Star Wars: Clone Wars

I'm watching Clone Wars and just got to the first episode with Duchess Satine, which episode synopses tell me will be appearing a fair bit.

This episode is kind of shit and Satine is a bland peacenik stereotype. Should I just skip all her episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EVXQkHizI8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is it so hard for you autists to stay in your cancer containment thread?

Do not worry, she will die in an episode

>skipping the best slow burn of Star Wars
Just stop watching it entirely, it's too good for you

Geez, I'm only on her first episode. I'm just sick of all the forgettable episodes of this series mixed in with the good ones.

Does she at least evolve beyond "war is bad, mmkay?"

>skipping episodes

You've been talking to the creeps in /swco/ haven't you?

Pre Vizla go to bed

These episodes are some of the most important in the show, not even memeing.

She stands by her beliefs, through thick and thin.

Unfortunately, she is a pacifist in the middle of a war. There are likely consequences of this belief system.

Consequences that come down on her hard.

Just watch them dammit

I've given every episode a chance and when I've ditched two or three at the halfway point I wish I hadn't bothered.

No, and that's the point of her character.
It gets better in season 3, keep watching

She suffers the consequences of leading a de-militarized regime in a highly unstable political position in the middle of a galactic civil war while threatened by internal revolutionaries. Her plot also intersects with two other plots you'll encounter later on. Satine herself is kinda lame, but her position in the story makes her important, even if she is a self-righteous idiot .

Keep watching

Fuck you.

God the Mandolorian arc was the best fucking thing in Clone Wars. Rebels cannot even compete.

Why is Rebels so fucking bad guys? Its the same writing team I thought

Waxer was the purest clone trooper

youtube.com/watch?v=EVXQkHizI8s

Because it was focused on a kiddie audience rather than just accommodating it.

Satine was kind of like Padme if Padme weren't an absolute shit character.

I feel sorry for the clones; they die in enormous numbers and they're not really fighting for anything; if/when victory comes they don't have homes or families to return to. They're literally slaves.

Rebels Season 1 was the most kiddie and least ambitious then the rest of the seasons however it still has focus unlike the other seasons that feel like they go place to place blowing up imperial ships and knocking people out.

Clone Wars is the best cartoon in years with boundary pushing CG animation for a TV show. Trying to watch Rebels leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

They were born to fight, they don't exist for any other reason in the literal sense. They wouldn't have been cloned if there was no war, so I think they've made peace with their lot in life. At least they get to die in cool ass armor and dope vehicles.

A lot of the team left when Disney acquired Lucasfilm

Disney's executives are very meddling

Rebels has a fraction of the budget of TCW

It has been Disney-fied a bit. There's still some great moments, and it's a lot of fun at times, but lacking in that je ne sais quoi that Clone Wars had. I can forgive it for not looking as good, Disney has thrown 4 dollars and a bag of shake at the crew for the show compared to Lucas' budget he gave them.

Are Mandalorians the worst thing in Star Wars?

In the fandom, fuck yes.
In the old canon, it's either them or the New Jedi Order
In the new canon, no. They've done a great job of portraying them as extremely effective, but fallible, in combat, and politically unstable to an extreme.

There are barely any great moments DUDE LETS WEAR STORM TROOPER ARMOR AND BLOW UP A SHIP