess there's some merit in watching a whole bunch of snotbags screw each other over but desu the only thing really keeping me going is leslie hung's art, which has remained pretty consistently good

>leslie hung's art
Definitely deserves credit, and was one of the things that got me to pick it up in the first place

Yeah it's back now. I really like the mystery going on. It feels a lot like Perfect Blue/Black Swan.

It's pretty fun. O'Malley is actually really good at writing vapid, insecure girls with tons of baggage.

Hung's the only real reason to keep reading, Bryan's writing is annoying since he wants this read in trades or a big ass book than a ongoing. The characters are all awful but they are also based in LA so it's totally believable.

My gripe is that we know jack shit about about what the plot is other than Coolgirl is fucking weird, someone got murdered, and the cop is eventually gonna do something? I haven't read issue 7 if it came out I'm behind so he may have done a thing. Give us some insight on what's up and going on with the mystery other than the girls freaking out over their coffees and brunches and shitty romances that don't work because we get that the characters are pieces of trash.