In the scene before this one, Gohan asks his father, Goku, if he could be the 5th fighter on the team...

>In the scene before this one, Gohan asks his father, Goku, if he could be the 5th fighter on the team, which makes complete sense, so Gohan is not only half Saiyan, but possesses all the talents to reach nearly the same level as Goku and Vegeta (even if you disregard that he's not supposed to even be able to go SSJ due to the Mystic power up from the Kais).
>Goku tells him that he'll need him in 4 days, but Gohan retracts and says he won't be able to due to other obligations, but most importantly, because 4 days is not enough time to whip him back into fighting shape.
>Literally. The. Next. Scene. Goku talks Vegeta into going into the Time Chamber to train for 3 days, which equates to 3 years in there.

Am I missing something or are they purposely shitting on Gohan?

Gohan isn't a battle junkie. Dude is a nerd who wants to be a family man.

Yeah; but it's clearly evident, after the Frieza fight, that he wants to be just as strong as his father was before encountering Beerus, which, at one point, he was. However, that's not the problem; the problem is that they literally said they had no time to train Gohan back to those levels in 4 days but are then entering a fucking TIME CHAMBER TO TRAIN 3 YEARS IN 3 DAYS.

The time chamber can't hold more than two people at a time.

Didn't it have Piccolo, Trunks, Goten, and Boo at one point? Also, Goku invited Piccolo to train with both Vegeta and him.

>Watching Super

There's your problem.

Look man, Dragon Ball Super is not well written. DBZ was not very well written and this is DBZ with Toriyama's creative circuits burnt out years ago. You only have yourself to blame for watching this crap because you need more crappy anime fights in your life.

I think it had all the human Z fighters in it at once too

Toei as a whole can't produce quality anime anymore. Dragonball Super, Saint Seiya Omega, Sailor Moon Crystal and so on.

Basically. Super is even worse than Z when it comes to things like this.

It also used to have a lifetime limit on how much you could use it. Dende probably upgraded it.

I'm kinda liking it though. :/

You mean DBGT was not written very well. Because DBZ still holds up today

You alos can't use it more than twice or something really super duper bad will happen. Saaay, how many times did Vegeta go on it?

Gohan doesn't get a boner over fighting, he does get a boner over helping and saving people. Dude loves being a hero.

The only thing they give a shit about is Precure because they own it and don't have to give royalties to any other company.

>Didn't it have Piccolo, Trunks, Goten, and Boo at one point
Wasn't that to trap Buu inside by overloading the dimension, or something, and collapsing the portal?

He probably doesn't want to spend an entire fucking year training, even if it's only a day in real time.

>he's not supposed to even be able to go SSJ due to the Mystic power up from the Kais

u wot?

Twice then he died resetting the counter.

No, Piccolo did that by just destroying the door with a blast when he thought Gotenks couldn't beat Buu.

Super is actually interesting because the writing is rock-dumb but because they've burnt out so many ideas from Z that they have to do shit like

>wait now the Androids are top tier fighters
>let's bring Frieza back because he's the only villain anyone gives a shit
>no flying in this tournament so that the fights have some limitations
>oh look multiple fights happening at once instead of stand-off deathmatches for every episode

Maybe gohan didn't think 4 years in the time chamber would be enough

It was a thing from the last arc of DBZ that everyone took as holy gospel. Common sense says that this is DBZ, so it was only a matter of time before he figured out that he could do it anyway to get even stronger.

I've been told Precure hasn't been good since the princess season.

He got powered up to "his full potential" so SSJ would just use up energy for some blond hair while not giving him any extra power.
Of course at that point he still jobbed.

Then he stopped training and got weaker than Krillen.

And yet Toei keeps milking the franchise and keeps giving them their a-listers team.

Not Sup Forums fuck off

>Toriyama forgets his own canon
Imgurmuhshawk.png

No. No it doesn't. It is marginally better than GT, but it doesn't hold up worth a shit. At least not after Namek blew up. And probably not even before.

What was so terrible about the Android Saga?

>remember how master roshi couldnt even stop raditz? well now he's taking on freeza henchmen
>well now he's laying the smackdown on goku
>well now we've invited him to our team that will determine the fate of our universe

>remember how tien used to be a rival of goku's? well he's never relevant again

>remember how super saiyan 3 and fusion were supposed to be top tier techniques? never relevant again
>hell, remember when goku actually used techniques? never again

>remember when videl had a personality? nah

>remember when buu was an unholy terror? and the kais (especially supreme) were literally gods? nah

>all of a sudden there's a galactic police force who did jack shit to contain freeza or stop saiyan planet sharking

In Super he just says he doesn't want to because he wants to find another path to follow.

I thought there was a fucking limit on that chamber!? Why didn't Kami get the guys to use it before the saiyans arrived, or goku before fighting piccolo (Just have him go back in for an hour a week if he couldn't handle it) or when they were preparing for the androids

Toriyama is a hack

>

They're purposefully shitting on Gohan.

>Toriyama is a hack

You answered your own question. I'll never understand how dbz has such a huge fan base.

This. Dude just wants to study and protect his family, Goten is just a spunky kid and Goku would literally fight anything that is stronger than him

If Toriyama can't be bothered to give a fuck about this garbage series, why does anyone else?

no its just that it only hold enough food to sustain TWO people.

If I recall ....might be wrong.

Oh man you barely scratched the surface but your last point is the worst because not only is thee a galactic patrol but remember how Freezas deal was taking over and selling planets? Turns out there's only 20 something in the whole universe with life on them

user, as someone that grew on db, z, and gt, and following and enjoying it despite the dumb crap that comes with it, I can homestly say that that is the biggest load of shit anyone could say about this series. The original dbz anime from all the way back dealt with the same exact issues super does today. Crap animation that comes and goes because of the multiple animation studios trying to make episodes as fast as they can, inconsistencies to the story due to a combination of toriyama being semi-senile comedy writer that goes by the rule of cool and toei adding in random bullshit only for it to get contradicted later, shitty filler no one wanted, weird writing that didn't really make sense in hindsight, insanely fucking slow pacing because they caught up with the original manga like halfway through the namek saga and had to make one episode a . etc etc. I love dbz too, it was my favorite show growing up and what got me into anime and manga, but I'm self aware enough to take off my rose colored glasses and see that it had a ton of issues too. Though I will admit Kai did much better and really gave the manga justice.

>and the kais (especially supreme) were literally gods? nah
That's still true, they are the gods of life and creation in each universe meanwhile people like Beerus and Champa are the gods of of destruction

>Turns out there's only 20 something in the whole universe with life on them

which makes no fucking sense considering the freeza force had more than hundreds of different aliens in their ranks, and we've witnessed beerus destroy several life-supporting planets

Dende retooled the Time Chamber so that the restrictions were lifted.

It's literally a time-warp gym now.